PDA

View Full Version : Selling svx... VERY CHEAP!!!

laserx
11-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Hello fellow SVX owners. THis is in fact my first post here on the SVX NETWORK, but I, as well as my father are SVX owners. He has owned his almost since new, and has been a VERY reliable car since. So i decided to go out and buy one of my own. THey were relatively expensive for my wallet, so i bought one for 3500$ cnd from this man that used it for his daily driver. (And put it this way, i barganed down alot!!!) IT ran great but i had to store it for the winter until I got some more money to ensure it. I left it in my garage and when i started it up, the fuel line exploded after 5 mintues of running it. It was way too cold of a winter so they just froze and bursted. So it needs one of those... about 600$cnd...not a big deal, so i took it to the shop, and they told me the steering rack needed to be replaced....about 1500$cnd said my mechanic (good friend of ours). I was already up to 2100$ and they didnt even look under the hood yet, BUT, it did run, smoothly too. Tranny was Perfect! But had no money for the fix or the insurance. So im stuck with it, have nowhere to store it and need to get rid of it. My dad would love to buy it off me as a parts car but we have nowhere to put it in the meantime. I am posting it here because this is the only other place where i can sell it, not many people look in the "auto trader" magasines specifically for SVX's, they are much too rare. So now that i have wasted 3500$, there is no way i can get back all that money, so i need to sell it. I am willing to do it for very cheap, just to get it out fast. Here is the specs:

Black 1992 subaru svx LS-L
about 250 000 KM NOT MILES.

interior is MINT condition, everything works (power windows, sunroof...etc)
Everything is included, even the stereo(all bulbs are working)

Exterior is pretty good condition. Very very very little rust on it, original paint so no body work has been done. However there are plug wholes because it has been rust proofed over the years. windshield is not cracked, in perfect condition....no cracked windows period. Leather seats, good condition, and also comes with a full set of other used leather seats (taken out of my dads car after replacing his skins) No dents in the body either!

Engine runs fine, quite, smooth. Brand new alternator, and has been running off of mobile 1 synthetic....Everything seems fine, engine light is on because it needs O2 sensors. Under the hood look amazingly clean! Tranny is great, no rough shifts or anything.

Brakes need to be re-machined, that is all.

ALso the axles needed replacement when i got it, so i bought brand new rebuilt ones...i will be giving those away with the car. THey are pretty much brand new.

I am located in Toronto, Ontaro in the city of Aurora.

So now lets do a recap:
needs fuel line
needs to put on the new axles that ARE included
needs new O2 sensors
needs steering rack
needs battary (because it had been stored for about a year)
brakes need re-machining

I am not aware of any other problems, she is an all around good conditioned car. I drove it only about 5 or 6 times, never had problems.

So it will be a good car for parts or for project...you can pick!
unfotunatly i cant part out the car, it is too much hassle. I am not sure about shipping it either because it wont start now (no fuel line) so it would be one big hassle. So pick ups would be much easier unless you can arrange for it to be towed accross Cananda...

I am asking 1250$ CND
(the price of half a new windshield for this car)

Best offer takes it!

Thanks alot guys, i am in desprit need to get rid of this thing because of lack of room...Need money for a cheaper car!

P.s
if you are interested in buying, i will take pics of the car.

northernkanuck
11-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi! I am in Newmarket, glad to see someone close by on the network, sorry about your luck.

NorthernKanuck

It's Just Eric
11-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Just curious...Is the extra set of used leather seats black? If so, would you be willing to take an offer on them?(Provided they are in decent shape of course)

laserx
11-19-2005, 11:41 PM
hey Eric, well the seats are black, the rear and passanger side are in great condition, considering they are from 92. THe driver side has the usual wear on it, jsut on the left side (from where you enter the car). none of them are torn. you may give me an offer for them!

Earthworm
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
What happened to this car? If it's still available my dad and I are both interested in it.

laserx
11-30-2005, 02:26 PM
It is still for sale! i will PM you for details.

Earthworm
11-30-2005, 02:55 PM
It is still for sale! i will PM you for details.Thanks. I will let my dad know it's still available when I get home from work.

Knightwulf
12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
If things don't pan out with EW, I'm interested as well.

laserx
12-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Let me know if you want pictures, its still for sale and if you are interested give me a private message.

Dan

Knightwulf
12-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Picts would certainly be welcome...(...and for the Canuck-challenged... 250,000 km is ~ 155000 miles... $1250 CAD ~ $1072 USD)