PDA

View Full Version : For sale: 4 custom painted OE rims

pinstripeSVX
04-11-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm selling 4 rims with tires (Toyo Proxes 4- at least 80% tread left) that I had refinished and custom painted last year. They still look brand new. The colour is basically charcoal, with some fine green metal flake that I had mixed in. It looks great on a teal SVX, which is what I have, but would also look really good on the silver, and maybe the white. I wouldn't recommend it for the blue or red ones, the purple, I'm not sure. Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When they're not in direct light, they look almost black. I'm looking for $400 + shipping. They would ship from 12919, I'm actually in Canada, but I would drive down and ship them from in the States. Before I put them on ebay, I thought I'd like to find an SVX owner who'd appreciate them. I can't get to my computer all that often, so please be patient if it takes me a day to reply. I have more pictures, close-ups of the colour as best as I could get, and the tires, that I could email you if you're interested. Thanks.

pinstripeSVX
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Ok, I'm putting them up on ebay. Just curious as to why no one even commented on them, let alone make an offer. The black chrome OE wheels that were shown here a while back seemed to generate some interest, and I find those pretty gaudy. These are rather more subtle, and they have matching centercaps!

ensteele
04-19-2006, 09:56 PM
They are much too dark for my taste. The others are too as far as that goes. :)

It's Just Eric
04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Hmm...Nobody has 400 dollars. The wheels may not be too great looking, but the tires kindof seal the deal.
Id offer 300 if I had it..but I dont, so I didnt
Hopefully they go to a good home on ebay:)

Electrophil
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
No contrast between the wheel and tire. They just kind of blur together. Just a personal opinion.

michael
04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
I think if you use different pics your sale might go better. Try using some Armor-all and if you could show them on an SVX, someone will snatch them up. I think the dry rubber is too close in color to the wheel and it makes the tires look tall and bland like a donut. Good Luck with the sale they are just a little too dark for me.

pinstripeSVX
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I guess I forgot about that stuff, does make the tire look alot blacker in contrast to the rim. As for dark rims, I have black ones on now, and I think they, and the car, look pretty damn good together. Let's see if I can attach a picture of that. Thanks for the opinions. Strangely, I can't seem to find a picture of the car with the painted rims on. I guess I shoud take at least one before I sell them!

svxistentialist
05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Well, you're not scared to use paint, that's for sure.

:rolleyes: :D