PDA

View Full Version : PWR Aluminum Radiator - GROUP BUY #2!!!!

Chiketkd
10-13-2005, 05:58 PM
I worked out the details with Brandon this week, and PWR has agreed to let their current stock of 12 SVX aluminum radiators go for $450 + shipping (~$30 give or take).

I'd like to try and get 11 serious buyers (+1 for myself) together and ready to go by November 1st at the latest! Do not sign up if you do not have the funds to make payment immediately. If we get 12 people together by next week, we'll pay PWR next week.

Thanks!

-Chike

Chiketkd
10-13-2005, 06:10 PM
1. Chiketkd

mbtoloczko
10-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Is this the revised radiator design?

Chiketkd
10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Is this the revised radiator design?
I'll double check this with Brandon tomorrow. From what I understand, supplies of the first design ran out so all the radiators that re-filled their stock had the new caps and revisions...

-Chike

svxcuseme
10-14-2005, 08:41 AM
My radiator is fine ...now...but... Can I get some more info on the benefits of this over an OEM replacement? Is there a site I can check out. Thanks in advance!

Chiketkd
10-14-2005, 09:32 AM
My radiator is fine ...now...but... Can I get some more info on the benefits of this over an OEM replacement? Is there a site I can check out. Thanks in advance!
This thread in the Technical Section will answer almost every question imaginable:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22659

-Chike

P.S. My radiator is in perfect condition as well - I'm upgrading as I race my SVX and the PWR radiator is thicker, more durable and improves the cooling of our engine!

TomsSVX
10-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Ill give you an advantage... security... You are not going to have to worry about your tanks cracking and busting open on the side of the road. Not to mention the 5 pass cooler allows for much better cooling of the auto. The core on these rads are about twice the size of an SVX OEM, and that tells you something in and of itself...

Tom

Chiketkd
10-14-2005, 10:35 AM
...and all the radiators they have in stock have the following revisions made from the first batch:

1) Revised cap and shortened top tank (no hood clearance issues)
2) Lower fan mounting tabs were adjusted for a better fit

I'll be purchasing mine in the next 1-2 hours. :)

-Chike

P.S. Here's a pic of the batch #1 radiator installed in TomsSVX's ride:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/tomssvx/26265.jpg

Chiketkd
10-14-2005, 11:03 AM
...here's a pic of the stock plastic radiator in my '96:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/23836.jpg

-Chike

TomsSVX
10-14-2005, 11:32 AM
as you can see, the PWR rad is much thicker even looking at the tanks... look at your OEM rad... it gets about 1/2" thinner underneath the tanks, the PWR rad is as thick as the tanks all they way making them about 50% larger :eek: thus giving us a 50% better cooling system :eek: .... I should be a salesman.... :cool:

Tom

RedHotSVX
10-14-2005, 01:28 PM
I worked out the details with Brandon this week, and PWR has agreed to let their current stock of 12 SVX aluminum radiators go for $450 + shipping (~$30 give or take).

I'd like to try and get 11 serious buyers (+1 for myself) together and ready to go by November 1st at the latest! Do not sign up if you do not have the funds to make payment immediately. If we get 12 people together by next week, we'll pay PWR next week.

Thanks!

-ChikeNice work Chike,I was so p-o'd that I missed the first round of deal's.I am deff looking foward to the added cooling,and look's of the aluminum onder the hood.
Mike....PWR Radiator #2... :D

RedHotSVX
10-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Nice work Chike,I was so p-o'd that I missed the first round of deal's.I am deff looking foward to the added cooling,and look's of the aluminum onder the hood.
Mike....PWR Radiator #2... :D
I might be interested in their hose clamp's,and possibly silicone hoses as well if they come in red.

Chiketkd
10-14-2005, 01:41 PM
...call PWR directly at 877-656-9256 and ask to speak with Georgetta. Tell her you are ordering the SVX Aluminum radiator with the Group Buy arranged with Brandon for $450 + shipping.

They typically ship the rads out the same day. They do sell silicone hose and clamps. Just go to their website and look under 'Misc'

www.pwr-performance.com/

-Chike

P.S. Btw, I just ordered mine! :)

Earthworm
10-14-2005, 01:45 PM
They have silicone hoses for the SVX as well?

I thought only Dayle had hoses?

Chiketkd
10-14-2005, 01:52 PM
They have silicone hoses for the SVX as well?

I thought only Dayle had hoses?
They have generic silicone hoses. You have to select what you want from their website. Their hoses come in red, blue and black.

RedHotSVX
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
...call PWR directly at 877-656-9256 and ask to speak with Georgetta. Tell her you are ordering the SVX Aluminum radiator with the Group Buy arranged with Brandon for $450 + shipping.

They typically ship the rads out the same day. They do sell silicone hose and clamps. Just go to their website and look under 'Misc'

www.pwr-performance.com/

-Chike

P.S. Btw, I just ordered mine! :)One very clean looking piece of aluminum is on it's way to me!!!!! :cool:

ensteele
10-14-2005, 04:02 PM
It would help if we keep a count of what has been ordered. Please add your name to the list when you have ordered.

1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX

Chiketkd
10-14-2005, 07:46 PM
It would help if we keep a count of what has been ordered. Please add your name to the list when you have ordered.

1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
Great idea Earl. My rad was shipped this evening and I got my UPS tracking # from Georgetta (or is it Georgianna?)...

I'm very pleased with the customer service I received at PWR! This was the most hassle free 'group buy'/'discounted rate' I've ever arranged with any vendor! :cool: They basically knocked 25% off the retail price for us!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

-Chike

ensteele
10-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Let us know how it looks when you get it. :)

TomsSVX
10-15-2005, 08:11 AM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) ensteele
4) ensteele
5) ensteele
6) ensteele
7) ensteele
8) ensteele
9) ensteele
10) ensteele
11) ensteele
12) ensteele

They don't even have enough for him ;) :D

Tom

ensteele
10-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Ok, I would love to have a couple more, but I don't have the cash right now. :( :p :p :p

1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3)

Earthworm
10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
They don't even have enough for him ;) :D

TomSure they do...you're forgetting he already has 2 of them :p

svxcuseme
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
All aluminum radiator = insurance...agreed but what about improved cooling?

I use my car as a daily driver. I encounter lots of traffic in my one way 45 minute commute. This being said, my stock cooling setup regulates engine/trans temp through thermostat and electronic fan operation.

What conditions does the aluminum rad keep the engine cooler? How will a larger radiator help me in stop and go traffic, especially since the thermostat will start to close at temps around 185 and slow the flow of coolant through the rad? How much cooler will the engine run?

Thanks in advance! :)

TomsSVX
10-17-2005, 01:33 PM
The radiator will heat up less quickly and will dissipate heat quicker due to more fins/surface area. Not to mention the fans will not have to work as hard/often to keep the radiator at a good temperature

Tom

Electrophil
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
All aluminum radiator = insurance...agreed but what about improved cooling?

I use my car as a daily driver. I encounter lots of traffic in my one way 45 minute commute. This being said, my stock cooling setup regulates engine/trans temp through thermostat and electronic fan operation.

What conditions does the aluminum rad keep the engine cooler? How will a larger radiator help me in stop and go traffic, especially since the thermostat will start to close at temps around 185 and slow the flow of coolant through the rad? How much cooler will the engine run?

Thanks in advance! :)

In the desert 120* heat, the radiator takes just a minute or two longer to come up to normal temp. As you know, the engine doesn't run any cooler due to the thermostat. I drive in hard core 26 redlights per square inch desert heat, and I haven't noticed any difference on the temp guage. It never overheated before, and it doesn't now.

But here's where it benefits you, especially down in Georgia. When I step out of the car, I no longer feel the furnace from the transmission on my ankle like I did with the stock radiator after playing the redlight, stop and go routine. I don't have a tranny temp guage except for my ankle, and that sympton went away. :)

TomsSVX
10-17-2005, 03:38 PM
That is true, the thermostat does not allow it to read any cooler than stock. The ECU was mapped out to the desired temp provided by the thermostat. The thing is, this radiator does not work as hard to transfer that heat on hot days which allows the fans to run less. Overall the radiator will keep you from having to buy a new one again. The cheap plastic used in the end tanks of the OEM are prone to cracking, so why not get a radiator that will transfer heat much better, cool your trans better, and save you a couple hundred bucks down the road?? I don't see why anyone would need more reason than that

Tom

svxcuseme
10-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Good enough. Thanks for the answers. ;)

Earthworm
10-18-2005, 04:01 PM
One more radiator spoken for (for my dad's).

To clarify things:

- although they have silicone hoses they DO NOT have ones specific for the SVX. Currently they're only available from www.planetsvx.com
- they have clamps of various sizes and they will give a discount for us on those as well.

Chiketkd
10-18-2005, 05:50 PM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad

RedHotSVX
10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
Can't believe more people out there aren't hopping on this deal,I thought they would be gone a day or two after Chike set this up.

ensteele
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
I agree. I thought they would go like hot cakes!!! :eek: :D :D

TomsSVX
10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
i would get another for the silver, but I don't have the money :(

Tom

Rotorflyr
10-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Just remember what time of year is comming up and some of us have to buy presents for others before ones for ourselves :D ......I guess I'll personaly be waiting for group buy #3 (or #4 depending on when they happen.... :p )

thundering02
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Can't believe more people out there aren't hopping on this deal,I thought they would be gone a day or two after Chike set this up.

I would but I have $35 to finish this week off however I get both paychecks friday and two weeks from then. not to mention one more in the middle. Also it isn't looking like I got the credit card so I'm going to the bank tommorow to apply for one there.

ensteele
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Just remember what time of year is comming up and some of us have to buy presents for ourselves before others. :D :p )

Fixed your post !!!!! :D :D :D

TCamusJr
10-19-2005, 05:44 PM
The one fan on my radiater has been insanely loud lately, shaking the entire front end...so it sounds like i'm going to need a new radiator....

Earthworm
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
That's a pretty good excuse to justify this radiator :D

Most people would just replace the fan ;)

ensteele
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
I agree. If you get a new radiator, it should take the shake out of that darn old fan. :rolleyes: :) :D :D

Rotorflyr
10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Fixed your post !!!!! :D :D :D

Nice try, but in my case I had it right the first time :p

Subafreak
10-20-2005, 08:51 PM
OK, I really need to get one and I have the money, I guess.......even thoe I should be saving it for an apartment. :rolleyes:

I just need to figure out how to use it to get one of those radiators. :confused:

TomsSVX
10-20-2005, 09:03 PM
good call Jesse

Tom ;)

Bipa
10-21-2005, 04:27 AM
I just noticed this thread. Have passed on the info to my Swiss mechanic. He might be interested :)

I wonder how much shipping would be to Switzerland? :confused: :p

Chiketkd
10-21-2005, 07:47 AM
To order...

They typically ship the rads out the same day. www.pwr-performance.com/

-Chike

A Fake Vision
10-21-2005, 09:44 AM
i sould be getting the money for my jeep tomarrow. if i do i am ordering one asap.

Earthworm
10-21-2005, 12:27 PM
To order...

They typically ship the rads out the same day. www.pwr-performance.com/After that call Motorsport Warehouse (http://www.planetsvx.com) and order their silicone hoses as they seem to be more durable with the aluminum rad.

tangwichjustin
10-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I ordered mine today. :) Was great timing since my radiator now has a crack 6" long at the top.

Chiketkd
10-21-2005, 06:32 PM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30627.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30628.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30629.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30630.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30631.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/30632.jpg

-Chike

P.S. Btw, I weighed the PWR rad on my digital home scale and got 12.5lbs...

Chiketkd
10-21-2005, 06:37 PM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin

-Chike

P.S. To bring forward the ordering info to this page:

To order, call PWR directly at 877-656-9256 and ask to speak with Georgetta. Tell her you are ordering the SVX Aluminum radiator with the Group Buy arranged with Brandon for $450 + shipping.

ensteele
10-21-2005, 07:53 PM
They do look good - don't they. They work even better. :)

RedHotSVX
10-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Just recieved my Rad Radiator today....they sure do put alot of craftsmanship into their product's.It's not even in and I'm 110% satisfied with my purchase :D :D :D

ensteele
10-21-2005, 10:36 PM
And the best part is how sturdy it is. You know that it will never break across the top like the stock ones do. :)

TomsSVX
10-22-2005, 12:23 AM
You can tell that they cut down on the top tanks with the new batch...

Tom

Chiketkd
10-22-2005, 08:59 AM
You can tell that they cut down on the top tanks with the new batch...

Tom
Correct. The top tank has been revised for better fitment.

Question Tom, can you weigh SubaFreak's factory rad to see how it compares to the PWR?

-Chike

Electrophil
10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
The billet cap is different too with a relief valve on it.

Our first batch didn't have that.

SSSVX
10-22-2005, 01:59 PM
The one fan on my radiater has been insanely loud lately, shaking the entire front end...so it sounds like i'm going to need a new radiator....

:D:D

Could it be one of your fans' clutch is wearing out? :rolleyes: Get one and get two new fans! That's the best! :p

Sometimes can we tell the radiator condition from the fans? My yellow is more often on Hi-spd than the teal one. The teal one is usually on low or medium spd. But after I cleaned up the reservoir abit on the yellow one, the both fans do run at Hi spd less often or none.......*during the same temps

If I'm earl, I will be very busy. I probably have to use stop watch to record which one runs first, how long, on what spd and etc. Luckily, I'm not him :p:D:D:D

SSSVX
10-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Congrats on your purchase, chike. :)

That looks good and shiny. Before you install that, you can probably carry that to sleep for a couple nights. :D:D Your engine bay will be more shiner next time. :p

RedHotSVX
10-22-2005, 04:25 PM
The billet cap is different too with a relief valve on it.

Our first batch didn't have that.
The one I recieved just had a regular 15 lb twist off cap on it... :confused:

Chiketkd
10-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Congrats on your purchase, chike. :)

That looks good and shiny. Before you install that, you can probably carry that to sleep for a couple nights. :D:D Your engine bay will be more shiner next time. :p
Thanks Ken! I would love to snuggle up with the PWR rad at night, but my wife feels much bettAr! :D
The one I recieved just had a regular 15 lb twist off cap on it... :confused:
The one I got has a 16lb twist off cap with the relief valve????

-Chike

Chiketkd
10-24-2005, 10:36 AM
I spoke with TomsSVX this weekend, and he mentioned that previously when filling up the factory rad it would take ~1.5 gallons (or 6qts) of coolant/water. Now with the PWR radiator is takes 2 gallons (8 qts). That's roughly 25% more coolant which will improve the cooling of our engines under high load. :)

-Chike

RedHotSVX
10-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I was going to install a trans cooler between the rad and a/c condenser,does anyone know if the is possible with the wider PWR radiator?

TomsSVX
10-24-2005, 03:28 PM
it is possible, just not there. You are going to have to relocate it to another place, like the fender. Since the cooling capacity of the PWR rad is improved, the colling capacity of the cooler will not need to be as high and keeping it in the fender will work jus fine

Tom

A Fake Vision
10-24-2005, 04:13 PM
chike, as of tomarrow i will be ordering one, do i have to order it with you all or can i order it by myself?
Dave

ensteele
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Follow the directions on how to order it. You call the person listed and tell them what it says and you will be fine. We have a goup buy, but we don't have to order them at the same time this time. :)

Chiketkd
10-24-2005, 08:10 PM
To order...

-Chike

TomsSVX
10-24-2005, 08:12 PM
hey Chike, give me a buzz if u have time tonight

Tom

Chiketkd
10-24-2005, 08:17 PM
hey Chike, give me a buzz if u have time tonight

Tom
No prob. Will call you in 5...

Subafreak
10-24-2005, 08:36 PM
To order...

-Chike

Cool! Can I tell them to charge it to you also?

Chiketkd
10-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Cool! Can I tell them to charge it to you also?
Very funneh! :D

-Chike

Jayahalasi
10-25-2005, 09:13 AM
can I still get one of these and is there an immediate timeframe?

as in if there still avail do i have to buy it RIGHT NOW to get this deal?

Chiketkd
10-25-2005, 10:29 AM
can I still get one of these and is there an immediate timeframe?

as in if there still avail do i have to buy it RIGHT NOW to get this deal?
This deal is only valid for the remaining SVX rads they have in stock. If you can put the money together within the next week, I'm sure they'll still be some in stock. In a month, I doubt it.

-Chike

TomsSVX
10-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Keep one of those bad boys for me... I just sold the 5mt with the old one in it and now im gonna need another ;)

Tom

Chiketkd
10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Keep one of those bad boys for me... I just sold the 5mt with the old one in it and now im gonna need another ;)

Tom
What? It's confirmed now? I'm calling you in 5...

-Chike

A Fake Vision
10-26-2005, 07:28 AM
ordering mine now!! :D :D

ensteele
10-26-2005, 09:50 AM
The list so far:

1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin
5) A Fake Vision

TomsSVX
10-26-2005, 11:11 AM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin
5) A Fake Vision
6) TomsSVX

What Early, leave me out like that???

Tom

A Fake Vision
10-26-2005, 12:04 PM
mine is on its way, pwr is shipping it out today :D :D :D

Chiketkd
10-26-2005, 12:52 PM
mine is on its way, pwr is shipping it out today :D :D :D
Congrats! You won't be dissapointed! :)

-Chike

ensteele
10-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry Tom !!! I didn't know if you were ready to order yet. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

TomsSVX
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I am not... I am waiting for a check to come in the next few days...

Tom

Earthworm
10-27-2005, 01:54 PM
The one I ordered came in yesterday and I picked it up today. Haven't looked at it yet as I picked it up on my way to work.

Earthworm
10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
ok, I opened up my shipment...1 radiator, no cap and no hose clamps I ordered :(

Treppiede
10-28-2005, 06:37 PM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin
5) A Fake Vision
6) TomsSVX
7) Treppiede

Well, after patching and patching, the p.o.s. plastic OEM radiator finally gave up on me last week. I was unable to order it any sooner because of Hurricane Wilma, but I just got my phone line back and after some online reading plugged up to a generator I managed to make up my mind and order one of these puppies. My radiator will ship out first thing on monday, I hope I can get it before next weekend.

Chike, you have a PM.

Thank you,

-Walter

ensteele
10-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Tell us what you think when you get it. :)

Chiketkd
10-28-2005, 11:47 PM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin
5) A Fake Vision
6) TomsSVX
7) Treppiede

Well, after patching and patching, the p.o.s. plastic OEM radiator finally gave up on me last week. I was unable to order it any sooner because of Hurricane Wilma, but I just got my phone line back and after some online reading plugged up to a generator I managed to make up my mind and order one of these puppies. My radiator will ship out first thing on monday, I hope I can get it before next weekend.

Chike, you have a PM.

Thank you,

-Walter
Good buy Walter. I look forward to chatting with you tomorrow.

-Chike

kenwbryant
10-29-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure how to add my name to the list as others have done, so if the person managing this thread can add my name to the list, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

A Fake Vision
10-29-2005, 08:51 AM
ok, I opened up my shipment...1 radiator, no cap and no hose clamps I ordered :(
oy, i hope this isnt a sign of things to come... :confused: :confused:

Chiketkd
10-29-2005, 08:51 AM
1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin
5) A Fake Vision
6) TomsSVX
7) Treppiede
8) kenwbryant

TCamusJr
10-30-2005, 01:22 PM
beware!! semi-offtopic!!

well i finally took a little time to open my (car's) hood and look over the loud fan problem, and it appears that the fan is just loose - if i push on it from either side, it has a little give, whereas the other fan doesnt - which causes it to wobble as it runs, which causes the loud noise and shaking.

not sure how this is all put togher - anyone know if this is just merely a quesiton of replacing/tightening a bolt, or would this require the replacing of the entire fan unit? thanks for any input! (and for previous inputs too!)

TomsSVX
11-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Oh, BTW the last two rads were sold to me today ;) Sorry to anyone looking to get one and missed it

Tom

Chiketkd
11-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh, BTW the last two rads were sold to me today ;) Sorry to anyone looking to get one and missed it

Tom
They're all gone! Wow! Some lurkers must have picked up some rads...

Group Buy #2 is officially OVER! :cool:

-Chike

TomsSVX
11-01-2005, 08:31 PM
yeah I guess I was pretty lucky. My OEM rad will be up for sale as soon as the PWR gets installed

Tom

thundering02
11-02-2005, 12:34 AM

-Chike

Crap....how do you know? I was waiting til this friday when my paycheck comes in.

Bipa
11-02-2005, 02:49 AM

-Chike
Hmm... maybe I should check with my mechanic... he might have picked up a few and not called to tell me :rolleyes:

A Fake Vision
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM
man this is one serious radiator... makes the plastic one seem so crappy. as soon as i get her back from the shop (wheel bearings and rear breaks) i will be installing it. very impressed so far
Dave

TomsSVX
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
I called said I needed two rads.... He said I have 2 left....I said ill take them....and I did

Tom

A Fake Vision
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
hey tom,
know anywhere around here i can get a custom shift boot made?? i need something to drown out that outside noise from the 5mt

TomsSVX
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
talk to John. Avppow. His is really nice but it came at a cost

Tom

gamblergw
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I just ordered mine from Branden afew min. ago. He said it was the last one. It is 10:40 here in Mesa Az. Wed. I guess i was the lucky one...

thundering02
11-02-2005, 10:35 AM
No matter since I heard that I made arangement to buy a 1990 240SX with the K24E and updated front end.

Chiketkd
11-08-2005, 06:40 AM
Final list of those who ordered from the Network:

1) Chiketkd
2) RedHotSVX
3) Earthworm's Dad
4) tangwichjustin
5) A Fake Vision
6) TomsSVX
7) Treppiede
8) kenwbryant
9 & 10) TomsSVX
11) gamblergw

That's 11 accounted for - so a lurker must have picked up the 12th.

Also, for those who missed the Group Buy, PWR is now selling the rad on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PWR-Aluminum-Radiator-SVX-All-Years-w-auto-trans_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33602QQitemZ79828 61801QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

$479.95 + $15.00 S&H which actually puts you within a $13 dollars of the group buy price as I paid $450 for the radiator but $31.00 for shipping.

-Chike

Electrophil
11-08-2005, 08:51 AM
:eek: They have 1 Hundred available? :eek:

Chiketkd
11-08-2005, 09:50 AM
:eek: They have 1 Hundred available? :eek:
Yeah, their third batch came in! :D

ensteele
11-08-2005, 11:40 PM
That is a great price. Thanks for letting us know. :)

svxsubaru1
11-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah, their third batch came in! :D

Do they aculey have 100 avalible becasue my radiator just craked the top tank, but i cant afford one right now, but JB weld doing well. But i still want to buy one, and wnat to know how long they should last.

Chiketkd
11-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Do they aculey have 100 avalible becasue my radiator just craked the top tank, but i cant afford one right now, but JB weld doing well. But i still want to buy one, and wnat to know how long they should last.
From what I heard yes. Either way, if you need a rad place a bid on their Ebay auction. They have a 99%+ feedback rating.

-Chike

intellibomb
11-09-2005, 12:03 PM
From what I heard yes. Either way, if you need a rad place a bid on their Ebay auction. They have a 99%+ feedback rating.

i checked this out, and this is not a PWR affiliated seller

i called PWR directly, asking what was the deal with now having 100 in stock, and they said that doesnt even make sense

the seller "motomahimahi" is 3rd party, and if he says he has 100 i'm skeptical.

i dont even think there are 100 of these radiators in existance

so i asked him on his auction what the deal is.... we shall see and if it is indeed not a hoax i will be the first to order from him :)

bwb3
11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I can't find it on E-bay? Site been pulled?
Gene

Earthworm
11-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Still there:

LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PWR-Aluminum-Radiator-SVX-All-Years-w-auto-trans_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33602QQitemZ79828 61801QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V)

intellibomb
11-21-2005, 01:12 PM
well,
i ordered thru ebay a rad from that seller

about 3 weeks ago

and today i called him up to get a tracking #

"uhhhhhhh the PWR shipment comes in three weeks (!)"

although he was really cool about it and gave me a refund IMMEDIATELY (like before i even could check paypal)

it still sucks ass. i want my car to work!!!!! damnit
and i do not want to succumb to buying an obsolete and overpriced stock rad that will probably just blow again. :( :mad: :( :mad:

but alas
i cannot wait another three weeks to get my car alive again

damnit

just an update

Chiketkd
11-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks for leting us know. That really bites that he had an auction up for a radiator that wasn't ready to be shipped.

-Chike

ensteele
11-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Becuse they were selling them, I thought that they had them in. This is a little missleading and I am a little surprised that they did this. :( :( Then agian, maybe not.

nexus_7
11-22-2005, 08:43 PM
that isnt legal according to ebay's rules.

Greg