PDA

View Full Version : SVX Windshield

_-DejaVu-_
11-21-2005, 08:38 AM
I am trying to sell my car here in Phoenix, and there is someone interested in buying it, but they said in order to pass emissions the windshield needs to be replaced(Big crack in it)

He looked into getting a new one, but found that they are $1,000!!!!! The person at the dealership told him it was a special kind of windshield and bla bla bla... Is this true that if I needed to get it replaced it would cost me more than $1,000, or is the dealership wrong. And, can I get it from some glass company, or do I really have to get it from a dealership?
I mean, thats about as much money as I'm asking for my car!. I'm not paying $1,000 to fix it, to sell the car for $1,000

Deja

Hocrest
11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
That's the price, unless you can come up with a used one.

ensteele
11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
All of what you say is true. A windshield is a big expense. :(

Electrophil
11-22-2005, 12:12 AM
If you want to play the 5 hour one way drive to Vegas, you can take the one out of my parts car. Hand me a hundred spot, and do all the labor and voila.

I have tools galore, but I don't have anything (Suction cups?) to pull it out with. It does have a passenger side windshield wiper scar. I never tried to buff it out. It looks easily fixable with a $10 bottle of scratch remover.

It's in a 94LE with grey interior. I don't remember which one that is... whether gold or blue, etc.

Spindoctor
11-22-2005, 09:16 PM
I have a windshield out of a 92 sitting in my bay ready to be boxed and shipped.
Its not in show condition but it has no chipps or cracks. See my for sale post
a couple weeks back for full description.
If you do the shipping set up and send me $200 its yours.
You can call me at 425-869-8324 Redmond Wa. 98052
Ask for Tim
The Spindoctor
Dynoauthority
I have inlaws in Phoenix that could help with payment or whatever.

AppStateSVX
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
I have a windshield out of a 92 sitting in my bay ready to be boxed and shipped.
Its not in show condition but it has no chipps or cracks. See my for sale post
a couple weeks back for full description.
If you do the shipping set up and send me $200 its yours.
You can call me at 425-869-8324 Redmond Wa. 98052
Ask for Tim
The Spindoctor
Dynoauthority
I have inlaws in Phoenix that could help with payment or whatever.

If you still have this, I am VERY interested, i have been looking for a windshield for months. PM me if you still have it please.

Motorsport-SVX
11-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Im in Tucson
and may be interested in the car itself
tell me more about it.