PDA

View Full Version : General Mod info:

Phast SVX
02-21-2001, 02:19 PM
Hey all,
Has anyone purchased the bugshield for the moonroof from Subaruparts.com? Ive never really gotten a chance to seee how it looks on a car, and the pic does no good in the catalog.
thanks
phast

SVXpowerman
02-22-2001, 09:44 AM
I would recommend against it.

It messes up the lines on the car.

You really don't want it, it looks tacky, like it is just a piece of plastic on the roof.

Aredubjay
02-22-2001, 12:18 PM
I know of one person who ordered one and was greatly disappointed that it never fit right. No matter what they did, they could not get it to sit flat . . . the wind noise was aggravating. I had one on my Peugeot that looked good and fit well and I liked it, but, I really think it breaks up the lines (and possibly reduces the fine 0.29 cx of the SVX).

Rev Hard
02-27-2001, 08:39 AM
i havent had a good experience with any acrilic parts none of them have ever fit right from headlight covers to sunroof guards to solar wings... Maybe its just me though

Phast SVX
02-27-2001, 01:52 PM
Ya, im thinking i should just save my cash for a while. In case somthing happens. Thanks for all your help

cocacola08
08-30-2001, 10:42 AM
I'm digging up some more dead threads. I have the wind deflector, got it from my dealor for somewhere around $50.

I don't think it messes w/the lines that much. and I haven't noticed any increace in wind noise. The only thing I don't like about it is the piece of weatherstripping around the front. It doesn't stay on very well.

1994SubaruSVX
08-31-2001, 04:04 PM
on the svx makes me feel a little dizzy.....boy that would look just horrible. the svx was designed to look clean and the lines should be smooth and unbroken. all of my mods accentuate that premise.