PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Ebony 1992 LS-L

AppStateSVX
02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
As great of a car as my SVX has been, I might be selling it soon. Here's the rundown.
It's a 1992 LS-L with around 138,000 miles. I have owned it the past two years. VIN # Jf1cx3538nh104537. The CarFax shows up clean, I had someone run it for me a little while back. However, It was in one accident. I was sitting in line at the gas station when a truck backed into the passenger's side door, smashing it. After replacing the door, which is all that was damaged, I got the entire car repainted so the paint is pretty new. I have replaced several things on the car through the past couple of years, all of the belts have been replaced, along with an Underdrive pulley from Motorsport when the original crank pulley split in two. The only thing wrong with the car is that the right rear wheel bearing might be gong bad, as there is noise from the rear, but with the mileage, it has lasted a long time. If interested, reply here or shoot me a PM. I have several pics in my locker and could get more if needed. Oh, and the interior is in excellent shape, I replaced the stock sound system with Sony Xplods all around, it sounds REALLY good. I am looking to get around 2,800 but am willing to negotiate.

YellowBird
02-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Why?

I can't believe you're seriously thinking about selling.

ensteele
02-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Why? :confused: :confused: :confused:

AppStateSVX
02-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I REALLY don't want to sell, but parts are so hard to find, and being in college, It is getting to be a strain. As much as I HATE to do this, it looks like I don't have another choice. I'm prbly going to have to go to the dealership to get the windshield even.....:( I guess the SVX just isn't a car for a college student.

I won't be going anywhere though, i like this place too much. Anyone interested?

craftylandshark
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Man, you may have just saved me... I bought a black-on-silver 92 LSL three months ago and the other week, a drunk t-boned me across an intersection and into a telephone pole. The car is totalled, but I fell in LOVE with it. I've been trying to contact a few sellers through AutoTrader but I haven't had any luck with anyone who seems reputable any closer than 500 miles... and I just moved to Winston-Salem after graduating from App, so we're just over an hour apart. If you're serious about selling, I'm VERY serious about buying and have an insurance payout check sitting not 5 feet from me on my dresser. I can be contacted on AIM at craftylandshark, and my hotmail email addy is the same.
::crosses fingers::

Kevin

AppStateSVX
02-05-2006, 11:12 PM
cool, i'll send you an IM right now

hectormon
02-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi,
Where is the car located? DO you have any pictures available?
Thanks

sicksubie
02-08-2006, 06:40 AM
yeah, being a college student and a SVX owner stinks. I sit in my room on friday nights while everyone else goes and parties and blows their money so that come march I can put my car on the road for 7 months (sighs). Oh well, looking forward to graduation and then the dough$$$$$$$$. One word of advice (this is what I keep telling myself) will you be able to replace your car upon gradation?? I don't know how many 1995 Brilliant Red SVX LS's with just 100k will still be around in two years. And if they are how much will they be??? That's what makes staying in and being frugal tolerable.

SilverSpear
02-08-2006, 07:48 AM
:eek: :eek: WHAT??? Appstate are you OK man??? I guess not... go grab that 3,000,000L Whisky bottle again and .... maybe you will get back to your senses .. :D :D :D :D

n00b on demand
02-08-2006, 09:18 AM
yeah, being a college student and a SVX owner stinks. I sit in my room on friday nights while everyone else goes and parties and blows their money so that come march I can put my car on the road for 7 months (sighs). Oh well, looking forward to graduation and then the dough$$$$$$$$. One word of advice (this is what I keep telling myself) will you be able to replace your car upon gradation?? I don't know how many 1995 Brilliant Red SVX LS's with just 100k will still be around in two years. And if they are how much will they be??? That's what makes staying in and being frugal tolerable.

Completley agree with you. Drains the wallet but thats why it takes me a few weeks to get a repair done rather than doing it in a few days. Takes me a while to get the money together. Then again I havent even had to do the major repairs some members on this site have. My car has been very very good to me for the most part.

AppStateSVX
02-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi,
Where is the car located? DO you have any pictures available?
Thanks

Car is located in Boone, NC. Pics in locker.

AppStateSVX
02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
:eek: :eek: WHAT??? Appstate are you OK man??? I guess not... go grab that 3,000,000L Whisky bottle again and .... maybe you will get back to your senses .. :D :D :D :D

haha, thanks Danny, but I just can't deal with having to wait a couple of months to fix the car every time something happens. Don't worry, I will be back as soon as I graduate, and i'll stay around the forums.

AppStateSVX
02-09-2006, 12:02 AM
i'm not sure how to change the thread name, but the SVX is now officially For Sale. PM or email me for more info or pics

AppStateSVX
02-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Just for an updatel......it seems like Craftylandshark will be buying the SVX from me pretty soon, look out everyone he has BIG plans for this thing, i'm stoked about him picking it up. I took some more pics of it today, they will be making their way to my locker pretty soon. I finally came home for the first time since New Years, and got to drive it briefly, the roads were really icy so I couldn't go far.....didn't want to take the risk of a wreck.