PDA

View Full Version : What parts are compatible between SVX and other cars?

floatingkiwi
04-01-2006, 07:13 AM
I thought it might be a nice idea to make a thread to list ANY parts that are common to the SVX and any other car, be it a suby or not. Especially for the engine I guess, but anything would be good. This list would make it much easier to get the parts that are interchangeable, and/or hard to come by in certain countries.

(feeling like a dork)- unfortunately I can't start the list off!! I think this could be a great idea if we can get it going..

1) ........

Matt

Terminal
04-01-2006, 07:38 AM
All those annoying little micro-lights in the switch boxes (fogs, cruise, rear defrost, etc.) can be replaced with lights that Honda uses to light the clocks in their 90's Accords and Civics. This is the bulb and holder assesmbly, not just the (shorter) bulb you can get at RadioShack. Available for $1 and some change at your local Honda dealership.

I know, small thing, but I couldn't find ANYTHING conclusive on a direct replacement in previous searches.

NoName
04-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I thought it might be a nice idea to make a thread to list ANY parts that are common to dogs and any other mammals, be it a suby or not. Especially for the organs I guess, but anything would be good. This list would make it much easier to get the parts that are interchangeable, and/or hard to come by in certain countries.

(feeling like a dork)- unfortunately I can't start the list off!! I think this could be a great idea if we can get it going..

1) ........

-JJ-
04-03-2006, 12:59 AM
why all the ?????????, i think its a great idea, people should post

SVX Part : Alternative Part

and any explanation needed!!
Now just for some responses

NikFu S.
04-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Engine fan assembly comes from Nissan Altima.
Brake pads, maybe calipers come from Nissan, as well does most of the transmission and various other parts including the rear diff, but there has not been enough research to figure out if much hot swappable or model unique.

floatingkiwi
04-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Part numbers too chaps if possible.
So, we've got:

1) Switch indicator/illumination lights : Honda Clock light from 90's Accords/Civics Part numbers?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima

3) Brake parts - anyone shed more light on this?

4) Dog Brains : ????????

SilverSpear
04-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Part numbers too chaps if possible.
So, we've got:

1) Switch indicator/illumination lights : Honda Clock light from 90's Accords/Civics Part numbers?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year)

4) Dog Brains : ????????

Brakes ^^^^ ;)

black beast
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I always wanted six pot cals in front and four pots in the rear, Is there a car we can steal them from? Or a after market for other cars that will fit us?

spinn360
04-04-2006, 07:13 PM
I think this could take a while. Also I think the pads are from a nissan pathfinder but not sure so ?????????

I also believe that the chiuau, uh chiiwawa..... oh whatever that taco bell dog is called I believe its brain is interchangable with our presidents then at least he would be able to speak albeit in another language.:D

NikFu S.
04-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Chihuahua.
I only know how to spell it because it was the 50th rank in this one Super Scope game for Snes.

spinn360
04-04-2006, 07:45 PM
nik your always fixing my spelling. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....usually I do it for some point all though I know nat

also scotty doesnt know

Manarius
04-04-2006, 08:10 PM
A lot of the parts on the SVXi are similar to the Early 90's Legacies.

SVX-FF
04-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Transmission A-solenoid are compatible with Nissan. :D

Steve

NikFu S.
04-04-2006, 09:55 PM
nik your always fixing my spelling. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....usually I do it for some point all though I know nat
also scotty doesnt know
Oh ok. #char

TomsSVX
04-05-2006, 01:13 AM
'05+ Sti 17" wheels

Tom

floatingkiwi
04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
A lot of the parts on the SVXi are similar to the Ealy 90's Legacies.

Can you elaborate on this?

And further...

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima (What model/year?)

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year) Can anyone elaborate more on this? discs or calipers?

4) Rims : 05+ WRX STi 17" Rims (What sort of rubber fits?)

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan ???

b3lha
04-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Brett told me that the alternator is the same as a Vauxhall/Opel Astra Diesel. He was using one for a while. That's a POS GM car, I think sold under the Saturn brand in the USA.

Phil Hill
04-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Brett told me that the alternator is the same as a Vauxhall/Opel Astra Diesel. He was using one for a while. That's a POS GM car, I think sold under the Saturn brand in the USA.

AFAICR Astra was sold as a Pontiac in the US, but never as a Wiesel........ Would be similar to Daiwoo Nexia anyway, but I digress.......

b3lha
04-05-2006, 05:15 AM
AFAICR Astra was sold as a Pontiac in the US, but never as a Wiesel........ Would be similar to Daiwoo Nexia anyway, but I digress.......

Fair enough. I googled for it and came up with "Saturn Ion".

I also found an indian website describing the opel astra as having "German Engineering", "1.6 litres of raw power", and "0-80 (km/h) in just 9 seconds!". ROTFLMAO :D

Nemesis Destiny
04-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Along with a few other rims:

late model RX-7 16x8
1993-1997 Ford Probe 16x7
late model Nissan 300ZX non-turbo
Nissan Murano 18x7

b3lha
04-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Somebody posted recently that a Porsche 944 oil filter will fit and is in fact better than the proper SVX one. I'm going to try that next time.

msvx95
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I just bought an oil filter yesterday...Fram works....Purolator, ...etc. just go to the auto store....

I'd like to know where I can get the drain plug crush ring instead of having to go to the dealer everytime.

SVX-FF
04-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Can you elaborate on this?

And further...

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year) Can anyone elaborate more on this? discs or calipers?

4) Rims : 05+ WRX STi 17" Rims (What sort of rubber fits?)

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too :eek:

fixed mine.

Steve

Nemesis Destiny
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I'd like to know where I can get the drain plug crush ring instead of having to go to the dealer everytime.Any auto parts store should carry it. The part is the same as the 20mm Honda transmission plug gasket.

Also, the SVX shares its air filter element with some Nissan models. Altima, Maxima, Quest, possibly, though I don't remember to be honest. I can check tomorrow... Fram p/n 4309.

Drewbaru
04-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Somebody posted recently that a Porsche 944 oil filter will fit and is in fact better than the proper SVX one. I'm going to try that next time.
that makes me wonder just how similar a porsche 2.4 liter b6 is to the eg.
anybody done any research.

Nemesis Destiny
04-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing "not very similar at all" since many oil filters will fit cross-platform. It all depends on the mounting plate and spigot size, which come in many common sizes.

The SVX can mount generic filters for several other types of car, including Honda, Mazda, and Nissan.

Other cars can do this as well; there are a lot of commonalities between Ford and Dodge, Dodge and Mitsubishi (even moreso since they share parts sometimes), and so on.

Getting back to the question at hand, the EG33 design is, if I'm not mistaken, loosely based on the EJ22 boxer 4 cylinder used in early 90s Legacy and Impreza models. However, I read somewhere on here (I think) that despite the similarity, the SVX can't take EJ22 internals. Which is unfortunate, since there are lots of parts out there for the EJ22, particularly where adapting it to FI applications is concerned.

Drewbaru
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I meant 3.4, but you are probably correct in that..
gonna look around for pics, still anyway.

Drewbaru
04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm guessing "not very similar at all" since many oil filters will fit cross-platform. It all depends on the mounting plate and spigot size, which come in many common sizes.

The SVX can mount generic filters for several other types of car, including Honda, Mazda, and Nissan.

Other cars can do this as well; there are a lot of commonalities between Ford and Dodge, Dodge and Mitsubishi (even moreso since they share parts sometimes), and so on.

Getting back to the question at hand, the EG33 design is, if I'm not mistaken, loosely based on the EJ22 boxer 4 cylinder used in early 90s Legacy and Impreza models. However, I read somewhere on here (I think) that despite the similarity, the SVX can't take EJ22 internals. Which is unfortunate, since there are lots of parts out there for the EJ22, particularly where adapting it to FI applications is concerned.

I was reading a subaru-only mag at the bookstore today. and there right on the front cover porsche 914 with WRX sti engine swap on the stock 914 transaxle.. I didn't have any cash on me but will pick up the mag later this week. anybody want a 3.6 liter porsche turbo svx?? (yes I know aircooled engine, blah blah blah, lol)

I'm curious why noone has an sti engine yet.. I'm sure it would work.
and the smaller engine might actually emporve handling. and starting at 300 hp with lots of aftermarket couldn't be a bad move, could it? :D

SilverSpear
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
I just bought an oil filter yesterday...Fram works....Purolator, ...etc. just go to the auto store....

I'd like to know where I can get the drain plug crush ring instead of having to go to the dealer everytime.

Hyundai Filter works also, I got one currently on mine ;)

Nemesis Destiny
04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
and the smaller engine might actually emporve handling. and starting at 300 hp with lots of aftermarket couldn't be a bad move, could it? :DSomeone on the boards was actually working on this, or something. I think the project got put on hold though.

SilverSpear
04-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Someone on the boards was actually working on this, or something. I think the project got put on hold though.

I can do that easily, but the only problem is the legal road issues here. They allow you to install a larger engine but never a smaller one...

SilverSpear
04-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Starter and Alternator are both labeled MITSUBISHI ??? :eek:

SSSVX
04-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Any idea? Anyone experiences?

Just wondering if any other AC compressor will be compatible with SVX?

Also ball joint and tie-rods?

Nemesis Destiny
04-08-2006, 12:43 PM

Also ball joint and tie-rods?Haven't had a look at them yet to compare, but don't count on it... :rolleyes:

SilverSpear
04-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Any idea? Anyone experiences?

Also ball joint and tie-rods?

Ball joints are strictly SVX. AC compressor, I think others can be fitted instead...

b3lha
04-08-2006, 05:56 PM
The keys and therefore (presumably) the locks are the same as Datsun. This applies to all Scoobys.

floatingkiwi
04-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Thanks everyone for your great posts - hopefully we'll continue to get all sorts of gems from this discussion!

4) Rims : 05+ WRX STi 17" Rims, late model RX-7 16x8, 1993-1997 Ford Probe16x7, late model Nissan 300ZX non-turbo (rim size?), Nissan Murano 18x7, and see this (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29638) thread

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too

6) Oil Filter : Porsche 944 filter (not really the same part, but porsche-worthy of mention I feel)

7) Oil Drain Plug gasket ring : Honda 20mm drain Plug ring

8) Keys/locks : Datsun?

9) AC compressor : ??

10) Starter : Mitsi??

11) Alternator : Mitsi??

Matt

NikFu S.
04-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Apparently the 05 STI uses the same rear wheel bearings.

floatingkiwi
04-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Apparently the 05 STI uses the same rear wheel bearings.

Can you (or anyone else) confirm this?

Matt

SilverSpear
06-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Great news for the stock gearbox lovers (:D :p ). I dismanteled mine as you all know and took the 2nd gear discs to a local automatic parts supplier... The moment he saw the disc, he said:"is that the Pathfinder's?" I said no... "is that the Mazda's?"... No again... and I SMILED (you know why :D ).... he said for which car is it? I said: SUBARU... Subaru??? :confused: .... Yeah the SVX... SVX ??:confused: :confused: What is that????...
Come on man, get me the discs, I am in a hurry.... So he went and got me the PATHFINDER discs (cost = $3 per disc)... and for a further surprise, the Brake Band is also 100% Pathfinder ($15)... So guys rest assured, we have the pathfinder internals in our Automatic Gearbox

Suby Fan
06-05-2006, 08:02 PM
I was reading a subaru-only mag at the bookstore today. and there right on the front cover porsche 914 with WRX sti engine swap on the stock 914 transaxle.. I didn't have any cash on me but will pick up the mag later this week. anybody want a 3.6 liter porsche turbo svx?? (yes I know aircooled engine, blah blah blah, lol)

and the smaller engine might actually emporve handling. and starting at 300 hp with lots of aftermarket couldn't be a bad move, could it? :D

the only issue is that we would be compeating with non STi WRXers and the price on a STi engine AINT CHEEP! what about a heavaly modded 2.2 Turbo?

Nemesis Destiny
06-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I was reading a subaru-only mag at the bookstore today. and there right on the front cover porsche 914 with WRX sti engine swap on the stock 914 transaxle.. I didn't have any cash on me but will pick up the mag later this week. anybody want a 3.6 liter porsche turbo svx?? (yes I know aircooled engine, blah blah blah, lol)Heh, if it's air-cooled that just leaves more room for the front mounted intercooler and turbo piping!

Beav
06-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Or end-to-end engines for a flat 12.

Beav
06-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Or end-to-end AND stacked for a cubed 24.

Beav
06-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Of course one could do the same in the rear and have a 48 cyl. SVX.

floatingkiwi
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Now you're just being silly.....:D

Earthworm
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
That would be good for teh traktor pullz :D

floatingkiwi
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't you need 30in (wide) wheels just to stop the torque from flipping you upside down? I'm sure I could do the force vectors and torque moments if I hadn't just been to the pub...

Beav
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Just lock one transfer clutch and leave the other to work as normal. Run the driveshaft to hook to both trans' with the rear having its diffy flipped to the other side (yeah, that'd work...ha.)

Actually I'd rather use an SVX engine in a inboard speedboat. Nice flat floor, bow to stern.

poweredx2
06-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Has anyone notice how close the skyline or siliva fenders and front clip are so similar to the svx.My friend has a 240 that has been swapped over to silvia body parts,I think if you put the fenders,hood and entire front clip on it may just bolt up,I'm waiting on my friend to wreck his car drifting,he has a habit of building nice cars and somehow wrecks them and sell the parts really cheap.

Earthworm
06-09-2006, 11:08 AM
I've always said the SVX is more Nissan than Subaru.

iced_out_svx
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Uses the same door handles

floatingkiwi
07-10-2006, 08:14 AM

4) Rims : 05+ WRX STi 17" Rims, late model RX-7 16x8, 1993-1997 Ford Probe16x7, late model Nissan 300ZX non-turbo (rim size?), Nissan Murano 18x7, and see this (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29638) thread

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too

6) Oil Filter : Porsche 944 filter (not really the same part, but porsche-worthy of mention I feel)

12) Injectors : The Subaru part number for the injector is 16611aa310

Pulling it up on 1stsubaruparts.com they mention it fits SVX's, Impreza's, Foresters and Legacies. (2.2, 2.5, 3.3 non turbo)

Sr240sx
07-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Wouldn't you need 30in (wide) wheels just to stop the torque from flipping you upside down? I'm sure I could do the force vectors and torque moments if I hadn't just been to the pub...

I always wanted to get a '65 bug, drop a 427 in the rear, and reiforce the roof. the car would accelerate, pick the front wheels up, go on it's ass, but it'd have momentum, so it'd just keep rolling over until it got back to the wheels again, and then accelerate...

rolly polly vw bug

Jade Dragon
07-13-2006, 12:17 AM
I always wanted to get a '65 bug, drop a 427 in the rear, and reiforce the roof. the car would accelerate, pick the front wheels up, go on it's ass, but it'd have momentum, so it'd just keep rolling over until it got back to the wheels again, and then accelerate...

rolly polly vw bug
ROFLMAO!!! i would love to see that

Earthworm
07-13-2006, 11:33 AM
ROFLMAO!!! i would love to see thatFind the PC game Carmageddon 2. They have a monster Beetle that does exactly that.

04sti
07-24-2006, 04:52 AM
Actually me and my friend are working on a 92 svx and we found a couple similarities, the oil cap is actually the same as the ej20 and ej25, the radiator fans are the same as the drive side radiator fans on the rex and sti, and the springs that go inbetween the cat and the catback are the same as the ones on the 04+ rex and sti. The project we are working on is pretty neet, never been done before... when we get closer to completion we will post some pics, she is out for paint now...

Myetball
07-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Cam and Crank angle sensors from any other Subaru are interchangeable...even with each other. Meaning you can use a cam sensor on the crank or crank sensor on the cam. May require minor mod to the mounting hole but internally they are all the same.

When one of my cam sensors failed I picked up a pocket full at the local junkyard. Ended up using a crank sensor from a 4 cyl for my cam sensor.

SubaSteevo
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
The rear brake pads are the same as the 90-99 Legacy (rear) and 92-97 Impreza (rear)

gest24
07-26-2006, 06:09 PM
The STi key blank that Subydude.com works in the SVX. I bought one wanting to try it and today after a trip to walmart to get it cut for FREE it worked.

floatingkiwi
07-27-2006, 04:32 AM

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima (What model/year?), drive side fans wrx

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year) Can anyone elaborate more on this? discs or calipers? The rear brake pads are the same as the 90-99 Legacy (rear) and 92-97 Impreza (rear)

8) Keys/locks : Datsun? STI key blank from Subydude.com?

Pulling it up on 1stsubaruparts.com they mention it fits SVX's, Impreza's, Foresters and Legacies. (2.2, 2.5, 3.3 non turbo)

13) Oil cap : ej20, ej25

14) Cam/Crank sensors : interchangeable with other subies

If anyone can confirm the bold items or question marks, just repost and remove those marks.

Matt

gest24
07-27-2006, 09:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken the 300ZX rims are 16s

zavikan
09-03-2006, 10:28 AM
And one member swapped in 'late model' cougar control arms. Said they fit beautiful and only cost $16. Second hand information.

Cho
09-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Yea, I dont remember where I read or hear it from, but supposibly the 05 Sti Rear Wheel Bearing is the same as the Svx. Knowing this, do you guys think is its possible to get better bearings for our stock bearings?

If anyone has a SVX rear bearing just laying around, would you take it too Subaru and ask them if they have a direct replacement for it, but dont tell them its from the SVX. That way if there is a better replacement, its better for everyone.

svxbrick
09-23-2006, 10:40 PM
I checked Checker Auto parts and they list the same rear wheel bearings for the SVX and the 2005 STi. Both are listed as BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003. They also show a Beckly Arnold for the SVX with a lifetime warranty.
Marvin
92 - Pearly

Beav
09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
And one member swapped in 'late model' cougar control arms. Said they fit beautiful and only cost $16. Second hand information.

That was me. It was front stabilizer links, not control arms. From last generation Cougars.

BTW - Mitsubishi labeled starters and alternators, or any other parts for that matter, don't necessarily mean that any Mitsu car or truck actually uses the same parts. Mitsubishi is one of, if not the largest, manufacturer in the world. They make a lot more than just car items.

Many Japanese cars use the same blower motor, although the connector may need to be adapted.

gtdanielgt
09-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Part # on the links? :D :D

floatingkiwi
09-24-2006, 03:43 AM
Yea, good point Beav. I was just leaving those items in there to prod peopleīs thoughts!!

Man, you can buy an SVX for NOTHING in NZ at the moment - just wish I was there!!

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year) Can anyone elaborate more on this? discs or calipers? The rear brake pads are the same as the 90-99 Legacy (rear) and 92-97 Impreza (rear)

10) Injectors : The Subaru part number for the injector is 16611aa310

11) Oil cap : ej20, ej25

12) Cam/Crank sensors : interchangeable with other subies

If anyone can confirm the bold items or question marks OR ADD PART NUMBERS, just repost and remove those marks.

Matt

floatingkiwi
09-24-2006, 03:47 AM
I checked Checker Auto parts and they list the same rear wheel bearings for the SVX and the 2005 STi. Both are listed as BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003. They also show a Beckly Arnold for the SVX with a lifetime warranty.
Marvin
92 - Pearly

If this is verified can you add it to the list please with part numbers? I canīt PM you...

Matt

floatingkiwi
09-24-2006, 03:49 AM
Part # on the links? :D :D

If you can add any, feel free!:D :D

Matt

Beav
09-24-2006, 06:13 AM
No idea on the part numbers but they are for the 1999-2002 Cougar.

rbach123
10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
I got my starter replaced with a legacy gt. i think he said it was a 1990. For some reason a used 92 and after wouldnt work, since my svx was a 92 but manufactured in 91. I dont remember the explanation he gave, but he had got a used 92 and it wouldnt fit properly.

Also Crappy tire damaged some of my wheel studs and lug nuts by over torquing, I called nappa and they ordered legacy studs and nuts @ 3$ CDN + taxes each for wheel studs and lug nuts (i think the nuts were 4 though.)Compared to the dealer 5$ for studs and 25$ per lug nut.

I have not done any exhaust work but was looking at a true dual exhaust and was told that magna flow universal cats would fit, but a muffler shop near my home. they also told me i dont need the pre cats or the 2 into 1 , theyd knock those off and put a magna flow universal fit. Didnt get a quote yet.

I also need transmission work within the year and was looking at the trannys available and possible the suggestion of the wheel bearings from sti. Surprisingly my last wheel bearing was replaced over 30k ago and no noises. None of the others are making noises either. Ill let you know how they go.

Earthworm
10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Also Crappy tire damaged some of my wheel studs and lug nuts by over torquing, I called nappa and they ordered legacy studs and nuts @ 3$ CDN + taxes each for wheel studs and lug nuts (i think the nuts were 4 though.)Compared to the dealer 5$ for studs and 25$ per lug nut.

I have not done any exhaust work but was looking at a true dual exhaust and was told that magna flow universal cats would fit, but a muffler shop near my home. they also told me i dont need the pre cats or the 2 into 1 , theyd knock those off and put a magna flow universal fit. Didnt get a quote yet.

I also need transmission work within the year and was looking at the trannys available and possible the suggestion of the wheel bearings from sti. Surprisingly my last wheel bearing was replaced over 30k ago and no noises. None of the others are making noises either. Ill let you know how they go.Welcome to the site!

If you're going to order OEM Subaru parts get them from the US because Subaru of Canada charges ridiculous prices for parts.

You will want to keep the front cats as it's been shown that they actually help to produce power and prevent resonating noises.

STi rear wheel bearings are the same as ours.

92SVXMan
10-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I found the "right" lug nuts for the SVX at Libertysubaru.com for like $6.87 each, but also check 1stsubaruparts.com they may be a little less there. You need the ones with the wide plate, or they cut into the rim and keep getting loose.

floatingkiwi
10-13-2006, 04:26 AM
STi rear wheel bearings are the same as ours.

Can you add this to the list? What year? Are they the same only for our rears or all round?

Matt

Earthworm
10-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I thought it was in the list. It's only the rears and only the 2005+ with the 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

floatingkiwi
10-14-2006, 11:15 AM
A new addition:

10) Injectors : The Subaru part number for the injector is 16611aa310

11) Oil cap : ej20, ej25

12) Cam/Crank sensors : interchangeable with other subies

13) Rear wheel bearings : STi 2005+ rear bearings with 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

If anyone can confirm the bold items or question marks OR ADD PART NUMBERS, just repost and remove those marks.

Matt

svxfiles
10-14-2006, 12:00 PM
That was my find.:p
66% more volume and a better fit than stock. Really!
:cool:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?svxfiles|29215

floatingkiwi
01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your great posts - hopefully we'll continue to get all sorts of gems from this discussion!

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too. Transmission has Pathfinder internals.

12) MAF : 95 Impreza or later.

Matt

floatingkiwi
01-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Updated. Mods, this sort of info is worth a sticky isn't it?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima (What model/year?). Same as drive side fans on wrx & STI (LHD cars I guess).

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too. Transmission has pathfinder internals.

10) Starter : Mitsi?

11) Alternator : Mitsi?

15) Rear wheel bearings : STi 2005+ rear bearings with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003

16) MAF : 95 Impreza or later.

17) Knock sensors : Early Legacys. What years? Part number 22060AA031

Matt

NikFu S.
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I see an old red Impreza every so often that has an identicle steering wheel. I couldn't tell you if it fits but maybe worth looking into.

Nemesis Destiny
01-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Also, FWIW, the Murano crossover rims are actually 18x7.5"

rallyingrob
01-17-2007, 07:34 AM
rbach123

wohoo!!!
somebody in my TIME ZONE !!!!!!!!!!!!
lmao

welcome!!
i'm pretty much still a newby 'round these parts too....

pm me.......
i MAY have a source of genuine subey parts cheap for you!!
:D

is the tps the same as a 90 legacy?
if so, i just sold the one off my parts car..........:(

DANG!!

rallyingrob
01-17-2007, 07:38 AM
my question is.........
has anyone fit FIFTEEN inch wheels on an svx?
i know there are many that fit the bolt pattern and even have close-enough off set......(grand caravan for ex)
but.......did they clear the front calipers( i'm talkin steel wheels here)
i know the alloy wheels are thicker and even harder to fit.....

dynomatt has fitted 15" alloys but had to use thickish spacers and new studs/nuts......

i'm hoping to keep stock studs and use a thin spacer (saaaay 1/4 " or so...)

anyone ever try it?

i have a supply of used 15" rally tires cheap and want to use them!

Nemesis Destiny
01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
From everything I've heard, 15" rims are simply too small to clear the brake hardware. I remember reading that someone had tried it, but I can't recall where now.

lhopp77
01-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Why would anyone even want to put 15" wheels on the SVX????:rolleyes: :eek:

Lee

mikecg
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Updated. Mods, this sort of info is worth a sticky isn't it?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima (What model/year?). Same as drive side fans on wrx & STI (LHD cars I guess).

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too. Transmission has pathfinder internals.

15) Rear wheel bearings : STi 2005+ rear bearings with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003

Matt

I've noticed that the stock air filter from my Nissan Sentra Spec-V is identical to the stock filter in the SVX, but the part numbers at the auto parts stores are different.

DarknessofDeath
01-17-2007, 10:00 AM
as a guess, i would say more width to height ratio?
i would only imagine on two reasons. snow tires.
and bigger rims costs more and lower profile tires for bigger rims costs more. and vice versa

i wanted to go to 17"s but the tires would cost double the amount of the rims. not sure if it's like that in the US though...
and also there was very limited amount of tire selection when i called for a quote on the tire size..
so either i wont do it or i will wait.

rallyingrob
01-17-2007, 10:51 AM
like i said though......
rally tires......
16" ones are hideously expen$ive, and nearly no-one in canada runs them .....
15's are cheap and plentiful lightly used and i have six on hand already with more to come as needed....

(for those who havent seen a rally gravel tire up close, its as heavy as lead...makes the average snow tire look like an inner-tube....:)

i have been very lucky so far to have not trashed one of my 205 55 16 snow tires.....:cool:

they just dont have the beef in construction or the added height needed to run at speed over gravel/mud/snow/ice etc...:(

i'm 1/2 ways lucky in that i have another set of 16" wheels/tires off the parts svx for when i DO wreck a tire.......:)

hmmmmmm
i wonder if walmart would honour the road hazard?!!!!

lmao...

floatingkiwi
01-17-2007, 01:35 PM
I've noticed that the stock air filter from my Nissan Sentra Spec-V is identical to the stock filter in the SVX, but the part numbers at the auto parts stores are different.

I think a lot of air filters are this size, seems relatively common.

Matt

Nemesis Destiny
01-17-2007, 01:37 PM
It is quite common. FRAM # 4309. Used in a lot of Nissans, and a few other things.

The Goat
01-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Yea, I dont remember where I read or hear it from, but supposibly the 05 Sti Rear Wheel Bearing is the same as the Svx. Knowing this, do you guys think is its possible to get better bearings for our stock bearings?

If anyone has a SVX rear bearing just laying around, would you take it too Subaru and ask them if they have a direct replacement for it, but dont tell them its from the SVX. That way if there is a better replacement, its better for everyone.

From Wikipedia:

"The 2005 WRX STI uses the same rear wheel bearing"

floatingkiwi
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
already in the list..

Suby Fan
01-19-2007, 12:02 AM
what about the latest talk of the 05+ STi calipers fitting... i know they line up but what other mods are needed?

Beav
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Why would anyone even want to put 15" wheels on the SVX????:rolleyes: :eek:

Lee

More sidewall = more cushion = better ride. However, slip angle increases, response/handling deteriorates.

SVX_MY_BABY
01-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Here's the Subaru part number for the wrx rear wheel bearings & seals. The seals are key. It's when they fail that the bearing go. I just installed them on my car.

15) Rear wheel bearings : STi 2005+ rear bearings with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Subaru part numbers: Bearing - 28016PA010, Oil seal I - 28015AA080, Seal - 28015AA070. BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003

Matt[/QUOTE]

NikFu S.
01-26-2007, 06:19 PM
...The journal sizes on the crankshafts for the EG33 are the same as the 2.0l turbo, 2.2l, and the 2.5 turbo motors. This means we can use the Con rods either from these motors or their aftermarket rods as well. ...

Tom

Edit: Just make sure the height of the rod is the same... 5.137"
^12345678^

rbach123
01-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Just got my rear bearings replaced. the 2005 sti bearings are the same part number as the svx, so basically the same part. Although the dealerships charge more for them. There are some legacys with the same bearings. I asked a nappa dealer and a subaru to for the part numbers.
Pricing is just there as a gimmick i guess.

SVX_MY_BABY
01-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Just got my rear bearings replaced. the 2005 sti bearings are the same part number as the svx, so basically the same part. Although the dealerships charge more for them. There are some legacys with the same bearings. I asked a nappa dealer and a subaru to for the part numbers.
Pricing is just there as a gimmick i guess.
:rolleyes: Hummm
The old Chevy vs Cadilac scheme.

Seraphinwolf
05-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Your problem comes from the fact that you will loose all the power you could have in the light Impreza. A SVX is way to heavy for it. Now a 3.0R swap would be good and eccinomical! And 250HP up form 230HP. This will be my plan for my Impreza along with the 5-speed auto that it mates with normally.

Seraphinwolf
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Also, FWIW, the Murano crossover rims are actually 18x7.5"

In the case of rims you best bet is only to look at the over all diameter of the tire. I have 18x7.5 Koning's that have 235 35 zr 18 91w(or 92w) Toyo Proxxie 4's and I love them. I actually bought them for my IMpreza but since it's off the road for body work and some maintinace I put them on the SVX. As long as your off-set on the rims are the same as stock you are fine. Really for getting into rim you should talk to your local tire guys that also deal in rims. And beleive it or not everyone should pick up Car Hacks and Mod's For Dummies. I did this about a year and half ago and has helped me feel good about choices i made up to that point and help with filling in some of the missing blanks on questions.

Seraphinwolf
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
like i said though......
rally tires......
16" ones are hideously expen$ive, and nearly no-one in canada runs them .....
15's are cheap and plentiful lightly used and i have six on hand already with more to come as needed....

(for those who havent seen a rally gravel tire up close, its as heavy as lead...makes the average snow tire look like an inner-tube....:)

i have been very lucky so far to have not trashed one of my 205 55 16 snow tires.....:cool:

they just dont have the beef in construction or the added height needed to run at speed over gravel/mud/snow/ice etc...:(

i'm 1/2 ways lucky in that i have another set of 16" wheels/tires off the parts svx for when i DO wreck a tire.......:)

hmmmmmm
i wonder if walmart would honour the road hazard?!!!!

lmao...
205's! TAKE THEM OFF NOW! 205 is way to narrow a tire for a car like this. I ran a set of 215's for a week before taking them off. That's why you have problems. 225 and 235's are what you need. There no safe way to stick with those tires. I'm suprised you having lost you beading yet! HOLY HELL MAN! And for anyone out there a Toyo Proxxie 4 is great as a winter tire. And only second to the t1-r's(or is it s's now? they changed the tread) on nonsnow.

b3lha
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
205's! TAKE THEM OFF NOW! 205 is way to narrow a tire for a car like this. I ran a set of 215's for a week before taking them off. That's why you have problems. 225 and 235's are what you need. There no safe way to stick with those tires. I'm suprised you having lost you beading yet! HOLY HELL MAN! And for anyone out there a Toyo Proxxie 4 is great as a winter tire. And only second to the t1-r's(or is it s's now? they changed the tread) on nonsnow.

I've heard that some SVXes came with 205-55-16 from the factory. I have driven an SVX on 205s and it handled just fine. In fact, on some surfaces I reckon they would be better than the 225's.

b3lha
05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
The airbox, air filter, MAF, O2 sensors, temperature sensor, are all interchangeable between my SVX and my Legacy 2.2. They have different part numbers on them but they look the same and they work fine if you swap them over. I use the same battery in both cars too - Halfords HCB075.

Nemesis Destiny
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
In the case of rims you best bet is only to look at the over all diameter of the tire. I have 18x7.5 Koning's that have 235 35 zr 18 91w(or 92w) Toyo Proxxie 4's and I love them. I actually bought them for my IMpreza but since it's off the road for body work and some maintinace I put them on the SVX. As long as your off-set on the rims are the same as stock you are fine. Really for getting into rim you should talk to your local tire guys that also deal in rims. And beleive it or not everyone should pick up Car Hacks and Mod's For Dummies. I did this about a year and half ago and has helped me feel good about choices i made up to that point and help with filling in some of the missing blanks on questions.I was merely pointing out that the Murano rims that fit our cars are actually a half inch wider than commonly known, which in turn, allows you to mount a slightly wider tire than a 7 inch wide rim. Also, it has the same width as stock SVX wheels, which matters to some people.

Also, for the record, offset being the same by no means guarantees that a given rim will fit, particularly if the rim in question is wider than stock.

No offense, and I know you're only trying to help, but reading one 'For Dummies' book by no means makes you an expert on the subject.

Seraphinwolf
05-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I was merely pointing out that the Murano rims that fit our cars are actually a half inch wider than commonly known, which in turn, allows you to mount a slightly wider tire than a 7 inch wide rim. Also, it has the same width as stock SVX wheels, which matters to some people.

Also, for the record, offset being the same by no means guarantees that a given rim will fit, particularly if the rim in question is wider than stock.

No offense, and I know you're only trying to help, but reading one 'For Dummies' book by no means makes you an expert on the subject.
I got all my info out side of the "for dummies". I did my research when it came to tires and had talked to a couple people that work at tire shops and NO not some guy at a Sear with a Civic. I'm just saying in a matter of planning how people look at their cars it's a good idea. Some people go out and say they want this and that and won't see things coming. The guy that did the writeup is infact a pro by the name of David Vespremi. While we do have a lot of this type of guy on the forums like Tom and the other big guys there are guys that don't. It's just a helpful pick up and glance through not a how to book. And if someone just goes around looking for rims he finds sitting around and happens to find a set with a neutral offset that is infact too wide of a rim for the SVX he'll be a one of. The wheel wells are very wide in the SVX. Most car have to go to a widebody fender just to accomidate something like a 215. So in a sence yes having the same offset and diameter is fine. There's a guy with a porche Carrera S in my area with 11" wide rear tires and that something you have to custom order. Most of these people are seeing what they find from other people. Not very likely you'll have some guy come up to you and offer to sell their $900 set of 11" tires for your SVX. So in the words of the charecter David Rimmer of Red Dwarf(BBC show) SHMEG OFF!:mad: ..... Yes I sometimes react like this sometimes to people reacting to my coments and input. So sorry if anyone gets put off by it.

Seraphinwolf
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
That's actually David Lister not Rimmer. Rimmer was the holographic seniour officer in comand. I know at least one person on site would have corrected me as his icon in that of Cat another "crew member" if you can call a black guy with fangs chacing anything female a crew mwmber:rolleyes:

wawazat??
05-11-2007, 06:17 AM
It's just a helpful pick up and glance through not a how to book.

So in the words of the charecter David Rimmer of Red Dwarf(BBC show) SHMEG OFF!:mad: ..... Yes I sometimes react like this sometimes to people reacting to my coments and input. So sorry if anyone gets put off by it.

Nemesis Destiny was merely stating that a single book does not make one an expert on any subject. Your response is not appropriate for this site. Settle down or I or one of the other mods will be forced to take further action. This is merely a warning and request to not take offense so quickly.

Thank you,
Todd

Seraphinwolf
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Nemesis Destiny was merely stating that a single book does not make one an expert on any subject. Your response is not appropriate for this site. Settle down or I or one of the other mods will be forced to take further action. This is merely a warning and request to not take offense so quickly.

Thank you,
Todd

Sincerest appolagies I didn't mean to be as abrasive in my reaction. I don't like when people respond to me like I'm an idiot. I'm sorry for extending my rebutle into harsh ... umm.. "tones"?

DarknessofDeath
05-11-2007, 03:29 PM
i'ts always hard to really get at one's response from only reading text. we can all read something and get something different off of it, since it's only text with no tone or facial expression to see what is really being expressed

SVXdc
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
This thread was hard to find ... until I included the "general babble" forum in the search. Shouldn't this be in "Technical Q&A"?

While searching, I ran across this thread:
Are there any camber/castor plates that would work on the SVX? (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31505)

It was mentioned that there were camber bolts made for the Legacy (found on eBay) that work on the SVX.

rbach123
08-28-2007, 12:07 AM
I got a question. Anyone knows if any hoods or bumpers from other subarus will fit the svx? Maybe a hood with a scoop, but a big scoop but along the lines of the outback sedan style. I bet it would give the svx an agressive look to put the outback bumper on the svx and the hood.

Im doing some planning for it since i need a new paint job and some son of a****** must have jumped on my hood one night, its really dinged up.

SubaSteevo
08-28-2007, 08:16 AM
I bet it would give the svx an agressive look to put the outback bumper on the svx and the hood.

Ya mean...like this?
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/andivic/5180.JPG

green_eyed_lady
08-28-2007, 08:34 AM
I actually went through the motors manual and wrote down all of the parts which were interchangeable with other Subarus, but the list is at home right now and I'm at work. I only included things that were relatively expensive to replace (more than $50.00 or so), like sensors, etc., that could be salvaged from other cars in salvage yards which are more plentiful than SVXs and eaisier to find.

When I have time :rolleyes: , I'll post them.

I posted this in another thread a few months ago:

"We have a 1995 motors manual and it states that the knock sensors from the SVX are identical (same part number) as the '95 Impreza (2.2 L engine) and the '90-'95 Legacy. Original Part Number is 22060aa030, which has been allegedly superceded by Part Number is 22060AA031.

There may be other (later) models that match, but our book only goes to 1995."

SVXdc
08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I posted this in another thread a few months ago: [knock sensors]
That would this thread: knock sensor (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?p=471686&postcount=7)

According to the parts search at SubaruGenuineParts.com, the newer part number, 22060AA031, is also used in:
Impreza 1995-1996
Legacy 1990-1996
SVX 1992-1997
We'd definitely love to see your interchange list, Diana!

rbach123
08-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Ya mean...like this?

ALMOST Exactly like that!!! Where did you get that done and what parts did you use? and how much did it cost?

SubaSteevo
08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
ALMOST Exactly like that!!! Where did you get that done and what parts did you use? and how much did it cost?

It's not my car, try to search for user "Andivic". More pics are in his locker, here (http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?andivic). I'm not sure if he's still on the network, but he grafted the Outback bumper to his bumper and the scoop is from a WRX I believe.

Nemesis Destiny
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I asked Andivic about that modification a while back. Totally custom job done by a body shop; he assures me that it is not easy to do for the "backyard bodyman" nor was it cheap to have professionally done. Are the results worth it? I think so, but you be the judge ;)

green_eyed_lady
09-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Ya mean...like this?

This is what The_Hunter was doing last we checked. He's doing it all himself.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/The_Hunter/36802.JPG

rbach123
09-03-2007, 06:46 AM
that black car looks awesome too. the bumper looks really low. I already banged up my regular bumper just going over some bumps or comming out of driveways.

While we are on the subject of stuff like that anyone remember the celica and supra mirrors that had the whole aerodynamic design?

http://www.pitstopautoparts.com/images/mirrors.jpg
http://www.car-stuff.com/images/part_image/mp-mirror.jpg

Kind of like those. I believe the last one was right before the celica got the facelift. I bet those would look pretty good on the svx too.
I really need to find a diy buddy whos good at this stuff and a cheap junk year. Im currently with the starving artist job title.

rbach123
09-06-2007, 12:18 AM
any body remember this article?
http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_1831/article.html?popularArticle

It mentions using the liberty rs tranny as a possible replacement. Ever been done before? I think it made reference to a wrx auto tranny? Did the wrx ever use an auto transmission?

pearlm30
02-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Also the trany resistors from Legacy/outbacks are direct plug and play. But the part numbers are different.
MAF from some nissan/infiniti will work as well.

Huskymaniac
09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
I am going to resurrect this to potentially add one item. I believe a K&N HP-4001 oil filter should fit. Can anyone confirm? It is an alternative to the Purolator 30165.

Also, I believe the Mobil 1 M1-401 used to fit before they discontinued it. Too bad because this would have been a bigger and higher efficiency filter. The K&N is a little more efficient that the standard Purolator but neither is anywhere as good as a Mobil 1 or Purolator Pure One filter. So we can either get a standard size but high efficiency or we can get a larger but not high efficiency.

davew833
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm running a tranny resistor I pulled off a '93 Infiniti G20 (made by Nissan). It's made by JECS and plugs in directly, but I'm sure the part number is different. I'm sure my knock sensor came off a Legacy or Impreza too.

Conn SVX
07-12-2011, 03:40 PM
BUMP this needs up dating . How a bout the EGR valve I was told any Legacy fits

Jvan
07-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I second the idea of updating this thread. Also does anyone know what year/model Nissan/Infinity MAF will swap and does this include the MAF sensor?

Huskymaniac
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
I am going to resurrect this to potentially add one item. I believe a K&N HP-4001 oil filter should fit. Can anyone confirm? It is an alternative to the Purolator 30165.

Also, I believe the Mobil 1 M1-401 used to fit before they discontinued it. Too bad because this would have been a bigger and higher efficiency filter. The K&N is a little more efficient that the standard Purolator but neither is anywhere as good as a Mobil 1 or Purolator Pure One filter. So we can either get a standard size but high efficiency or we can get a larger but not high efficiency.

Let me update this information. First of all, the K&N HP-4001 is almost identical to the M1-401 but slightly less efficient.

However, there appears to be yet another alternative for a "large" or "oversized" filter. It is the Bosch 72158 Premium Oil Filter. According to this test:

http://filtrationcomparisons.weebly.com/test-pictures-and-results.html

the Bosch is basically identical to the Purolator PureOne. So now we have a super efficient oversized filter option AND it is less expensive than the K&N! One drawback is that it doesn't flow as well as the K&N BUT the newer P1 filters in the gold cans flow MUCH better than the old blue can versions so flow is not really a concern and should be no problem given that this is an oversized filter to start with. According to this guy's conclusions:

http://filtrationcomparisons.weebly.com/conclusions.html

the build quality of the Bosch/P1 filters are not quite as good as the K&N so that is another possible drawback. But I have also read that the check valves in the M1 and K&N filters slowly leak and that can be a concern for some engines in terms of dry starts. I'm not sure if that applies to the SVX. As far as overall build quality is concerned, this guy:

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/oilfilter/gradesheet.htm

agrees that the P1 is not quite as good as the K&N but "B+" is still a pretty darn good rating. At some point, good is good enough. The K&N may be bullet proof but I doubt anyone will experience a Bosch/P1 filter self destruct.

Given our tight bearing tolerances, I think filtration is most important. Given our high engine temperatures, the higher flow of an oversized filter is also a big benefit since it will keep oil flowing and help distribute heat more evenly. A second benefit of these larger filters is that they will stay out of bypass to higher RPMs and will maintain good flow rate over a longer period of time. Both mean that there is less chance the engine will see unfiltered oil due to bypass.

I suppose the Bosch/P1 and K&N filter choice (both oversized) could be a coin flip with lower cost pushing the P1/Bosch to the top.

Jvan
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Can we resurrect this thread and update it with new info? I need to replace my alternator and wonder if there is a higher output alternator that we fit our SVX?

Hocrest
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
All other Subaru alternators are slightly different. Your best bet is to get a rebuild either through a good local shop or from Maniac http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49821

I have their standard and it is great. They also make a high output that many folks have gotten.

Jvan
08-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks. I've been in contact with them.

injuhneer
10-18-2012, 01:39 PM
BUMP this needs up dating . How a bout the EGR valve I was told any Legacy fits

Here is another bump.

As a new guy I started reading this thread. After looking through it for a bit I decided to do something useful.

http://ootfab.webhop.net/ootfab/tech/crossref_SVX.cfm

This link is the output to a database. Items can be added here:

http://ootfab.webhop.net/ootfab/tech/addrefSVX.cfm

I put the Nissan Altima cooling fans in as an example. I'll continue to read through the thread to extract parts and their numbers.

Feel free to add to the cross reference.

Of course if someone had a Hollander subscription...

-Mike O

icingdeath88
10-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Nice! That's a decent start. How well-hosted is it? If it lasts a long time, and grows, then it will be extremely useful, but if the hosting (or funding for the hosting) is not reliable, then not so much.

Also (and I mean this in general, not just in the DB you just made). Can we avoid things like "impreza or legacy such and such will fit" and "contemporary Altima" and put in actual years, or even just one year? That will make a big difference to people who know the least about cars in general, and therefore need the most help.

injuhneer
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
That was my find.:p
66% more volume and a better fit than stock. Really!
:cool:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?svxfiles|29215

So that would be a 944 or 924S filter? Nice. I have several filters sitting about left over from a 924S I had.

-Mike O

svxcess
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I need to replace my alternator and wonder if there is a higher output alternator that we fit our SVX?

Yes, there is a 160A high-output unit HERE (http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/hiou160ampal6.html)

$188.00 exchange. 1 year warranty..... (Stock units are only 95A on a good day)
$248.00 outright
FREE ground shipping

Lifetime warranty available. $98.00

Talk to Christian

injuhneer
10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Nice! That's a decent start. How well-hosted is it? If it lasts a long time, and grows, then it will be extremely useful, but if the hosting (or funding for the hosting) is not reliable, then not so much.

Also (and I mean this in general, not just in the DB you just made). Can we avoid things like "impreza or legacy such and such will fit" and "contemporary Altima" and put in actual years, or even just one year? That will make a big difference to people who know the least about cars in general, and therefore need the most help.

Thanks. It is connected to a cable internet connection (Cox). The server is actually at my home office and has been up for about 9 years.

I have done several of the cross references (Citroen SM, Yamaha XJ, Saab 900, etc). All of them are still available to folks even though my projects change. :)

Of course "contemporary" means "in the same era" so an Altima of the same model year or just preceding is implied. :) But I agree with your point.

I am currently looking for suitable suspension bits that cross from other vehicles. The Subaru interchanges are helpful but I am interested also in interchange with other manufacturers. Even if minor modifications are needed it is still worth compiling.

Thanks for the input.

-Mike O

injuhneer
10-18-2012, 03:23 PM

BTW - The data source is an MS Access file. It can be exported to Excel and posted at any time if folks want a copy.

-Mike O

injuhneer
10-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Anyone find a throttle position sensor alternative?

In browsing through the Standard/Intermotor catalog there are several candidates but there is a Suzuki unit that looks like it would be a direct fit for the connector. It would appears to only need a small adapter to turn it (SVX has a shaft with a flat, the Suzuki uses a small flange).

It also appears there are several 4-pin units that could be used simply by dropping the IDLE pin.

-Mike O

dromano
11-22-2012, 02:36 PM

Rock Auto has them.

Jvan
07-29-2016, 08:06 PM
What to revive this thread. I just installed front adjustable end links from Superpro TRC 10160 that fit many other vehicles but not listed for the SVX. Makes/models that are listed include Mini R50/R53/R56/R57/R59 (various years), Toyota MR2 91-95, Ford Mazda Tribute 01-06, BMW's. You get the idea; you can check w/SuperPro on Ebay for cars listed or buy from any other source for the car of your choice.