PDA

View Full Version : New England SVX Meet #2

red95svx
03-18-2002, 07:00 PM
I am currently working on plans for the second NESVX meet. I have permission to hold the meet at Tri-State Subaru in Webster, MA (just off of Rt. 395). They will provide refreshments, and they have a Senior Master Subaru Technician that may be available to talk to us about the SVX and answer any questions we may have (I haven't talked to him yet, but chances are very good he will agree to do it). Afterward we can drive to Webster Lake for photos of our beauties, and maybe take a spin through the back roads of Charlton and make a stop at Dresser Hill farms for lunch/ice cream. The tentative date is June. Anyone who is interested please contact me (David) at skyhawkflyer1@aol.com or red95svx@yahoo.com.

wasions
03-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the Network, red95svx!

Second meet? This is your first post? I'm confused. :confused:

Okay, MA is like, Massachusettes, right? Hmmm. Too close to the 10-yr Anniversary meet for me. Speaking of which - have you signed up yet?

Post early, post often.

alacrity024
03-19-2002, 12:56 PM
David-

It goes without saying, but count me in. Free refreshments, eh? whoo-ah!! heh.. just be sure to cock 'dem wheels!

-Adam

red95svx
03-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Steve,

I also post on the yahoo site. That is mainly where the first meet was planned.

Adam,
Rock on. Had a blast on Sat. I'll keep you updated on the second meet......meanwhile if you're ever near Worcester give me a call.

David

p.s Thanks for blurring out my license plate!

red95svx
03-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Good news! Tri-State Subaru in Webster, Ma. has agreed to hold a SVX meet on May 4, 2002. The time is still pending, but it will most likely start around noon. The dealership has offered to serve refreshments (snacks, drinks,etc.) AND they will be having a barbeque for us (hot dogs, hamburgers). This is all FREE of charge to us. They have also agreed to have their Senior Master Subaru Technician there. I used to work with this guy and can tell you from first hand experience that he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about ALL Subaru's. He will give us a technical overview of the SVX followed by a question and answer period. We might be able to have a hands-on session with an SVX out in the lot, but this has not been confirmed yet (we can't have it inside for insurance reasons). Afterwards we can visit Webster Lake for some photos, take a spin through the back roads of Dudley, Oxford, and Charlton, and end the day at Dresser Hills Farms for some home made ice cream. Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you don't own an SVX. If you are interested please contact me (David) at red95svx@yahoo.com or skyhawkflyer1@aol.com. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!

alacrity024
03-28-2002, 05:11 PM
David-

This sounds great! It'll be awesome to get some definitive answers about my svx (like "what does that little 'power' light mean?" and "how many twin-turbo svx's did they make?") and free food is always a plus. I'm totally stoked and can hardly contain myself. I'll see if Nick wants to bring the pacer again :D

-Adam

DWayne2910
03-28-2002, 09:46 PM
David:
Lake Webster? That the same as Lake Chargaug-gagaug-manchaugagaug-chabungamungamaug?
Dan

red95svx
03-30-2002, 08:55 AM
OK. The meet at Tri-State Subaru (see previous posts) is going to be held on May 4, 2002 from 12-4 (or whenever we decide to leave). The dealership has asked me to tell everyone two things:

1) The parts department is selling off a TON of parts for older Subaru's at HUGE discounts. They need the room for newer parts.

2) The Senior Master Tech will be available to answer questions for about one hour. We might be able to have a discussion in the shop where an SVX will be available for a hands-on display. If so, the tech will demonstrate some routine maintenance and/or repairs. If not, the discussion will either be held outside if the weather is nice, or in the dealers main lobby if it's raining. The tech CAN NOT test drive any vehicles. He CAN NOT put anyone's car on the lift. He CAN NOT do any work to any vehicle, unless you are willing to pay for it. This is due to insurance/liability reasons. He will gladly answer any questions we have, and demonsrate things using the display SVX. He is a VERY smart man.....let's see if we can stump him!!!

Tri-State will also provide free food (snacks, drinks, and a BBQ) and they are thinking about having a raffle for prizes. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Again, EVERYONE is welcome to attend, even if you don't own an SVX (but are a big fan!). Hope to see you there!

David

jscorse
04-02-2002, 04:59 AM
David,
GREAT JOB! This is going to be great! I hope we can muster some support to get as many people there as possible.

I went up for an hour last Saterday. The weather was just clearing and I had only one hour left in my slot. I just buzzed around Mt. Wachusett and shot some nice x-wind T/G's at FIT.

jscorse
04-23-2002, 05:07 AM
OK,
I've made a list and its GROWING!! WHo HOOO!

I've getting excited.

and now the list.....

1 - David (red95svx) {ORGANIZER}
2 - Adam (alacrity024)
3 - Dave (boone)
4 - me (jscorsesvx) {POST a lot}
5 - Kathy (eprintsos) ...maybe
6 - Jack (satana)
7 - shadowyng
8 - DWayne2910
9 - Szalkerous
10 - BoominSVX
11 - Green95hoe ?

I wonder where the following are:

Jim Cassin
Jeff (svxtreme), Newton, MA
Justin (strange179), Rochester, NH
Nat and Robert Watertown, MA
Wes (ttukppokki) Hanscom, MA (remember him?)

I WILL find you.... :)

nubs
04-23-2002, 01:27 PM
You may be able to find Jim Cassin,but he has sold his SVX.:(

red95svx
04-23-2002, 04:30 PM
To all who are attending the NE MEET:

This seems to be turning out pretty well. Keep up the good work hunting down SVX'S! I am trying to contact two other suby's I have seen around town, so hopefully we can add at least two more to the list. I also have at least 5 people who don't own an SVX, but are going anyway (I'm hoping that we can share our cars and maybe let them tag along as passengers on our drive......I understand that not everyone will like this idea so we'll see what happens. Maybe they'll just tag along in their own cars).

I have some news on the meet. I am still working out a drive for us to take, and I'm trying to get the dealership to give me a specific time that we can chat with the Master Tech. I am also working on some door prizes for us.........maybe a free oil change and tire rotation, or a tranny service or coolant flush....something like that. But, if you live an hour away this might not be such a good prize. So I might also have a gift certificate for a restaurant, Best Buy....etc. to chose from if you win. Or maybe a couple of cases of synthetic oil or something. I'll let you know.

I think that covers it for now. I would love to see at least 10 of us there, so even if you can't make the 12pm start come anyway! Chances are we'll be at the dealership for a while before heading out on our drive.

Can't wait!!!
David

Green95hoe
04-23-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by jscorse
OK,
I've made a list and its GROWING!! WHo HOOO!

I've getting excited.

and now the list.....

2 - Adam (alacrity024)
3 - Dave (boone)
4 - me (jscorsesvx) {POST a lot}
5 - Kathy (eprintsos) ...maybe
6 - Jack (satana)
7 - shadowyng
8 - DWayne2910
9 - Szalkerous
10 - BoominSVX
11 - Green95hoe ?

I wonder where the following are:

Jim Cassin
Jeff (svxtreme), Newton, MA
Justin (strange179), Rochester, NH
Nat and Robert Watertown, MA
Wes (ttukppokki) Hanscom, MA (remember him?)

I WILL find you.... :)

I see youve added me to the list, just to let you guys know I do Not have an svx but my brother (BoominSVX) does and I am into his car because it is fast as a mofo.. Im not sure you guys would want a Big Chevy Monster Truck rolling in and parking next to a bunch or cars half its size but if that what you want let me know and count me in... Ill be there to support my bro and chill:D

jscorse
04-24-2002, 04:53 AM
Hey, great to hear David is on the war path to make this happen. Wow door prizes, great drive, BBQ I'm so excited I can't wait. Thank you so much Dave.

I sent personal emails to a few of the "wonder where these people are" list. I got personal email back from each one. They can't make it, but I did get a nice reply from each. Seems Justin's (svxtreme) SVX has been dead since the last NE meet. Wow! that's a long time. He needs a new front diff and some stuff.

As far as tag alongs I have no problem with that. My car will be full though (two kiddy seats), so I guess my vote doesn't count.

Green95hoe, my vote is SURE com'on along. I think monster trucks are cool as well. Can't say much for the ride, but the view is great. Almost like flying. Actually, I suppose the ride is similar as well. :)

I have a friend at work who is always threatening to drive over my 'speed bump'. ..... IF only he could CATCH me... :D

red95svx
04-24-2002, 09:25 AM
Jeff,

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I 've been very busy. I read that you sent me some e-mail, but I can't check my AOL mail at the moment. If you could resend it to my yahoo account I would be very grateful.

This is going to be a great meet! I have a few little details I have to take care of, but other than that we should be all set. I have to work that morning, so I probably will not get there until 11:30........just in case we have some early arrivals.

If anyone has FRS two way radios......bring them. We used them at the first NE meet and it helped make sure that no one got too far behind (or lost) on the drive. I have a few to use, but it would be cool if every car had one.

I have to go......I'll write more later.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David

jscorse
04-24-2002, 09:29 AM
Ya, I understand busy. No problem.

I have a pair of radios that I will bring.

This is great!

Again, thanks for all your work.

My email was just a call out to see what's happenin'.

I'll be there around 11:30 then as well.

See ya next Saterday.

Oh ya..what are you doing THIS Saturday?

- Jeff

SVXPassenger143
04-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Well, if my guy hasn't already heard, which I am pretty damn sure he did. I'll tell him and we'll be there! So count us in!

red95svx
04-25-2002, 04:58 AM
Jeff,

Checked my AOL mail. If you haven't read my response yet, I would love to go if I didn't have to work:(

Sunday or Monday perhaps?

p.s. you're welcome.

jscorse
04-25-2002, 04:58 AM
<<Well, if my guy hasn't already heard >>
Seeing as you are also from Taunton I assume you are refering to BoominSVX.

He knows.

Hopefully he'll bring his brother with the MONSTER truck.

jscorse
04-25-2002, 05:04 AM
I forgot you work Sat. That stinks. For now it looks like VERY cloudy this Sat and I've got the plane from 9-4. Figures.

We'll have to try and hook up another weekend. We can discuss at the meet.

I think I'm all used up for this month assuming I can fly Sat. If not I will try to reserve a Sunday instead, then we can plan a mini- fly-in somewhere.

I want to see if I can arrange to go to Oshkosh this year with my dad. If I can get him to come out here and get me (he's in Rochester NY).

- Jeff

red95svx
04-25-2002, 05:13 AM
I spoke to the dealership yesterday and they agreed to have several raffles for us. One of them will be for gift certificates for Tri-State Subaru (good for service and/or parts.....sorry for those of you that live far away). The others will be for various things such as synthetic oil, car wax, stuff like that. I'm also working on getting some small gifts for EVERY SVX that shows up, so I'm going to need an accurate count within the next few days (this is not definite.....but I'm trying!).

So far the day looks like this:

12-1 arrivals/BBQ
1-2 session with Master Tech
2-3/3:30 drive/photo ops
3/3:30-4 return to dealer/goodbyes

I will post directions to the dealership as well as the"final" plan in a day or two.

David

jscorse
04-25-2002, 05:53 AM
Great job David!

Nice and short and sweet. This will be a good day for the family.

BBQ, Tech meeting, drive, meet. Perfect plan.

I see...the following confirmed.

2 - Adam (alacrity024)
3 - Dave (boone)
4 - Jeff (jscorsesvx)
5 - Jack (satana)
6 - shadowyng (need to check again, he's outta town)
7 - DWayne2910
8 - Szalkerous
9 - BoominSVX
10 - Green95hoe (monster truck)

Can we coerce any other out of towners??????

- Jeff

alacrity024
04-25-2002, 07:35 AM
This is looking totally sweet. Sorry I haven't been posting much, work suddenly got VERY busy for a few weeks. I have a friend named Ziggy with a beat-up '92 that might come along.. so throw him down as a tentative :D

-adam

red95svx
04-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that I'm meeting with the Service Manager of Tri-State today (who happens to be my father....don't you just love connections?) to work out the final details of next weeks meet.

Also, I FINALLY caught up with one of the other SVX owners in my area (there are THREE of us with red SVX's around here....what are the odds????). Anyway, it turns out that he bought his new in 94 (L 2WD) and he is crazy about it! He would love to come to the meet, but is unsure if he will. He had seats that I had never seen before. They were all cloth. So, for those of you at the first NE meet that laughed at my cloth and fake leather trimmed seats, you now have someone new to pick on:)

I still have not managed to get a hold of the other red SVX I've seen around. I will continue trying though!!!!!

I will post again tonight.

David

BoominSVX
04-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Cloth Seats??? in a red SVX???, that's different. There must be a few good sides to having cloth though. You back doesn't sweat in the heat. the seat isn't cold when you first get in it durng the winter, and your clothes will hold you from sliding all around the seat when you turn a corner. I won't poke fun at cloth, but I think the looks of the SVX takes the leather in the best.:D

red95svx
04-28-2002, 09:11 PM
Gather 'round folks.....here is the latest scoop on the meet.

As of right now, the meet will roughly follow this outline:

12-1:30 Arrivals/BBQ

1:30-3:00 Drive/ Photo Ops

3:00-4:00 Tech Session/Goodbyes

The times are approximate and may change, but probably not by much.

The tech session will be held outdoors and will be a question and answer/discussion period (sorry, we can't have it in the shop). Please bring ANY questions you may have about this wonderful machine.......the tech is VERY smart. This will be an excellent chance to ask about synthetic tranny fluid (which he doesn't recommend), driving in "D" versus driving in "3"....etc.

Also, there is a rumour that as many as 10 WRX owners will attend. I guess that they want to check out the one Subaru that's better than theirs:) If this is true, than we could have quite a turnout as far as people are concerned. However, I would like to point out that only people that show up in an SVX are eligible for any of the prizes.

It's late and I must be off. I will return in a day or two with more info.

David:)

jscorse
04-29-2002, 04:24 AM
Your FATHER is a genuine Subaru service rep. The rest of us better go easy on the rep. jokes around here. :D

I'd love to take a WRX for a spin.

red95svx
04-30-2002, 04:57 PM
The NE MEET will be held May 4th 12-4 at Tri-State Subaru located at 7 Sutton Rd. in Webster MA (basically at the intersection of Rt. 16 and Rt. 395).

FROM THE NORTH:
You'll need to get onto Rt. 290 West. In Auburn, Rt. 290 West turns into Rt. 395 South. Follow Rt. 395 South to Webster. Take exit #3. Take a left at the end of the exit. Tri-State Subaru is about a mile down the road on your right.

FROM THE SOUTH:
Take Rt. 395 North to Webster. Take exit #2. Go straight at end of exit (you'll be crossing Rt. 16). Tri-State Subaru is on your left after you cross the road (you'll see it when you're on the exit ramp).

FROM THE EAST/WEST:
Take the Mass Pike to the Worcester/Auburn exit (#10?). Follow the signs for Rt. 395 South (after the toll booth you will need to bear left twice, then bear right once). Follow Rt. 395 South to Wesbter. Take exit #3. Take a left at the end of the exit. Tri-State Subaru is about a mile down the road on your right.

There will be someone at the end of Tri-State's driveway to greet everyone and to hand out raffle tickets to those of you that show up in an SVX. In case you get lost, the number to the dealership is (508) 943-7070, or you can call my cell phone at (917) 375-9161.

Please call or e-mail me if you have any questions.
Hope to see you all there!

David

BoominSVX
04-30-2002, 05:25 PM
this thread got way out of line, thanks for putting us back in. I am sure the directions will be very usefull (if I go), Hoe boy up there has gotten me very adjitated. I hope to see you there. Thanks

Boomin<---- I just gotta breath for a few mins...:o

Aredubjay
04-30-2002, 09:15 PM
I have removed some posts that were reported to me as offensive.

This is the first time I've had posts "reported" so deemed it an appropriate action dispite my usual leniency. It's the first time I've ever had to delete posts.

I would hope we wouldn't have to worry about another "outbreak" of this kind. Okay guys? Let's keep this place civil, and our personal squabbles, personal. Thank you.

I believe you owe the Northeast contingient an apology for mucking up their organizational thread.

Green95hoe
04-30-2002, 10:07 PM
Ok ok, Ill think ill be the bigger man and apologise first.. Sorry guys,, one too many bad days at work and not enough sleep I guess... (13 Hour work days suk) Anyways back on track cant wait till this saturday... Gonna be cool seeing a bunch of people get together just to share the love for their vehicles... Too bad Ill use two tanks of gas making the trip but im sure it will be worth it.. Maybe I can learn a mod or two that might work on my Truck.. Who knows.. We will See Saturday,, See ya then guys,,, Sorry Boomin(Bro).. I guess we both need to grow up sometimes.:rolleyes: Im goin to bed, start work early as usual tomorrow

BoominSVX
05-01-2002, 02:16 AM
Hey guys, I don't know how many people read that thread before it was deleted, hopefully not many. I am sure that if you were following it and got my last post, you know that I was not a happy lil camper last night. I just do not appreciate green95hoe's comments on such things that he has no knowledge of. Anyway, I am, still looking forward to this meet, and I am sorry that the thread got out of line. I have to be in canton at 10 on sat, so I may be there at 12:30ish instead of 12. We will see as time goes by. Hope to see you all there. As for you hoe boy, I will let it slide this time, just watch yourself.

Boomin<--- waves his white flag in the air once again,
Green95hoe<---- complies and ends the war.

The battlefield was then bulldozed and turned into a sub development. :(

jscorse
05-01-2002, 04:15 AM
I can't wait for this meet.... I think I 'm gonna cry. ;)

Green95hoe
05-01-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by BoominSVX
.....The battlefield was then bulldozed and turned into a sub development. :(

lol, just like every other piece of land here in Taunton, it all eventually becomes a subdevelopment:mad:

I can see it now

The hoe is tearing up the gravel piles and green grass doing lawn jobs and the SVX is busy spinning in circles in the cul-de-sac while boomin tries to see how fast he can go without sliding out of control:D :D :D :D Nice:cool:

Aredubjay
05-01-2002, 08:14 AM
Boomin & Hoe,
Thank you for your response and your future "control" over your needs to vent. Enjoy the meet. I only wish I could be there.:(

TapperManor
05-01-2002, 10:07 AM
Hi fellow NE SVXers,

Just wanted you to know that you can count me in for the Webster meet this saturday. I am 99% sure I will make the trip from VT, I just may need to leave early to get back for my sat pm plans. I have had mine a couple of months and am anxious to knock heads with other owners.

David, good job putting this all together.
Adam, I drive through Keene every few weeks, and have been keepin an eye out for ya.
(and occasionally listen to WKNE)

Anyway,
See ya all there.

Ken

Green95hoe
05-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by TapperManor
Hi fellow NE SVXers,

Just wanted you to know that you can count me in for the Webster meet this saturday. I am 99% sure I will make the trip from VT, I just may need to leave early to get back for my sat pm plans. I have had mine a couple of months and am anxious to knock heads with other owners.

David, good job putting this all together.
Adam, I drive through Keene every few weeks, and have been keepin an eye out for ya.
(and occasionally listen to WKNE)

Anyway,
See ya all there.

Ken

Hey Tapper, I was in Ludlow this past weekend, my buddy goes to college at Castleton and skiis for the U.S. ski team at Okemo... We partied all weekend and threw the keg in the back of my truck and drove from Castleton to Ludlow and then Springfield before going back.. What fun.... I had an SVX sighting on my way home too but I dont rtemember where... SOmewhere near Keene I think

jscorse
05-01-2002, 10:57 AM
You all from VT and S. NH will be driving right by my place in Leominster. I live very near the intersection of 190 and 2.

I have two radios to bring along. Should we all decide on channel....5?

Maybe we can hook up for the trip down to Webstah, what'd think?

Green95hoe
05-01-2002, 11:09 AM
These radios you guys are talkiong about, are they CB's or those blue walkie talkie type things they sell at walmart?? EIther way Ive got both but neither will work until im within a mile or anyone

jscorse
05-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Yup. About a mile is right. Most are Motorola. They use the FRS (Family Radio Spectrum, I think) frequency band.

Green95hoe
05-01-2002, 11:17 AM
K, channel five is fine with me... I think one of us is gonna have to round up all the info about this weekend and post it here closer to the end of the week... This is gonna be cool, too bad I wont fit in my truck. gonna look out of place:rolleyes:

red95svx
05-01-2002, 01:33 PM
This is getting better all the time!

Ken! Welcome aboard! Glad to hear that you might make it this Saturday! This is going to be great!

David

p.s. are you really giving away an XT? I used to own one and want to buy another to beat on in the winter.......

BoominSVX
05-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Brad, If you have two of the radioes, toss me one. I could use it if we get seperated at some point cause my cell phone just got shut off. Grab two of them if you can so we can figure things out on the way up, and hopefully start talking to people before we get there.

Oh the excitememnt builds so quickly doesn't it.

alacrity024
05-01-2002, 04:07 PM
this is so cool!!!!!

My brakes have arrived from ART and I'll be up late friday night bolting them up. I'm planning to break them in sometime around 11pm on friday night and then hopefully I'll be good to go (and stop) on saturday. I still need a tie rod and an alignment, but I'm thinking about waiting until after I've had my chance to win some service or parts from the dealership before I spring for the rod & alignment. Jack, let's meet somewhere along the way.. email me at alacrity024@yahoo.com and we'll figure out details. I'll be coming from......rindge. I can get myself to 119, 2, 190 or 290..

Can't Wait

-Adam

Green95hoe
05-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BoominSVX
Brad, If you have two of the radioes, toss me one. I could use it if we get seperated at some point cause my cell phone just got shut off. Grab two of them if you can so we can figure things out on the way up, and hopefully start talking to people before we get there.

Oh the excitememnt builds so quickly doesn't it.

Sorry Bro, only got one,, but if you can find another CB then you can talk to me but that wont get you anywhere with the rest of the SVX guys.... Maybe not worth it any because you gotta pretty much be on their doorstep to be within range....

BoominSVX
05-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Bahhh, I will just borrow the pop duke's hand held CB, that way we can talk if we have to on the way up. I don't know who is going to lead, but if you are going to miss an exit, I'm not gonna fly up and around you to divert you into it. We will just put the cb's on channel 5 and go from there.

jscorse
05-02-2002, 04:32 AM
<<Jack, let's meet somewhere along the way.. email me at alacrity024@yahoo.com and we'll figure out details. I'll be coming from......rindge. I can get myself to 119, 2, 190 or 290.. >>

Adam,
was that reply to me? I'm Jeff. Jack (santana) will be coming from the South I thought, though to be honest I can't remember where he's from.

Channel 5 is it.

To arrive at Webster by noon I'll be hitting 190S from Leominster around 11am. It's 38 miles south from my place. Mapquest says 42 minutes, but I know I can do it in 35 minutes. :D

This is gonna be great. We have so many 'new' people here now.

Green95hoe
05-02-2002, 08:17 AM
weather is looking pretty good for sat as well. Too bad today is crappy out:(

jscorse
05-02-2002, 08:33 AM
ya...I know. I'm gonna have to clean her up Sat. morning...

alacrity024
05-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Jeff-

Yeah, sorry, I get you & Jack confused.. you know, four letter monosyllabic names that start with J and all.. anyway let's hook up somewhere along the way. Nothing in the world is more beautiful than an SVX at speed... except TWO SVX's at speed :)

-Adam

Aredubjay
05-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by alacrity024
Jeff-

Yeah, sorry, I get you & Jack confused.. you know, four letter monosyllabic names that start with J and all.. anyway let's hook up somewhere along the way. Nothing in the world is more beautiful than an SVX at speed... except TWO SVX's at speed :)

-Adam

Or 30+ at speed. :D

(Trying to fan the flames to increase the numbers :) )

TapperManor
05-03-2002, 12:20 PM
I'm excited about the meet tomorrow!!!!!!

Hoe-- Its a small world, pretty cool you were in Ludlow this past weekend. Have you ever been skiing at Okemo?

Jeff-- It would be cool to hook up for the drive down......I'm just not sure when I'll pass through your neck of the woods.......so I'll see you down there! (ps I don't have a radio)

David-- You can really take the XT, the wife says its gotta go! It ran when i parked it a couple of years ago. But it has its problems..leaking gas lines and tank, nonexistant muffler, interior OK and looks pretty good. This car rocked in the snow, I could go anywhere. I just sold my XT6 to buy my SVX. I really, really liked the XT6, but am very happy with my upgrade to my SVX.

Adam-- Good luck fixin your brakes!

--------------------------------------------

See ya'all there
Ken

jscorse
05-03-2002, 12:26 PM
<<Jeff-- It would be cool to hook up for the drive down......I'm just not sure when I'll pass through your neck of the woods.......so I'll see you down there! (ps I don't have a radio)>>

Ken,

Check you email that I just sent you

Jeff

TapperManor
05-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanks Jeff!

See ya tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by jscorse
<<Jeff-- It would be cool to hook up for the drive down......I'm just not sure when I'll pass through your neck of the woods.......so I'll see you down there! (ps I don't have a radio)>>

Ken,

Check you email that I just sent you

Jeff

red95svx
05-03-2002, 09:16 PM
Gentlemen, start your engines!!

It looks like we're going to have a beautiful day for tomorrow's meet!

I will probably be there at 11:00 in case any of you show up early. I will have someone at the entrance to the dealership to hand out raffle tickets to every SVX as they arrive. Please stop and pick one up. As far as I know, there are 3 raffles: A gift certificate to the dealership, a detailing kit (car wash, wax, tire gloss, etc.), and 7 quarts of Mobile 1 10w30 and a filter. The raffles will be held just before we leave.

A quick overview:

12-1:30 Arrivals/BBQ

1:30-3:00 Drive/ Photo Ops

3:00-4:00 Tech Session/Raffles/Goodbyes

The times are approximate and may change.

Please refer to previous posts for directions. Should you become lost or have any other problem, or if you just have a question feel free to call the dealership at (508) 943-7070, or call me at (917) 375-9161. I will have my cell phone on all day.

Can't wait to see you all!!!!!

David

alacrity024
05-04-2002, 04:00 PM
This past week has been the best of my life for a slew of reasons, and this was the perfect way to end it. I would like to thank David and his father for making it possible for us all to eat great food and talk to intelligent people while oogling each others' cars. Everything worked out fantastically and on top of it all, I got to take a WRX for a REAL test drive. WOW. I'll actually start a thread on my new WRX opinions sometime soon..

Again thanks to everyone involved..

Jeff I'm glad I got a chance to meet your wonderful family, and I wish you all the best. Ken I'm sorry, but you didn't win anything. Mike, your girlfriend's hot, but not as hot as your car. And David, I hope to catch up with you soon, but remember, it's not a race.

-Adam

BoominSVX
05-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Well, I would say that today was a day god made for me. I started it off with passing my test, and becoming a licensed engineer, Right after, I took the drive from the place I took the test straight to heaven. I don't know if any of you had a video camera with you, but brad defintely got some great shots. I am sure he will send them out. After everything that went on today, I have come to the conclusion that I was destined for my car. I bought it from a guy one and a half years after I saw it because he kept my BURGER KING NAPKIN. I told him I would take it even before I saw it because I knew it was an SVX and that was enough. I have not had any problems with it, and now I know why. What are the odds that the man (Jerry) whom worked on my car since day one for the origional owner, would be at the dealership and just happen to be the main tech, just happened to say the owners location of home, and just happen to remember his name so quickly, would soon find out that the car he spoke of was now under new management. MINE!!! YAY!!!
From what I hear that car has been perfectly maintained, and I intend to keep it up. One person who helped me out today, (you know who you are), made it even easier. I have not had such a great day for years. Thank you guys. It was great. As far as my girlfriend being hotter than my car, I don't think there is any comparison. They both, however, keep me alive. Neither is better than the other, and I hope you guys didn't mind her being there. Lastly, there were two people who helped me out major today. One of them lent me the radio. I tried to give it back but my bro started cryin like a baby, and I did the best I could. The radio is at the dealership in the office. If you didn't get it, tell me and I will call them and figure it all out. The second person gave me something towards the end of the meet to help me with that naughty ticking in the engine. Shortly after we talked about the rattling in the exhaust when you shut the trunk. Both of you, please either PM me or send me an e-mail at cb125boy@aol.com so I can tell you how I will repay you. I'll explain when I hear from you. Thanks guys, but I gotta go get my girl so I'll be on tonight. Later :D

Boone
05-04-2002, 07:09 PM
A fine day indeed..... :D

red95svx
05-05-2002, 11:05 AM
The Webster Meet was a success!

First of all I want to apologize for leaving so abruptly yesterday. Adam (alacrity024) and I got to trest drive a WRX and we didn't think that everyone would leave while we were gone (Adam....I'm still smiling thinking about those corners we took!!!YEEEHAWW!!)

Thank you all for showing up. I had a blast! Perfect weather, good food, great people, nice drive, awesome cars=ONE DAMN FINE DAY!

Boomin' - you're welcome for the radio, check your PM's.
Jack - good to see you again. May your second tranny last longer than your first.
Jeff - very nice to meet you and your family. Hope to see you in a plane next time!
Adam - thank you for that very gooey test drive. I hope your pants are ok. I now realize that there is NO way I could ever beat a WRX.
Ken - thanks for driving all that way. It was nice talking to you. If you haven't heard yet, you didn't win:( (can I still have the XT?)
Boone - thank you for coming. I wish I had that leather!!!
Dan - thanks for bringing the only pearly. Those horns are cool!

Thanks again for a GREAT day!!

David

SVXPassenger143
05-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Yesterday was totally awsum! I had a blast! It was pretty sweet to see all those SVX's all lined up, and of course the Tahoe in the back of the line. :D Unfortunately Mike and I dont get our pictures back until Monday, but I am sure that they will be posted for all to see. Cant wait to see how everybody elses pictues came out. We are going to have to start a few new threads to share them with everbody. Have a good rest of the week everybody....

Boone
05-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Boone
A fine day indeed..... :D

I put up a few pics in my locker. I was using a new camera, dang new fangled gadget, and that rap music....err, that's something else. :p I'll be looking for better pics. B.

I added a few more... anything for a XO. :eek:

SVXPassenger143
05-05-2002, 04:44 PM
I definitally liked Boone's pics. My favorite was the one that you titled "tails". Cant wait to see the others!
XO
Niki

TapperManor
05-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi All,

What a great day! It was nice meeting, eating, talking, hanging,........ with everyone!

I posted pics to a URL I'm not useing at the moment. ( I do web site hosting/design) The first page may take a while to download if you have a dial up connection.

http://macsdeli.com

Enjoy!

Ken

http://macsdeli.com

DWayne2910
05-05-2002, 09:40 PM
David:
Thanks for putting together agreat meet/tour. I've been on the VT tour and two at Reading, and this one ranked right up there with the rest of them for fun factor. A lot of that had to do with the great group of people and cars that showed up at Tri-State.
It was nice meeting/seeing you all. Speaking of Tri-State, special thanks to all the folks there for their hospitality and the tech session, which really made an already great day even better.
Dan W.

DWayne2910
05-05-2002, 10:08 PM
Ken-
Great pix...really artistic.
Dan W.

Boone
05-05-2002, 11:42 PM
Thanks Ken, great pics... :D

jscorse
05-06-2002, 05:15 AM
We had a great time.

Great pictures. I'll get mine up soon.

Jeezz Boone, did you HAVE to show my dent. I tried to get Barb to stand in front of it the whole time....

It was a perfect meet. Great weather, great ice-cream, informative tech session, great drive, great people. It had it all...even a monster truck and babes.

My kiddies slept for the short ride home, after a quick stop at Trader Joes for some groceries.

Thanks again David for putting together such a great day! and thanks so much for the detailing kit. I've got a LOT of that to do. I'm thinking of a flight down to Westerly RI to pay a visit to W.B. Coty's Steak House, next month.

- Jeff

IggDawg
05-06-2002, 08:47 AM
Hey all. I had a great time at the meet. I was one of the Impreza guys. I had the red wagon. I taked to Adam I believe, and drooled over his engine for a while. Now I'm looking for an SVX to keep miles off the impreza. Damn you all for making me love your cars :mad: :D

jscorse
05-06-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey Dawg,
Great to get you on board. I live just up the road in Leominster. If you want to take a spin in mine let me know....

Jeff

IggDawg
05-06-2002, 08:54 AM
That'd be great! I live in Leominster right now actually. I'm with the gf on abbey road. a breath away from searstown. I'm near that tranny shop that always has an SVX or 2 in it, next to william st. Any time you're free, I'd love to take a spin.

jscorse
05-06-2002, 08:59 AM
<<I'm near that tranny shop that always has an SVX or 2 in it, next to william st>>

I've only seen one SVX in town and the was a Silver and it was driven by an 'older' lady.

<<I'm with the gf on abbey road>>

What's a gf?

I live up on Johnny Appleseed Lane, off of Mechanic. Where exactly are you?

Tonight is out, but maybe on the way home from work some weeknight. I get home around 4:30.

IggDawg
05-06-2002, 09:05 AM
Its off rt 12. there's a sunoco station on the left as you head towards sterling. take that left and I'm at the first apartment complex on the left.

If you keep going, there's a tranny shop just before a blinking yellow light. there's a green SVX there now. I saw another green one and a white one there a few weeks ago.

FYI, 190 is just a few miles past there.

I get home a little later. I work in Groton CT, so if I leave at 5 I get home around 6:30. I'm free wed, thu, and fri. Thanks again for the offer.

<<What's a gf? >>

Girl Friend. Sorry if my sarcasm detector isn't working today :( .

Boone
05-06-2002, 02:01 PM
<<What's a gf? >>

Jeff, you're not 'sposta know what a gf is. :p

SVXPassenger143
05-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Does anyone else have any pics of Saturday's meet?!?!?

ekprintsos
05-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Hi all,
I'm so jealous of all of you who were able to go to the meet in webster. I wish I had been there. My car is practically sold and my new car has arrived and I'm taking delivery on it this week.
:( It's so depressing that i have to give her up.
I saw all the pictures that you guys took, (they're all great) and remembered the VT meet a couple of years ago.
I hope you'll all allow me to come to some future meets (even with the "snooty mobile" as Randy called it.... I have and will miss all of you.
There's no going back now....
Sounds like you guys had a great time.
:(
without me :(
Jeff, I'm going to have some serious withdrawals dude!
talk to you all soon.
love,
kat

jscorse
05-07-2002, 04:17 AM
<<Does anyone else have any pics of Saturday's meet?!?!?>>

I have probably a dozen or so if I could just sit my butt down and upload them.

Tonight I PROMISE!

Green95hoe
05-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Hey guys, wanted to post sooner but been busy at work. Thanx so much for inviting me and the "Hoe". I had a great time and shot some good video of the drive.. Letme tell you for those of you drivin in your SVX when you all cam to a stop all you saw was the car in front of you.. I was high enough to be able to see the roof of each and every car in the line. It looked soooo sweet. As soon as I get my laptop up and runnin again later this week ill transfer the video to mpeg format so you guys can see it.. Some shots of the cars winding around the turns came out real nice.. I got a few regular pics but they look the same as everyone elses.. I got a video shot when we were at 'websta' lake in the back lot.. I could zoom in thru all the windows and could even see the rearview mirror of a car parked beyond the last SVX... Was really cool to be able to zoom right thru 8 cars then back out... Ill get this laptop fixes ASAP so you guys aret hangin... I promise the footage will be well worth it because I had a "Birds Eye View" of it all.. Ask my bro or his chick, they saw it:D

red95svx
05-07-2002, 09:52 AM
I have a ton of pics that are being developed now. I will try to have them in my locker in a day or two. I will also include some "after" photos of the WRX Adam and I trashed....er..drove:)

David

SVXPassenger143
05-07-2002, 12:15 PM
<<I have probably a dozen or so if I could just sit my butt down and upload them.

Tonight I PROMISE!>>

Dont forget....you promised!!! lol. I am so anxious to see everyones pics....can ya tell???

alacrity024
05-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Woo!! Can't wait to see the pics of the 'rex :) that was soooooo much fun, David.. I can't wait to buy one of my very own.. we've gotta do it again, but for way longer and we need to take one of them out on the highway and see if an SVX really stands any sort of a chance. Judging from how quickly the engine picked up revs I'm guessing that fifth gear in the impreza is only good for like a buck thirty, but i guess there's only one way to find out.

-adam

IggDawg
05-07-2002, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the auto WRX runs out of gear at 140, and the manual at 145 or 150. I could be wrong tho. I was wrong once back in 82. It was terrible.....

BoominSVX
05-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Darn, I gotta go to bed soon so I can be up at 5 tomorrow. I am unbelievably anxious to see these pics. How did they come out when you got them back? Any really good ones? :p

jscorse
05-09-2002, 06:58 AM
Ok,
Here's some (see locker...button to the right-below this post).

Unfortunately we discovered a FINGER print on the lens (kids) which pretty much blurred many of the shots.

I'll try to get the panoramics that I shot put together in the next few days.

I've reduced the res. on these to make them easier to download, but if anybody wants the full 2.1MPix photo let me know and I can email to ya.

red95svx
05-10-2002, 05:08 AM
I've posted some pics of the NE MEET in my locker. I'm still waiting for one more roll to be finished so it can be developed (sorry Adam, no WRX pics yet). I'll try to finish the roll this weekend and get the pics posted.

David

SVXPassenger143
05-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Those are some pretty awsum pics guys!! They are all coming out so good. I had a blast that day, hope to do it again sumtime!