PDA

View Full Version : Timing Belt Tool

nvrmore100
04-26-2001, 02:53 PM
Just an FYI for everyone. The so called discontinued Subaru part required to remove your timing pulley...is no longer discontinued. I complained to www.subaruparts.com and they got a replacement part. It is:

http://www.subaruparts.com/partsearch.php?partnumber=499977000

Its a special order...minimum of 2 - 4 weeks to get it in.

HOWEVER!!!!! - I got mine off...thanx to the help of the guys here and the SVX club on yahoo...with a large screwdriver in the flywheel.

This will save you the $165 plus shipping!

Ryan

**92SVX**
05-08-2001, 02:40 PM
Beware! If you notice a severe wobble at the crank pulley the following condition may exist...
Once the crank pulley was removed we noticed that the woodruff key had cracked into two pieces. This caused serious damage to the key way on the crank pulley and some minimal damage to the crank shaft keyway. To complete the repair we removed the crankshaft sprocket, which by the way was destroyed in the process, cleaned the crankshaft and inserted a new woodruff key. Here's a little secret! You can interchange a Legacy crankshaft pulley with the SVX engine. The crank diameter and offset are equal...SVX to Legacy. INSURE that you torque the crank bolt to the upper most torque setting. She won't take another episode like that! If your wondering a new crank will run you about 700.00.