PDA

View Full Version : Looking for SVX Stereo Unit!!!!

Shadowyng
03-06-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm looking for bothe the head unit and the cd unit for the SVX. I can't imagine that there is a difference between the years that the stereo was made... my SVX was a 1992 model....Believe it or not I no longer have the stereo in my car... my fahter took the old unit and replaced it into his Ford Ranger....it fit quiet well and gave him the use of a CD player too... I can imagine there are a lot of units out there.. If the price is truly resonable I will get in touch with you and dicuss the transaction. Other wise if there are none out there its just time to call crutchfield and get a cheap disc player( or just go back to the orginal radio for the Ford)...Thanks again everyone!!! (and I will post pictures of how the radio looks when installed...it looks ike it was designed to fit right inot the FOrd....except for the fact that the radio does have Subaru marked on the outside!!!!!

Zeppelin
03-06-2002, 02:27 PM
I have my old stock radio sitting around with no use for it.. I'd part with it for $100 shipped. Worked great for me, but I needed RCA outputs for my sub. Let me know, price can be somewhat negotiable too..

Green1995SVX
03-06-2002, 02:40 PM
I'll sell you mine for $30... its just the L headunit though... no CD player.

-Mike

Beav
03-06-2002, 05:21 PM
Sounds like you need to crack ol' Dad's knuckles with a ruler. Woulda been easier to buy him his own radio...

Beav

Geok
03-06-2002, 06:53 PM
A 95 and up legacy or 93 and up impreza radio will work also.

**92SVX**
03-07-2002, 10:29 AM
Legacy stereo will work...with only minor wiring upgrades.

Shadowyng
03-08-2002, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the great response!!!!! Actually need to put the fire out right now.... granted the head unit wasn't working,, but after a day of sitting on the work bench it exorcised( got the demons out) on its own...something must of got hot and just opened a circut(timed fuse) The next day it was working again.. and last I heard my Dad did the same thing again... only a matter of making another phone call to see if the stereo once again comes back form the dead.....but in all wose case...I might just be buying another radio when the old unit has had enough of my dad F*#&ing with it!!!! Thanks again everyone.... pictures at a later will will ensue!!!!!!

DavieGravy
03-08-2002, 09:44 PM
I have both the tape and cd unit sitting in the basement. Contact me by email and I will beet anyones price here. You'l have to pay S and H though
Dave