PDA

View Full Version : Bad hood struts or trade for good ones

Subafreak
05-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah like it says...I got a glass hood and now I need some bad hood struts to cut up becouse all I have are good ones. So if anyone has some junk struts sitting around I want then or if anyone wants to buy my good ones and trade me the bad ones......let me know!!!

michael
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
I have a bad one if you want it, give me your address. Not sure if it is a left or right. I killed the other one getting the pivot ball out.

noqu26
05-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah like it says...I got a glass hood and now I need some bad hood struts to cut up becouse all I have are good ones. So if anyone has some junk struts sitting around I want then or if anyone wants to buy my good ones and trade me the bad ones......let me know!!!

My hood Struts on my car are bad. I would love to take a set of good ones off your hands. Shipping would be to 17824

Earthworm
05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Define good.

- will they push up the hood on their own before the hood is open all the way?

At least one of my hood struts is weak.

Subafreak
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
My hood Struts on my car are bad. I would love to take a set of good ones off your hands. Shipping would be to 17824

Well I don't won't them off my hands but like $25 buck and trade for yours would be cool.

Subafreak
05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Define good.

- will they push up the hood on their own before the hood is open all the way?

At least one of my hood struts is weak.

Good question...If you pull the hood down about a foot it will sit there holding but they don't push it up from there.

noqu26
05-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Mine won't lift or support the hood so as long as the ones i'm getting can hold the hood up I'll take them. Are you in a rush to get them? because I would be taking them off my car which is my daily driver of sorts. Maybe I could pay you the $25 and then you could ship me the good ones. Once i get those and put them on my car i could send you my old spent ones? sound reasonable?

Subafreak
05-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Um...sorry I found a swap locally.

TomsSVX
05-20-2006, 09:27 AM
for future reference. My glass hood is rolling completely shot hood struts. didn't even try to hold a stock hood open for a second just fell straight down, now the hood shoots right up and closes without putting pressure on the hood, no pins required...

Tom