PDA

View Full Version : MUST SAVE THIS 1993!!!!! 97K miles

sicksubie
04-03-2006, 02:42 PM
There is a guy who wants to part out his 1993 SVX with 97k miles. He blew his tranny and doesn't want to fix it. He said that it is in great shape exterior wise and interior wise. I found this cuz he listed the motor on ebay and mentioned that he was going to start parting out the car. I asked him to wait until I could see if there was someone who wanted the whole car. He wants 1700.- firm for it. Please somebody prevent us from losing another 1993. I would get it, but I just bought a 1992 LS-L and two SVX's is pushing it while I'm in college. So there is no way a third one is possible. PM me if you want the seller's info.

PatrickB
04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
There is a guy who wants to part out his 1993 SVX with 97k miles. He blew his tranny and doesn't want to fix it. He said that it is in great shape exterior wise and interior wise. I found this cuz he listed the motor on ebay and mentioned that he was going to start parting out the car. I asked him to wait until I could see if there was someone who wanted the whole car. He wants 1700.- firm for it. Please somebody prevent us from losing another 1993. I would get it, but I just bought a 1992 LS-L and two SVX's is pushing it while I'm in college. So there is no way a third one is possible. PM me if you want the seller's info.
where is the car located and pics? or a link etc

sicksubie
04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
The car is in PA (checking on what town) and let me get back to you tonight on the pics. I will email him and see if he can send me any. If he can I will try to post them immediately.

sicksubie
04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
P.S. how do you include pics in the actual post???

Manarius
04-03-2006, 03:52 PM
P.S. how do you include pics in the actual post???
Attach them or use the image tag. Do this:

url

Or attach.

Earthworm
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I know Earl must be drooling about this one. Maybe Larry would like to keep this one on the eastern half of the US?

AppStateSVX
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
hey, I will DEF. buy this, but I might need some help gettting it down to Asheville. If anyone can help tow it down here, or something of that nature, I will pay for their gas.

Mike621
04-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I may be of some help. PM sent.

AppStateSVX
04-03-2006, 08:46 PM
well, I wonder if we can't tow it all the way here, if we could tow it somewhere and swap a 4.44 in it? then I could just drive it back to AVL....might be a little more pricey of an option, but with some help in planning to keep costs down, possible

ensteele
04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Droooooooooooool. :rolleyes: :) :) I saw that and know that it is too far away for me to do something about it. I hope you guys can rescue this one. :) :)

AppStateSVX
04-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Droooooooooooool. :rolleyes: :) :) I saw that and know that it is too far away for me to do something about it. I hope you guys can rescue this one. :) :)

me too, i really hope that with some help, i can save it. I don't need monetary support (though i wouldn't deny any offers....:) ) but all I really need help with is getting it down here. Anyone wanna help host the car while getting a 4.44 swap? or any good ideas?

sicksubie
04-03-2006, 11:18 PM
No pics yet, but I replied to the two PM's that I received. I will update ya'll shortly. I wish I wasn't in skool still. Darn coledge is overrated anyways and it prevents me frum having cash-money to buy stuff like this.

It's Just Eric
04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Road trip. Whatever mike helps to offer Ill be with him. Gimme a day or two notice so I can get off work.
Need a place to park it / store it, my yard is big. Im also close enough for either AvPPoW or Tom'sSVX (Listed in their perspective distances from my house) to get the tranny done.

AppStateSVX
04-04-2006, 12:06 AM
allrighty, where is the car located? I guess I need some more info before I can say for sure if I'm going to go through with it or not. I really want to save this SVX, so hopefully things will work out.....

sicksubie
04-04-2006, 08:35 AM
The car is in Huntington Valley, Pennsylvania. I emailed him last night to get more info, but haven't gotten an answer. I'm going to class now, but I will check in before I leave for work to see if he responded.

green_eyed_lady
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM
The car is in Huntington Valley, Pennsylvania.

That's close enough for me. Put me on the waiting list, as well. I'd be willing to give up my silver's parking spot for a '93. (And I'm SURE we could find SOMEONE who could put a new tranny in it, right Sweetie (svxfiles)? :D

svxfiles
04-04-2006, 09:42 AM
That's close enough for me. Put me on the waiting list, as well. I'd be willing to give up my silver's parking spot for a '93. (And I'm SURE we could find SOMEONE who could put a new tranny in it, right Sweetie (svxfiles)? :D
As you wish.;)

ensteele
04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
How about for me Sweetie? :D :D :D :D

Mike621
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32482

For appstate, this might be of some help.

AppStateSVX
04-04-2006, 10:46 AM

I guess it would make things a lot easier for you to save this SVX then. therefore, I guess I will let you have dibs on it.

svxfiles
04-04-2006, 10:48 AM
How about for me Sweetie? :D :D :D :D
:eek: Earl, if YOU greet me at the front door, with a glass of asti in your hand, and nothing on but a smile:eek: :eek: you will understand if I have to kill you.:o

Sorry.

SVXRide
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Tom,
Let me know if you're looking for investors for the '93....don't you have a rebuilt stock trans sitting around your place??:rolleyes: :D
-Bill

svxfiles
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Tom,
Let me know if theres anything I can do for the '93....don't you have a rebuilt stock trans sitting around your place??:rolleyes: :D Hey, how about I trade you that trans for a couple of exhaust manifolds, and a fuel rail?:D And while i'm at it, i'll paypal you $1700 for shipping!:D
-Bill
WOW, Bill you are the Man!!!:D

SVXRide
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
WOW, Bill you are the Man!!!:D

LOTTO!:eek: :cool: :p
-Bill (wishing he actually had hit the LOTTO...)

MoodyBlue
04-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi, I'm a PA resident VERY interested in more information. Please email me as soon as possible send_it@echoes.net THANKS

AppStateSVX
04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
well, if it's possible for me to be able to save this SVX, i'm all for it, but if someone closer wants dibs, they can have it. Geeezzzz....this thing sounds like a really good deal though. How much do you guys think it would run me to get it trailered and have the tranny swapped? I need to get a number so that I can go crunch some.....:D

green_eyed_lady
04-04-2006, 03:07 PM
We're all still waiting for more info on the car. As soon as we get it, is there anyone close to there who can go look at it? I have not had the best of experiences in buying cars sight unseen.

The questions I have are:
How badly is the tranny "blown"? Does the car move at all? Any other mechanical issues? Condition of the exterior & interior? I trust the opinions of most of the guys on here, they all should know what to look and listen for.

I'm willing to give it a little leeway just because it's a '93, but if it's a POS, I'm not going to waste my time (or money) fixing it up. I'll have to defer to other members who have more time and/or money or want it more than I do. After all, we have a few already. (Just none in red, or, more specifically, '93's). :rolleyes:

ensteele
04-04-2006, 11:02 PM
:eek: Earl, if YOU greet me at the front door, with a glass of asti in your hand, and nothing on but a smile:eek: :eek: you will understand if I have to kill you.:o

Sorry.

You will not have to worry about me doing that. :p :p :p

svxfiles
04-05-2006, 07:07 AM
You will not have to worry about me doing that. :p :p :p
it was a scarey thought!:eek:
j/k:D

sicksubie
04-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Nothing yet

ensteele
04-05-2006, 06:48 PM
it was a scarey thought!:eek:
j/k:D

:D :D :D :D

sicksubie
04-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I believe this car may have flat-lined. I think that due to the seller not replying that he may have already started the process of organ transplanting. At this point the only thing would be to buy all his parts and reassemble:o . If I hear anything from him though I will let the people that PM'd me know.

ensteele
04-06-2006, 09:01 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(

green_eyed_lady
04-06-2006, 09:16 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(
Ditto. And then some.

Mike621
04-06-2006, 11:13 AM
yeah i had asked him about it about three weeks ago and he wanted 2g for it...

its a shame...just parted because of the trans. and I have an extra trans..