PDA

View Full Version : Club Decal

jscorse
04-23-2001, 10:31 AM
I know this is gonna raise some eyebrows, but I must ask. :rooleyes:

Can we get the link that is printed on our SVX 'Club' Decals re-pointed to THIS site? www.svxclub.com points people to the 'other' club, which I no longer wish to visit.

I think John set up the 'link' to redirect www.svxclub.com to the 'other' site.

I've now seen and missed TWO SVX's in my home town and I want to leave them a 3x5 card but it has the 'wrong' address on it as does my decal.

Can anybody help? Should we do this? I, like many others have stated but do not do, cannot look over both sites.

- Jeff

Aredubjay
04-23-2001, 12:08 PM
John Hoffman (svxcess) has already re-designed the logo on the decals to reflect the new site. He's waiting for enough interest to have another run printed. Is that interest actually here? He would also like to have the SVX printed in red, instead of black to differentiate and would like to get consensus before doing so. As far as the "business cards" go, someone had posted a template for cards on the yahoo site, where you could print them out yourself. I'm wondering of someone here has the same capabilities -- please speak up. As for the "redirection" -- that will be up to John.

jscorse
04-23-2001, 01:15 PM
Obviously.

As far as the bus. cards. Most anybody with a color (or even B/W) printer can make there own cards. Avery makes these nice little perfed sheets. They aren't quite as thick as normal cards stock though.

If we can get enough interest, I'd imagine many of us here can get a Prof. printer to do a batch.

How do we know when we have enough interest?

Aredubjay
04-23-2001, 02:05 PM
How do we know when we have enough interest?

Uh . . .

zsvx
04-23-2001, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Uh . . . :eek: :eek: Aredubjay speechless?!?:eek: :eek:

Aredubjay
04-23-2001, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by zsvx
:eek: :eek: Aredubjay speechless?!?:eek: :eek:

LOL! Savor the moment. It doesn't happen often. :D

Aredubjay
04-23-2001, 11:04 PM
What would people think about using John's design as the official logo of the Owner's Network? Just a thought. Check it out in my briefcase.

jscorse
04-24-2001, 04:17 AM
What I meant was how do we know when enough people want to change the subaru-svx link to this site?

I like AREDUBJAY's suggestion of the new decal, but still it would be quicker to get John to move the link to here.

I'll send him an email.

Jamsvx
04-24-2001, 04:24 AM
I would be keen to get either one of the existing (albeit modified with this sites address) stickers or alternatively, one that featured the Alycone symbol.

Just an expression of interest!:p

Jamsvx

SVXphile
04-24-2001, 06:22 AM
Ahhhummm.....(clears throat)

I would like to formally and officially express my ah..er..."interest"....

(we now return to our regular postings)

:o Don

Aredubjay
04-24-2001, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SVXphile
Ahhhummm.....(clears throat)

I would like to formally and officially express my ah..er..."interest"....

(we now return to our regular postings)

:o Don

<In my best German accent>
Veeerrry Eeenteresting.:D

svxxx26
05-01-2001, 08:37 PM
Just checked out the reworked club decals John Hoffman put together.
I liked the original ones just fine, but the "SVX" logo in red really does something for it.
What are we waiting for?

John19688
05-01-2001, 09:31 PM
I've done a lot of thinking and...

I registered the SVXClub.com address so that the address on the window stickers didn't have to be the ridiculously long "http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/subarusvx". Subaru-SVX.net is a wonderful site and so is the Yahoo site. I'm sure there would be complaints from some of the 1,700+ members of the Yahoo club if I redirected the address to this site (which has fewer than 200 members). Plus the Yahoo site defines itself as a "club".

I have explored this site thoroughly and it is clearly stated over and over that this site is the "Subaru SVX Network". No where is it mentioned officially that this site is an "SVX club". I feel to put "club" in the web address mentioned on the decal could cause confusion between the two sites.

As this is THE Subaru SVX Network, we should refer to it as such. The decals should state "Subaru SVX Network" and the URL associated with it should be "www.subaru-svx.net". This way, by the name of the site and by the site's address, it is very clear what the site is...THE Subaru SVX Network.

I really like the SVX Club decal. But if the Subaru SVX Network decal looks identical to the SVX Club decal--except for a little color and text variation--it will muddy the distinction between these two great sites.

I PROPOSE WE design a cool-looking logo and plaster it all over this site (where the SVX logo with the lens flare is now). A distinctive logo that states clearly that this is the Subaru SVX Network. Quickly, you would immediately associate this logo with this site. The logo could then be used for the window sticker (and any publications, T-shirts, coffee mugs, pens, hats, etc.).

Let's give this site it's own identity: THE Subaru SVX Network

John19688
05-02-2001, 07:56 AM
Since this is the SVX Network how about this logo for the design? The URLs "www.svxn.com" and "www.svxn.net" are available if we want to create this identity completely.

http://www.subarusvx.com/images/svxn.gif

jscorse
05-02-2001, 10:31 AM
Hmm. good ideas/comments. I'd like to see the Font for the "N" be changed so it doesn't look like some new kind of car The SVXN...what is that?

SVX then the word Network "underneath" or something. I'm not a graphics designer but there are plenty here from what I've seen.

Let the dogs free and fire up your PhotoShop/Illustrator etc.. :)

svxxx26
05-02-2001, 11:42 AM
Just some thoughts on the logo issue:

I think the "SVX" logo should be a separate element, whatever form the club decal takes.
Also, concerning the distinction between the Yahoo Club site and the SVX Network site . . . I'm not so sure that we should be overly concerned about "complaints". The Network, in my mind, is also the Club - it just evolved a bit, got away from the exclusive clutches of Yahoo! and ended up here. Fact is, many members still visit BOTH sites.
Personally, I like the present logo (especially with the red SVX lettering) and if svxcess (John Hoffman, logo designer) is agreeable, I think it should be adopted for the Network.
Remember, the intent of the Network is to ultimately bring together the entire SVX community, which does include Yahoo.

Aredubjay
05-02-2001, 08:02 PM
Jerry, I agree that the SVX should be kept seperate. The distinctive logotype should not be "dallied" with.

On the "Network" vs "Club," we had discussed several "club" names, but decided on "Network" to show (as you pointed out) an evolution to a "new level." Yes, we're still a "club" for all intents and purposes. "Network" just sounds a little "nicer."

Complaints? I'm not worried about them either. Since the designer of the logo, John Hoffman, has no problem with re-design to create the logo as the "Network" logo, neither do I.

As for "less than 200" membership. If you go to Yahoo, and look at "actives," I'd say we probably have a similar number. The 1,200 "member" roll looks impressive, but, how many registered and left? I mean, heck, I didn't intend to stick around. Why else would I use a stupid username like "aredubjay?"

Oh well. Let the discussion continue . . .

cozykat
05-04-2001, 07:02 AM
Hi!
I think I told a few people this when the Network first opened up.. but I really like Svxcess' design.. I think it's quite sleek and perfectly represents the SVX as it shows the feature that really makes the SVX stand out from other cars, visually.
I think that it should be the Network's logo since I agree with Aredubjay about thinking the network is a better form of yahoo. 1200 members doesn't make a club if no one posts. Those that post on yahoo and make it a club, are here too.
I haven't seen Svxcess' new version of the logo but I would really like to see it (especially if it's got red coloring.. that would make it match my car :D ) If someone could show me a picture of it, I'd appreciate it :)

svxxx26
05-04-2001, 08:11 AM
Marisa, click on "Personal Lockers" under the Site Navigation and then click on svxcess. The decals are there, including the red version.:)