PDA

View Full Version : A totalled '92 in Maryland

briansel
05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
It has been a sad week for me here in Maryland. After coming to a stop on the interstate because of a traffic jam, I was rear ended by a dodge ram and shoved into the car in front of me. Today, my svx was declared a total loss. The highest bid by a salvage shop was $650. I'm posting here because I'd rather a fellow svx lover have first dibs on the car, or any of its major components. If I had more time and mechanical know-how, I would part this one out myself. So I'm offering the entire car, as-is for $650. Unfortunately I think I'll need an answer (or a serious inquiry) within a week or I'll have to let it go. Here are some details on the car....

It is an all original '92 dark teal LS-L with 167,062 miles

Engine, etc: ran well (8 on scale of 1-10)
new spark plugs, seals all around, timing belt, alternator in last 15,000 miles

Transmission: slipped in 3rd and 4th under light throttle for past 2 years, never got worse. always shifted perfectly other than that.

Interior: Much better than average seats, panels, accessories, etc. carpet/floor mats are in average shape.

Exterior: see attached pictures

Wheels/tires: the wheels are in decent shape, with some paint peeling, the tires would last awhile longer but could use replacing.

All electronics and accessories worked fine, including a remote start

A note to supplement the pictures: as you can tell the passenger side rear body panels were damaged, but the driver's side was not affected (both doors are unaffected as well). I thought you might like to see the license plate meets exhaust pipe picture too.

If it isn't obvious from the pictures, the car can not be started at the moment. The radiator was damaged and some hoses were torn, so the remaining coolant (the reserve tank is full) would be pumped out if the engine were run. Also, the radiator is obstructing the accessory belt's movement.

Other than that, take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.
A lot were just over 1MB and couldn't be added, but you get the idea.

-Brian

briansel
05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
and i had to add one from before the accident (i had lighter versions of the same picture, but they were over 1MB)

svxcuseme
05-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Brian,

Sorry to hear about this. I had a similar accident in my previous subaru that prompted me buying the SVX. Glad you were'nt hurt badly. Wish you were closer or I'd be interested.

briansel
05-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah I wasn't hurt at all, that's always good. My hopes are up right now though, I may have found a low mileage '96 in my price range!

ensteele
05-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Good luck on your future SVX purchase and hope you find a good one to help forget about your loss. :)

mikecg
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Count me as a serious enquiry. I wanted to pick up an extra engine anyway the only problem is I dont have the cash on hand. I can get it together by July 1st though. Just got hit with a few large bills so money is a tad tight.

If you would mind holding the car til then I'd love to pick it up.

briansel
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
As of right now, I don't think holding the car that long will be a problem. I'll keep this thread current as to any new developments though. Also, just want to be sure you caught the fact that it can't be driven at the moment, it would need a flatbed. Thanks for the interest.
I'm driving to Philadelphia tomorrow to check out this '96. Thanks Earl, I hope it looks as good as it sounds!

mikecg
05-30-2006, 05:13 AM
I need some contact info. I may be able to make arrangements to pay and pick up this coming weekend.

briansel
05-31-2006, 07:34 AM
sent you a pm, sorry i missed yours, not in the habit of checking them yet and just got back from vacation

briansel
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
just to keep the thread current... the car has gone with mikecg to new jersey. thanks mike and good luck. meanwhile i'm still looking for another car!