PDA

View Full Version : Help my svx(body parts needed)

steven_esworthy
02-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi all, I am trying to fix my svx that I just bought. It has a body kit on it that is badly damaged and Im trying to see if it will be cheaper to just replace all the body panels with original ones. I like the look of the stock svx much better and hope I can find a good deal on the parts. I will need:

Hood
L & R Fenders
F & R Bumpers
L & R Side skirts(or rocker panels whatever they are called)

Also I have a damaged drivers side rear quarter(right behind the drivers door). I may need to have a piece cut and welded back... Let me know if anyone can help. The parts will need to be shipped to abilene tx 79605 or if they are located in TX I may be able to pick up. Email me steven_esworthy@yahoo.com

Electrophil
02-11-2006, 10:41 AM
What color? Are you the one that bought that heavily modified body SVX off of eBay. The one that looked like it was in Primer?

ensteele
02-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Post some pictures in your locker before you start to turn it back into a real SVX again. :) :)

steven_esworthy
02-12-2006, 07:16 AM
It doesnt matter the color, or condition of the paint, I will be sanding it all and repainting the whole car. Yes, Im the one that bought the worlds ugliest svx. I really love the original look. BTW, the car freakin screams with a 5 spd, its probably one of the fastest cars I have driven. It has way quicker response than my stock 240Z or 280ZX. If anyone can help, please let me know, I will post some pics to my locker.

steven_esworthy
02-12-2006, 07:58 AM
If I post pictures into my locker, are you guys gonna make fun of me some more? J/K, anyways the car looks like real dog sh** right now.

ensteele
02-12-2006, 09:04 AM
We, or at least I will not make fun of your car. I am sure the rest will also understand that you are trying to get it back to where it will look like a SVX again. If you were saying that you had done the work and look how wonderful my car is, then, look out. :eek: :D :D :D jk Welcome to the site and good luck on your restoration. :)

Electrophil
02-12-2006, 11:17 AM
If I post pictures into my locker, are you guys gonna make fun of me some more? J/K, anyways the car looks like real dog sh** right now.

I'm not gonna make fun of it, I'm glad to hear someone is going to restore the body. Wow... it's going to be one heck of a undertaking. :)

ensteele
02-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Too bad you couldn't get the old parts from the guy who modified it. That would be a good score. :) :)

steven_esworthy
02-14-2006, 04:31 AM
I think he would get a little pissed to find out I want to tear it all off. It would cost thousands to correctly fix the body kit and imho I dont think that the body work already done is worth $5. As it is restoring the body is going to cost ALOT of money but I think it will still be a little cheaper than fixin the body kit. If anyone can help me locate the parts it would be a great help. I contacted smallcar.com and they want $600 + $300 shipping. I dont have that much right now, so please if anyone can help, let me know.