PDA

View Full Version : Subaru SVX Hitch (OEM) wanted

Marcus
02-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I am searching for an used hitch (Subaru OEM) for my SVX :)

Electrophil
02-15-2006, 05:02 PM
:confused: There was a "hitch" option? :confused:

Earthworm
02-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Does not exist, sorry.

Some have had them made though.

Don't tow too much!

ensteele
02-15-2006, 07:04 PM
There have been some member who have towed motorcycle trailers and it did not harm the tranny, but if loaded to heavy, it could do a number on it. :o

Marcus
02-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Hi, I am a little bit uncertain wether Subaru ever offered an hitch for the SVX. I am sure they don't have it anymore (request @ www.subaruparts.com was negative). In a german forum I read there was one offered but is not available anymore.
In this forum I saw detailed pictures, but I do not know wether this was custom made or OEM. The thing is: Custom made is illegal in Germany (so is 5 speed and that's why I am stuck to EAT4). To get this features approved is expensive.
I just want this hitch to carry bikes occasionally. So I am searching for an used Subaru OEM hitch, if there is one...

Marcus

Electrophil
02-16-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't truthfully think they exist. The transmission heats up too much as it is. I don't think the engineers would have allowed such an option.

You mean it's against the law in Germany to make up a hitch. The country with unlimited speed highways? :eek:

Wow.... I sincerely didn't know that.

intelisevil
02-16-2006, 09:59 PM
You mean it's against the law in Germany to make up a hitch. The country with unlimited speed highways?
Maybe that's why it's illegal?

Imagine a trailer hitch giving out at 100+ mph . . . :eek:

Electrophil
02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Maybe that's why it's illegal?

Imagine a trailer hitch giving out at 100+ mph . . . :eek:

Yeah... Just imagined that. Wasn't pretty.

Speedklix
02-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I saw one on ebay a while back, guy said he had it made at a hitch dealer. I don't see why trailer hitch would be a problem if you just want to throw a few bikes on. I used to just remove the front wheel and slide it in the trunk with the back seat down.

kuroneko_sama
02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
they do make bike racks that work with spoilers and stuff but im not sure you mean that cause youd probly have done it already you must mean motorcycles

n00b on demand
02-17-2006, 08:10 AM
I don't truthfully think they exist. The transmission heats up too much as it is. I don't think the engineers would have allowed such an option.

You mean it's against the law in Germany to make up a hitch. The country with unlimited speed highways? :eek:

Wow.... I sincerely didn't know that.

You think if the engineers knew about the tranny they would actually just let it go into production like that...hence the TSB's on the tranny. :)

solarsvx
02-17-2006, 08:10 AM
they dont make them, but you can have a custom made one for around 400-600 dollars is what i was quoted, they have to cut out portions of the rear bumper cover.