PDA

View Full Version : Judging Interest: Modified n/a 96 SVX L 127K miles (Brilliant Red)

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 09:31 AM
SOLD!!!!

My Brilliant Red 1996 SVX L currently with 127K miles (Vin #JF1CX8350TH100321) will be for sale very shortly (I'm the 2nd owner). This car has been maintained meticulously and has been my daily driver and weekend racer (autox & drag racing events) over the last 1.5 years. This is truly the perfect SVX for the enthusiast driver. Details are as follows:

Modifications/upgrades:
-4.44 automatic trans and rear diff (w/ limited slip) from a '97 Legacy Outback
-Delta Cams performance intake cams
-STI panel filter in the stock airbox
-Phenolic spacers
-Impreza fuel pressure regulator (43.5psi vs 36.3psi stock)
-Magnaflow exhaust from the header-pipes back
-PWR Aluminum Radiator
-Race Concepts slotted rotors front & rear with Akebono Pro Act ceramic pads
-Lightweight 16x8" RX-7 wheels with 225/50/16 Dunlop SP Sport 8000's
-Small Car shift kit
-Polyurethane swaybar bushings front & rear
-Sylvannia Silverstars used for main headlights

Maintenance
-Both rear bearings replaced in the Spring of '05 (at roughly 110K miles)
-All front engine seals and the timing belt were replaced.
-Engine oil changed every 3,000 miles with Mobil 1 10w30
-Transmission atf drained and refilled every 6,000 miles
-Front and rear differential oil changed every 9,000 miles
-Radiator drained and refilled with new coolant every 6 months

I have records for all major maintenance and work done on the car during my ownership and a copy of the warranty work the previous owner had done. The car has a clear title and is accident free. This car is currently featured in the 2006 SVX (single cars) Calendar for the month of October.

Imperfections:
There are NO dents or dings on the body, however the paint is chipped in two areas - rear passenger side bumper and the lower panel on the passenger side door (panel is also coming away from the door slightly in two areas).

I also have an intermittent Check Engine Light that comes on (P0145) which is for the 3rd O2 sensor - code reads "O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 3)". It comes on every 10-14 days and could be fixed either with a new O2 sensor or an O2 sensor simulator - this sensor has no affect on performance or gas mileage and is used by the ecu for emmissions).

Interior is in great condition with no stains on the carpet or rips in the seats. Trunk carpet is also very clean. The transmission shifter lights (that light up 'P' - '1' don't work, and on the transmission indicator (that sits between the speedo and the tach) the light for 'D' doesn't come on. Everything else including all interior lights work.

Finer Points:
This car is in great condition for its age and even with the extensive mods I've done, the car is a quiet and comfortable daily driver and gets 21-22mpg in mixed city/highway and 25-26mpg highway.

There's one twist to my above description and it's this: about 2 months ago my front diff case cracked and it was replaced by TomsSVX. While the 4.44 trans itself is in perfect shape, there's a slight whine from the front diff and the torque converter seal (in the new front diff case) leaks a little atf.

At this point I could sell the car in one of two ways:

1) A person buys the car in its current condition and swaps in a fresh 4.44 auto trans themselves

2) I replace the 4.44 trans with a fresh one.

If you're interested in option 2, the car will be ready to go by mid January.

I live just outside of Charlottesville, VA (zip code 22932) and as this is just a judging interest thread, I don't have a price in mind and I'm open to reasonable offers by PM. My sole reason for the sale is that my family situation requires me to buy a newer 4 door sedan with warranty, and I'll be purchasing another Subaru. :)

Some recent pics taken this Fall are as follows:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/29101.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/29106.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30654.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/29949.jpg

This pic shows paint chipping on passenger side rear bumper:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30658.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/31399.jpg

More are in my locker here:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Chiketkd

-Chike

SVXRide
12-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Chike,
What's up? :confused: I thought you already had your car sold?
-Bill

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Yup, it was sold but there's an issue that may prevent this buyer from being able to get it. He suggested that I open it up to everyone else. :) He may still be able to buy if he's able to work out a few kinks so he's not completely out of the picture.

I also won't be picking up Collin's '95 SVX as it'll be best for my family for me to have a 4 door car asap. :(

One thing I refuse to do is trade-in this car. I refuse to allow such a well maintained and fast n/a SVX to sit on some dealer's lot with the potential of having some ricer kid walk off the street and buy her. :rolleyes:

-Chike

SVXer95
12-14-2005, 11:42 AM
I also won't be picking up Collin's '95 SVX as it'll be best for my family for me to have a 4 door car asap. :(

:(

Good luck with the sale Chike. What is the 4 door going to be? Something exciting, I hope.

AppStateSVX
12-14-2005, 12:17 PM
SOMEBODY BUY THIS!! dang, good luck with the sale Chike, I hate to see you leave us, buy another SVX ASAP, which I am sure you will do.

n00b on demand
12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Chike, Think Legacy!!!!!

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 02:00 PM
:(

Good luck with the sale Chike. What is the 4 door going to be? Something exciting, I hope.
Thanks Collin. I hope you're able to sell yours sometime in the next year and chase that Porsche dream! :)

Not 100% sure on the 4 door. In the past, Benebob has told me not to but the Impreza since it's an old platform, but then he's also told me not to buy the new Legacy's as they're made in the US and have a cheap build quality...and that doesn't leave any other 4 door sedans to choose from in their current line-up! :eek: :p

I'm thinking about a new WRX for two reasons - cheap price for the TR model and good performance potential. The Legacy 2.5GT is also a possible choice, but the stock suspension is extremely soft for autoxing purposes.

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
SOMEBODY BUY THIS!! dang, good luck with the sale Chike, I hate to see you leave us, buy another SVX ASAP, which I am sure you will do.
I hope to buy another SVX sometime in the future. Collin's would have been perfect! :)

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Chike, Think Legacy!!!!!
We'll see Tom. The Legacy's are nice but are kinda camry-esque in their looks. Beautiful car but not a conversation starter like the SVX or new Imprezas.

-Chike

P.S. Here's another engine bay pic taken in the early Fall before the PWR radiator went in:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/23836.jpg

newsvx
12-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Chike,
I sure hate to hear you are about to give up the SVX, but glad you are going about it the way you are! I too would not like to see it just setting on a lot - a dealer would probably just wholesale it to a used car lot.

If I had the coin to make a reasonable offer, I would seriously consider getting yours to match my '97 - whoa, I would be on my way to be "just like Earl". Maybe I'll go to the bank tomorrow ........

Harry

TomsSVX
12-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I can speak for this car. He has had me do some work on the car and I can say this was meticulously maintaned. Complete with a 4.44 trans customs cams and one of the strongest motors I have ever seen. This is a definate pleaser and a monster once the stage 2 v5 for OBDII users comes out. This car is amazing and extremely clean, has my 92 silver beat by a long shot!! I hope the sale goes well for ya Chike

Tpm

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks Tom and Harry! I really appreciate the help and advice both of you have given me over the last few years. :)

I look forward to autoxing and drag racing with both of you in '06.

-Chike

Earthworm
12-14-2005, 05:50 PM
hehe, another Tom, Chike and Harry thread. :D

Chike, ever thought of changing your name?

(j/k)

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 06:00 PM
hehe, another Tom, Chike and Harry thread. :D

Chike, ever thought of changing your name?

(j/k)
Ha ha ha!!! I didn't see that. LOL! :D Nice one... ;)

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Update:
Consider the intermittent CE light issue resolved. I ordered an O2 sensor simulator for OBDII Subarus which will give the next owner the freedom of leaving the exhaust in it's current configuration (with the high flow Magnaflow 2-into-1 cat) or removing the cat altogether.

Also, if no one jumps on option 1 in the next few days, the car will be only available as option 2 as I'll drop her off at Svxfiles' shop to have a fresh 4.44 Legacy Outback trans put in. The car will therefore be available with a fresh trans that's never been raced or autox'd.

-Chike

Myxalplyx
12-15-2005, 08:18 AM
Chike,
What's up? :confused: I thought you already had your car sold?
-Bill

Bill,
That person would be me. I had/have plans to purchase the car. Being honest with Chike, my credit union would not give me the $$$ for the car that I wanted because of pricing the car against NADA/KBB or one of them places. The holiday season is raping me otherwise so the $$$ isn't here. Otherwise, if I would have gotten the loan I wanted, I would've had the check in hand and possibly have worked out a day Chike and I could meet to make the exchange.

So you peeps keep oohing and aahhing about this car. If I keep getting 'surprise' money (gifts, bonuses, etc) from my job, I will be there as far as purchasing the car. There is no doubt in my mind that I want it. This is EXACTLY what I wanted if I were to purchase an SVX. What Chike has done so far to this SVX would put me right were I want to be as far as modifying instead of starting from scratch. I would happily put that car in the 12's on nitrous (Or 14's just to tick Chike off). :)

If things do not work out, I'll simply continue with my plan to get the rear 4.44 diffs for my XT6 and bug the hell out of Tom to install it for me to have the first XT6 4.44 AWD. :o

So we'll see. Good luck peeps! :p

Chiketkd
12-15-2005, 04:27 PM
(Or 14's just to tick Chike off). :)
LOL!!! :D I would definitely like to see someone put this car into the 14's on the motor. Honestly Kevin, I prefer to sell her to an enthuiast like yourself who'll continue racing her, rather than someone that'll use her as a garage queen. These cars are extremely well built and a blast to race! :cool:

-Chike

SVXelerator
12-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,
Selling your SVX so you can buy a four door sedan? Has your wife exerted a grip on you such as to change the pitch at which you speak? I have heard that four door sedans are on the slippery slope to driving a Minivan and leaving one's "boys" in a jar....

benebob
12-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,
Selling your SVX so you can buy a four door sedan? Has your wife exerted a grip on you such as to change the pitch at which you speak? I have heard that four door sedans are on the slippery slope to driving a BREEDER BUGGY and leaving one's "boys" in a jar....

Fixed your post. There's ice on that slope!!! :D

That sucks Kevin is out, although maybe one of these days he'll realize the XT is a better platform for racing to begin with. I'm still interested in seeing what it goes for. If its low enough, maybe I'll buy it for a parts car for mine :D . Then maybe I'll feel like driving it more than 1500 miles a year (well probably not since it isn't a whole lot of fun to drive around town).

Chike, there's yet another red one locally at a dealer for $4500 that has new tires and is "clean" from what I'm told.. Haven't gotten to take a look at it yet.

Chiketkd
12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,
Selling your SVX so you can buy a four door sedan? Has your wife exerted a grip on you such as to change the pitch at which you speak? I have heard that four door sedans are on the slippery slope to driving a Minivan and leaving one's "boys" in a jar....
Ha ha! LOL! :D :D :D

It isn't a wife thing, but more of a "I'm almost 28 and need to be able to help my wife out more with the kids kinda thing". ;) Plus, my mother-in-law will be happier! :rolleyes:
Fixed your post. There's ice on that slope!!!

That sucks Kevin is out, although maybe one of these days he'll realize the XT is a better platform for racing to begin with. I'm still interested in seeing what it goes for. If its low enough, maybe I'll buy it for a parts car for mine . Then maybe I'll feel like driving it more than 1500 miles a year (well probably not since it isn't a whole lot of fun to drive around town).

Chike, there's yet another red one locally at a dealer for $4500 that has new tires and is "clean" from what I'm told.. Haven't gotten to take a look at it yet.
Ben,

No comment. :D :p Re-read the second paragraph of Kevin's post. He isn't out and will be making me a best offer.

-Chike

SVXelerator
12-15-2005, 08:05 PM
It isn't a wife thing, but more of a "I'm almost 28 and need to be able to help my wife out more with the kids kinda thing". ;) Plus, my mother-in-law will be happier! :rolleyes:

-Chike

Mr. ChikeRayBob,
I am so, so sorry....I hope the knife that your wife and mother-in-law used was sharp and very hot and that you had something to bite down on.....

Chiketkd
12-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,
I am so, so sorry....I hope the knife that your wife and mother-in-law used was sharp and very hot and that you had something to bite down on.....
You're too funneh! :D

Seriously, ownership of this car has been a joy and I'm sorry to be moving on...but I'm happy that I'll be staying in the Subaru family. I had a blast at the Subaru Challenge auto-x meet and I'm currently qualified for the championship stage (beginning 1/23/06) in the on-line imprezashakedown.com game. Subaru has given me one great year in '05!!!! :cool:

-Chike

SVXelerator
12-15-2005, 08:52 PM
You're too funneh! :D

I'm currently qualified for the championship stage (beginning 1/23/06) in the on-line imprezashakedown.com game. Subaru has given me one great year in '05!!!! :cool:

-Chike

Mr. ChikeRayBob,

It is very, very nice of your wife and mother-in-law to allow you the luxury of playing on-line games while you heal...is your computer located in the kitchen by any chance?

Chiketkd
12-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,

It is very, very nice of your wife and mother-in-law to allow you the luxury of playing on-line games while you heal...is your computer located in the kitchen by any chance?
No. :D It's in the living room next to the dining room.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having a 4 door and being able to help my wife out more in the morning by being able to take both kids off to school/daycare including all of their junk!

-Chike

SVXelerator
12-15-2005, 09:02 PM
No. :D It's in the living room next to the dining room.

Anyway, I'm looking forward wearing my apron while driving my soccer mom 4 door and being able to let my wife sleep in in the morning while I'm talking to all the other Moms when I drop both kids off to school/daycare!

-Chike

Mr. ChikeRayBob,
I hope you do not mind that I fixed your post....

Chiketkd
12-15-2005, 09:34 PM
My 'judging interest' thread has been officially hijacked and now my manhood is being called into question! :rolleyes: :D :p

-Chike

Tim
12-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Back on subject, Chike's car is ridiculously maintained and cared for.

I saw it during the camshaft project and the first thing I said was "Dude... do you wax underneath your hood?"

Everything was so well kept.... very impressive machine...

svxfiles
12-16-2005, 02:17 PM
My 'judging interest' thread has been officially hijacked and now my manhood is being called into question! :rolleyes: :D :p

-Chike
Don't you worry, Chi ke, the GT in Legacy GT means Grand Touring, and NOT "Gelding Trainee" like all of your friends are saying behind your back. :eek:

:) j/k

benebob
12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Don't you worry, Chi ke, the GT in Legacy GT means Grand Touring, and NOT "Gelding Trainee" like all of your friends are saying behind your back. :eek:

:) j/k

Chike has friends talking behind his back??? I thought they were talking to his other side! :D

svxfiles
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh, and Chi ke, WRX STI is World Ralley X (as in cross) Subaru Techini International, And not the often Quoted
"Wives Ruin eXcitement, Surrender Testicles Immediately!!!

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, :)

Chiketkd
12-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Tom, I bet you're really enjoying yourself right about now...at the expense of my manhood!!! :rolleyes: ;)

-Chike

P.S. Tim, thanks for the +ve words!!! :)

Myxalplyx
12-17-2005, 06:07 PM
That sucks Kevin is out, although maybe one of these days he'll realize the XT is a better platform for racing to begin with.

Out?!? :p Not by a long shot. I was just not able to purchase the car when I typed my last post. :D Had my loan went through, I would have hoped to have had the car by xmas.

Chike's in a better position than I when it comes to the wifey. I can't even talk about the SVX around my wife. My bassy voice and hairy chest instantly turns Michael Jacksonesq. Wifey says no to SVX! It's my $$$ though. Me say me likey and want an SVX. Sucks for her!

Chiketkd
12-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Cancelled my order for the O2 simulator and decided to pick up a replacement O2 sensor. Car should be at Svxfiles shop in the next 2 weeks for a fresh un-raced 4.44 4EAT! :)

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-17-2005, 06:12 PM
My bassy voice and hairy chest instantly turns Michael Jacksonesq.
LOL!!! :D

Well if I don't get a 4 door sedan soon, my wifey will beat me like a redneck baby in Walmart! :eek: :rolleyes:

-Chike

ensteele
12-17-2005, 10:53 PM

Well if I don't get a 4 door sedan soon, my wifey will beat me like a redneck baby in Walmart! :eek: :rolleyes:

-Chike

I would pay money to see that!!!! :eek: :D :D :D

Chiketkd
12-18-2005, 07:24 AM
I would pay money to see that!!!! :eek: :D :D :D
So would most of my friends & co-workers. :D :D :D

-Chike

Myxalplyx
12-18-2005, 10:07 AM

-Chike

http://www.afunworld.com/content/20051218/pictures/5/bab034.jpg

Chiketkd
12-18-2005, 11:01 AM
As the weather today was finally over 40* and sunny, I decided to take her to the local carwash and take some new pics.

Exterior
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32465.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32466.jpg

This pic shows the paint chipping on the lower panel of the passenger-side door and the small area where it's coming away from the door slightly - used OE touch-up paint over the spot.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32467.jpg

This pic shows the paint chipping on the passenger-side rear bumper.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32468.jpg

Interior
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32463.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32464.jpg

Engine Bay
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32469.jpg

-Chike

SVXRide
12-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Chike,
Looks like I missed all the "fun" posts while I was off skiing this weekend :rolleyes:
Did I remember to tell you that my wife said it was okay for me to buy another SVX, that she'd use it to drive the kids to their appointments and pick them up? :D :D
-Bill
p.s. nice shine on your car! I can tell you've got your drying/polishing technique down to an art form

Chiketkd
12-18-2005, 06:38 PM
p.s. nice shine on your car! I can tell you've got your drying/polishing technique down to an art form
LOl! I was in a rush as my wife needed me back at home to watch the kids while she went out shopping with one of her girlfriends. I took some pics before I had finished drying the car completely. The wax really brings out her shine!!!! :cool:

-Chike

SVXRide
12-18-2005, 07:21 PM
LOl! I was in a rush as my wife needed me back at home to watch the kids while she went out shopping with one of her girlfriends. I took some pics before I had finished drying the car completely. The wax really brings out her shine!!!! :cool:

-Chike

Chike,
hey, it's like everything in life - the more chances you get to practice something, the better you get at it. Your wife go shopping with her girlfriends often?
-Bill

Chiketkd
12-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Your wife go shopping with her girlfriends often?
-Bill
In all honesty, no. But she shops with her girlfriends and family more often around Xmas.

It's all fair though. I'm gone A LOT during the summer for drag racing and autoX events! :D

-Chike

TomsSVX
12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
I will agree. I didn't have time to actually detail the car before the meet today but I just got a basic wash done. I took it in the heated garage tonight and clay barred , waxed, all windows washed and am waiting to get Leather conditioner. I cannot believe how they car came even more alive tonight... granted it is the 1st time I ever had one this clean...3rd time is the charm right?? Anyway take your time Chike and maybe you will keep the SVX and just sit tight on mods until the stage2 for OBDII is released

Tom

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Anyway take your time Chike and maybe you will keep the SVX and just sit tight on mods until the stage2 for OBDII is released

Tom
Tom,

I'm definitely taking my time as I want her to go to a good owner. However, as you can see from the child seat in the back of my car, I really need a 4 door. My son is 2.5yrs old and his feet hit the back of the passenger chair when he sits in it. If my step-daughter is in the front seat, it's a tight fit and the trunk barely has enough room for all their stuff. Plus when we get to daycare, she has to get out, for me to slide her seat forward, unbuckle him and take him out. Basically, a 2+2 coupe won't work. I know it, my wife knows it...my family knows it.

-Chike

SVXRide
12-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Tom,

I'm definitely taking my time as I want her to go to a good owner. However, as you can see from the child seat in the back of my car, I really need a 4 door. My son is 2.5yrs old and his feet hit the back of the passenger chair when he sits in it. If my step-daughter is in the front seat, it's a tight fit and the trunk barely has enough room for all their stuff. Plus when we get to daycare, she has to get out, for me to slide her seat forward, unbuckle him and take him out. Basically, a 2+2 coupe won't work. I know it, my wife knows it...my family knows it.

-Chike

Chike,
Okay, here's some thoughts....

1. Move the passenger's seat forward so your son's feet don't hit it
2. Point out to your son the "Daddy doesn't like people kicking the seat's back"
3. Point out to your son that if he can't stop kicking the seat, that it's really uncomfortable riding in the trunk
4. Have your step-daughter sit in the backseat behind you and have her swing her legs over if she doesn't have enough room
5. Remove the spare tire and shelf from the trunk to make more room.
6. Behave as if you know that your wife and mother-in-law love the SVX just like you do and have no interest in you suffering by having to drive a 4 door.

-Bill

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Chike,
Okay, here's some thoughts....

1. Move the passenger's seat forward so your son's feet don't hit it
2. Point out to your son the "Daddy doesn't like people kicking the seat's back"
3. Point out to your son that if he can't stop kicking the seat, that it's really uncomfortable riding in the trunk
4. Have your step-daughter sit in the backseat behind you and have her swing her legs over if she doesn't have enough room
5. Remove the spare tire and shelf from the trunk to make more room.
6. Behave as if you know that your wife and mother-in-law love the SVX just like you do and have no interest in you suffering by having to drive a 4 door.

-Bill
1. The passenger seat is moved forward as far as possible, but my step daughter still has to sit in it.
2. Tried it, doesn't work.
3. Now I can't say that! :p
4. Yeah right. My 13 year old wouldn't do that. She likes being upfront and controlling the radio. :rolleyes:
5. Yeah, and what happens when I get a flat tire? :confused:
6. Uh, that could work for the mother-in-law but I do have to live with my wife! :eek: :rolleyes:

-Chike :D

SVXRide
12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
1. The passenger seat is moved forward as far as possible, but my step daughter still has to sit in it because she has me wrapped around her little finger.
2. Tried it, he spit at me and I gave up
3. Now there's an idea!:p
4. Yeah right. My 13 year old wouldn't do that. She likes being upfront, controlling the radio, telling me how to dress, telling me how to drive, and telling me I burned dinner last night :rolleyes:
5. Yeah, I guess I could use a can of "Fix-a-Flat" :D
6. Uh, that would work for the mother-in-law... I'll have to ask my wife the next time she gives me permission to speak :eek: :rolleyes:

Chike,
Fixed your post...
-Bill

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
I just ordered two oil filters w/ gaskets, a new coolant temp gauge sensor (my needle will stay horizontal but drop down when I coasted down-hill for extended periods) and a fresh 4.44 trans from a '97 Legacy Outback wagon. :)

My last oil change was done 2K miles ago at 125K, and I'll do one the day before the new owner picks up the car, with Mobil 1 10W30 synthetic. All remaining SVX maintenance items in my possession will go with the car (1 oil filter w/ gasket, OE touch up paint, fuses, bolts, etc.)

The new trans will be going into the car over the weekend of 12/31-1/1. And my car will be ready to go to a new owner as soon as 1/2/06.

Kevin (Myxalplyx) is a very serious potential buyer at this time, and if no one has given me a better offer by then, the car will be going to him in early to mid January. :)

-Chike

svxfiles
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
The new trans will be going into the car over the weekend of 12/31-1/1. And my car will be ready to go to a new owner as soon as 1/2/06.

-Chike
You found someone to work on New Years Eve :eek: !!!

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 11:58 AM
You found someone to work on New Years Eve :eek: !!!
I guess we didn't realize that when we discussed the date. Should we shoot for the next weekend then Tom? :)

-Chike

svxfiles
12-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I guess we didn't realize that when we discussed the date. Should we shoot for the next weekend then Tom? :)

-Chike
Seriously, Chi ke! :mad:
It's the ONE day a year I have a little drinky-poo! :rolleyes:

benebob
12-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Here's a thought. Buy yourself a nice slightly used 4 door like a protege or the like. Actually I'd go for a mid 90s legacy wagon and save some money (currently a 96ish will cost ya about 3700-4500 for a sub 100k legacy wagon, Outcraps will be more of course because they got the look) plus get awd, an easy engine to work on (with your current contacts) then keep both of 'em. Your SVX will be a weekender then so you're insurance will drop after you go a year with under 5k on it and you'll have more than enough room for all the crap your kids really don't need.

Oh yeah, how big are the boys feet? I can sit back there moderately well for 15 minutes or so.

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Seriously, Chi ke! :mad:
It's the ONE day a year I have a little drinky-poo! :rolleyes:
Well, who am I to let the trans swap get in the way of your drinky-poo! :rolleyes: :D

The following weekend of 1/7-1/8 will be fine. Pencil me in! :cool:

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Here's a thought. Buy yourself a nice slightly used 4 door like a protege or the like. Actually I'd go for a mid 90s legacy wagon and save some money (currently a 96ish will cost ya about 3700-4500 for a sub 100k legacy wagon, Outcraps will be more of course because they got the look) plus get awd, an easy engine to work on (with your current contacts) then keep both of 'em. Your SVX will be a weekender then so you're insurance will drop after you go a year with under 5k on it and you'll have more than enough room for all the crap your kids really don't need.

Oh yeah, how big are the boys feet? I can sit back there moderately well for 15 minutes or so.
Thanks but no cigar. My wife and I both want my next car to be brand new with a warranty. I don't want to deal with maintenance and replacing sensors, filters, etc on a 10 year old Legacy. Sorry, but my '96 SVX has to go. I was planning on selling it regardless and getting an older one.

I'm buying a brand new four door. Period. Where would you have my $$$ go? Subaru or maybe Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi...or how about a Mazda/Ford! :eek:

My money will go to Subaru and I'll see everyone at next year Subaru Challenge!!! :cool:

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 01:48 PM
My son's legs aren't that long, but his child seat comes up right behind the passenger seat:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/32464.jpg

It's not a tight squeeze, but it's just not comfortable. A small four door (like the WRX) will give everyone a lot more room. :)

I'm a family man first - my car(s) will always be a distant second. When I was single and dating my wife...I had a two seater (300ZX TT). When I got married and my step-daughter came into the big picture...I got a 3 seater SVT Lightning. When my son was a baby, I got the 2+2 SVX. Now he's getting bigger, and I need a larger car with a bigger trunk, and room for up to 5 - it's time for me to move on.

-Chike

benebob
12-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks but no cigar. My wife and I both want my next car to be brand new with a warranty. I don't want to deal with maintenance and replacing sensors, filters, etc on a 10 year old Legacy. Sorry, but my '96 SVX has to go. I was planning on selling it regardless and getting an older one.

I'm buying a brand new four door. Period. Where would you have my $$$ go? Subaru or maybe Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi...or how about a Mazda/Ford! :eek:

My money will go to Subaru and I'll see everyone at next year Subaru Challenge!!! :cool:

Penny wise but pound foolish in my opinion. You can get just as good of a warranty if not better without the depriciation which even on the best will be $13k in the trash in 4 years! That's a whole lot of sensor which I know of very few older subaru owners who have issues with in the first place. Heck my mom's 92 Turbo cost her $1700 in the past 4 years which was all dealer service including her t-belt and a new radiator and coolant overflow bottle which will cost a turbo owner about $200 alone! I pay less to keep my xt running tip top a year then one of my wife's monthy Legacy payments.

Oh and now subaru is doing just as Mitsucrappy so if you do any modifications or racing you just my not have that 25k warranty anyways.

If you're thinking of the kids I'd shy away from the Impreza as it isn't a really good car saftey wise anymore. The 12 years have taken its toll as far as safety goes. You'd be safer in a 95 Legacy. With that said, I also know I won't be buying another american made Subaru either as the quality is well better than VW but not by much of the one sitting in the driveway.

Myxalplyx
12-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Anyway take your time Chike and maybe you will keep the SVX and just sit tight on mods until the stage2 for OBDII is released

Tom

:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

n00b on demand
12-19-2005, 04:27 PM
The leg room on the new subaru's aren't exactly great. I know for a fact that it sucks in the new legacy...just keep that in mind...great car but the leg room in the back sucks.

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
The leg room on the new subaru's aren't exactly great. I know for a fact that it sucks in the new legacy...just keep that in mind...great car but the leg room in the back sucks.
I don't need a lot of leg room back there - just slightly more than what my 2+2 has. Plus having two rear doors will aid me in having easier access to my son's car seat.

Anyway, this isn't a "Help Chike Change His Mind Thread". I'm prepping my modified, fastest full-interior 4EAT n/a SVX for sale. I'll be test driving an '06 WRX within the next 2-3 weeks and finalizing the sale about 1-2 weeks later. My family is getting bigger and I need a four door.

Subaru is my favorite car company (even though I admire many other makes) and I'd like to spend my consumer $$$ in '06 supporting a great company that embraces people of all races, religion, and sexual orientation. :)

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-19-2005, 09:33 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :D
Ha ha ha! :D :D :D

It'll be interesting to see what kinda times you'll run with her in '06 Kevin. Would love to see her in the 14's on the motor and the 12's on the gas... :)

-Chike

Hocrest
12-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Ha ha ha! :D :D :D

It'll be interesting to see what kinda times you'll run with her in '06 Kevin. Would love to see her in the 14's on the motor and the 12's on the gas... :)

-Chike
So Kevin's getting this car?? If it was announced earlier in the thread, I missed it.

Way to go Kev, this is a nice one. Are you going to join us on the AX circuit this spring???

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 08:04 AM
So Kevin's getting this car?? If it was announced earlier in the thread, I missed it.

Way to go Kev, this is a nice one. Are you going to join us on the AX circuit this spring???
Dave,

It isn't completely etched in stone yet, but we're getting pretty damn close. :)

I definitely don't feel like I'll be leaving the SVX family as my '96 will be in the hands of an enthusiast who's passionate about making these cars go faster. Would be nice to see an SVX go 12's (w/ a timeslip).

-Chike

ensteele
12-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Are you still looking for another? :)

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Are you still looking for another? :)

He's looking for a 4 door car now Earl. ;)

ensteele
12-20-2005, 10:57 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 11:20 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yup, the family is growing up and getting bigger. Need a 4 door sedan so I'm in the market for an '06 WRX. My $$$ will be going to Subaru... :)

-Chike

benebob
12-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Yup, the family is growing up and getting bigger. Need a breederbuggy or a PigUV but since Subaru doesn't make one I can afford I'm in the market for an '06 WRX. ... :)

-Chike

Fixed your post. ;) I just hope PA doesn't screw up and pass a law requiring cycle riders to be at least 12 years old. Plan to teach my little one right that all that crap everyone carts around is just that. CRAP you don't need. :D

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Fixed your post. ;) I just hope PA doesn't screw up and pass a law requiring cycle riders to be at least 12 years old. Plan to teach my little one right that all that crap everyone carts around is just that. CRAP you don't need. :D
I hear ya Ben. My SVX is a great car, but so was my former 300ZX TT and SVT Lightning. Great cars that I'll always think fondly of...

Definitely looking forward to '06! :cool:

-Chike

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 11:59 AM
I hear ya Ben. My SVX is a great car, but so was my former 300ZX TT and SVT Lightning. Great cars that I'll always think fondly of...

Definitely looking forward to '06! :cool:

-Chike

LOL every post i read from you says one thing..." i am in denial"...its like your going through the grieving stage :D ....seems like acceptance is on the horizon :D ...im sure you will be just as happy with your WRX once you start modding it if you chose to do so ;) Will you be getting a manual or an auto?

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 12:53 PM
im sure you will be just as happy with your WRX once you start modding it if you chose to do so ;) Will you be getting a manual or an auto?
Yes, my WRX will get a few mods in the spring but nothing that'll take her out of SCCA D Stock - SPT 3" cat-back, STI panel filter and better stock sized tires. I'll probably also add a short shifter once Kartboy releases one for the '06 model.

C'mon Tom? Is that even a question??? 5spd for the win!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

-Chike

P.S. I won't describe myself as being in denial. I know I'll love my next Subaru and Myxalplyx will take care of this one... I know several people fully expect me to change my mind, but I can't - not this time. My SVX has to be sold and I need to be in a new reliable 4 door asap. :)

benebob
12-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, my WRX will get a few mods in the spring but nothing that'll take her out of SCCA D Stock - SPT 3" cat-back, STI panel filter and better stock sized tires. I'll probably also add a short shifter once Kartboy releases one for the '06 model.

I guess that warranty isn't all that important to ya then? :D

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 01:32 PM

C'mon Tom? Is that even a question??? 5spd for the win!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

-Chike

P.S. I won't describe myself as being in denial. I know I'll love my next Subaru and Myxalplyx will take care of this one... I know several people fully expect me to change my mind, but I can't - not this time. My SVX has to be sold and I need to be in a new reliable 4 door asap. :)

Hmm will you be looking for a TR or just a WRX with the turbo already there? You will be more than happy with doing the exhaust, and suspension. :D

TomsSVX
12-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah don't forget Chike, with that holy warranty you are hoovering over there are many restrictions to modding the car.

Tom

benebob
12-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah don't forget Chike, with that holy warranty you are hoovering over there are many restrictions to modding the car.

Tom

Not even that, Subaru has taken a page from Mitsucrappy's book on following up on amateur racing events and keeping that in mind when someone comes back for a warranty claim which in my opinion they should be doing as I personally don't think I should have to pay more for a road vehicle because of non legit warranty claims from someone who uses it for non-street purposes and expects someone else to pay when it breaks.

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 03:07 PM
I guess that warranty isn't all that important to ya then? :D
The SPT 3" catback, STI panel filter and new tires don't void a Subaru warranty. First two items are sold by Subaru dealers and the last one has no bearing whatsoever. :confused:

Either way, I plan to go several months of stock goodness just to be sure they're no issues with my car before modding. :)

The warranty is important but I'm buying a WRX for several good reasons.

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 03:10 PM

Tom
Agreed. That's why I'll be going with several of Subaru's factory backed upgrades initially. That's the beauty of SPT parts!

-Chike

benebob
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
The SPT 3" catback, STI panel filter and new tires don't void a Subaru warranty. First two items are sold by Subaru dealers and the last one has no bearing whatsoever. :confused:

Either way, I plan to go several months of stock goodness just to be sure they're no issues with my car before modding. :)

The warranty is important but I'm buying a WRX for several good reasons.

-Chike

I haven't heard a single good reason yet???

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
I haven't heard a single good reason yet???
This discussion is over. If all Subaru owners went with your logic the company would go under. I mean, why should anyone buy any of their new cars??? :rolleyes:

Let's see...the Legacy models suck in build quality as their built in the good ol' US of A. That rules out the Legacy sedans & wagons, Baja models, Outback XT and Outback 3.0R sedan. The Imprezas suck as they're a 12 year old platform that sucks in crash tests. That rules out the Impreza 2.5i & WRX sedans & wagons, STI, and all Forester models (even though all Forester models have earned 5-star crash test ratings for the last 5+ years). Only model left is the new B9 Tribca which is built on an extended Legacy platform - so that's a no-no as well. :rolleyes:

Hey, let's all buy 2.2L Legacys and run this awful company that keeps producing crap cars into the ground.

I'M GOING TO BUY A DAMN KIA!!!!! HAPPY NOW! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm f'ing done explaining why I'm selling my 2 door 2+2 SVX to buy a 4 door sedan to be a better dad to my kids and have some turbocharged fun at the track in '06...

-Chike

P.S. How's that for an answer Ben? :D :D :D

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
I dont understand wtf people are talking about when they say the legacy has a cheap build quality. There isn't anything in that car that is cheap looking or feels cheap. Hell even the shift knob is classy. Hell even the doors sound great when you open and close them. I really dont understand it. I dont see how people say the legacy has a bad build quality. .

AppStateSVX
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
I dont understand wtf people are talking about when they say the legacy has a cheap build quality. There isn't anything in that car that is cheap looking or feels cheap. Hell even the shift knob is classy. Hell even the doors sound great when you open and close them. I really dont understand it. I dont see how people say the legacy has a bad build quality. .

I was wondering the same thing......I think it won "car of the year" when it first came out.......

benebob
12-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I was wondering the same thing......I think it won "car of the year" when it first came out.......

Yeah so did the 1st Isuzu Trooper, the Mercury Capri, the Eagle Premier and the Dodge Neon. It is the build quality that sucks. Look at the panels. look at the orange peel, look at the MADE IN MEXICO stamped on 1/4 of the parts.

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah so did the 1st Isuzu Trooper, the Mercury Capri, the Eagle Premier and the Dodge Neon. It is the build quality that sucks. Look at the panels. look at the orange peel, look at the MADE IN MEXICO stamped on 1/4 of the parts.

Yeah but that was the late 80's and early 90's. Your dead wrong if you say the new Subaru's have cheap build quality because they don't. Weve had our Legacy 2.5i for 4 months now and everything feels just as good as when we got it. I dont anticipate the quality to deteriarate (sp?) anytime in the near future either. You really can't go wrong buying anything out of the Subaru line up today.

benebob
12-20-2005, 06:45 PM
This discussion is over. If all Subaru owners went with your logic the company would go under. I mean, why should anyone buy any of their new cars??? :rolleyes:

Let's see...the Legacy models suck in build quality as their built in the good ol' US of A. That rules out the Legacy sedans & wagons, Baja models, Outback XT and Outback 3.0R sedan. The Imprezas suck as they're a 12 year old platform that sucks in crash tests. That rules out the Impreza 2.5i & WRX sedans & wagons, STI, and all Forester models (even though all Forester models have earned 5-star crash test ratings for the last 5+ years). Only model left is the new B9 Tribca which is built on an extended Legacy platform - so that's a no-no as well. :rolleyes:

Hey, let's all buy 2.2L Legacys and run this awful company that keeps producing crap cars into the ground.

I'M GOING TO BUY A DAMN KIA!!!!! HAPPY NOW! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm f'ing done explaining why I'm selling my 2 door 2+2 SVX to buy a 4 door sedan to be a better dad to my kids and have some turbocharged fun at the track in '06...

-Chike

P.S. How's that for an answer Ben? :D :D :D

Ummm the Tribeca is made here, not in Japan and FYI 74% of cars tested qualify as a 5 star car so obviously the test, well, means about as much as a Car of the Year award.

As for the kia, sure why not support a company that doesn't pay a living wage to its employees.

FYI, Subaru's best sales year in the US was 87 so don't think for a minute that the WRX is a savior for it. If anything it'll be the downfall for subaru as they have lost focus on their traditional buyers.

benebob
12-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah but that was the late 80's and early 90's. Your dead wrong if you say the new Subaru's have cheap build quality because they don't. Weve had our Legacy 2.5i for 4 months now and everything feels just as good as when we got it. I dont anticipate the quality to deteriarate (sp?) anytime in the near future either. You really can't go wrong buying anything out of the Subaru line up today.

Ummm.. I own one! Maybe I just demand that a car track straight, not have orange peel and be made by someone who makes a living wage and who cares about putting quality in there.

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Ummm.. I own one! Maybe I just demand that a car track straight, not have orange peel and be made by someone who makes a living wage and who cares about putting quality in there.

Which one do you own?

TomsSVX
12-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Whoa this is freak out central I am unsubscribing from this mayhem

Tom

benebob
12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Which one do you own?

A legacy GT which if you'd read back on all my posts about it I explain each and every of the 14 issues its had in its 13k with us.

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Whoa this is freak out central I am unsubscribing from this mayhem

Tom
I'm with ya Tom. My SVX is practically sold and I'm getting a WRX. That's the end of my story...

-Chike

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 09:26 PM
A legacy GT which if you'd read back on all my posts about it I explain each and every of the 14 issues its had in its 13k with us.

Hey I didnt know you had a new Legacy GT...Cool...i will read those posts and get back to this when i can. I'm interested to know what has gone wrong.

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey I didnt know you had a new Legacy GT...Cool...i will read those posts and get back to this when i can. I'm interested to know what has gone wrong.
Just to steer you in the right direction Tom, Ben is referring to a 2003 Legacy GT if my memory serves me correctly...

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Just to steer you in the right direction Tom, Ben is referring to a 2003 Legacy GT if my memory serves me correctly...

Oh...im referring to the brand new model. Alot of things have changed ya know :rolleyes:

Chiketkd
12-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh...im referring to the brand new model. Alot of things have changed ya know :rolleyes:
I agree. You're referring to your personal experience with an '05+ model, while Ben is talking about his with an '03.

n00b on demand
12-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I agree. You're referring to your personal experience with an '05+ model, while Ben is talking about his with an '03.

I didnt see if you had responded to my earlier question....

Will you be looking for a TR or a regular WRX?

SVXer95
12-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Ben - Many new cars have orange peel. This is due to the paint required by the EPA. Some manufacturers get around this by spending A LOT of money painting their vehicles, but more often than not, car mfgs just deal with it. For some reason you are against new Subarus. I don't really see how their build quality has the suck compared to any other company out there. I don't hear too many people complaining. What does building in the USA have to do with anything :confused: I hate how people equate sh!t to being built in the US. Anyone know that GM has better reliability than Honduh these days?)as per JD Power and Associates)

All that said, anyone want to buy Chike's car? ;) :) :rolleyes:

SVXer95
12-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Ever considered reporting it as a lemon law vehicle?

SVXelerator
12-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,
Best of luck with your WRX purchase....I'm sure a Chrylser dealer will give you top dollar for it when your wife requires you to trade it in a year from now on a Grand Caravan with all the trimings...
Happy trails on the Soccer Mom road of life....

benebob
12-21-2005, 06:12 AM

Yeah, I hear Malcolm Briklin is going to reopen the Yugo factory, rehire the same workers but it will be a lot different.

I've driven maybe 10 05 Mazdarus and they all had the same issue.

Yes, paints have changed but for a 25k car that is unexcusable. GMs no longer have orange peel.

Lemon laws aren't good for bad build quality, just mechanical issues such as going on our 3rd tranny, in need of a new clutch, etc.

But then again, I'm anal about my cars and am trained to notice issues (can CR a car in 10 minutes with all the damage that has been done in its history). If your not power that's fine but they are joking when they pay Stevie Wonder to compare its fit and finish to Audi and BMW.

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 06:57 AM
I didnt see if you had responded to my earlier question....

Will you be looking for a TR or a regular WRX?
Sorry Tom. My bad. Ideally, I'd like a regular WRX, however, Subaru is pushing the TR models so that's what most dealers have on their lots at this time. In all likely hood, I'll be getting a crystal gray metallic '06 WRX TR model with the options of a spoiler, and hopefully boost gauge. :)
All that said, anyone want to buy Chike's car? ;) :) :rolleyes:
Thanks Collin. It looks like Myxalplyx will be getting her in mid January. :)

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Mr. ChikeRayBob,
Best of luck with your WRX purchase....I'm sure a Chrylser dealer will give you top dollar for it when your wife requires you to trade it in a year from now on a Grand Caravan with all the trimings...
Happy trails on the Soccer Mom road of life....
Not going to happen. My wife HATES minivans with a passion like myself. She's getting an SUV in the early summer.

-Chike

benebob
12-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Not going to happen. My wife HATES minivans with a passion like myself. She's getting an SUV in the early summer.

-Chike

SUV- the minivan that doesn't do the mini or the van thing as well but will cost ya more (hence the reason I said look at a legacy wagon or shutters a Passat wagon). Heck, even a used 5 series wagon can be had for less that 30k WITH the BMW (better than most new) warranty. Did ya know the 5 series wagon beats the X5 in every single catagory from space everywhere to acceleration to g. mileage to handling etc, except its towing capacity. Oh yeah, its also 20 grand cheaper but yet the x5 outsells it 11 to 1.

SVXRide
12-21-2005, 08:18 AM
SUV- the minivan that doesn't do the mini or the van thing as well but will cost ya more (hence the reason I said look at a legacy wagon or shutters a Passat wagon). Heck, even a used 5 series wagon can be had for less that 30k WITH the BMW (better than most new) warranty. Did ya know the 5 series wagon beats the X5 in every single catagory from space everywhere to acceleration to g. mileage to handling etc, except its towing capacity. Oh yeah, its also 20 grand cheaper but yet the x5 outsells it 11 to 1.

Chike,
Good to hear your wife hates minivans...unfortunately, I think you'll find that SUVs can be a royal pain with kids (we got rid of our Trooper when kid #3 came on the scene) - just try to get everyone buckled in with your a## hanging out the door in the rain/snow :eek: Then you get to add in the really crappy gas mileage...

Ben,
Hey, I've been eyeing the 5 series wagon too! What prices have you been seeing on ones with 30-50k on the odo?

-Bill

svxfiles
12-21-2005, 10:26 AM
:o
Hmmmm, Does Subaru make a tire shreading, great handeling, Outback/Legacy wagon?

green_eyed_lady
12-21-2005, 10:43 AM

-Chike

Chike,

I agree with you completely (about selling your SVX and getting a "sensible" car). I have not had time lately to check the Network, but I hear about everything secondhand, and I, for one, appreciate and applaud your dedication to your family and not just your p*nis, like some of the other members here. It takes a great sacrifice on your part, but for the sake of family harmony, I think it is the right thing to do.

Those of you who know me can vouch for the fact that I am not some emasculating female, so that's not where I'm coming from.

(This one IS from green_eyed_lady. Sorry, svxfiles, if you get flamed. :( )

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Chike,

I agree with you completely (about selling your SVX and getting a "sensible" car). I have not had time lately to check the Network, but I hear about everything secondhand, and I, for one, appreciate and applaud your dedication to your family and not just your p*nis, like some of the other members here. It takes a great sacrifice on your part, but for the sake of family harmony, I think it is the right thing to do.

Those of you who know me can vouch for the fact that I am not some emasculating female, so that's not where I'm coming from.

(This one IS from green_eyed_lady. Sorry, svxfiles, if you get flamed. :( )
Thanks Di! I look forward to getting a 'more' sensible 4 door and being able to go away on short day trips with the kids to give my wife a break from time-to-time.

...and trust me when I say the SVX family won't see any less of me. I love these cars and always will! :)

-Chike

n00b on demand
12-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Cool chike...make sure you get the grey wheels too...i saw a pic of it on nasioc and it looks so awesome!!

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Chike,
Good to hear your wife hates minivans...unfortunately, I think you'll find that SUVs can be a royal pain with kids (we got rid of our Trooper when kid #3 came on the scene) - just try to get everyone buckled in with your a## hanging out the door in the rain/snow :eek: Then you get to add in the really crappy gas mileage...
I hear ya Bill. SUVs definitely have their downsides. But my wife is an SUV kinda gal, and wants to eventually get a German Sheperd dog. She doesn't plan on getting anything huge like a Chevy Suburban, but something more along the lines of a Honda Pilot/ Mitsu Endeavor (and her choice of suv is not up for debate folks!).

-Chike ;)

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Cool chike...make sure you get the grey wheels too...i saw a pic of it on nasioc and it looks so awesome!!
All '06 WRXs come with silver 17x7 7 spoke alloy wheels. I know the member you speak of, but he painted his stock wheels a gunmetal color. Definitely looks sweet!

-Chike

n00b on demand
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
All '06 WRXs come with silver 17x7 7 spoke alloy wheels. I know the member you speak of, but he painted his stock wheels a gunmetal color. Definitely looks sweet!

-Chike

Yeah thats what im talkin about...see if you can look into doing that when you start to mod...it looks sweet!!

SVXRide
12-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Chike,

Damn, Tom, I applaude your defense of Chike! Does this have anything to do with turning 50? :eek:
-Bill

benebob
12-21-2005, 01:36 PM
525 sport wagon above average cond 30k average auto 25k
525 " " stick 23k
540 " " auto 34k

Pricing is dealer wholesale so expect 3-6k higher on retail, 7-8k if you're getting a BMW preowned warranty

Chike, it may not be up for debate but you still have 6 months or so to work some ideas on her. :D Granted she is well a woman so the next statment doesn't always apply but put any sane person behind the test drive of any SUV then behind a 540i wagon and if price isn't a concern then they won't go home with that SUV. Most people think the maintaince is the killer with Bimmers but really that $150 oil change every 15-20k when the car tells you its bad isn't much more than 3 6k oil changes on a normal car.

Di, having spent plenty of time in the back of Imprezas it is only moderately more tolerable than the back of an SVX. I'm simply trying to give the chap things he might not have thought of when new car fever hit. An Impreza in 3 years will probably be getting too small for the family anyways. Sure ideally a new bigger car would be great for kids but so would squirlling away $10k towards retirement or the kids higher education at this point. Moving up to a slightly larger vehicle such as a Legacy would probably mean he'd get a few more years out of it and would also be able to put more mods on it that he might have long enough to see a return out of it. An educated shopper is the one who makes the right decision in the long run. Of course, his might be the WRX at this point but I'd hate for him to follow in my father's footsteps and get the car he's been dreaming about for years (his was a 69 TR6) and then have to get rid of it a year or 2 later at a huge loss for a VW Bug. Too this day my father hates all cars and won't do a thing to keep 'em nice but spent every saturday waxing that Triumph! It'd be a shame for Chike to get his WRX then go through the same thing after putting even more $$$ into it modifying it. This is the reason we have a Legacy GT over a WRX, well that and the side impact airbags were a huge selling point as it'll be around until it has long since paid for itself

benebob
12-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Damn, Tom, I applaude your defense of Chike! Does this have anything to do with turning 50? :eek:
-Bill

Oh crap that is today isn't it! For some reason I thought is was tomorrow. May you enjoy the day and remember if there is a 6 foot 3 inch guy dressed in a black clock holding a sickle knocking at the door today. Whatever you do, DON'T ANSWER IT TOM!!! ;)

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Chike, it may not be up for debate but you still have 6 months or so to work some ideas on her. :D Granted she is well a woman so the next statment doesn't always apply but put any sane person behind the test drive of any SUV then behind a 540i wagon and if price isn't a concern then they won't go home with that SUV. Most people think the maintaince is the killer with Bimmers but really that $150 oil change every 15-20k when the car tells you its bad isn't much more than 3 6k oil changes on a normal car.

Di, having spent plenty of time in the back of Imprezas it is only moderately more tolerable than the back of an SVX. I'm simply trying to give the chap things he might not have thought of when new car fever hit. An Impreza in 3 years will probably be getting too small for the family anyways. Sure ideally a new bigger car would be great for kids but so would squirlling away $10k towards retirement or the kids higher education at this point. Moving up to a slightly larger vehicle such as a Legacy would probably mean he'd get a few more years out of it and would also be able to put more mods on it that he might have long enough to see a return out of it. An educated shopper is the one who makes the right decision in the long run. Of course, his might be the WRX at this point but I'd hate for him to follow in my father's footsteps and get the car he's been dreaming about for years (his was a 69 TR6) and then have to get rid of it a year or 2 later at a huge loss for a VW Bug. Too this day my father hates all cars and won't do a thing to keep 'em nice but spent every saturday waxing that Triumph! It'd be a shame for Chike to get his WRX then go through the same thing after putting even more $$$ into it modifying it. This is the reason we have a Legacy GT over a WRX, well that and the side impact airbags were a huge selling point as it'll be around until it has long since paid for itself
Great explanation and very sound advice which I'll take to heart. However, I've been thinking about a WRX for quite some time and even considered one back when I went with the SVT Ligthning.

I don't think I'll be going in way over my head on payments for the car, so there's no chance I'll ever need to sell it due to financial reasons. I'll be putting down at least 7K and paying for tax, tag & title, so all I'll need to finance will be ~16K. With my good credit and my Credit Union's rates (and the fact I'm a home-owner with equity in my house), my payments will be less than $300/mo.

I can see my family out-growing an impreza in time, but that'll be a bridge I'll cross when I reach it. I also hope to be able to acquire a '92-'95 SVX sometime down the road and probably just leave it stock (or only do a 4.44 swap like Svxfiles' pearlie)! :eek:

I have been known to change my mind at times in the past, but the need to switch to a 4 door, is coming from my family and deep within myself. I think all dad's go through this phase in their lives...and it's my turn!

If I ever have to graduate from the Impreza, the Legacy GT will be my most natural choice. I plan on having a Subaru in my driveway for many years to come. :)

-Chike

green_eyed_lady
12-21-2005, 03:13 PM
...Di, having spent plenty of time in the back of Imprezas it is only moderately more tolerable than the back of an SVX....
It's not just the backseat room to consider, it's also the ease of access (especially with kids in carseats) and lack of storage space. When I was "babysitting" (9 hours a day, 3 days a week) for my two nieces (ages 2 and 5), I bought a Chevy Prizm (4 door) just for easy access. You can't even fit a normal sized cooler in the trunk of an SVX, let alone a bicycle. :(

svxfiles
12-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh crap that is today isn't it! For some reason I thought is was tomorrow. May you enjoy the day and remember if there is a 6 foot 3 inch guy dressed in a black clock holding a sickle knocking at the door today. Whatever you do, DON'T ANSWER IT TOM!!! ;)
Thanks, Ben.
I know of whom you speak.

We used to ride large fast black motorcycles, together, Death and I.

It was a wild, uncontrolled, insane, scarey, possibly suicidal attempt to feel alive!

What a ride!

And it's not yet over! :cool:

benebob
12-21-2005, 04:22 PM
It's not just the backseat room to consider, it's also the ease of access (especially with kids in carseats) and lack of storage space. When I was "babysitting" (9 hours a day, 3 days a week) for my two nieces (ages 2 and 5), I bought a Chevy Prizm (4 door) just for easy access. You can't even fit a normal sized cooler in the trunk of an SVX, let alone a bicycle. :(

Di have you met Chike? :D I've seen toothpicks wider than him. Cooler? What do kids need to have a full case of beer on ice in the back for anyways? If they really need that you can always get run flats and fill the tire well with beverages.

Chiketkd
12-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Di have you met Chike? :D I've seen toothpicks wider than him. Cooler? What do kids need to have a full case of beer on ice in the back for anyways? If they really need that you can always get run flats and fill the tire well with beverages.
Di is right though Ben. During the summer, I need a trunk large enough to hold my son's tricycle, and a cooler is useful for picnics. Even a small compact like my wife's Mitsu Lancer ES is more roomy and easier to load/unload the kids than the SVX.

Heck, the Impreza WRX has a higher EPA fuel economy rating (20/26mpg) than the SVX (17/23mpg).

-Chike

benebob
12-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Di is right though Ben. During the summer, I need a trunk large enough to hold my son's tricycle, and a cooler is useful for picnics. Even a small compact like my wife's Mitsu Lancer ES is more roomy and easier to load/unload the kids than the SVX.

Heck, the Impreza WRX has a higher EPA fuel economy rating (20/26mpg) than the SVX (17/23mpg).

-Chike

How small is his tricycle or are you getting the breadwagon version? I know my XT6 trunk is bigger than an Impreza (not as easy to load but bigger) and I can't fit a tricycle in it. Not even close!!! Had to shove it in the front seat the just yesterday to take it to the bike shop that I never made it too. I'm fairly sure the Lancer is actually bigger than the Impreza nominally.

bwb3
12-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Tried to put my daughter's mega stroller in the SVX but it wouldn't fit. Slipped right into her smaller Civic trunk with no problem. I was much happier about that since they were heading to the mall.

svxfiles
12-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Chi ke, I've got it!!

Ship the kids off to military school, and keep the SVX. :)
The military school will build character, give you and Sarah some time together, give the kids the brutal killing skills we all need for our daily lives. :)

p.s. Don't tell Di. :o

p.p.s. And PLEASE GOD DO NOT TELL Sarah! :eek:

Think about it...

Chiketkd
12-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Send a 2 yr old off to military school?! :eek:

-Chike

svxfiles
12-22-2005, 08:01 AM
What a GREAT idea!!! Send a 2 yr old off to military school!! Just think, by the time he is 10, he could probably kick MY @ss :eek:
Thank's Tom! :cool:
-Chike
Fixed your post. :)

ensteele
12-22-2005, 08:15 AM

-Chike

But we all know that the EPA fuel economy rating is lower than it really is. :rolleyes: :D

ensteele
12-22-2005, 08:16 AM

-Chike

We can't get started on this too soon - can we? :D :D

benebob
12-22-2005, 08:40 AM

-Chike

Your right, you should've done it last year! He'll be too far behind the 8 ball now!!! :D

svxfiles
12-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Your right, you should've done it last year! He'll be too far behind the 8 ball now!!! :D
Soldier in training,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pants! :D

Chiketkd
12-22-2005, 10:31 AM
But we all know that the EPA fuel economy rating is lower than it really is. :rolleyes: :D
Agreed. My 4.44 geared SVX gets 20mpg city and 26mpg highway. Several broken-in WRXs top 30mpg highway.

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I had a small pay-off still left on my SVX which I took care of this morning, so I'll have the title in hand in about 2 weeks.

-Chike

benebob
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Agreed. My 4.44 geared SVX gets 20mpg city and 26mpg highway. Several broken-in WRXs top 30mpg highway.

-Chike

Still pathetic if you think about it... My XT averages 30mpg or so in mixed driving and will give any WRX or SVX a run for the money on a track provided I can run with the same size tires.

SVXRide
12-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Still pathetic if you think about it... My XT averages 30mpg or so in mixed driving and will give any WRX or SVX a run for the money on a track provided I can run with the same size tires.

Ben,
Can you fit 225/50-16s on the XT?
-Bill

Chiketkd
12-22-2005, 12:26 PM
You're referring to a tight autox track. ;)

I seriously doubt your XT will be able to give any SVX a run at a 1/4 mile track or on a longer circuit track like Summit Point. The SVX also consumes more gas as it has a bigger engine (3.3L vs 2.7L) and weighs a lot more.

The gas mileage isn't that bad when you consider other cars in its class like the former Lexus SC300.

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 09:18 AM
My wife and her mom were going shopping today and I overheard my wife talking to her. Basically, my mother-in-law didn't realize how soon everything was going to happen and she was elated that I'll have a 4 door within the next 3-4 weeks. My mother-in-law is also happy that it'll be a Subaru as she knows I love these cars a lot and talk about them all the time - plus I'll be able to drive my family around should a big snow storm hit this winter. :)

As Di mentioned earlier, if getting a 4 door will lessen family tension, then do it. This decision isn't up for debate and I need to follow-through on it folks.

-Chike

SVXRide
12-23-2005, 09:22 AM
My wife and her mom were going shopping today while I clean the house until it shines. I overheard my wife talking to her mom. Basically, my mother-in-law didn't realize how soon everything was going to happen and she was elated that I'll have a 4 door within the next 3-4 weeks and will start doing all of my wife's driving jobs too! My mother-in-law is also happy that it'll be a Subaru as she knows I love these cars a lot and talk about them all the time while I'm cooking and cleaning! She's especially happy that I'll be able to drive my family and her around should a big snow storm hit this winter. :)

As Di mentioned earlier, if getting a 4 door will lessen family tension, then do it. This decision isn't up for debate and I need to follow-through on it folks.

-Chike

Chike,
Glad everything is working out for you...
-Bill

n00b on demand
12-23-2005, 09:27 AM
i know your pretty set on a WRX...but just promise me you will give the legacy a good look when you go to the dealership =)

benebob
12-23-2005, 09:34 AM
You're referring to a tight autox track. ;)

I seriously doubt your XT will be able to give any SVX a run at a 1/4 mile track or on a longer circuit track like Summit Point. The SVX also consumes more gas as it has a bigger engine (3.3L vs 2.7L) and weighs a lot more.

The gas mileage isn't that bad when you consider other cars in its class like the former Lexus SC300.

-Chike

No I'm quite certain that on a real track with turns the XT will definately hold its own (remember I said tires needed to be equalized as 14 inch 5.5 inch rims are a little bit undersized for it).

The Impreza though has a smaller engine and weighs in only 200 or so pounds more than a 6. I would think it should be good for better mileage. My mom averages about 27 in 95% city driving with her Legacy Turbo (no, not the Mazdaru versus).

I think the SVX gets very decent mileage, the current line up of Subarus not so much though. They haven't improved a bit since the early 90s and if anything get worse mileage even with added tech.

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Chike,
Glad everything is working out for you...
-Bill
Thanks Bill. I should have pics up of my new ride by the end of Januaryu at the latest.:)

i know your pretty set on a WRX...but just promise me you will give the legacy a good look when you go to the dealership =)
I wish Tom, but in '06 Subaru has gotten rid of the base Legacy GT and only offers the more expensive GT Limited. The base GT would have been in my price range, but the limited is not.

-Chike

ensteele
12-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Chike

I am glad you have the right mental attitude on the whole project. It is great to have a happy family and it is important for you to be happy too. The next car will be another adventure as well. Good luck and have fun. ;) :)

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 10:13 AM
No I'm quite certain that on a real track with turns the XT will definately hold its own (remember I said tires needed to be equalized as 14 inch 5.5 inch rims are a little bit undersized for it).

The Impreza though has a smaller engine and weighs in only 200 or so pounds more than a 6. I would think it should be good for better mileage. My mom averages about 27 in 95% city driving with her Legacy Turbo (no, not the Mazdaru versus).

I think the SVX gets very decent mileage, the current line up of Subarus not so much though. They haven't improved a bit since the early 90s and if anything get worse mileage even with added tech.
While the XT/XT6's are good handlers, they run the 1/4 mile in the 16's so on long straight-aways the lack of top-end power will allow an SVX driver to pull away.

Even in the twisty stuff (with both cars on identical rubber), if you put equally good drivers behind the wheel of the SVX (e.g. newsvx or SVXRide) and XT (Benebob or Hocrest), I'm sure the SVX will come out ahead each time due to the better power-to-weight ratio.

Now if someone shoved an EG33 into an XT and ran 225 sized rubber, that thing will be a beast! :cool:

-Chike

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Chike

I am glad you have the right mental attitude on the whole project. It is great to have a happy family and it is important for you to be happy too. The next car will be another adventure as well. Good luck and have fun. ;) :)
Thanks Earl! I'm looking forward to it as well as my family. ;)

I'll definitely remain in the SVX family and I'm looking forward to Reading '06!:)

-Chike

green_eyed_lady
12-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks Earl! I'm looking forward to it as well as my family. ;)

I'll definitely remain in the SVX family and I'm looking forward to Reading '06!:)

-Chike
Sure, now that you won't be driving an SVX you'll come to Reading......:rolleyes:

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Sure, now that you won't be driving an SVX you'll come to Reading......:rolleyes:
Hey, at least I'll be there! It's all about the community! :)

Merry Xmas Di!:cool:

-Chike

benebob
12-23-2005, 11:40 AM

Maybe I'll enlist him to get mine up there since I can't take 4 vehicles at a time:D .

svxfiles
12-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey, Di/ Chi ke can drive one of ours!:D

If I time his tranny swap just right, I'll be finishing it up in time for Reading!:cool:

just kidding Chi ke.:)

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 06:01 PM
If I time his tranny swap just right, I'll be finishing it up in time for Reading!:cool:

just kidding Chi ke.:)
Now that's just cruel... ;)

Get a chance to take any pics btw? :)

-Chike

SVXRide
12-23-2005, 06:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-2002-Subaru-WRX-custom-showcar-7900-miles-STi_W0QQitemZ4597885075QQcategoryZ31868QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

-Bill:D

Chiketkd
12-23-2005, 07:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-2002-Subaru-WRX-custom-showcar-7900-miles-STi_W0QQitemZ4597885075QQcategoryZ31868QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

-Bill:D
Oh what a sweet car! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'll take my '06 WRX...thank you. ;)

Myxalplyx
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
D-Day is coming! :p

BTW: Chike, even thinking about your SVX does not make my family happy. Oh well!

Chiketkd
12-26-2005, 07:58 PM
D-Day is coming! :p

BTW: Chike, even thinking about your SVX does not make my family happy. Oh well!
Yup, D-day is about to arrive. The fresh '97 Legacy Outback trans is at Svxfiles' shop and he took a few pics of it which I'll e-mail you tomorrow when I'm at work... :)

-Chike

P.S. Due to next weekend being New Year's, Svxfiles' shop will be putting in the trans the following weekend on January 8th. She'll be ready to roll after that...

newsvx
12-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Chike,
Sorry to see you leave the SVX ranks, but I am hopeing you will stay with us here on the network - I enjoy your insightful posts and I would hate to lose track of a friend.

Now, once you get the WRX, I am assuming you will be up to Winchester to run autocross with us ... :)

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!

Harry

Chiketkd
12-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Chike,
Sorry to see you leave the SVX ranks, but I am hopeing you will stay with us here on the network - I enjoy your insightful posts and I would hate to lose track of a friend.

Now, once you get the WRX, I am assuming you will be up to Winchester to run autocross with us ... :)

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!

Harry
Harry,

I won't be leaving you or any of my SVX friends behind. I'm looking forward to Reading 2006 and I plan to compete with my factory stock '06 WRX in SCCA D-stock. I'm not sure if I'll make meets in Winchester as I'm getting pretty involved with my local Blue Ridge Region SCCA chapter...:)

-Chike

P.S. Harry, hope you and Ruth had a merry Christmas as well! Sarah, myself and kids had a wonderful time!

benebob
12-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Harry,
I'm not sure if I'll make meets in Winchester as I'm getting pretty involved with my local Blue Ridge Region SCCA chapter...:)

See Harry, he's still afraid of ya!!!:eek: :D

newsvx
12-27-2005, 08:07 AM
See Harry, he's still afraid of ya!!!:eek: :D
errrr, Ben, where you been??? :D :D :D :p

Hope to see you at the Subaru Challange in the Spring!!

Harry

Chiketkd
12-27-2005, 08:33 AM

Harry
The Subaru Challenge is in the Spring in '06? Is the info up already. I'm there!!!!!!!!!:cool:

-Chike

benebob
12-27-2005, 08:36 AM

Harry

I'm around, been working a lot on my scooter (which by the way would go around an autox course faster than Chike would even now without the 5hp piece of iron in it:D ).

Ditto about the Subaru Challenge.

I better start cutting fenders up then so those 275s will find a new home!:D

Chiketkd
12-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm around, been working a lot on my scooter (which by the way would go around an autox course faster than Chike would even now without the 5hp piece of iron in it:D ).
LMAO!!!!:D :D :D

Hey, my driving skills are improving steadily. I consistently finished 3rd or 4th out of 8-10 drivers in GS with my local SCCA chapter in the Fall. Once I get my WRX, I'll need to get some better rubber and 're-learn' the car.

-Chike

benebob
12-27-2005, 09:10 AM
LMAO!!!!:D :D :D

Hey, my driving skills are improving steadily. I consistently finished 3rd or 4th out of 8-10 drivers in GS with my local SCCA chapter in the Fall. Once I get my WRX, I'll need to get some better rubber and 're-learn' the car.

-Chike

But your car was anything but GS. Where would you have been without your changes? That's the key.:D

Chiketkd
12-27-2005, 10:00 AM
But your car was anything but GS. Where would you have been without your changes? That's the key.:D
True. I had a header-back exhaust, sway bar bushings and slightly wider wheels (but stock sized tires) that put me out of being truly in G-Stock (didn't race with the cams).

My '06 WRX will truly be a 'stocker' when I compete in D-stock and things'll be interesting. As the season goes on, I'll add 200 tread wear tires, a panel filter and maybe an axle-back exhaust all of which are legal in the stock classes for '06. I also hope to go to the drag strip at least once in the Spring to get a baseline down and see where I'm at again in the Fall after the few changes I make throught the season.

'06 should be very interesting!

-Chike

SVXRide
12-27-2005, 10:41 AM

Ditto about the Subaru Challenge.

I better start cutting fenders up then so those 275s will find a new home!:D

Ben,
All four 275s will be up at Tom's as of tomorrow (Wednesday).
-Bill
p.s. Bill Stock will rule again at the 2006 Subaru Challenge (ESP or EP, take your pick!):cool: :D

Chiketkd
12-27-2005, 11:16 AM
p.s. Bill Stock will rule again at the 2006 Subaru Challenge (ESP or EP, take your pick!):cool: :D
Looking forward to seeing you run against those high-powered STIs/WRXs.
Any idea when the '06 Subaru Challenge will be? Went to their website and nothing was posted yet????

-Chike

SVXRide
12-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Looking forward to seeing you run against those high-powered STIs/WRXs.
Any idea when the '06 Subaru Challenge will be? Went to their website and nothing was posted yet????

-Chike

Chike,
Unless something weird comes up, I'm fairly certain they'll have it at Ripken Stadium again.
-Bill (working on having a "high-powered" SVX to run against the high-powered STIs/WRXs;) )

Chiketkd
12-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Chike,
Unless something weird comes up, I'm fairly certain they'll have it at Ripken Stadium again.
-Bill (working on having a "high-powered" SVX to run against the high-powered STIs/WRXs;) )
I loved the Ripken venue. Great facility and the parking lot had plenty of room for everyone. Someone mentioned it was going to take place in the Spring? Is this confirmed?

benebob
12-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Ben,
All four 275s will be up at Tom's as of tomorrow (Wednesday).
-Bill

Well since you aren't legal for EP then that won't count. Its quite clear that unless its stated that you can do it then you can not (December Sports Car Mag Green pages). Hence, cams will be quite difficult without retuning the ecu (which isn't legal) won't it? I'm actually expecting we won't be in EP next year or the year after that possibly if they don't classify it by March.

SVXRide
12-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Well since you aren't legal for EP then that won't count. Its quite clear that unless its stated that you can do it then you can not (December Sports Car Mag Green pages). Hence, cams will be quite difficult without retuning the ecu (which isn't legal) won't it? I'm actually expecting we won't be in EP next year or the year after that possibly if they don't classify it by March.

Ben,
So, you're saying I'll have to slap some RT-615 or T-1s on it and run SM?:eek: :D
-Bill

benebob
12-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Ben,
So, you're saying I'll have to slap some RT-615 or T-1s on it and run SM?:eek: :D
-Bill

Unless they allow ecu changes in esp then yes. I wouldn't recommend falkens thogh for you porker.

Chiketkd
12-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Had a conversation with Myxalplyx on Friday and it looks like all the finer details have been ironed out. Pick-up date is still not finalized but will be sometime in the last 2 weeks of January.

-Chike

Chiketkd
01-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Myxalplyx is taking delivery of my car tomorrow! :cool:

...and he has a dyno appt scheduled for Thursday. ;)

-Chike

svxfiles
01-24-2006, 02:26 PM

-Chike
So, Chi ke, since your last dyno run, you have installed cams, 4.44s, a higher fpr, and a free flowing exhaust..
Anything else?

TomsSVX
01-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Thats awsome. Be able to see what the cams are doing roughly

Tom

Hocrest
01-24-2006, 05:38 PM

-Chike

I know Kevin from over at XT6.net... I would aproximate that his XT6's have got more mileage on a dyno than Benebob puts on his SVX in a year:D :D :D

benebob
01-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I know Kevin from over at XT6.net... I would aproximate that his XT6's have got more mileage on a dyno than Benebob puts on his SVX in a year:D :D :D

At least I can put miles on my SVX while it is under its OWN power! I'm sure I put more SVX miles on the track last year then I did on the road though. Maybe this will be the year for another 3000 miles!!!:D

Chiketkd
01-24-2006, 06:28 PM
So, Chi ke, since your last dyno run, you have installed cams, 4.44s, a higher fpr, and a free flowing exhaust..
Anything else?
STI panel filter and phenolic spacers.

I doubt he'll see 5-10 hp more than my previous pull due to the factory MAF being maxed out at roughly 240hp...

I know Kevin from over at XT6.net... I would aproximate that his XT6's have got more mileage on a dyno than Benebob puts on his SVX in a year
That's exactly why I wanted to sell her to someone like Kevin! :cool:

-Chike

Chiketkd
01-25-2006, 03:34 PM
As I type this, Kevin (Myxalplyx) is heading north out of Charlottesville, VA towards Washington DC on his way back home to DE. He's a great guy and it was a pleasure selling my car to him and I know she's in good hands...but I already miss her greatly! :(

He has a dyno session at XoticMotorsports in the morning, so hopefully he'll have some dyno graphs up that evening.

-Chike

benebob
01-25-2006, 05:42 PM
As I type this, Kevin (Myxalplyx) is heading north out of Charlottesville, VA towards Washington DC on his way back home to DE. He's a great guy and it was a pleasure selling my car to him and I know she's in good hands...but I already miss her greatly! :(

He has a dyno session at XoticMotorsports in the morning, so hopefully he'll have some dyno graphs up that evening.

-Chike

So do you have your fingers crossed that the transmission gods strike tonight so you can get your car back or are they crossed hoping they have better things to do on Kevin's trip home?:D

TomsSVX
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
looks like it went down without a hitch. Congrats Mixaplixaxinaxsks(Kevin) and Chike, you officially have no business here anymore....so go away;) :D :D :D

Glad to hear everything went smoothly

Tom

Chiketkd
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
So do you have your fingers crossed that the transmission gods strike tonight so you can get your car back or are they crossed hoping they have better things to do on Kevin's trip home?:D
Very funneh! :) That car is reliable to a fault!

I'm looking forward to Kevin's dyno numbers tomorrow. I want to see some big numbers! :cool:

-Chike

Myxalplyx
01-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Very funneh! :) That car is reliable to a fault!

I'm looking forward to Kevin's dyno numbers tomorrow. I want to see some big numbers! :cool:

-Chike

Just getting in the house Chike! :o I'll get some pics up of the dyno session. I'm not expecting much since I'm a pessimist but you never know. Man, I'm exhausted and it is 2:30am now. I better get some rest.

huck369
01-26-2006, 06:02 AM
Congrats Kevin,
Looking forward to hearing about your dyno run....

Chiketkd
01-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Just getting in the house Chike! :o I'll get some pics up of the dyno session. I'm not expecting much since I'm a pessimist but you never know. Man, I'm exhausted and it is 2:30am now. I better get some rest.
Glad you got home safely Kevin. Looking forward to those numbers today!!!!!!! :cool:

-Chike

Chiketkd
01-26-2006, 07:22 AM
looks like it went down without a hitch. Congrats Mixaplixaxinaxsks(Kevin) and Chike, you officially have no business here anymore....so go away;) :D :D :D

Glad to hear everything went smoothly

Tom
Thanks Tom. Hey, I'll still be around a bunch on this board. Besides, once my new car is broken in I'll have to give you a call to see when we can hit the drag strip! :cool:

-Chike

benebob
01-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks Tom. Hey, I'll still be around a bunch on this board. Besides, once my new car is broken I'll have to give you a call to see when I can borrow yours to hit the drag strip! :cool:

-Chike

Fixed your post! Glad you got the baby home Kevin. That better mean you'll make the 1.5 hour drive to reading this year and of course will be joining us in Aberdeen for a few cone tosses.

Chiketkd
01-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Very funneh Ben! I'm looking forward to draggin' the WRX TR!!! :cool:

I just spoke with Kevin, he's on his way to the dyno shop. Plans on doing 6 pulls or so, and we'll be talking again around 2pm.

-Chike