PDA

View Full Version : Sorry no N0S

TomsSVX
04-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Sorry I didn't run the system for you guys. Earlier the cops were out and I was contemplating a late night run but it was just too wet and too many puddles for me to hydroplane on and wipe out my car. Hope some of you enjoyed the purge though, it's all I could do:(

Tom

Budfreak
04-25-2006, 04:08 AM
It's OK. All that's important is that you were there. I agree the water was a little much out there. Subafreak and me basically ran through a big stream in the parking lot that we couldn't even tell was there till we were in it. It really hit the car hard and slowed us down. If I would have known we were gonna make a run, I would have been driving.:rolleyes: Things would had been a little closer.:cool:

j/k Jessie:D

SVXRide
04-25-2006, 04:21 AM
NOS? You've got NOS on your car? No! I thought they were just vaccuum lines:rolleyes: :p :cool: :D
-Bill

mikecg
04-25-2006, 11:40 AM
NOS? You've got NOS on your car? No! I thought they were just vaccuum lines:rolleyes: :p :cool: :D
-Bill

Thats what he's talking about. NOS stands for Natural Oxygen Suction.

:D

TomsSVX
04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
-Bill
No.... someone else's car. I was going to run someone else's car who wished to remain secretive

Tom

TomsSVX
04-25-2006, 12:57 PM
for those of you who couldn't make it I have a couple pics. I will not spray for a while now but you will know when I do.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35526.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35527.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35528.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35247.JPG

Tom

SUBBYRU89
04-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I got a ride in the silver beast:p NOS no NOS doesn't matter to me...nice nice nice and your seats I want them REAL BAD NOW:D

My friend LIAR (svxfiles)...those breaks were awesome...definately want those too!

All yall had some nice rides even the one with the flowers on was kinda neat...different.

mikecg
04-26-2006, 12:08 PM
All yall had some nice rides even the one with the flowers on was kinda neat...different.

Well there goes that mental block. Thanks.

Chiketkd
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice looking set-up Tom. With the injectors you're using, how big of a shot will you use?

SVXRide
04-26-2006, 02:03 PM
I got a ride in the silver beast:p NOS no NOS doesn't matter to me...nice nice nice and your seats I want them REAL BAD NOW:D

My friend LIAR (svxfiles)...those breaks were awesome...definately want those too!

Melis,
I think you're referring to the Sparco seats in Jesse's 6spd car -- Tom just has stock seats.
-Bill

TomsSVX
04-26-2006, 02:03 PM
stage 2 Chike. 2v5 software with the 165 hp shot. Making 518ft lbs of tq!!!!! And that was rated on an auto trans:D :D

Tom

TomsSVX
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Melis,
I think you're referring to the Sparco seats in Jesse's 6spd car -- Tom just has stock seats.
-Bill

No she is referring to my LS half escaine half leather seats

Tom

SVXRide
04-26-2006, 02:06 PM
stage 2 Chike. 2v5 software with the 165 hp shot. Making 518ft lbs of tq!!!!! And that was rated on an auto trans:D :D

Tom

My poor little normally aspirated car with its stock auto trans and ECU will obviously not stand a chance in the 1/4 against your beast:rolleyes: ;)
-Bill
p.s. Tom - give me a call, the pearlie north of you is a definite go.

Myxalplyx
04-26-2006, 07:08 PM

Tom

I can not get that out of my mind. 165 hp shot, 165 hp shot, 165 hp shot. Dew Et! Due At! DO IT! :eek:

TomsSVX
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I wish I could but I need my car and if anything went wrong, I do not have the time swap in my spare motor right now. Plus the teal isn't running right yet so I couldn't use that either. Wait until school is done and I will run it at Atco a few times... if it blows up.... oh well

Tom

SSSVX
04-26-2006, 11:23 PM
I hope you can get an expected time at the track with your NOS and run against svxfiles. That'll be an interesting battle. :D

4.44 + boost
and
6mt + 165hp shot

who will be quicker on the track? :rolleyes:

what if svxfiles puts a 165hp on his boost? :eek:

TomsSVX
04-26-2006, 11:26 PM
hey, if Tom is making 500ftlbs thats freakin awsome!! I will see him at the strip this summer

Tom

Budfreak
04-27-2006, 12:37 AM
what if svxfiles puts a 165hp on his boost? :eek:

Can you say BOOM!:eek:

Who wants to bet on what would go first when Svxfiles hit that button:
1.Tranny
2.Front diff
3.Engine
4.His heart(enough torque to stop the sucker cold:cool:)

I'll bet on 3 and 4.:D

SUBBYRU89
04-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Melis,
-Bill

Tom is correct. Even though Jesse's got a nice seat Tom's is sooo much better. I fit in Jesse's nice and snug, but there is no way I'd wanna sit in it all the time...gets uncomfortable...now Tom's mmmmm I can sit there forevAR...need to get me some of those.
~Melis

Chiketkd
04-27-2006, 07:54 AM

Tom
Nice! :cool: Should everything hold together...you'll have one quick et at the end of the 1/4 mile!!!! :cool: Hope you've selected some nice W-I-D-E tires!!! :)

My $$$ is on young Tom having the fastest et of any SVX in the known world by this summer! ;) :cool: With fwd, slicks, an auto tranny and *just* a 125 shot, this is the fastest run thus far by Poweredx2:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/19773.jpg

-Chike

TomsSVX
04-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Should be fun!!! I am going to keep all of you in the dark on my times until I hold a meet at the strip... HAHAHA Suckers!!!!;) ;)

Tom

n00b on demand
04-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Should be fun!!! I am going to keep all of you in the dark on my times until I hold a meet at the strip... HAHAHA Suckers!!!!;) ;)

Tom

Of course you would t00l :rolleyes:

mikecg
04-27-2006, 03:38 PM
So Tom when are WE going? I have good software coming and the 9lb pulley is going back on.

n00b on demand
04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
We should plan a meet for may!!...i wanna bring my boys and show them what SVX's can do!!

TomsSVX
04-28-2006, 10:12 AM
once school is out I will be able to go whenever.

Tom

SUBBYRU89
04-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Tom, to lighten your load and give you a better time I can hold those seats for ya..;)

Chiketkd
04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
once school is out I will be able to go whenever.
Sounds good to me! http://padrenet.com/hlink/smilies/avatar9793_2.gif

-Chike

SVXRide
04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Sounds good to me! http://padrenet.com/hlink/smilies/avatar9793_2.gif

-Chike

Chike,
So, how far East are you willing to drive that WRX?:cool:
-Bill

Chiketkd
04-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Chike,
So, how far East are you willing to drive that WRX?:cool:
-Bill
Depends... How far south are you willing to drive Bill-Stock eleven billion?! ;)

SVXRide
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Depends... How far south are you willing to drive Bill-Stock eleven billion?! ;)

MIR is probably my limit...especially with 93 oct at 3.25/gal and rising:eek:
-Bill

Chiketkd
04-28-2006, 08:30 PM
MIR is probably my limit...especially with 93 oct at 3.25/gal and rising:eek:
-Bill
That's too far for me for the exact same reason. Can you do Hagerstown?

I'm not planning to go drag racing for a while though. I have nothing to prove there - I want to really work on improving my driving skills in autoX.

SVXRide
04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
That's too far for me for the exact same reason. Can you do Hagerstown?

I'm not planning to go drag racing for a while though. I have nothing to prove there - I want to really work on improving my driving skills in autoX.

You did say South, right?:rolleyes: Hagerstown (Mason-Dixon, right?) is fine - it's about 2 hours North of me;) :D
-Bill
p.s. have you found a spare set of rims and R-comps yet? Shame you're on 17" rims, my Hoosiers might be available soon (i.e. I might be going to 17" rims myself...)

TomsSVX
04-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey Bill, I may be up for those hoosiers:D . Anyway, Atco it will be for my first run because their tech is a freakin joke and I still need to buy about $100 more in parts to run it at any track that will allow it. Bill, I learned a lot more about the blow down tubes and whatnot so if u still need to know about urs, give me a call. Now I am more focused on getting the teal running correctly so I can get it on the road... Need to call SVXfiles and possibly borrow a tool;)

Tom

SVXRide
04-29-2006, 06:25 AM
blowdown tube? what blowdown tube? was that an option that Subaru offered that I'm not aware of?:rolleyes:
-Bill

Chiketkd
04-29-2006, 07:06 AM
You did say South, right?:rolleyes: Hagerstown (Mason-Dixon, right?) is fine - it's about 2 hours North of me;) :D
-Bill
p.s. have you found a spare set of rims and R-comps yet? Shame you're on 17" rims, my Hoosiers might be available soon (i.e. I might be going to 17" rims myself...)
Sorry. I thought you lived north of Baltimore for some reason...

Nope. No luck with the r-comps, just don't have the spare $$$. I picked up a set of 225/45/17 Kuhmo Escta 712's the other day for $120 (90% tread left). They'll be replacing my stock 215/45/17 Bridgestone all-season tires. Not the best, but an improvement in the right direction. I'm also getting an alignment for $60. I'll have my front -ve camber adjusted to the max that the factory suspension will allow; and leave the rear as-is since it comes with -1* of camber stock.

In autoX, I need to work on getting both sides of my car closer to the inside corner cones, and have a better estimation of the grip at all four corners. The leader in D-Stock in my region, drives the exact same car as myself (down to the color) and he competes on r-compounds. I'm currently 5-6 seconds back from him in time. By the end of the season, I'd like to be 2-2.5 seconds back.

-Chike