PDA

View Full Version : Would a t-61 be a good turbo?

svxsubaru1
03-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Ive been looking at some compressor maps and it looks like the t4/t61 would be a pretty good choice for around 6-12PSI and it would have a lot of potential left in it, with a very large exhaust a/r to reduce exhaust temps (.84, or even 1.15AR). Do you think the 1.15 AR would be to large and give completly ****ty spool?. Its a twin scroll which would be nice to reduce lag. Any other recomended turbos that are fairly cheap and what do you think about this one?
Thanks
http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/glossary/turbo_calc.shtml

Phast SVX
03-06-2006, 10:28 PM
definetly would not be my turbo of choice.

Ill be upgrading to a GT35R in the future... perfect turbo
phil

svxsubaru1
03-06-2006, 10:48 PM
just wondering why do you say that? I know the gt35r is agreat turbo but the t61 seems to have a pretty similar compresor map to it.

Phast SVX
03-06-2006, 10:54 PM
just wondering why do you say that? I know the gt35r is agreat turbo but the t61 seems to have a pretty similar compresor map to it.

well it would take a long time to spool(well, longer). It would work just fine, but for low boost id stick to a smaller turbo, so you get the midrange power. I know my compressor is off the efficency chart by 5600rpm, but i dont feel the heat soak as bad as you would htink just looking through compressor maps.

Chiketkd
03-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I'd agree with Phil. The GT35R would be a good 'snail' for the 3.3L EG33. If you go through the trouble of turbo-charging an SVX, might as well get a turbo that will provide the best performance over the entire rev band... :)