PDA

View Full Version : Transmissions for the UK!

rolling_project
02-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi Guys,

I just wondered if you could tell me if there are any places out there you know of with recon trannys for sale "off the shelf" so to speak. Even a reuilt one from the states is cheaper than getting it done here and I was thinking about importing?! I saw one on ebay motors go yesterday for just over $500 and it was a rebuild with a 4.11 final drive but I was a bit fearful of going for it with no knowledge of the seller etc.

Any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

P.s. failing that if someone really clever wants to come over here on a working holiday and fit me a 5/6 spd (and get all the parts ;) ) I'll; happily pay them $3500 :D :D I'd love to do the job on my own but I bet the car would be off the road for ever!

SubaruPartsGirl
02-06-2006, 09:08 AM
We have parts, we can ship...but man it is expensive to ship that far away! I bet one of these guys would love to take a nice trip! Try posting that offer in the General forums and you may get a better response.

Thanks,
Jackie

TomsSVX
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
P.s. failing that if someone really clever wants to come over here on a working holiday and fit me a 5/6 spd (and get all the parts ;) ) I'll; happily pay them $3500 :D :D I'd love to do the job on my own but I bet the car would be off the road for ever!

You might just be in luck, I am working on making a kit. check it out in general babble under, gauging iterest in a 5mt kit

Tom

SSSVX
02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi John,
I recently replaced my stock tranny with a lower gearing 4.44 tranny because my stock 3.54 tranny's front differential was no good.

I was told my stock tranny from the previous owner was rebuilt like 20K ago. My front different is no good but my stock tranny is still good. Fluid is clean.

I don't know if that can be helpful to you but I can let it go for cheap. The stock tranny is out of my car now and I think it will be cheaper to have the entire thing rebuilt. I can even rebuilt the whole thing and ship it to you but you have to pay for the shipping and rebuilt cost. :p

If you're interested, you can email me - ohkennylee@gmail.com and we can discuss more.

Hope you get your svx fixed soon. :)

TomsSVX
02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Ken, can you ship me that trans?? I have a good front diff waiting to do something. How much do u want for it?? Send me a PM

Tom

SSSVX
02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Ken, can you ship me that trans?? I have a good front diff waiting to do something. How much do u want for it?? Send me a PM

Tom

Tom, Just send you a PM. Let me know. That'll be good if you can combine your good front diff and my good tranny . . . and more parts for SVXi on the road.