PDA

View Full Version : No rooms left at the Holiday inn

svxbklyn
04-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I waited too long, and the HI allowed dogs, which would make going away for the weekend easier. Alan

Speedklix
04-05-2006, 10:23 PM
If i decide last minute to go, I'll just sleep in the car :D

I might be able to take off down there for a few days, the girl has a friend visiting for the week end, and I have fri-tue off... hmm.

Would anyone be offended if I show up with an ugly svx... some bondo and in need of paint.
What if I came in the legacy??? I really want to see that Stage III, but I'm embarrassed by the state of my SVX. I've been focusing on my other project cars the past year or so, and just now turning on the SVX and the legacy is going to be a fall project.

sorry about the highjack. Maybe some of us can camp out or something? There must be another affordable and dog friendly hotel near by

Hocrest
04-05-2006, 10:31 PM
There must be another affordable and dog of a hotel near by
Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=category:+Motels+%26+Hotels&near=Morgantown,+PA)

A is where the meet is, C, G, and E are close by and probably cheap. Hope you're not expecting anything 4 star...

It's Just Eric
04-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I waited too long, and the HI allowed dogs, which would make going away for the weekend easier.
....and theres no beaches either ;) :D

Hmmm...I think I have a freiend I can room with, but if not, Hell, ill make my OWN holiday inn (Tent)
If construction is finished by reading, Ill only charge $3.71¼ per night
♂'s free. . . .Waitasec,was it ♀ or ♂ for teh ladiez?

SHISVX
04-06-2006, 06:23 AM
there is one room left...i got one of the two as of 4-6-06 at 8:23 am
(a queen nonsmoker)
Kelli

ensteele
04-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi Kelli - have fun at the meet. :) :)

shelfy
04-06-2006, 09:25 AM
there is no room at the inn. :(

svxbklyn
04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
there is no room at the inn. :(

after reading the thread, I called HI at 430pm and got a room,
and I'm bringing my dog. (not the bounty hunter:D )

shelfy
04-06-2006, 03:22 PM
kinda late for teh baby jesus. :(

svxcess
04-07-2006, 12:18 AM
The 35 rooms that were in the individual block may be gone, but there may still be rooms available.

Here is part of the contract I signed with the Morgantown Holiday Inn:

Remember is that the cutoff date for reservations for these rooms is Friday, March 24, 2006. After that, any rooms in the original reserved block will returned to the main hotel availability and any reservations made after that date will be provided on a space available basis, with no guarantee of the preferred rate.

So rooms may be available, either at a higher rate, or somewhere else in the hotel outside of the original block.

Try talking to Tia Jones, Group Sales Coordinator or Michael Turner, General Manager. Both of these people are eager to please us and are very easy to talk to. Explain the situation and see what happens.

Green1995SVX
04-07-2006, 07:38 PM
(a queen nonsmoker)

lol. 56789ten

rvnmaniac
04-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Anyone know anything about the Red Carpet Inn, wouldn't want to have to be killing roaches half the night:

Red Carpet Inn Suites Reading
3736 Main Street
Morgantown, PA 19543
Local Phone: (610) 286-5061
Web Site: www.bookroomsnow.com

svxcess
04-10-2006, 02:38 PM
The 35 rooms that were in the individual block may be gone, but there may still be rooms available.

I just confirmed with HI management that ALL of the rooms in our original block have been picked up, with none going back into the hotel.

As of now, there are only 9 rooms left in the entire hotel for those two nights. Unfortunately, they are all king suites and go for $129.95/night, plus tax.

Personal thoughts:

These rooms have been available for 4 1/2 months, since I signed the contract at the end of November of last year. I don't know why members who KNOW they are going to Reading don't sign up earlier. Even those who MIGHT go to Reading should sign up early as well. Waiting intil the last minute results in problems like these.

The hotel only uses your credit card to reserve your room. Nothing is charged on it until after you check out, so I don't know why most dont go this route. Even if you can't attend at the last minute, you can cancel without penalty. Waiting until you are absolutely certain you are going is a gamble, with you losing

Doing it this way, if the rooms in the requested block become filled early enough, we have the option of adding rooms to the block before it is too late.

The solution is not to add more rooms to next years block. Using the current mindset, people would still hesitate past the reservation cutoff and the remaining rooms would be returned to the hotel availability. The solution is to commit early and change your mind if you have to. That way, your room is still available for someone else if you can't attend.

I have been handling the hotel contracts since Reading III. It has been this way since I first started.

In the future, I would like to see all of our rooms reserved within 30 days of signing the contract. This benefits everyone. You will be assured a room, your credit card won't be charged until after Reading is over (or you cancel), and the opportunity to add additional rooms if needed is greater the earlier we run out

TomsSVX
04-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Hey, I reserved mine a Loooooooong time ago. But somehow I reserved two rooms:confused: :D Glad that I didn't get stuck with that bill:eek:

Hey did you get that thing I sent you?? :)

Tom

rvnmaniac
04-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Anyone know anything about the Red Carpet Inn, wouldn't want to have to be killing roaches half the night:

3736 Main Street
Morgantown, PA 19543

Hocrest
04-10-2006, 10:15 PM

3736 Main Street
Morgantown, PA 19543

I'll ask my family if they've heard anything about there or the Econo Lodge.