PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia SVX Master Tech

TomsSVX
01-18-2006, 07:12 PM
That old Tom SVXfiles is an awsome SVX mechanic and I would love to reffer(spelling?) him to everyone. He does good work so send svxfiles a pm about doing some stuff for YOU!!!

Tom

SVXRide
01-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Having driven 3 hours on several occassions to have SVXFiles work on my car, I only have the highest praise for his dedication and expertise when working on the SVX!!
-Bill

Chiketkd
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Just last weekend I had Svxfiles replace the 4.44 4EAT in my car for a fresh one for the new owner of my car. Great work at a reasonable price from a very knowledge and honest gentleman! :)

-Chike

ensteele
01-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I wish he was closer to this side of the US. :D :D

Earthworm
01-19-2006, 10:43 AM
You could hire him full time as your personal mechanic :D

TomsSVX
01-19-2006, 10:47 AM

Like I said, move East Earl, Move EAST!! This way we can drop in and take a look at your amazing herd of SVXi:D

Tom

svxcess
01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm going to Tom's house tonight after work (about 2.5 hr. drive). Tomorrow he will be fabricating a new exhaust system, with the Magnaflow Hi-flow cat (like Chike's) and Dayle's resonator.

We will also do the front and rear polyurethane swaybar bushings and the "$15.00 suspension mod". Also replacing the fuel duct hose to the gas tank (hoping we don't have to drop the tank itself) This may take most of the day Friday, maybe into early Saturday. I think Chike is coming up on Saturday to get work done as well.

Tom is a very exacting and professional Subaru mechanic and master fabricator. I was really impressed after having the chance to drive his custom-supercharged SVX.

Chiketkd
01-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I think Chike is coming up on Saturday to get work done as well.
Yup, I'll be up there getting a few odd-and-ends done before Myxalplyx takes delivery of my car next Wednesday. Hopefully, Tom and I will be able to start working on his engine swap for the s/c claret before noon Saturday! :cool:

Hope to see you Saturday morning John.

-Chike

svxcess
01-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Hopefully he will be done with mine by Saturday. If we encounter any difficulty (especially with the fuel duct issue and the tank) in may cross over into part of Saturday as well.

Maybe I'll hang around and help you guys on Saturday as well.

If we blow up my car, I may have to catch a ride back with you.:eek:

Chiketkd
01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
If we blow up my car, I may have to catch a ride back with you.:eek:
That won't be a problem! ;)

-Chike

svxcess
01-22-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm going to Tom's house tonight after work (about 2.5 hr. drive). Tomorrow he will be fabricating a new exhaust system, with the Magnaflow Hi-flow cat (like Chike's) and Dayle's resonator.

We will also do the front and rear polyurethane swaybar bushings and the "$15.00 suspension mod". Also replacing the fuel duct hose to the gas tank (hoping we don't have to drop the tank itself) This may take most of the day Friday, maybe into early Saturday. I think Chike is coming up on Saturday to get work done as well.

Tom is a very exacting and professional Subaru mechanic and master fabricator. I was really impressed after having the chance to drive his custom-supercharged SVX.

Click here to see how it all went:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?p=370971#post370971

jeffast
12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
cough for a great guy

svxfiles
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
cough for a great guy

Thanks!
It was VERY cool reading the threads from, what seems like 40 years ago!:rolleyes:

jeffast
12-02-2008, 10:42 PM
holy ****, i should really read the dates on these.
wow, welcome to last week for me

ensteele
12-02-2008, 11:03 PM
You need to stay in your own home thread with shelfy! You know which one I am talking about. :lol: :lol: Dates don't mean anything in that one. :lol: :lol:

Mike621
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Legit bump for an honest, hardworking, and reasonable guy.

Thanks again Tom for the brakes!

SVXyGirl
12-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Bump for Tom and Di. Di cooked a wonderful meal (Tom made some bread to go with it) while I waited. Thank you both! I always enjoy seeing both of you...even if I'm there till 1am. :lol:

BTW I got home at 3am and was called into work at 7:30. Longest day evar!

Sean486
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
It's been said before, but Tom did a great job with my car. Tom found and repaired several issues with my car and prevented a major tranny failure by finding and replacing a barely on ATF hose,:eek::eek: and performing maintenance that lowered my transmission temperature by 40 degrees. If you are with in 5 hours drive you owe it to your car to go see him. :D:D

Green1995SVX
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I agree! My car had an awful vibration, and Tom managed to find a bad bearing inside my transmission. He replaced it, and did tons of other work, and the final bill was amazingly low. Thanks, Tom!

Freeman
01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Eh.. Seems like too far of a trip for me... :p

I'm kidding.. He's basically in my back yard.. Or mine in his.. Either way, if I lived in California, I'd still drive all the way out to Wiley Ford to have him work on my SVX. I won't let anybody else touch my car..

SomethingElse
01-15-2010, 05:57 PM
OT FTW!!! I watched him put a water pump on in 1 hour!!!!:lol:

one sweet day ill make it up there to get some exhaust work done.....hey wait...do you work on bimmers?

Wikedjuggalo
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM

one sweet day ill make it up there to get some exhaust work done.....hey wait...do you work on bimmers?

lol are we talking about that day of the cursed water pump?

Tom I need stop by since your only a little ways away...........

And by a little ways away I mean 8hrs away through some very fun mountains.

svxfiles
01-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Sure!:D

I need the money!:o

shelfy
01-22-2010, 10:10 PM
You need to stay in your own home thread with shelfy! You know which one I am talking about. :lol: :lol: Dates don't mean anything in that one. :lol: :lol:

How'd I miss this?

SVXyGirl
01-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Sure!:D

I need the money!:o

OT did you get my pm?

svxfiles
01-23-2010, 07:54 AM
OT did you get my pm?

I did.:o

I'll call you today.:)

SVXyGirl
01-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Call me after 5:30. Kthxbye. :)

Wikedjuggalo
01-23-2010, 03:45 PM

Of course you will remeber you call rebecca back. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SVXyGirl
01-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Of course you will remeber you call rebecca back. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had to call him. :rolleyes: Hey. I may have a 4.44 for you...Tom can fill you in.

Wikedjuggalo
01-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I had to call him. :rolleyes: Hey. I may have a 4.44 for you...Tom can fill you in.

hehehe I did talk to him briefly he said something about be dragged out the house to eat fancy..:rolleyes::p I'll pm you about it

svxistentialist
01-23-2010, 07:34 PM
This thread stretches over like three years guys. :rolleyes:

I like that.

Nice to see the good things in life remain constant. Tom and Di, Happy New Year, belated, a little. :p

I've been having software and hardware problems, and please, no puns about that.

Joe :)

thickasxthieves
05-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I just returned this morning from a weekend at tom's. Tom did alot of work to cure all my svx's oil and power steering leaks (valve cover gaskets, cam seals, leaks from the back inspection plate, lots of leaky power steering hoses, resealed the oil pan....i had a very leaky car needless to say.) in doing so we yanked the motor out and he discovered an inopertave iris valve, clogged pcv valve, broken bolt holding trans to motor(that was fun), worked out an intermittent starter issue id had(due to sloppy install from perwson unkown before i bought the car) and then we also did water pump, timing belt, solid motor mounts from a forester(first?) spark plugs, phenolic spacers, lightweight crank pulley..... basically everything you could possibly do besides head gaskets, for an incredibly low price.

I'd just like to say that tom is masterful, knowledgeable, and wholly capable mechanic. not only did he identify issues with my car i was unaware of, he did a tps adjustment on the car after all the work had been completed. the car is running better than it ever has, so much less vibration on start and at speed, engine just sounds better. and its faster :D before at 3000 rpm my speed would be 85 mph, now it does 90 at slightly less than 3000rpm. Tom and diana were nice enough to put me up for two nights and feed me delicious ravioli :D Not only that but on the way home last night a ground wire managed to work itself loose and the car shutoff on me right near hagerstown. I called tom and i couldnt identify the problem even with his guidance over the phone. So he drove out over an hour, again let me say. HE DROVE OUT OVER AN HOUR to my broken down car at 2 in the morning, identified the loose ground wire and had the car back running in less than 2 minutes. Tom is a talented, kind, generous person and i just wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to him for treating me and my car so well. I know i will be returning to him if ever my car has another problem, and most definitely for a custom exhaust. Cant reccommend or praise his work enough.

Thanks Tom!!

SVXRide
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
OT is definitely one-of-a-kind:cool: (now, how Di puts up with him....:lol:)

-Bill

I just returned this morning from a weekend at tom's. Tom did alot of work to cure all my svx's oil and power steering leaks (valve cover gaskets, cam seals, leaks from the back inspection plate, lots of leaky power steering hoses, resealed the oil pan....i had a very leaky car needless to say.) in doing so we yanked the motor out and he discovered an inopertave iris valve, clogged pcv valve, broken bolt holding trans to motor(that was fun), worked out an intermittent starter issue id had(due to sloppy install from perwson unkown before i bought the car) and then we also did water pump, timing belt, solid motor mounts from a forester(first?) spark plugs, phenolic spacers, lightweight crank pulley..... basically everything you could possibly do besides head gaskets, for an incredibly low price.

I'd just like to say that tom is masterful, knowledgeable, and wholly capable mechanic. not only did he identify issues with my car i was unaware of, he did a tps adjustment on the car after all the work had been completed. the car is running better than it ever has, so much less vibration on start and at speed, engine just sounds better. and its faster :D before at 3000 rpm my speed would be 85 mph, now it does 90 at slightly less than 3000rpm. Tom and diana were nice enough to put me up for two nights and feed me delicious ravioli :D Not only that but on the way home last night a ground wire managed to work itself loose and the car shutoff on me right near hagerstown. I called tom and i couldnt identify the problem even with his guidance over the phone. So he drove out over an hour, again let me say. HE DROVE OUT OVER AN HOUR to my broken down car at 2 in the morning, identified the loose ground wire and had the car back running in less than 2 minutes. Tom is a talented, kind, generous person and i just wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to him for treating me and my car so well. I know i will be returning to him if ever my car has another problem, and most definitely for a custom exhaust. Cant reccommend or praise his work enough.

Thanks Tom!!

Subie59
05-11-2010, 07:12 AM
yes I am thinking about an 8-hour road trip to get a tranny swap from OT and a few other things, once I get some time and money.

Sean486
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Went down to SVXFiles garage in WV for some work on my SVX. (Solenoid C and exhaust work) The SVX now sounds and drives better than it has in a long, long time. I really can't say enough about how talented Tom is with these cars and how lucky I feel to live with in a few hours drive of his shop. There is no one I trust more to work on my SVX.

Thanks again Tom