View Full Version : 96 SVX for sale, could be good parts car

warmachine
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
FOR SALE:

1996 automatic burgundy SVX
not sure but I think its a 3.3 liter LSI AWD
VIN # JF1CX8655TH100844
Milage: 149748
tan leather interior, sunroof, three new tires.
Price: $900 OBO

Mechanical Problems: Both catalytic converters leak and need to be replaced to pass inspection in Maryland. ($800 est for parts and labor) Headlights and one tailight needs to be replaced. Fenders need work. Small damage to multiple body panels. CD player is touchy. Power antenna broken. Dirty interior. Batery needs replaced. Drives without trouble, will need jumped after sitting. Might be perfect parts car.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/chudso1/Subaru/DSC08297.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/chudso1/Subaru/DSC08295.jpg

more images (http://photobucket.com/albums/b127/chudso1/Subaru/)

EDIT:
My friend bought it and drove it for a year and it was running fine, but a cop gave him a repair order for the exhaust leak and two front corner markers. He didnt want to get the work done for an inspection so I took it. I was going to fix it my self but I'm buying a truck instead now. About everything we know about it after driving it for a year is listed above. The body damage looks like it was parking lot accidents, mostly cosmetic. If you ask, I'll PM with my phone number. But I may not be able to answer for all the mechanical parts, and I'ld rather not take it to get it inspected or to get any repair estimates.

EDIT:
I tried jumping it and it didnt even crank. The interior lights came on while hooked up to the jump car, but the starter didnt turn. I am reluctant to spend any money on a new battery. I'm still offering the car but I'm suggesting the buyer live in the Baltimore area if you plan to drive it home. Otherwise I would suggest a trailer to take it out of state.

Mike621
02-27-2006, 08:41 PM
EDIT: I revoke my dibs. I have too much on my plate right now.

EDIT: what happened to this car?????????!?!?!

alltrac
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
IMHO price is more then fair. I would not take a penny less as you will get hit by low ballers.

pearlm30
02-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I am very interested. How long have you own this SVX? Have the trany and rear bearings in good condition? Anyway I can reach you by phone?
Thanks

daves4sale
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I'd be interested, too- PM me your phone number- thanks

svxstarship
03-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I am interested.

lhopp77
03-02-2006, 08:09 AM
To bad you are not about 1500 miles closer. You would have had the money within minutes of listing it. :(

Lee

Excall
03-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Car looks like its half decent. This car is way too nice to become a parts car. Someone should buy it and fix it up. Especially because it runs, even if it doesn't run well.

warmachine
03-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I plan on replying to anyone that PMed me, in the order that they contacted me. But the car is still for Sale.

And I must agree its not bad enough that it has to be a parts car. I wish I had a garage and some spending money to fix it. I need to mention that I dont have tags on it anymore, its still in my freinds name and he dropped the registration and insurance. We want to sell it ASAP, but it may not be simple if you wish to drive it home long distance. I dont know how the laws work.

warmachine
03-14-2006, 01:12 PM
I tried jumping it and it didnt even crank. The interior lights came on while hooked up to the jump car, but the starter didnt turn. I am reluctant to spend any money on a new battery. I'm still offering the car but I'm suggesting the buyer live in the Baltimore area if you plan to drive it home. Otherwise I would suggest a trailer to take it out of state.

It's Just Eric
03-14-2006, 10:13 PM
When it ran, did it run decent? Hell, It CANT turn into a parts car..Oh god no please... New jersey is the baltimore area right? lol

Mike621
03-14-2006, 10:16 PM
i have the parts to fix it..... if you want to buy it eric.

It's Just Eric
03-28-2006, 12:24 PM
If I wasnt like 300 dollars in the hole Id buy it in a heartbeat....