PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta area spotting

wawazat??
06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
My wife while on business in Atlanta spotted a dead red SVX on I-20 (I believe) and called me to let me know. What a woman, eh???:D

Anyone here:confused:

Todd

dcarrb
06-15-2006, 05:37 AM
By "dead" I guess you mean stalled on the roadside? Bummer. They're aren't but a handful of SVXs in or around ATL. I drive down regularly and have never seen one there.

dcb

SVXRide
06-15-2006, 09:09 AM
My wife while on business in Atlanta spotted a dead red SVX on I-20 (I believe) and called me to let me know. What a woman, eh???:D

Anyone here:confused:

Todd

You're a lucky man, my friend!!:cool: :D :D
-Bill

wawazat??
06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
She was with her boss and another co-worker too! She's shameless :D (fits nicely as I'm clueless:rolleyes: :D )

Todd

svxcuseme
06-25-2006, 01:11 PM
My wife while on business in Atlanta spotted a dead red SVX on I-20 (I believe) and called me to let me know. What a woman, eh???

That is Love...she's a keeper !!!

Spotted a red one on Jimmy Carter about 1 year ago.
A white one on Lavista & 285 6 months ago.
One Black and another Blue in Roswell.
Blue one owned by LiquidForce. He's in the middle of a 5-speed install. Bought the car, I believe from a network member named Jason.
Another Ebony at royal Subaru in Decatur
One rust bucket in the woods under a tarp at the folks place.
One nice Ebony 5-speed in my garage :D

That's 7 sightings for me, but yeah have'nt seen that many. Kinda cool driving a car no one is familiar with.

SVXdc
06-27-2006, 09:45 PM
I saw a red one this past Sunday on Lower Roswell Rd near Parkaire Mall in Marietta.

About two years ago I saw a blue one at the Publix on Powers Ferry & Delk in Marietta (might have been Porter's, but I left a note and figured he would have e-mailed if it was him).

svxcuseme
06-30-2006, 08:33 AM
SVXdc,

Howdy fellow Geek! So you live in Marietta? Not to familiar with the Northwest Syeed of town. So what was the Parts distrubution tour you attended all about? Just an opportunity to see where we spend all our money? :eek:

Marc

SVXdc
07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
SVXdc,

Howdy fellow Geek! So you live in Marietta? Not to familiar with the Northwest Syeed of town. So what was the Parts distrubution tour you attended all about? Just an opportunity to see where we spend all our money? :eek:

MarcHowdy back at ya, Marc!
Yes, I live in Marietta. Though it seems like I've been spending most of my time at work lately...

The tour of the parts facility was cool. It was actually put on for WRX owners, back when Subaru was trumpeting that car (are they still?) But all Subaru owners were invited, and several of us SVX owners showed up.

I don't know if they've done it since, but I'd go again.

The technician training area no long has the SVX engines. An SVX owner named Matt who lives in Paulding county got one of them. If I recall, I think he said his dad worked there and picked it up cheap. It had 0 miles -- it had only been used for teaching techs how to work on SVX engines.

Meanwhile, this past Monday I saw a red SVX (same one?) getting on I-75 north just below I-285.

Noir
07-18-2006, 05:55 PM
hmm...red huh...

i can only think of 4 different red svx's in atlanta.

one for arondale.
one for some one who works at the thai restaurant @ discover mills.
one for some old asian guy who frequents buford.
and one that was for sale at gwinnett place honda in 2003.

apparently the guy who owns the atlanta purple svx may have a red one. i dunno.

no i'm not a stalker....really. :p

Noir
07-18-2006, 05:56 PM
there's about 20~25 svx's within 30 miles of atlanta. :)

Noir
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Hello SouthEast, that is all.

Noir
08-01-2006, 12:31 AM
dang it........i was moderated. :p