PDA

View Full Version : Any news on OBDII?

Bwana
04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
<Refer to title>

Chiketkd
04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I hate to say it...but pull up a chair. ;)

shelfy
04-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I hate to say it...but pull up a chair. ;)i think i should bump the old thread and remove you and landmule and put myself first on teh list. :)

Chiketkd
04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
i think i should bump the old thread and remove you and landmule and put myself first on teh list. :)
You probably should! ;)

svxfreq
04-23-2006, 03:47 PM
I believe I just started a thread on this subject about three weeks ago too, and all I ever get is NO, or Good F***in Luck.

Landshark
04-23-2006, 11:13 PM
I believe I just started a thread on this subject about three weeks ago too, and all I ever get is NO, or Good F***in Luck.

i started a thread back when Chike and i still had SVX's. http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Landshark/24960.gif

longassname
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I actually have the technology to pull and write software from the obdII ecu. There's no money in releasing end user tuning software for the obdII svx so if I did so it would be construed as a sign that we are coming after the obdII imprezas and we have decided to go after all the obdI subarus instead. I want to be clear that we are not coming after the obdII impreza market and not send any false signals that we are. We intend to fill the unserviced obdI subaru niche exclusively.

Allthough I don't want to package it up to send to end users I could use it here to do obdII svx ecu's and have you send them into me to be flashed. I may well do that this summer when I get a break from collecting software off of obdI ecus or if I find myself travelig the country in search of obdI subarus if you meet me where I'm at I can flash your ecu there.

Bwana
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Let me know if you're in the Chicago or Milwaukee area ever. :D

alltrac
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
I actually have the technology to pull and write software from the obdII ecu. There's no money in releasing end user tuning software for the obdII svx so if I did so it would be construed as a sign that we are coming after the obdII imprezas and we have decided to go after all the obdI subarus instead. I want to be clear that we are not coming after the obdII impreza market and not send any false signals that we are. We intend to fill the unserviced obdI subaru niche exclusively.

Allthough I don't want to package it up to send to end users I could use it here to do obdII svx ecu's and have you send them into me to be flashed. I may well do that this summer when I get a break from collecting software off of obdI ecus or if I find myself travelig the country in search of obdI subarus if you meet me where I'm at I can flash your ecu there.

from 3-30-04
The chip for the OBDI ECU's may or may not work on the OBDII ECU's. After I finish stage I and II I'll order a 97 ecu to check. The changes I'm making are definitely transferable to the 96 and 97 years it's just a question of whether they are stored at the same addresses in memory. If they are stored in the same addresses in memory then the chips I'm making now will work if plugged into a OBDII ECU (96 &97) but you will loose the OBDII functionality (on board diagnostic 2). If they are stored at different addresses in memory then I'll have to transfer the same changes to the different addresses for the OBDII cars.

Either way, after we make some of our money back I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.

from 6-15-04
Ya, if all 7 are confirmed and commited to purchasing then I'll make it. Just waiting on the ecu now.

from 6-29-04
I got the ecu from alltrac. Oh boy, not what I expected. Looks more like the current ecu's than the obdI ecu. There's no rom socket so forget about using our memory adaptor. The memory should be flashable though. So there is good news and bad news. The solution for your obdII cars will be very cool. The bad news is it isn't something I can do in a week like if the ecu was socketed. Just hold tight for now. I'm going to keep quiet on this one till I'm closer to done. That includes the timeline for now.

Needless to say you ended up shipping the ecu back to me. I went out on a limb to buy a spare ecu to make this happen and it never did, never will. I would have kept my 96SVX if I thought for one second you would. Oh well at least I got the ball rolling on the Pheno's and a company (Outlaw) actually followed through with making it. Also if i'm not mistaken you use the pheno's in your kit but nowhere did I ever see you name on the sign up list glad I could help.

Phast SVX
04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
from 3-30-04

from 6-15-04

from 6-29-04

Needless to say you ended up shipping the ecu back to me. I went out on a limb to buy a spare ecu to make this happen and it never did, never will. I would have kept my 96SVX if I thought for one second you would. Oh well at least I got the ball rolling on the Pheno's and a company (Outlaw) actually followed through with making it. Also if i'm not mistaken you use the pheno's in your kit but nowhere did I ever see you name on the sign up list glad I could help.

Would you like a tissue for your issue? There is nothing worse then a grown man looking for attention.
phil

longassname
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Geezus man, no need to be hostile. That's just not the direction my business is going.

alltrac
04-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Would you like a tissue for your issue? There is nothing worse then a grown man looking for attention.
phil

whatever, I guess your the man that knows what i'm looking for?

alltrac
04-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Geezus man, no need to be hostile. That's just not the direction my business is going.

Fine by me just dont say you can do it in house when you have no intention on doing so. Your words below not mine.
I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.
strike one it did not go down like that I sent you the ECU. We started a sign up list you said
Ya, if all 7 are confirmed and commited to purchasing then I'll make it. Just waiting on the ecu now.
The ECU came back strike two.

Do you see what i'm trying to get across? I see no intent. If people would search OBDII ECUTune these new threads would not get started. It's the same old news.

longassname
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't need you to quote me what I've said and I'm sorry you are upset that I'm not releasing end user software. I don't lie. I don't misslead. I don't say half truths. I don't need you to use quotes to try to build a case that I am doing anything like that. If you are reading that out of the situation then you are simply missreading the situation due to your anger. I used to have the intention of releasing end user software for major market obdII cars and was going to release it for the svx as well. My business is going a different direction now and I'm not going to do that.

That said I do have the technology necessary to read and write the obdII ecu. I'm still planning on getting one myself. To make it clear I am not promissing I will take the time to do anyone's obdII svx but I might.

Fine by me just dont say you can do it in house when you have no intention on doing so. Your words below not mine.

strike one it did not go down like that I sent you the ECU. We started a sign up list you said

The ECU came back strike two.

Do you see what i'm trying to get across? I see no intent. If people would search OBDII ECUTune these new threads would not get started. It's the same old news.

alltrac
04-24-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't need you to quote me what I've said and I'm sorry you are upset that I'm not releasing end user software. I don't lie. I don't misslead. I don't say half truths. I don't need you to use quotes to try to build a case that I am doing anything like that. If you are reading that out of the situation then you are simply missreading the situation due to your anger. I used to have the intention of releasing end user software for major market obdII cars and was going to release it for the svx as well. My business is going a different direction now and I'm not going to do that.

That said I do have the technology necessary to read and write the obdII ecu. I'm still planning on getting one myself. To make it clear I am not promissing I will take the time to do anyone's obdII svx but I might.

What have I missread? everything I quoted are your words peroid. Maybe you worded your words wrong. thats why I quoted your post and there seems to be some contradictions of what was typed by YOU and what was actually done. We use words to convey are thoughts and ideas. Yet you say i'm "angry and upset" where did I type that???? Please show me. If you can't then your assumptions of my feeling are just that. I get the feeling there is a language barrier here.

longassname
04-24-2006, 11:02 PM
I think I worded my words correctly........ I said if the obdII ecu was compatabile with our memory adaptor I would pull the software off an obdII processor and load it with our modifications onto our memory adaptor. You sent me the ECU and as I explained that wasn't the case. There is no socket, the ecu needs to be flashed. I can communicate with the ecu and flash it but there is no way I'm going to spend the time and resources to release an end user product to do so when we aren't releasing it for a major market application.

what do you want from me and why are you giving me a hard time?

What have I missread? everything I quoted are your words peroid. Maybe you worded your words wrong. thats why I quoted your post and there seems to be some contradictions of what was typed by YOU and what was actually done. We use words to convey are thoughts and ideas. Yet you say i'm "angry and upset" where did I type that???? Please show me. If you can't then your assumptions of my feeling are just that. I get the feeling there is a language barrier here.

alltrac
04-24-2006, 11:15 PM
what do you want from me and why are you giving me a hard time?
One hundred billion dollars

Bwana
08-30-2006, 11:01 PM
When are you making a tour of the country to reflash all of our ECU's?

longassname
08-31-2006, 11:56 AM
The tour would be part of other stuff I want to do like a dyno meet in corn country, visiting relatives in california, and going snow boarding. Look for me talking about that stuff and then you'll know it's about time to bring it up. I haven't made plans yet but am definitely hoping to get it done some time during snow boarding season.

shelfy
08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
where better to board than colorado! :D