PDA

View Full Version : looking for a power steering pump and remote transmitter

svx1
03-12-2002, 02:11 PM
hey
anyone know where i can get a power steering pump, or a remote transmitter, for the keyless entry. thanks.
jacob

CHEYENNE
03-12-2002, 04:26 PM
HEY, WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR POWER STEERING PUMP? MINE HAD A SEAL JUST UNDER THE FILL CAN GO BAD LETTING IT LEAK OUT ALL THE FLUID MAKING IT WINE(NOISE). I REPLACED THE RUBBER SEAL FOR ABOUT 2 CENTS FILLED IT UP AGAIN AND IT HAS BEEN FINE FOR 1YR. NOTE: THE FILLING OF THEM CAN BE TRICKY' YOU'LL THINK IT'S FULL BUT JUST KEEP ADDING UNTI THE LEVEL MOVES A LITTLE ABOVE THE LINE THEN JUST SUCK IT OUT WITH CLEAN PAPER TOWEL OR SURENGE. CHEYENNE

svxpete
03-12-2002, 04:54 PM
I am also in the market for a remote keyless entry thing.
subaruparts.com has them under SVX accesories for around
$50, but it has says they are on back order from Subaru whenever I have checked, for over a month now. Will stop by my local dealer when I can and see if he has any, but I kind of doubt it. He's had to order about everything I've needed so far. Otherwise I'll probably just order one and wait. Let me know if you find any.

Green1995SVX
03-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Woah on the caps there, CHEYENNE. :)

regarding the transmitters... you can get them from your local dealer. My friend ordered his from the local dealer in Lancaster, PA and it was there in a couple days.

regarding the o-ring... simple procedure outlined in the 'how-to' locker. All you need is a turkey baister, a rachet with extention, a T40 torx driver bit, and a 13mm socket. Takes about 10 mins.

-Mike

svx1
03-12-2002, 07:58 PM
i think you guys could be very right. it leaks and it gets loud wining alot. sometimes the car will smoke real bad from the fluid leaking. the guy i took it to said i need a whole new pump. and somehow alot of the fluid gets on top of the tank. where can i find one of those rubber seals. thanks alot you guys for your help.
hopfully you guys are right, otherwise i might be out a few bucks.

Green1995SVX
03-12-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by svx1
i think you guys could be very right. it leaks and it gets loud wining alot. sometimes the car will smoke real bad from the fluid leaking. the guy i took it to said i need a whole new pump. and somehow alot of the fluid gets on top of the tank. where can i find one of those rubber seals. thanks alot you guys for your help.
hopfully you guys are right, otherwise i might be out a few bucks.

Get it at the subaru dealer. its like $1.40... just tell them you need the o-ring that goes between the PS resevuar (how do you spell that?) and the pump.

-Mike

svxpete
03-13-2002, 10:47 AM
what a surprise; my local Subaru dealer had an SVX keyless entry control, but for around $72. I'll need to think about spending that much, but it would be nice to have.

svx1
03-13-2002, 07:36 PM
my subaru dealership can get them in just a couple days, they want 80 for them. i should probably spend it, i cant lock my car without a remote right now. gotta get that fixed.

Geok
03-15-2002, 08:41 PM
What's the subaru part number for the remote? I may also have one or two from my old SVX. Can't guarantee that they still work but they did when I still had the car a few years back. I had the entire alarm system replaced and the new one came with new remotes. I'll check tomorrow to see if I still have them.