PDA

View Full Version : Power folding mirrors

sicksubie
02-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Question: I have ordered power folding mirrors but, they are not coming with the switch. What will be required to make this project successful? Should I wait until I locate a switch or should I do a custom switch job? If I go the custom route would anybody have a wiring schematic that I could use?

pavanbabut
02-11-2006, 08:35 PM
From where did u order those?.. for the last time I heard of those, they come with switch assembly too.

-Pavan

Mike621
02-11-2006, 09:55 PM
i was in the process of ordering them from a place in philly where i got my lights.

sicksubie
02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
well mike you may still be able to get them. I'm not sure that I want to get these without the switch.

SilverSpear
02-12-2006, 02:51 AM
I thought they come too with the switch, but it seems they sell the switch along with the dashboard, they do not take it off. you can put any switch which controls left or right...

intelisevil
02-12-2006, 04:52 AM
I was in communication with the company before someone bought MY Alcyone tail assembly . . . Apparently the JDM auto strippers weren't knowledgeable enough to remove the switch to go with the mirrors.

Dan

Motorsport-SVX
02-19-2006, 10:52 PM
:) I sell mine with the switch, and have one set left

Mike621
02-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah but the price is the question. The price on this set was excellent. Well, I asked if they were available, and he sold the lights to me. So yeah.

mbtoloczko
02-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Question: I have ordered power folding mirrors but, they are not coming with the switch. What will be required to make this project successful? Should I wait until I locate a switch or should I do a custom switch job? If I go the custom route would anybody have a wiring schematic that I could use?

If you decide that you want the JDM switch, I can get that for you if you want.

sicksubie
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I was gonna get the set from the guy in philly for $100 SHIPPED. I just ordered some stuff from you today though Dayle and probably will have to hold off on mirrors even if you were to match the price.

mohrds
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Even if you get the switch, you need to run new wires.

There are two extra wires, if you run +12V to one and ground to the other, they will move. Switch the polarity and they will move the other direction.

The connector does not have the space for the extra two wires, you will have to hard wire it or install a 2-pole connector.

I did not use the factory style switch on mine, but I may on the next set.

Doug

zavikan
08-28-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm now in the same boat as sicksubie. I'm now sitting on a pair of JDM mirrors without a switch. Is it possible to use my own housings? (mine are 2 different colors). I would rather not have to paint them. Also, I will be searching around, but does anyone know about the availability of the stock switch in the US?

Thank y'all

James

pavanbabut
08-28-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm now in the same boat as sicksubie. I'm now sitting on a pair of JDM mirrors without a switch. Is it possible to use my own housings? (mine are 2 different colors). I would rather not have to paint them. Also, I will be searching around, but does anyone know about the availability of the stock switch in the US?

Thank y'all

James

Thts sweet, you got power folding mirrors. Coming to the switch, I know one of the member's from Australia (who sometime before had parted out his car) has that switch. Actually I asked him for both mirrors and switch, but he replied me that he is having only the switch. His name is Matt(network handle: Dynomatt), PM him abt the switch.

gud luck,
-Pavan.

dynomatt
08-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I have the factory switch.

PM me if you're interested.

Matt