PDA

View Full Version : Reading 8 Dates?

svxcess
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
READING 8 will be held from Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22, 2007.

Here are the essentials:

Reading 8 Dates: Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22, 2007

A block of 40 rooms has been reserved for us. There are 35 rooms with 2 queen beds and 5 king suites. The rate for either is $72.00/night plus 11% tax, for a total of $79.92/night.

The dining room will again be open for lunch on Saturday from 11:30am-1:30pm., the same as it was last year.

There are two other groups booked for that weekend. One is taking about 50 rooms and the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) is taking about 30. They will be here for events at the Maple Grove Raceway (more motorheads... woohoo!)

Sydney Simpson (our HI sales director) says that as our block starts to fill up, she can add additional rooms if we need them, as long as they are available. The only way we can be assured of that is to confirm early if you even think you might go. Your CC will not be charged until you arrive and you can always cancel at the last minute. If you commit enough put your name on the signup sheet, then be prepared to call the hotel after they receive the signed contract. Ask for the reservation under the "SVX World Network" or the "Subaru SVX Club"

The reservation phone numbers for the Morgantown Holiday Inn are:

Toll-free: (800) 339-0264
Local: ....(610) 286-3000
Fax .......(610) 286-1920

The last date for reservation cutoff of the remaining, unconfirmed rooms in the block was Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 4:00PM.

UPDATE
The leftover rooms were returned to the general availibility pool and any reservations made after this date are honored on a space-available basis, and not at the original group rate, but the prevailing rate of $139.00/night plus tax, for a per night rate of $154.29.

You can go directly to the signup sheet by clicking THIS LINK (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36666). Go to the last page and add your name.

Don't wait to register! Poor Kelli (SHISVX) had to pay double the price of our group rate. She waited too late and registered after the block of reserved rooms was gone. With tax, her room was over $150.00/night

Electrophil
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Some of us poor southern boys can't enjoy those luxuries anyway.

I think I'll go drown my sorrows. I never get to hang out with the big boys at Reading. :( No expertice from the Tom's, no riding in supercharged SVX's. I'm an outcast in a world of have's.

Cry a tear for me, as I drown my sorrows.:( :(

newsvx
04-24-2006, 05:34 AM
I know this is waaayyyyy to early to worry about, much less consider....

Easter 2007 falls on April 8th.

The 2nd weekend in April is Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15.
The 3rd weekend is Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22

Since the meet monster was relatively on his good behavior this year, should we tempt him with a Friday, the 13th? :eek:

We can have a poll later down the road. I definitely want to get Reading 8 hotel plans completed by the end of the year. As I said on another thread, I want everyone who is considering attending to reserve rooms within 30 days of the contract being signed, so we can enlarge the block as necessary.

Poor Kelli (SHISVX) had to pay double the price of our group rate. She waited too late and registered after the block of reserved rooms was gone. With tax, her room was about $150.00/night

John,
I vote for the April 20 weekend - better chance of good weather and no conflict with getting taxes in.
Bummer about Kelli. This points out that one should register early and if you can't make it, cancel the reservation - one just has to remember!

The meet this year was great in spite of the rain (and a bit cold too). Just getting together with ole friends was the best part! Well done, John!!
Harry

SVX-FF
04-24-2006, 07:17 AM
I will agree in April 21st & 22nd. Besides that is my birthday weekend. :)

That is if I do not break another timing belt, again :eek: .

Steve

green_eyed_lady
04-24-2006, 09:15 AM
I vote for the 3rd weekend as well. Can't really relax till the taxes are done. Anyway, the later we have it, the better chance the weather will cooperate.

SVXRide
04-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Yep, 3rd weekend is fine. Suggest you consult the Farmer's Almanac to make sure it will be warm and sunny:D
-Bill

Royal Tiger
04-24-2006, 03:06 PM
This gives me time to come up with something faster then the car I brought this year. Maybe a Prancing Horse?

Earthworm
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
As long as it's not a galloping horse
...mullet...

TomsSVX
04-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Maybe we should seriously contemplate my idea for reading 8 now rather than later. I would love to find an SVX needing a little work and fixer up and raffle it off at Reading. $25 a ticket should pay for it as long as some people would be generous in finding the right parts for it. Anyone have an SVX the would like to donate?? As long as the body is in relatively good shape everything else could be wrong with it. Hey, we have a year to fix it:cool:

Tom

LarryIII
04-25-2006, 03:48 AM
John,

I guess I'll start the list.

READING VIII SIGNUP LIST

1. SVXCESS
2. Larry III & the Beautiful Naviguesser

LarryIII
04-25-2006, 03:58 AM
I propose that Reading VIII be the Eastern half of the 15th Anniv. SVX Meet. I think that the western half can be held on the 'left coast', on the same weekend, at someplace like Earl's. Earl can you have your seafood feast early (April) next year?

What does everyone think of that idea.

If everyone likes yhe idea, there will have to be alot of volunteers , both in the east and west in order to pull this off as there is alot of work involved.
No volunteers = no 15th anniv. meet. So let's get cracking.

Budfreak
04-25-2006, 04:16 AM
1. SVXCESS
3.Budfreak & Mrs.Budfreak(For as long as I'm breathing:))

Royal Tiger
04-25-2006, 08:24 AM
1. SVXCESS
3. Budfreak & Mrs.Budfreak(For as long as I'm breathing)
4. Tigershark (hopefully driving my own Porsche next year)

CigarJohnny
04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
I couldn't do this years but will sure try for #8. :)

1. SVXCESS
5. CigarJohnny and PTJackie

svxxx26
04-26-2006, 05:25 PM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26

I vote for the 3rd weekend of April.

newsvx
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Count me in ........
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx

Harry

hophead
04-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi all, count me in for the next Reading meet even if my 92 has bit the dust by then. I had a great time last weekend meeting you all. Got an appointment for new rear bearings next week and plan on a trans cooler in the next few weeks.

Fred:eek:

newsvx
04-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Fred,
I have you on the list now ..... as Number 8. Keep track of the thread in the coming year so you can make hotel reservations, etc. Great to have you onboard the Network!!

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead

Harry

Matthewmongan
04-27-2006, 10:44 PM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
9. MatthewMongan and April (Mongan, by then)

LarryIII
04-28-2006, 03:28 AM
Mathew,

So, April and you are planning to motor down the aisle. Where are you two registered? I hope that you have already chosen the SVX pattern for your fine china and silver. ;)
Personally, Rosie and I like the bordeaux pearl against bone white on the china and the barcelona red for the cut crystal. :D

Matthewmongan
04-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Mathew,

So, April and you are planning to motor down the aisle. Where are you two registered? I hope that you have already chosen the SVX pattern for your fine china and silver. ;)
Personally, Rosie and I like the bordeaux pearl against bone white on the china and the barcelona red for the cut crystal. :D

well she likes the outbacks so i imagine we will get a two tone color patern, forest green and champagine.

TomsSVX
04-28-2006, 08:05 PM
post tax season please:D

Tom

svxfreq
05-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Why couldn't reading be a couple weeks later, I'd LOVE to go next year, but April is the end of the school year for most university student, end of year = exam, EXAMS + STUDYING = NO TIME FOR A ROAD TRIP

I would like to propose that Reading were on a long weekend perhaps, I'm not sure what long weekends you have in the states, but May long weekend for us is next weekend, and that's the exact weekend when :
A) Drag racing opens:)
B) Cruise night begins:cool:
C) Auto-X season opens:p

Not only that, but I would be driving down with Dave aka Earthworm, his girlfriend, and possibly his dad, so it's not just me. I'm sure there's others here in Canada that would rather wait for good weather to travel the highways. April is always hit and miss, usually all slushy, roads are full of salt, plus lots of rain/hail season too.

I think that it just makes more sense, and the weather is much nicer and more predictable, i.e. highways are more fun to travel in good weather. Also I am parking my SVX this winter, and I am not taking it out till it's nice out again.

Just a tought, I know it doesn't really matter thought because I am a fairly new member and have never gone to Reading. Just wish I would have a chance. :(

svxcess
06-20-2006, 08:16 AM
URGENT ISSUE: TIME-SENSITIVE

I just got a call from Tia Jones, Group Sales manager for the Morgantown Holiday Inn. She was asking if we knew what the dates were for Reading VIII.

She assumed it would be around the same time as last year when she called me. The purpose of hercall was to let me know that a large group was beginning to book for the weekend of April 20-22, 2007.

As a courtesy, before she did anything further with that group, she wanted to let her "historical" groups have the first preferences. The hotel rates for Reading VIII would be locked in at $72.00/night, plus tax. This is $3.00/night above last year's rate.

I know that this is really early in the game, but I can secure a room contract for 35 rooms. The problem is that the another group may take up any additional rooms we may need. Should I bump it up tp 40? (35 twin queen beds and 5 kings)

We have to act very quickly if we want to do this. Please give me some immediate input!

On a somewhat related note, we may have this same problem with hotels if we decide to go back to Lafayette in 2007.

TomsSVX
06-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Book it, you know we will fill it

Tom

svxcess
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
My instincts tell me to just go ahead and confirm over the phone now for 40 rooms. That gives the hotel time to get a contract to me and sign it. Things really aren't official until they get a signed contract back.

In the meantime I can get more feedback here.

Start thinking about what to do for the 15th...

svxcess
06-20-2006, 09:29 AM
My instincts tell me to just go ahead and confirm over the phone now for 40 rooms. That gives the hotel time to get a contract to me and sign it. Things really aren't official until they get a signed contract back.

In the meantime I can get more feedback here.

Start thinking about what to do for the 15th...

svxcess
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
IT'S DONE!

I just got off the phone with Sydney at Morgantown. She is reserving a block of rooms for us over the phone and has emailed me the contract, as well as mailing a hard copy.

Here are the essentials:

A block of 40 rooms has been reserved for us. There are 35 rooms with 2 queen beds and 5 king suites. The rate for either is $72.00/night plus 11% tax, for a total of $79.92/night.

The dining room will again be open for lunch on Saturday as it was last year.

There are two other groups starting to book for that weekend. One is taking about 50 rooms and the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) is taking about 30. They will be here for events at the Maple Grove Raceway (more motorheads... woohoo!)

Sydney says that as our block starts to fill up, she can add additional rooms if we need them, as long as they are available. The only way we can be assured of that is to confirm early if you even think you might go. Your CC will not be charged until you arrive and you can always cancel at the last minute. If you commit enough put your name on the signup sheet, then be prepared to call the hotel after they receive the signed contract.

The last date for reservation cutoff of the remaining, unconfirmed rooms in the block is Friday, March 20, 2007 at 4:00PM. The leftover rooms will be returned to the general availibility pool and any reservations made after this date are honored on a space-available basis, and not necessarily at the original group rate.

The current hotel contract for Reading VIII can be seen in the Word attachment in this post.

sjlwel
06-20-2006, 10:24 AM
You are really organizing early this year! We don't need the hotel reservation as we have always been "commuters" but we enjoy and appreciate all the effort needed to get this together. Being fairly close to Morgantown, if you need me to do something (that does not require pulling out SVX innards), let me know. Sandy

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn

newsvx
06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Well done, John - as usual, you are well on top of things.

I have not been online to to being just too busy to even get on the computer much, but as soon as you let us know when to make reservations, I'll be calling.

Thanks for doing all of this!!
Harry

MNYPNNY
06-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Dangit!
I will not be able to make it next year..... but all this makes me want to!

Earthworm
06-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Dangit!
I will not be able to make it next year..... but all this makes me want to!That's what you said last year! :p :D

MNYPNNY
06-23-2006, 04:01 PM
That's what you said last year! :p :D

Yeah, I know I did, but this year I'm going on a girls' trip to Las Vegas at around the same time. Vegas is closer! (and warmer)

Royal Tiger
06-29-2006, 06:16 AM
I hope the Porsche event at Hershey isn't the same weekend again next year.

It's Just Eric
07-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Hmm..LooksLikeWe'llBeSharingTheDragstripThisTimeAr ound:)
(OnceAgain...myKeyboardIsBroken.PardonTheLackOfSpa ces)

Speedklix
07-17-2006, 01:12 AM
bump 6789;)

GreenMarine
07-17-2006, 09:31 AM
I won't be making it again next year.... Sorry guys :rolleyes: :(

TomsSVX
07-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I won't be making it again next year.... Sorry guys :rolleyes: :(

:eek: :eek: :eek: Shocking!!!:rolleyes: ;)

Tom

Budfreak
07-17-2006, 12:57 PM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
11.Lynda & Marty(Budfreaks parents & New SVX owners)

dunlopSVX
08-02-2006, 07:24 PM
can i know where in the usa it is cuz i would like to be there but im in quebc in canada :o so it would be a nice trip to the us by the way:D

Hocrest
08-02-2006, 07:53 PM
can i know where in the usa it is cuz i would like to be there but im in quebc in canada :o so it would be a nice trip to the us by the way:D

The Reading Meet is held in Morgantown, Pennsylvania. Probably about a 7 hour drive from Montreal. If your looking to make a longer trip out of it, you'll be passing the Adirondaks of NY, and within an hour of New York City. Morgantown is within an hour of the Lancaster Amish communities and Philadelphia. Only a few hours to the south are Baltimore and Washinton DC.

green_eyed_lady
08-03-2006, 08:41 AM
The Reading Meet is held in Morgantown, Pennsylvania. Probably about a 7 hour drive from Montreal. If your looking to make a longer trip out of it, you'll be passing the Adirondaks of NY, and within an hour of New York City. Morgantown is within an hour of the Lancaster Amish communities and Philadelphia. Only a few hours to the south are Baltimore and Washinton DC.
Dave apparently has a side job with the Greater Morgantown Tourism Bureau. :p

Earthworm
08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
It's a short drive compared to the drive from Winnipeg! :D I've done it twice.

Hocrest
08-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Dave apparently has a side job with the Greater Morgantown Tourism Bureau. :p

Hey, I'm pretired right now... I'll take any work I can get ;) :D

green_eyed_lady
08-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey, I'm pretired right now... I'll take any work I can get ;) :D
If you can swing a hammer, we've got free room, board and all the Asti (or beer) you can drink! No money, though. :p

shelfy
08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
It's a short drive compared to the drive from Winnipeg! :D I've done it twice.mapquest says i have you beat. i may never go. :( 1705 miles each way is too far.

Earthworm
08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
mapquest says i have you beat. i may never go. :( 1705 miles each way is too far.Do like Michelle and fly. Driving's more fun though. Don't take the low miler though...buy an SVX in PA as an excuse to go.

shelfy
08-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Do like Michelle and fly. Driving's more fun though. Don't take the low miler though...buy an SVX in PA as an excuse to go.that would work. i can go anywhere frontier airlines flies for $55 and buy one in or near those cities. i will have to keep my eyes open. :)

Royal Tiger
08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Ken, you should try to make it out, just once.

PseudoFreak
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
12. PseudoFreak and maybe by then Mrs. PseudoFreak

My92SVX
08-23-2006, 02:39 PM
My92SVX--- I'm new.. I'll be there.. :rolleyes:

My92SVX
08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
13. My92SVX

ensteele
09-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Do like Michelle and fly. Driving's more fun though. Don't take the low miler though...buy an SVX in PA as an excuse to go.

That is what I did last time, but I don't think I will do that this time. :o

Don't get me wrong, it worked out last time, but I don't really need another one. :rolleyes: ;) :)

svxfiles
10-20-2006, 01:36 PM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
13. My92SVX
14.svxfiles (Unless I'm dead.)
15. Green_Eyed_Lady (Unless She is in jail for killing me.)
16. Mr Hoots (David)
17. boxer6 (Nick)

Hocrest
10-20-2006, 02:22 PM
hmmm... I thought I already did this??

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
13. My92SVX
16. Mr Hoots (David)
17. boxer6 (Nick)
18. Subbyru89
19. Hocrest

It's Just Eric
10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
13. My92SVX
16. Mr Hoots (David)
17. boxer6 (Nick)
18. Subbyru89
19. Hocrest
20. It's Just Eric

Ill be the first of the jersey crew to add myself to the list. Expect about 5 more:D

TomsSVX
10-22-2006, 05:30 PM
I will be the second from the crew to join... Should be interesting this year though, a lot of cool cars should be there to match the "interesting" people.

Tom

Yes, svxfiles I am calling you "interesting" because it is the nice way of describing you ;) :D

svxfiles
10-23-2006, 07:39 AM
From Websters New World Dictionary and Thesaurus;
interesting adj. exciting curiosity or attention; of interest

Possesses the ability, nay, the propensity of divergent thought.;)

svxfreq
11-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Damn guys, I was really looking forward to going but unless my exams happen to all be early, I won't be able to come, if it were a week or two later I'd be in like sin because school would be over. April 21 - 22 is smack in the middle of my final exams, I don't think I stand a chance of being able to come, especially coming all the way from Winnipeg :(

My safest bet not knowing my exam schedule would be the first weekend in May, that way I know for sure that I don't have a chance of having an exam...last possible day for an exam is April 30th

Earthworm
11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Uh-oh, you want them to break tradition??? :D

svxfiles
11-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Uh-oh, you want them to break tradition??? :D
Better yet, lets have it run ALL of April!!
One weekend is too short anyway!

Man! That would be A LOT of Asti!!!:eek: :eek: :cool:

TomsSVX
11-07-2006, 09:03 AM
hahaha... Who wouldn't want Reading to directly follow tax day??:D

Tom

subeman90
11-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Cool...I didn't even know the list was started...

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
13. My92SVX
16. Mr Hoots (David)
17. boxer6 (Nick)
18. Subbyru89
19. Hocrest
20. It's Just Eric
21. subeman90

green_eyed_lady
01-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Bump - just to keep the dates easy to find. Unless someone wants to "sticky" this thread?

ensteele
01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Bump - just to keep the dates easy to find. Unless someone wants to "sticky" this thread?

It is "sticky" now. :)

Tiamat-red
01-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Wish I could go since I'm FROM Penna, but my wife/co-pilot says she just HAS to go to a concert that weekend in Albany.
And I know if I went by myself I'd end up buying another car with no way of getting it home. :eek:

AlcyoneDaze
01-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Is it common practice for people to sell their cars at the meet?

svxfiles
01-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Is it common practice for people to sell their cars at the meet?
It hardly ever happens, unless it was set up ahead of time.

We go to the meets because we are SVX junkies/fans/enthusiasts!
And to see our similarly affected friends.

Aredubjay
01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
We go to the meets because we are SVX junkies/fans/enthusitasts! And to see our similarly affected friends.

This is the PERFECT explanation of an SVX meet. I need this quotation on a T-SHIRT! :D

newsvx
02-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Just made reservations - good to go! :D :D

They still have rooms left!! March 20th cutoff is getting closer!!

Harry

ensteele
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
I have my room as of last week. :)

RSVX
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
I am not totally clear here what are the dates?

newsvx
02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I have my room as of last week. :)

Earl,
It will great to finally meet you!!!

RSVX, the Reading VIII dates are Apr 20 (Fri) - 22 (Sunday).

Just to lay it out again, the meet will be at the Morgantown, PA Holiday Inn. The phone number is (610) 286-3000. Cost for rooms are $79.92 (includes tax).

Hope to see you there!!

Harry

svxfiles
02-07-2007, 07:59 PM

The dining room will again be open for lunch on Saturday as it was last year.

There are two other groups starting to book for that weekend. One is taking about 50 rooms and the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) is taking about 30. They will be here for events at the Maple Grove Raceway (more motorheads... woohoo!)

MMmmmmmmmm, Reading!:D

ensteele
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Earl,
It will great to finally meet you!!!

RSVX, the Reading VIII dates are Apr 20 (Fri) - 22 (Sunday).

Just to lay it out again, the meet will be at the Morgantown, PA Holiday Inn. The phone number is (610) 286-3000. Cost for rooms are $79.92 (includes tax).

Hope to see you there!!

Harry

Harry

I did meet you at the 10th anniversary meet. :) The mind is the first thing to go. I don't remember what the second thing is though. :o :o

ensteele
02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I hope I can still afford to come after my purchase in the next day or so. :rolleyes: :eek: :o :o

TomsSVX
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
I hope I can still afford to come after my purchase in the next day or so. :rolleyes: :eek: :o :o

and what might that purchase be??:)

BTW... do you know where you are flying into yet??

Tom

ensteele
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I am getting the flight figured out now. It looks like Philly like you reccomended. The times are what I am trying to get right now. They seem to have a flight that comes in pretty late even though I leave very early. :confused: :confused: I may have to leave Thurs nite to get there early enough on Friday. :o

ensteele
02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
and what might that purchase be??:)

Tom

It rhymes with SVX. :) :) And the color is a type of precious metal. :D :D

newsvx
02-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Harry

The mind is the first thing to go. I don't remember what the second thing is though. :o :o

Actually, Earl, the mind is the SECOND thing to go, and I don't remember the FIRST!!! :D :D :(

Harry
PS: Now will you be picking up #13 on the trip to Reading?????:eek: :cool:

ensteele
02-07-2007, 10:25 PM
No, but will be driving one while I am there - I think. :)

Now, what were you talking about before? :rolleyes: :o :o

Aredubjay
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
They seem to have a flight that comes in pretty late even though I leave very early. :confused: :confused: :o

Remember, you're going through all three time zones. Touch-down time is LOCAL TIME. You'll pick up those hours on your return trip. :D

ensteele
02-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Aredub

Which toes are you counting on to figure that out? :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D

The flight get in there at 7:00 pm (Philly). That is not early enough. :o

I will keep checking on airlines and flights. :rolleyes: :)

Aredubjay
02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Aredub

Which toes are you counting on to figure that out? :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D

The flight get in there at 7:00 pm (Philly). That is not early enough. :o

I will keep checking on airlines and flights. :rolleyes: :)

Hey, you makin' fun of me? You know my countin's not been too good since the lawn mower accident. :p :D

Hocrest
02-08-2007, 12:18 AM
It rhymes with SVX. :) :) And the color is a type of precious metal. :D :D
:eek:

Are you gonna get a job on a rural mail route to make proper use of it :eek: :eek: :D

TomsSVX
02-08-2007, 06:19 AM
rsx?? NSX? TSX?? are you going honda on us Earl??

Tom

sjlwel
02-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Why aren't Ron and Randy on the list of attendees? Weren't they invited?

green_eyed_lady
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Why aren't Ron and Randy on the list of attendees? Weren't they invited?
Sign up thread has been moved here (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36666).
Ron and aredub are #s 30 & 31, respectively.

sjlwel
02-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Thank you, Diana. No wonder I need a GPS when I drive.

MPtyza
03-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Just to let everyone know, I just got off the phone from making my reservation, and there are still some rooms available. In case anyone was wondering :)

Matthewmongan
03-08-2007, 07:46 PM
i cant seem to find the phone number......

MPtyza
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
(610) 286-3000. and you'll want to ask for 'In House Reservations'

paladinwkh
03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
No pictures of the SVX yet, but I just wanted to say that I am new and I would love to meet a few SVX owners. I made my Hotel reservation tonight.

-Will

92 Teal SVX 133K
03 Legacy LSE 154K
06 HHR (What was I thinking) 10K

Hocrest
03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
No pictures of the SVX yet, but I just wanted to say that I am new and I would love to meet a few SVX owners. I made my Hotel reservation tonight.

-Will

Wow, you already have 150k on your Legacy?? I only have 260 on my 97...
Glad you are going to make it down for the meet.

John, can you go back and edit the first post here to clarify the dates??

paladinwkh
03-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Yep, Im proud of her. The legacy has been great so far. It does need a tranny (The 5sp did like not having an oil changed since 30K). That tranny will be rebuilt and somehow put in the SVX (I have an awesome machine shop buddy). I already have a new one for the legacy.

subeman90
03-13-2007, 07:24 PM

-Will

92 Teal SVX 133K
03 Legacy LSE 154K
06 HHR (What was I thinking) 10K

the HHR comment makes me laugh :D

svxcess
03-14-2007, 09:05 AM
It is less than 6 days until any rooms in the block reserved for us is dropped.

Reservations made after TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2007 at 4:00pm may not be available at all, or at the group rate. (We don't want any more Kelli's this year)

DO IT TODAY!!

JaySVX
03-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Signed up and confirmed in the hotel for 2 nights. 2 queen beds, nice.

svxcess
03-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Tuesday, March 20th. 12:20am

THIS IS THE LAST DAY to secure your room for Reading 8.

Any rooms not picked up by by 4:00pm today will be returned to the general hotel availability
and the discounted price will no longer be offered.

By this evening, the price for these rooms will increase to $139.00/ NIGHT, plus 11% tax, for a total of $155.35/NIGHT.

I originally reserved a total 80 nights (40 rooms for Friday night and 40 rooms for Saturday night)
As of this afternoon, there are still 15 twin queens rooms and 4 King Suites left.

If you haven't reserved your room, DO IT NOW! Its a savings of almost $100.00.

svxcess
03-20-2007, 09:29 AM
For all of those procrastinating individuals who still haven't confirmed your room at the hotel, I have sad news...

The remainder of the rooms
reserved for Reading 8 have been dropped

Per our contract, all unreserved rooms have now been returned to the general hotel availability. The rooms are now $139.00/night and there is no guarantee that if they are available, that they will be in the same blocked area as the Network rooms.

Maybe there are some of you who don't mind spending over $150.00/night for a room, but if you had registered early you could have donated the other $75.00 to the Network :eek:

ensteele
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
And we know there are some of you out there that this applies to. :( :( :(

SVXRide
03-21-2007, 09:20 AM
FYI,
I just got off the phone with the Morgan Town HI (11:20 am on 3/21) and all the rooms they blocked off at the "special" rate are taken:mad: (yeah, I should have checked the thread for the change from 3/21 to 3/20 for the cut off...)I got one at the government rate, which saves you $20.
-Bill

Mike621
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
boo I forgot :(

AlcyoneDaze
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
f*ck me... anybody ever slept in their SVX at this meet? or is it discouraged

green_eyed_lady
03-23-2007, 03:05 PM
f*ck me... anybody ever slept in their SVX at this meet? or is it discouraged
I don't know that anyone has, or hasn't, slept in their car, but it's not real warm in mid-April. Some of us will be up partying most of the night, anyway. So if you want to crash in your car, go for it. I've slept in worse places. It is, after all, a Holiday Inn. ;)

There are other motels in the area, but if you don't want to drive, even 10 miles is too far. Try kayak.com.

ensteele
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Gee Di, I have never slept in a kayak before. :eek: I guess I am glad that I have a room. :D :D

AlcyoneDaze
03-26-2007, 11:16 AM
cool. my SVX will be my hotel room. come on over :)

TomsSVX
03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
people have slept in their cars before but we don't suggest you make a scene out of it and try and keep the hotel from realizing that you are thats all:)

Tom

LetItSnow
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll be up the block in the Econo Lodge or something for the same price that I would have paid in the group rate if I hadn't shown up late for the party. :(

EDIT: I heard that the Econo Lodge is bad scene, so I'm picking up a room at the Holiday Inn.

green_eyed_lady
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll be up the block in the Econo Lodge or something for the same price that I would have paid in the group rate if I hadn't shown up late for the party. :(
Reading has several taxi services if you can't find anyone *sober* enough to drive you there. :rolleyes:

SVXBart
03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Is any one takeing theirs kids or grand kids?I'm wondering if my 7 years old son Hubert will have friends to play with?

TomsSVX
03-27-2007, 12:59 AM
old tom will be there... he's got a 7 year old mind-set... they will get along great!!!:D :D :D :p :p :p

Tom

svxfiles
03-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Tiny Tom, you're just a poopyhead with cooties!:mad: :eek:

:)

ensteele
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
OK you guys - break it up - you both are acting like a couple of 7 year olds! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D :D

svxfiles
03-28-2007, 04:25 AM
OK you guys - break it up - you both are acting like a couple of 7 year olds! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D :D
He started it!:mad:

:D

TomsSVX
03-28-2007, 10:44 AM
He started it!:mad:

:D

No HE started it!!!! Jimmy told me he said something about my mother:eek: :D :p

Tom

svxcess
03-28-2007, 09:03 PM
No HE started it!!!! Jimmy told me he said something about my mother:eek: :D :p

Tom

Something like what Cartman said about Kyle's mom in South Park HERE (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/44178/south_park_cartman_kyles_mom_is_a_*****/)
Caution is advised