PDA

View Full Version : Black wheels

AppStateSVX
10-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Can someone that has photoshop get me a picture of what the Stock wheels would look like a glossy black? or maybe a deep gunmetal? Thanks
I finally get to go home from college this weekend, and back to the SVX, should be a weekend full of driving!

SilverSpear
10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Can someone that has photoshop get me a picture of what the Stock wheels would look like a glossy black? or maybe a deep gunmetal? Thanks
I finally get to go home from college this weekend, and back to the SVX, should be a weekend full of driving!

SInce your SVX is black, i wouldn't recommend you paint the wheels also in black. This kind of mod only fits cars with bright to moderate colors, but black paint over black rims?? I dunno...

Budfreak
10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
i think it would look sweet and i'm gonna do it too if i don't decide to just get the new wheels i want.

AppStateSVX
10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
SInce your SVX is black, i wouldn't recommend you paint the wheels also in black. This kind of mod only fits cars with bright to moderate colors, but black paint over black rims?? I dunno...

my plan is to keep the lip of the wheels silver though, that way it creates a pretty cool contrasting effect, as opposed to simply having an all-black wheel up to the tires, i think that looks bad.

michael
10-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I've seen it and it's not pretty, makes it look like you have very small rims or huge tires.

michael
10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I thing you might get away with a gunmetal

blacknite
10-07-2005, 09:50 AM
here are some shots of my knew wheels and tires

gsodonis
10-07-2005, 11:51 AM
my plan is to keep the lip of the wheels silver though, that way it creates a pretty cool contrasting effect, as opposed to simply having an all-black wheel up to the tires, i think that looks bad.

Is this the look you're trying to duplicate?
Black wheels with a silver rim (http://www.scifi.com/knightrider/downloads/image04.html)

Alycone
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Here's a photochop:
http://www.pbase.com/alycone/photochop

:)

SilverSpear
10-11-2005, 12:51 AM
I thought that SVX was "KITT" in NightRider with the black rims... :D :D
The Gunmetal rims look ugly over a black paint...

Conclusion? keep them as they are...

AppStateSVX
10-11-2005, 06:49 AM
I just got done painting the wheels a deep black. I think they look really good, but i'm sure not everyone will like the look. Oh well, I'm pretty satisfied with the results, I will post pics as soon as I can upload them. :D

gsodonis
10-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (owner). As long as you're happy, who cares what others think. Personalization is of course, personal in nature. Mod On!

SilverSpear
10-12-2005, 04:52 AM
...As long as you're happy, who cares what others think....

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

LarryIII
10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
I always thought the the stock rims would look good on a pearly SVX if they were painted the same pearl color as the car. The center cap should be gloss black with pearl lettering.
Some day I may do it.

Any opinions?