PDA

View Full Version : parting out a claret 92 SVX

prolariot
04-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey, hate to do it, but I am parting out my 92 SVX.

My car was hit in the driver side quarter panel, right behind the drivers door. Both pieces of rear glass are broken and the quarter panel pushed in so the insurance company is totaling the car.

the car runs great, never had any tranny issues, just replaced the radiator 500 miles ago with a new factory radiator. 129k miles. Parts are starting to go up on EBAY, but if you are looking for something in particular just let me know and make an offer.

thanks.

email address is prolariot@sbcglobal.net

Earthworm
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Sad to hear of your loss. :(

I'm still trying to find someone willing to cut out the entire radiator support so we can finally fix my dad's SVX.

SVXgarcia
04-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Check your email

SVXMAN2001
04-15-2006, 09:16 PM
how is the driver's side fender and front bumper?

-JJ-
04-16-2006, 02:31 AM
email sent regarding rear light bar

Manarius
04-16-2006, 06:55 AM
How about a right front turn signal assembly?

greg donovan
04-17-2006, 09:56 AM
How about a right front turn signal assembly?

Manarius was asking for me.

i also started a thread asking for some other stuff too.

-JJ-
04-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Had some more ideas on stuff i need, another email sent ;)

McVeigh
04-19-2006, 03:31 PM
pm sent. thanks

G-Rex
05-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I need a power steering pump. Still have one for sale?

madj80
05-08-2006, 03:13 PM
How much for the radiator and how are the rotors?

Numbnuts
05-11-2006, 06:47 AM
How about the headlight connectors, Ive got hold of some headlights but the connectors and any clips that hold the bulbs in place are different on JAE models,I also need any waterproof shrouds that cover the bulbs.I'm converting my svx to drive on the right hand side because of moving to Gibraltar.

svxistentialist
05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
How about the headlight connectors, Ive got hold of some headlights but the connectors and any clips that hold the bulbs in place are different on JAE models,I'm converting my svx to drive on the right hand side because of moving to Gibraltar.

Numbnuts, you need to be careful on which type of headlights you have sourced.

The Japanese and Euro styles are similar, in that they use the same bulbs.

USA lamps are different in a number of ways, so I would not expect their connectors to work with Euro or JDM lamps.

One difference, Americans use different bulbs called 2005s or 5002s or something. So the plug ins are different.

Another difference, Euro and JDM lamps have the "parking light" in the headlight assembly. In the US, this position light or parking light is part of the different corner lamp they have, so the US headlamps have no feed for the parking light that we have. It could be converted, of course, but they are different enough that I would not want to go to the trouble of using them unless I had to.

Just FYI, better not to find out afterwards.

Joe:)

Numbnuts
05-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Numbnuts, you need to be careful on which type of headlights you have sourced.

The Japanese and Euro styles are similar, in that they use the same bulbs.

USA lamps are different in a number of ways, so I would not expect their connectors to work with Euro or JDM lamps.

One difference, Americans use different bulbs called 2005s or 5002s or something. So the plug ins are different.

Another difference, Euro and JDM lamps have the "parking light" in the headlight assembly. In the US, this position light or parking light is part of the different corner lamp they have, so the US headlamps have no feed for the parking light that we have. It could be converted, of course, but they are different enough that I would not want to go to the trouble of using them unless I had to.

Just FYI, better not to find out afterwards.

Joe:)
Yes I'm finding this out,I got the lights from Seraph in the states so need US connectors, I suppose i was asking too much for them to have same bits as the Uk and JDM, As for the sidelights I'm gonna have to sort something out,I completely forgot about their strange sidelight idea, Fancy having indicator's that stay on all the time DER!!!