PDA

View Full Version : for the 5 speed SVXs

Crazypolo95
11-14-2005, 10:36 PM
I have being thinking of putting the 5 speed on my SVX but have not found out which transmissions to go with.( so I can stay with my bro’s sti but don’t think that is going to happened .Well does any one know if I could put a different Subaru transmission on the SVx like a old school legacy .

Noir
11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
do a search or ask it in technical/mod forums. i doubt you'll get answered in the SE forum.

huck369
11-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Read the write up in my sig....

mbtoloczko
11-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Any of the Subaru 5-speeds and 6-speeds will fit. Its deciding which one to get that takes more contemplation. If you plan on really abusing the car, you'll need a 6MT or a WRX 5MT with STi RA gears. If you're not too hard on the car, then you can get away with a stock WRX 5MT. The later ones ('04+) are a bit stronger than the early ones. Non WRX 5MTs (with the exception of the '05+ Legacy GT and the Forester XT) are the weakest and are only suitable for daily mostly non-aggressive driving.

You'll also want to consider which gear ratios will best suit your driving style. IMHO, the WRX 5MT has ideal gearing for the SVX motor. The USDM 6MTs also have good gearing for the SVX motor.

GreenMarine
12-21-2005, 04:27 PM
I have being thinking of putting the 5 speed on my SVX but have not found out which transmissions to go with.( so I can stay with my bro’s sti but don’t think that is going to happened .Well does any one know if I could put a different Subaru transmission on the SVx like a old school legacy .

Yes you can put about all Subaru tranny's in the SVX.... However, no tranny in existance will let you keep up with an STi... My engine is slightly modified and mated to a 2003 WRX 5MT and that is nowhere near what the SVX needs to keep up with an STi, anywhere (0-60, 1/4 mile, ect...) Plain and simple, the car is JUST TOO HEAVY for it to move like an STi with it's current power output... My guess is that you would need about 320+ hp/tq inorder to make it move like an STi...

Good luck though