PDA

View Full Version : Anything Goin On????

awdsvxh6
09-30-2005, 10:42 PM
i was just lookin and noticed not a whole lot of topics were goin on. so....i thought i might just start this thread and see what everyone is up to.
me, i just bought a light wieght crank pulley for my svx and slotted and drilled rotors and performance brake pads from dayle( all very good i might add). i had a flat tire on my new rims yesturday and i had to get some from a friend of ours off of some legacy rims that were the same size. ummh also i got my license back a few days ago just in time for it to be 3.19 a gallon for gas and still goin up. but thats all for me and please feel free to ad your story's or anything u like.

bwb3
10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Greetings from Florida. Just passed 2,000 miles driven on my February 2005 purchase. Battery went dead on day 3, new wheels in Jume, replaced the right side cv axle two weeks ago. Installed drilled and slotted rotors last week (cv axle mechanic over torked 2 lug nuts which lead to a quick run to the Subbie dealer for replacment bolts and luckily a local speed shop had 2 matching racing lug nuts for the 17" wheels). Car's been an absolute joy but reading the forums is scaring the crap out of me.
Gene

RSVX
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
nothing is going on... no...

GreenMarine
10-03-2005, 06:44 PM
The Subaru Challenge just got over last weekend.... That's really the last thing that is going on besides the Fall Dragon meet next weekend... I'm not going to the Dragon though... Couldn't be bothered, plus I don't have the money....

RSVX
10-04-2005, 08:37 AM
And of course noone wants to go see BMW's Italian Car show in 2 weeks either...

Bunch of slackers you all...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28279&highlight=BMW

awdsvxh6
10-04-2005, 08:41 AM
i was cuttin a turn yesturday on some freshly paved asphault and i gave the car a lil to much gas and since i have my stock rims and tires on the have little traction and the whole car went sideways on my and i wiped the wheel back and i began a drift so i can finally say i did my first awd drift, on accident.

AppStateSVX
10-04-2005, 09:59 PM
i'm up here at ASU in Boone, NC. I had to leave the SVX at home due to stupid parking laws around here. But, I will be able to bring it up next semester , b/c i will be a sophomore then. Right now, it is getting new tires, I'm working on getting a dual 2" exhaust system put on, as well as relocating the battery to the trunk and taking out the back seats in favor of more storage space, while working on making it look good with the seats gone. So, once I get done with this stuff, it might look a little bit different. Oh, and i'm going to paint the wheels a nice shiny black. Phew, Red Bull at 10 PM is great.... :D

subyluvr2212
10-06-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm über-bored, so much so that I'm checking boards for Subarus that I don't even have. :rolleyes:

There's a 94 SVX FWD at the used car dealership that's like 15 seconds from my house though. Nice car, just not big on the FWD-ness...

bwb3
10-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I'd love to hear some details on the '94 FWD. I like the idea of less weight, no sun roof.
Gene

awdsvxh6
10-06-2005, 12:43 PM
what i love my sunroof, when the sun isn't beamin down in my face, and i wouldent mind the fwd but it is either awd or rwd prefierably awd.

bwb3
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I'll probably change my mind when the temperatures finally go down and the rains stop. I hear it bantered about on the forum that the L model without all the extras is a bit faster.

A rwd SVX, that would be intriguing.

AppStateSVX
10-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I'll probably change my mind when the temperatures finally go down and the rains stop. I hear it bantered about on the forum that the L model without all the extras is a bit faster.

A rwd SVX, that would be intriguing.

while that might be true, I think the AWD is a defining characteristic of the SVX. I've droven both, and I definitely prefer the AWD model, the control and stability are awesome, esp at high speeds :D

awdsvxh6
10-06-2005, 05:27 PM
i heard from a guy that someone did do a rwd svx somewhere.

subyluvr2212
10-07-2005, 06:50 AM
I'd love to hear some details on the '94 FWD. I like the idea of less weight, no sun roof.
Gene

It's very clean externally and inside, I looked at it pretty thoroughly without opening anything, so I dunno about under the hood...

I figured I would find it on AutoTrader, since it's a dealer, so here ya go:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=190426474&dealer_id=57007930&car_year=1994&search_type=both&make=SUB&distance=25&model=SVX&address=32804&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1128689400637&min_price=&end_year=2006&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=0

bwb3
10-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I'l probably check to see if it's still around on the 28th. Will be down for the World Cup paintball tournament at Disney.
I'm just itching to get another one, preferably silver, <100k mileage.

And yea, SVX, AWD and handling are synonymous.

awdsvxh6
10-17-2005, 12:02 PM
i started hearing this noise thinking nothing of it as if it would go away like everything else does on this car. well i put it up on the ramps and got undernieth it and to find out what this noise is and i started the car and heard it again. i have the noise as it something is hitting in the front diff again and when i get around 4000 rpm's it makes this horrible grinding noise like a mechanics nightmare coming out of that front diff. this horrible scrapping and pingin noise. we have to find the paper work and send it back off for the 3rd time the that loser tranny mechanic and when i find the places name i will let everyone here know not to go to him.

AppStateSVX
11-08-2005, 10:58 PM
There is an AUTO-X Event in GREENSBORO, NC. Everyone Should come. We need to have a good SVX showing, there are going to be a lot of BMWs there, but it's all good. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

awdsvxh6
11-09-2005, 09:23 AM
i would love to come but i cant get any more days off of work until january andbesides my tires are to small to be doing any tight turns, i have 215's and i need 235's so i dont wanna take a turn and it pop the seed.