TomsSVX
03-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Well, I know everyone wants one every year... so start planning them here

Tom

SSSVX
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Hmmm....how about a 5mt swap demo? :D

j/k!!

Hmm...how much time does the reading 7 allow to have for the tech sessions?(I assume it'd be on saturday morning/afternoon?) are you going to show us how to do it or teach us how to do it? :) do you need an SVX for demo, obviously with the particular problems?

I personally would love to make sure how to do a ball joint, inner/outer tie-rods replacements properly. If a car just does a tie-rods, must it do AWD alignment immediately before driving a 350miles journey? :rolleyes:

Tom, I think you should plan with the "time-consuming and the difficulty level." What kind of tools we need to bring? Can my forty dollars tool box from wal-mart good enough to handle what kind of job?

Let's see what everyone else wants...

If I'm in, I have to commit myself to come. The very last reading meet I went had no tech sessions. I guess driving and tech sessions and meeting more svxers would be my favorites...:)

AvPPoW
03-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Hmmm....how about a 5mt swap demo? :D

j/k!!

Buy intellibomb's kit and I'll bring pedals, shifter linkage, driveshaft and a crossmember :D

zavikan
03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Anyone want to do one of these at reading? :D

No, I would not be willing to pay in any monitary form at all. But I would be willing to agree to kiss your @$$ for the rest of the Reading weekend.

TomsSVX
03-14-2006, 05:04 PM
that would take all of 10 minutes... Sure we can do that. Tech sessions are not being paid for, they are in order to help others understand and be able to do it on their own

Tom

zavikan
03-14-2006, 07:37 PM
........ok. In which case I withdraw my @$$ kissing offer.

TomsSVX
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Ok 1st thing on the Agenda...

Front Axle replacement.... lets say around 11am??

Tom

zavikan
03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Finacial problems hit me hard today. I will assuradly not be able to attend. But I knew getting back into the SVX world would do this to me. as long as I can afford IT, I can work on luxuries as they come. Best times to all involved there.

Myxalplyx
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Can you teach me how to weld up my own intake for the SVX? :o

TomsSVX
03-19-2006, 08:30 PM
no.....haha sorry I have a 208v source for my tig machine

Tom

marlettpat
03-20-2006, 09:59 AM
if you need a donor car for the axle replacement, i am youre man! my front axle is going and i will have a replacement by reading......:eek:

TomsSVX
03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
sure... Liek I said, axles don't take long

Tom

Budfreak
03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
How bout an engine swap?:rolleyes:j/k unless you really want to:D
Rear bearings?
Ball joint?
Poly. sway bar bushings?

Hey, When the works free.........;)

TomsSVX
03-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Hey, I am not doing the work. I am only there to guide and help when I need to. If this is stuff you want to do and need some guidance... hell feel free.

Tom

Budfreak
03-21-2006, 08:50 PM
The only thing I'd need guidance on would be the rear bearings. The rest I could handle, But not till I heal up a little more. I was really just giving ideas for things anyway. Most of that stuff will be already taken care of on my car by Reading I'm sure.(With hands clenched in prayer to the car gods)

TomsSVX
03-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I would need an air compressor to do the bearings...

Tom

strange179
03-23-2006, 10:30 AM
OK,
Being new to the Reading meet I have a couple questions concerning tech sessions. What sort of facilities are available? Are we talking about a paved parking lot or a dirt area? I don't assume there are any garage type facilities available. Is there power available? If we're outside at a hotel are they going to be OK with us tearing apart cars in their lot? We'll also have to be very careful not to spill things (oil, coolant, ATF, etc.) on their lot so fluid catch containers are important if any job would potentially leak stuff.

I'd be willing to help people out with tech jobs they want to do or learn how to do as well. I can bring a good but simple assortment of tools that will get most any job done on the SVX. I also have a set or two of ramps and a floor jack that could come if needed. Although, the jack is really heavy and the ramps are big so if I don't have to bring them I won't.

Jay

svxcess
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
OK,
Being new to the Reading meet I have a couple questions concerning tech sessions. What sort of facilities are available? Are we talking about a paved parking lot or a dirt area? I don't assume there are any garage type facilities available. Is there power available? If we're outside at a hotel are they going to be OK with us tearing apart cars in their lot? We'll also have to be very careful not to spill things (oil, coolant, ATF, etc.) on their lot so fluid catch containers are important if any job would potentially leak stuff.

I'd be willing to help people out with tech jobs they want to do or learn how to do as well. I can bring a good but simple assortment of tools that will get most any job done on the SVX. I also have a set or two of ramps and a floor jack that could come if needed. Although, the jack is really heavy and the ramps are big so if I don't have to bring them I won't.

Jay

Quick answers to all your questions:

Paved parking lot, no garage or covered facilities, no power available (unless you need outlets for rechargable tools).

We would do this kind of stuff at the far end of the property, away from parking. We have done simple stuff before (brake pad/rotor replacement, power steering O-rings, etc) but nothing that involved a lot of mess. I don't think a tranny drain/fill, oil changes or a radiator flush will be on the agenda.

I don't think we will need the ramps for whatever is planned. A lot of members (especially the autocrossers) have the lightweight aluminum racing jacks which don't take up much room. See if one of them can bring one.

In the past, either hotel never seemed to have a problem with these sessions. We are a responsible, well-behaved, respectful and desirable group in their eyes, and will do a lot to keep our business.

Maybe one or two cars may be worked on at the same time and as long as we are not a hinderance to the rest of the hotels guests, they don't seem to care.

TomsSVX
03-23-2006, 05:09 PM
We will be keeping it clean and simple. Axle replacement seems to be the big thing on the agenda. If I don't have time before then I may be doing my SS brake lines and new rotors at reading just because it will be some of my only time off for a while

Tom

Budfreak
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
I've got a good one.;) Svxfiles will be bringing my Magnaflow muffler pre- fabbed and ready to be bolted up and I also need to have my F&R energy suspension sway bar bushings installed.:cool::D

TomsSVX
04-04-2006, 02:59 PM
this is the thing... We can HELP you install them but you will be doing the work for the most part...

Tom

Budfreak
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd just need help putting up the muffler and doing the front bushings. I have kind of limited mobility in one hand from surgery a few months ago that I'm still recovering from, But if not for that I would have already done all this by now.

TomsSVX
04-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Looks like I will add another event to the list. I will be doing my brakes at reading since I do not forsee myself having enough free time to do them before then:rolleyes: So if you want to know how to install new rotors, pads, and stainless lines. Stop by my car while I am doing them...

Tom

svxfiles
04-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Looks like I will add another event to the list. I will be doing my brakes at reading since I do not forsee myself having enough free time to do them before then:rolleyes: So if you want to know how to install new rotors, pads, and stainless lines. Stop by my car while I am doing them...

Tom
Hey Tom, if you have 17s,,,,,,:D
Just messen:D

TomsSVX
04-10-2006, 12:01 PM
we doin this again Tom???:D :D . BTW looks like I will be staying N/A for reading. I need to swap exhausts and I don't see it happening in time

Tom

Hocrest
04-18-2006, 05:39 PM
If anyone needs to borrow, I'll be bringing;
Ramps (x4)
Jack Stands (x6)
3 Ton Floor Jack

If I knew there would be an outlet available, I'd bring my compressor, hoses and air tools...

TomsSVX
04-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I can bring my 2 100ft extension cords if necessary. I am sure we can find an outlet somewhere

Tom

SSSVX
04-19-2006, 01:33 AM
Just wonder if there're any stores like Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone nearby the Reading Meet location...?

LarryIII
04-19-2006, 04:32 AM
Friday afternoon I'll be giving a tech session on the proper way to eat canolli. Do you lick the cream out? Do you suck the cream out? Do you bite down on the crunchy shell? Or do you just inhale it and wolf it down? Also what is the correct apperitif to sip with Italian pastry in the afternoon?

This is important stuff. You never know when you'll be appearing on TV as the next elible bachelor competing for big prize money. You don't want to be sent packing early because of powered sugar on your ...........:D

See you all at READING VII

Hocrest
04-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Just wonder if there're any stores like Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone nearby the Reading Meet location...?
There is a Napa in town.

svxcess
04-19-2006, 06:46 AM
I believe the proper way is this::rolleyes:

1. Stand facing your partner, wife, etc.

2. Holding your cannoli in the horizontal position, stick your tongue into one end and push the cream out of the other end. Your partner is eagerly waiting, with open mouth to receive it.

3. Continue pushing into the cannoli with your tongue, forcing out as much cream as you can, until your tongue emerges out the other end. Your partner licks whatever cream is left on the tip of your tongue.

4. Then she grabs the empty cannoli shell with her teeth and pulls it off of your tongue. She can then eat it or share it with you.

Then it is her turn to repeat the above procedure for your enjoyment. Usually once is enough. It puts a strain on your tongue and you want to save it for a better use later (Like sitting in the bar enjoying a glass of Amarone and licking your eyebrows when an attractive female walks by) :D

rvnmaniac
04-19-2006, 09:22 AM
There is a Napa in town.
Where exactly will these Tech sessions be held?

LarryIII
04-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Henry,

The tech sessions are usually held in the side parking lot of the Holiday Inn.

John,

I hope Trish is coming to this year's meet. If she is, I'll resereve 1/2 dozen canolli for you both so you can demonstarte the technique; but I want to take the pictures.

TomsSVX
04-19-2006, 11:44 AM
good to hear about the NAPA, I need to buy another t off for my fuel solenoid. Line burst on me the other day and dumped 3 gallons of gas onto the exhaust...:o

Tech sessions will be held somewhere away from the hotel in order not to cause any issues with the hotel. They will be performed under tents as it looks like we may have some weather. I will be bringing a lot of extension cord so hoepfuylly we will be able to get power from somewhere

Tom

svxfiles
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Where exactly will these Tech sessions be held?

If anyone has a room on the first floor, with a sliding glass door, at least
69.8" wide, In have an idea!:eek: ;)

Budfreak
04-19-2006, 01:01 PM
If anyone has a room on the first floor, with a sliding glass door, at least
69.8" wide, In have an idea!:eek: ;)

:eek::D:eek: That is brilliant!:rolleyes::D