PDA

View Full Version : Heart broken, need a new one

Airheart
01-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Two months ago my green '96 LSI was totalled by a 18 wheeler in a pretty nasty snow storm on my drive home from Fort Rucker to Syracuse NY. The truck drove me into heavy snow in the emergency lane and long story short.. the entire front left wheel and everything attached to it was basically torn off the frame. It's about $10k bill to put the car back on the road if I'm lucky.. and the likely hood of her driving the same again isn't great. So, I have my infinity FX45 as my daily now.. but damn I miss my SVX. So here I am looking around to see what's out there. I love the pearl white/black combo of the early years, but I'm hesitant to buy any of the models prior to '95 due to the trany issues I hear about. My '96 was just above 90k miles without really much of a hicup from the engine or trany ever. There was a little of that bucking issue at very slow speeds with the wheel cranked hard into a turn, but that was usually only in hot weather after driving her hard. So, I suppose I'm saying I'd prefer a '95 or later model. But the chance to own a pearl white one is definetely on my mind. I would certainly like as low mileage and the best condition possible. I'm not looking for a fixer uper in any fashion. Stock gear as far as rims would be great because I hate most of the rims people put on the SVX, and when I bought mine it had some after markets with the wrong offset that rubbed and took me awhile to figure out what the problem was with them. I suppose that's not a big deal as I know the type of after markets I need to look for. Stereo is also something I'd likely change out unless you've put in a nice one already. As far as how much I'd spend.. if you've got a cherry of an SVX for sale, I'm more interested in that then money. I miss my car. I saw a black one on the road the other day and I swear I came close to shedding a tear at the beauty of it, and thinking of my poor baby in some heap. I can promise if I find another for me, I will take good care or it.. and drive it like a car this good is meant to be driven! I put lots of money into that car to keep it tip top, cause I drove her like a ferrari 8). She never let me down, not even at the end.. I walked out of that wreck without a scratch on me. I hope someone out there is sitting on a low mileage, black or white SVX just for me. I suppose my perfect SVX would be a '97 around 50k miles or less that someone took painstaking care to have repainted to the pearl white/black color 8). I heard there was a dealer in Colorado who had one just like that, that he was storing away presumably to be a collectors item. That's what I'd like.. but I'm certainly open to something more realistic. In the mean time I'll keep looking around. Oh, by the way.. I'm a helicopter pilot in the Army and I'm deploying to afghanistan in a couple of months.. so I probably wouldn't be buying the car till I come back sometime in early '07. At least, that's the plan as of now.. the Army has a tendancy of changing those plans very often. If anyone knows of any cherry SVX's being hidden around here and there.. I've got the time to look into them. Thanks all.

SilverSpear
01-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I just love good words coming from the heart. You seem a true SVX lover, good luck with the search.

RojoRocket
01-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen this car personally, but appears to be the original owner and he pampers his Black over Pearl California car. Ad includes phone number. You may wish to get some pics sent your way.
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/125968665.html

Glenn

Always looking to match an SVXer up with his/her dreamdate!

ensteele
01-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the site and good luck with your search. :)

shelfy
01-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I heard there was a dealer in Colorado who had one just like that, that he was storing away presumably to be a collectors item.shortline subaru in aurora, colorado was the dealer who had an untitled brilliant red 97 LSi with only 125 miles on it until about three and a half years ago. at the time, they were asking about $37K for it. shoftly after that, it appeared on ebay and i heard it was sold to someone in california for considerably less.

xturboexpress
01-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Mine will be for sale in a month or so.

1992 LS-L Touring AWD
Custom anthracite metallic / black, all options.
New automatic.
New paint.
New belts.
New tires.

It wont be real cheap though, its a very nice SVX. how much are you looking to spend? I havn't decided on the price yet. atleast $3500, by no means is that a solid price, though.

kuroneko_sama
05-04-2006, 04:21 AM
i got 2, if you still want one pm me

Loocrew
05-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I have a 92 SVX that I have to sell. It needs a new hood but I can get a black one I think and the car is pearl white. Altho we have had this car since the beginning, four kids in college simultaneously and the hood problem is making us have to get rid of it. Please help us find a good family. We have already bought the new tranny and I have almost every record including oil changes and so on.