PDA

View Full Version : 92 Pearl White for Sale

clearwaterms
02-21-2002, 10:02 PM
92 SVX-LSL for sale.
86xxx miles
Pearl White /w Grey Interior
Newer Transmission (replaced at 65,000 mi)
Brand New Tires
Oil Changed every 3,000 or sooner.
No Rust
Interior Perfect
Engine Perfect
Body excellent
Everything works on this car, and it was never driven hard...

Email or call for specifics, and Pictures available upon request.

Best Resonable Offer.

Chris
708-927-2046, please leave a message before 7:00pm central, I always try to answer phone, but not always available (cell)
chansen@sidley.com

clearwaterms
04-10-2002, 11:46 PM
this car is still for sale.

MasterOfPuppets
04-11-2002, 02:16 PM
where at in Il is Westchester

Seraph
04-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Where in the freeking world are the SVXes comming out of chicago area for? Where were they at the mini-meet?
:D

If anyone is interested, I can go look.

Lwin

clearwaterms
04-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Westchester is a suburb of chicago. About 8~9 miles west of the city limits.

If Lwin could look at the car that would be great.

MasterOfPuppets
04-11-2002, 03:01 PM
hmm thats alittle too far for me (im in St.Louis)

Aredubjay
04-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Seraph
Where in the freeking world are the SVXes comming out of chicago area for? Where were they at the mini-meet?
:D

If anyone is interested, I can go look.

Lwin

Lwin, this is the one I had wanted you to check for me earlier. Seemed you had some difficulty with your GF or something and wasn't able to.:D If you're out and about, I'd still like to have you check it for me.

Chris,
I'm surprised you haven't sold this car yet. I didn't mean to leave you hanging, but, the pics didn't tell me anything. If Lwin gives it a thumbs up, I may be giving you a call.

Seraph
04-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Lwin, this is the one I had wanted you to check for me earlier. Seemed you had some difficulty with your GF or something and wasn't able to.:D If you're out and about, I'd still like to have you check it for me.

Chris,
I'm surprised you haven't sold this car yet. I didn't mean to leave you hanging, but, the pics didn't tell me anything. If Lwin gives it a thumbs up, I may be giving you a call.

Randy, I'll do it over the weekend. cool?

Chris: I'll call you tonight.

Lwin

clearwaterms
04-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Master of Puppets if Lwin gives it the thumbs up, I can meet you half way, providing you pay for gas for two cars (SVX, and my ride back) And one meal for the sucker (i mean friend) I convience to
follow me. The same would apply to anybody that wanted to purchase the vehicle, within a resonable distance.

Chris

clearwaterms
04-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Randy, to be honest, I have not really been trying to sell the car. I put it up here and no where else. I didn't think anybody left me hanging, I was a little slow with the pictures and then when I had them, they didn't turn out (old digital camera) I do apoligize, but the only way to truly justify this would be to have another person (like LWIN) look the vehicle over.

Thanks
Chris

Seraph
04-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Going over on Sat.

Lwin

Aredubjay
04-11-2002, 10:44 PM

Randy, I'll do it over the weekend. cool?

Chris: I'll call you tonight.

Lwin

Thanks Lwin. Thanks, Chris.

Look forward to hearing from youse guys.

Seraph
04-15-2002, 03:10 PM
ok. I am kind of busy. I will post a detail inspection report tonight.

Lwin

Aredubjay
04-15-2002, 03:21 PM
ok. I am kind of busy. I will post a detail inspection report tonight.

Lwin

Thanks for the phone call Lwin. Sorry we got disconnected. I appreciate your time.

Seraph
04-16-2002, 12:18 AM
Uh. ok

Don't worry about the call Randy. Freeking thing drops calls even in Chicago. :mad:

Ok. Back to the review

This is what I have noticed.

Condition on the exterior of the car is great. There is a dent on the pass. side in the front of the wheel well. About 6 inches or so wide and about 1/8 inch deep so all you have to do it bring it to a bodyshop to fix it. The car has new tires. And clean inside out.

Interior has wear and tear for the car of this age. Compare to my 2 cars, this would be about the same as my new 92. The seats have a slight wear on the driver side but it is normal for a car this old. The electronics works great. Mirrors, seats, sunroof. etc works great. Stereo is working.

This is the part --- Engine bay: Clean in general with a little dust. The car is leaking power steering fluid. I am pretty sure it is from the o-ring area and Chris told me that the replacement o-ring is in the car. I assume that is the case. The car makes a groaning noise consistant with the sound comming from car with this type of problem. The only thing that concerns me is that on my 94 with the same problem, the noise does not exist at high speed and on this car, the noise is there at high speed as well. There are also signs that there is a leak from the engine from the front timing belt area. It could be the oil from the powersteering. But looks just like my 94 with this kind of leak (only to a lesser degree on this car).

On the positive note, tranny is in an amazing state as it was rebuilt recently(at a local shop) and there were no burnt smell or particles in the tranny fluid and fluid is bright red.

Hope this helps

Lwin

clearwaterms
04-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Lwin,

thank you for the response. If anybody is still interested in the vehicle please contact me at 708-927-2046

Thanks
Chris

phoenix96
04-16-2002, 11:24 AM
The only thing that concerns me is that on my 94 with the same problem, the noise does not exist at high speed and on this car, the noise is there at high speed as well.

Could that have to do with the speed-sensitive steering that would be on the 92 LS-L but not on your 94 L?

Seraph
04-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by phoenix96

Could that have to do with the speed-sensitive steering that would be on the 92 LS-L but not on your 94 L?

I doubt it. It sounds more like PS pump making sound. The PS fluid is low though. But it should not make that much noise.

lwin

clearwaterms
04-16-2002, 01:12 PM
If your talking about the humming noise. The friend that is watching the car for me put belt dressing on the belt, thinking that it was dried. That noise wasn't there before and it's there now.

side note: Lwin is a much more informed SVXer and is probably right, I don't really know much about common problems with these cars.