PDA

View Full Version : Black fiberglass hood now avilable.

svxfiles
09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
This is the 19.5#, high quality, stock looking hood, some of you have said you wanted.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/29721.jpg
On my Pearlie.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/28669.jpg
And on my Claret.
They are made by a Cumberland Maryland Company, Class Glass & Performance, that has been building high quality automotive parts since 1990.
They are available, through me, or suby-crosser, for $350.00, in black gel coat.
There are more pictures in my locker. :)

Hocrest
09-19-2005, 01:53 PM
I got to see the hood on Tom's Pearlie over the weekend at the Subaru Challenge. Very nice quality and fit :D There will be one on the racer when we can come up with the funding.

SVXRide
09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
What a piece of ART!!
Do you have me down for s/n 002 or 003? ;)
-Bill

svxfiles
09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
What a piece of ART!!
Please put me down for s/n 002 AND 003? ;)
-Bill
Fixed your post Bill! :rolleyes: :D

SVXRide
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Why not just put me down for s/n 002 through 006 and I'll make a "Calder-ish" mobile out of them :rolleyes: :D
-Bill

svxfiles
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
That would make quite a statement. :)

RSVX
09-19-2005, 03:40 PM
what about the window washer nozzles?

benebob
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I got to see the hood on Tom's Pearlie over the weekend at the Subaru Challenge. Very nice quality and fit :D There will be one on the racer when WE CAN COME UP WITH A SPONSOR WILLING TO PAY FOR IT.

Fixed your post. My 2cents are it is a VERY GOOD product. Does not need painted as the finish is very good from factory. Its light as can be but it also has some strength to it. It doesn't bend in 2 when you hold it up like some of the hoods I saw at the challenge on various imprezas. Worth every penny!!

svxfiles
09-19-2005, 05:10 PM
what about the window washer nozzles?
If you want the windshield washers installed on the hood, I can, or you can drill them in the stock location, or farther back :)
I am going to put mine on the W.W. arms using GM nozzels,for a more streamlined look.

AFBeefcake
09-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I run my nozzels on the wiper arms.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/AFBeefcake/8177.JPG

SVXRide
09-19-2005, 06:50 PM
If you want the windshield washers installed on the hood, I can, or you can drill them in the stock location, or farther back :)
I am going to put mine on the W.W. arms using GM nozzels,for a more streamlined look.

Tom,
How the ww nozzles mount could make or break the deal for me (j/k!!)....when do you think you'll get your hands on some GM nozzles and take some pics of the install (I'd like to have an install that doesn't require zip ties to have it stay on the wiper arm....)
-Bill

svxfiles
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
But, but, Bill,,,, THATS HOW GM DOES IT!!!! :eek:

j/k :)

1992SVX
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
that hood is nice i saw it when i went to get pick my car up from Tom. it is very light and like you guys said already it is stronger than it looks

Subafreak
09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
So we got any hard numbers on how much weight this puppy saves? :cool:

svxfiles
09-21-2005, 08:09 AM
So we got any hard numbers on how much weight this puppy saves? :cool:
When I weighed my spare stock hood I got 48#s on my digital scale, before I gutted it down to 37#s by removing the underhood bracing.
Making it shake, flap, flex, and sound like a Cavalier hood.
When they (Class Glass) weighed the hood they used for the mold they got 44#s as I remember :confused:
The new street weight hood, like the one on my car weighs, (according to Class Glass) 19.5#s! :cool:
It feels VERY light!
When I get the chance I'll bring my digital scale down to them and weigh my old Claret hood and the next street weight black fiberglass one.
The street weight hood has TWO layers of 2oz fiberglass for the hood surface, and TWO layers to make the underhood bracing, and 4 layers where the "nutzerts" go.
BTW, a single layer lift off race weight one will weigh about 10-11#s.
The race weight hood will have one layer of 2oz fiberglass, and 1 layer of 6oz backing where the MANDATORY hood pins go.
More later.

Fuzz541
09-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Just to verify, does the 2-layer street hood have all the standard metal mounting points: hinges, threaded strut ball inserts, front latch hook, etc.?

Thanks.

BTW, I think I found a really good replacement hood strut.

It's Strong Arm number 4815, the extended length is exactly identical to the SVX strut, and the cartridge lifting pressure seems to be in the 40-50lb range (?). The cartridge body is about 1/2" longer, but the length is compensated by the way the shaft and cartridge attach to the mounting points. They are reversed - i.e. the silver shaft has a ball mount on the end and the cartridge has the hinged point that attaches to the fender.

Here's the catch: the strut's hinged bracket is totally incorrect for the SVX fender holes. I plan to Dremel the bracket off, drill out the rivet in the stock bracket, and use stainless hardware with a bushing and locknuts to reattach the old SVX bracket (which also includes that odd weatherstrip mounting point in addition to the mounting holes).

I'll post photos of my project later this week and y'all can decide if the experiment warrants a sticky.

svxfiles
09-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Just to verify, does the 2-layer street hood have all the standard metal mounting points: hinges, threaded strut ball inserts, front latch hook, etc.?

Thanks.
[/Hijack]
There are 4 nutzerts for the stock hood hinges, and two nutzerts for the stock latch.
On the first two hoods they built, they did not reinforce the area for the hood props, but will do so from #3 on.
You CAN NOT use the stock hood props, as they are made for a 48# hood, and would be way too strong for a sub 20# hood.
I have more pictures in my locker, and the sizes of the longer bolts you would need.

Fuzz541
09-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Cool. Looks great (paint your wipers!!!:D).

I like your hood strut clips - did you gut the struts or just use blown OEM's? If my experiment fails I may go your route. Where do you store them when they're not in place?

svxfiles
09-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Cool. Looks great (paint your wipers!!!:D).

I like your hood strut clips - did you gut the struts or just use blown OEM's? If my experiment fails I may go your route. Where do you store them when they're not in place?
Thanks. I painted one yesterday. :rolleyes:
I took some weak stock struts, and drilled though holes in the top and bottom. The bottom hole is 2.25" from the end of the gas tube (where the crome rod comes out)
You could clip them on your key ring, or sunvisor flap.
Mine are in the shift console.
John (svxcess) sent me this link, the other day
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBARU-SVX-HOOD-LIFT-STRUT-SUPPORTS-ELIMINATES-HOOD-SAG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQitemZ4576348 791QQrdZ1
Thanks, John.

benebob
09-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks. I painted one yesterday. :rolleyes:

Did ya take off the blade??? :D

svxfiles
09-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Did ya take off the blade??? :D
Heck NO, ya see it was raining and they were moving WAY to fast.... :rolleyes:

Fuzz541
09-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Update. I looked up the 4815 on the ArvinMeritor.com application guide (http://www.arvinmeritor.com/products/mcs/aftermarket/app1.asp). It's designed for the rear hatch glass on a Nissan Pathfinder. No way is it going to be strong enough. I may try the 4859 that Canuck found at Canadian Tire (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26157&highlight=canadian+tire+hood). That's OEM for a Ford Probe liftgate with spoiler, which is probably heavier than the SVX hood.

The 4815 might be a good bet for your fiberglass hood though, with some modding as described above. I'll try your ghetto method for now. :)

Szalkerous
06-23-2006, 11:57 AM
SVXFiles... are they still offering this hood?

If so, how close does the black gel match with factory black paint?

Third question, my hood struts are failing on the stock hood, don't really hold it up at all, it just coasts down with some resistance. Think I'll need to replace them for the fiber hood?

-Sz

Edit: Reason I ask is my stock hood has many acorn dings and is starting to crack paint because of a few... I want to rid myself of it!

TheSTig
06-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm interested in this hood. How much would shipping be to around MKE? I'll be using the stock hood struts though... I don't like hoodpins on a daily.

svxfiles
06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
SVXFiles... are they still offering this hood?
YES.

If so, how close does the black gel match with factory black paint?
When new, a perfect match to the hood and trunk of a two tone.

Third question, my hood struts are failing on the stock hood, don't really hold it up at all, it just coasts down with some resistance. Think I'll need to replace them for the fiber hood?
They might be great with the lighter hood.

-Sz

Edit: Reason I ask is my stock hood has many acorn dings and is starting to crack paint because of a few... I want to rid myself of it!
I will post a picture of my hood shortly.:)

svxfiles
06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm interested in this hood. How much would shipping be to around MKE? I'll be using the stock hood struts though... I don't like hoodpins on a daily.
What is the zipcode, and does it go to a business?
:)

svxfiles
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
These are pictures I took today, almost a year later.
The hood is still shiney, even though its never been properly waxed.:eek:
I plan to paint it Claret to match the car eventually.
It is a little grayer than when it was new, but still looks good!:)
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/36627.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/36629.jpg

TheSTig
06-23-2006, 02:37 PM

53207 or 53202. Would shipping to a business be preferable?

Earthworm
06-23-2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/36629.jpgDo those headlights help you see better at night or in the snow? :p :D Ouch!

gtdanielgt
06-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Ok,

Two Questions.

#1. Can they put a sort of WRX style hood scoop on that hood?

#2. What type of hood struts CAN you use then? Or do you have to use a 'hood prop' sorry, not sure the exact name.. I'm talking about the metal thingy that inserts into a part on the hood to hold it up..

Thanks, sorry for the bad grammar.

AFBeefcake
06-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Here is the link to my how-to that I did about hood lifters for use with a CF hood. http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/How-To/14533.docI listed the NAPA part numbers that are needed.

It's Just Eric
06-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Just curious..I know a while back there were hoods with theese nice little scoops molded into them. Looked real nice and clean. Was this the doings of class glass, or was it another company?

gtdanielgt
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Just curious..I know a while back there were hoods with theese nice little scoops molded into them. Looked real nice and clean. Was this the doings of class glass, or was it another company?

That's what I was inquiring about as well... Haven't got an answer yet :confused:

NikFu S.
06-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Different company.
Cheap quality hoods.

Heya files, just for giggles can you tell me shipping to my place?

Light hood has been on my to do list for a long time.

It's Just Eric
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
...Damn, I was hoping class glass made the scoopy hood too...Thier quality is amazingulocoius, if thee were ever such a thing
(That means good)

AFBeefcake
06-24-2006, 07:33 AM
As the owner of one of the scooped hoods. I can tell you they are crappy quality.:mad:

RedHotSVX
06-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Was wondering what the cost would be to ship here also...01835..residence....and back to another posted question....is there a possibility of one being manufactured with a WRX style,or any style scoop?

jman050
06-24-2006, 08:45 AM
can these be made by the same company in CF?

TheSTig
06-26-2006, 01:10 PM
CF wouldn't really save you all that much. Fiberglass is pretty light.... cf might be a couple lbs lighter, but it would be stronger.

TheSTig
06-26-2006, 01:10 PM
The scooped hoods are kinda ugly IMHO. I'm still awaiting a shipping price on one of these black beauties. :)

TomsSVX
06-26-2006, 01:14 PM
these hoods are extremely light. They look pretty good too. I endorse them 100%, thats why I have one on my silver

Tom

SVXRide
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
these hoods are extremely light. They look pretty good too. I endorse them 100%, thats why I have one on my silver

Tom

If I had one on BillStock Level 3.5, I'd agree 110% with Tom:rolleyes: :cool:
-Bill

benebob
06-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Way too heavy for me. I prefer the 1/8 inch race hood that reminds you its there once you reach 5mph in the pits.:D Very good quality and what do you need a hood scoop for unless you're feeding an intercooler?:D

svxfiles
06-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Sorry to take so long, things have been NUTZ!
Nik $439.04:eek:
RedHotSVX $170.91
TheSTig $173.56
CORRECTION!
RedHotSVX $93.44 TO A BUSINESS
via New England Motor Freight, 1 day!:)

TheSTig $100.63 TO A BUSINESS
via Roadway Express, 3 days! :)

Nik, still :eek:

svxfiles
06-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Ok,

Two Questions.

#1. Can they put a sort of WRX style hood scoop on that hood?

#2. What type of hood struts CAN you use then? Or do you have to use a 'hood prop' sorry, not sure the exact name.. I'm talking about the metal thingy that inserts into a part on the hood to hold it up..

Thanks, sorry for the bad grammar.
You can install a fiberglass or plastic scoop in/on the hood once you get it. Class Glass will not because it takes the sale of twenty hoods for them to recoup their mold investment.
You can use weak stock struts, or drill out the stock struts and use a pin, or you can make and use a hood prop.:)

TheSTig
06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
RedHotSVX $170.91
TheSTig $173.56

These are my costs to ship out ground Yellow Motor Freight to a business.
It's cheaper to send it to a business.:)
Class Glass will make a carbon fibre hood, but it looks just like a black gel coat one.
They do it for true racers where weight matters more than money.
If you really want one with a scoop, Dayle at Motorsports Warehouse can get you one in a light blue or light gray.:)

Thanks. Few other questions, can you use the factory insulation?

TomsSVX
06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
don't use the factory insulation... use the rubber moldings that are on the front of the underside of the hood.

Tom

curly2k3
06-26-2006, 05:44 PM
hmm... looks like a good way to blow 400... is the paint pretty good and is it really well trimed?

TomsSVX
06-26-2006, 06:14 PM
The paint is a gel coat so it will look good. The edges are not rounded, they are straight cut so the edges are almost sharp. Thats the thing, these hoods were not made for cosmetic reasons, they were made to reduce weight. If youa re getting it for another reason, you are a fool

Tom

curly2k3
06-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I know its not a cosmetic upgrade, I was talking like production quality and fit... like compared to the CF ones that seem to be crappy quality

NikFu S.
06-26-2006, 07:53 PM

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/pwn/OMFGBUNNY.jpg

Wallet rapage!dfcvhbhvh;fjgbopnfk

)':

svxfiles
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/pwn/OMFGBUNNY.jpg

Wallet rapage!dfcvhbhvh;fjgbopnfk

)':
And this is with my 50% OFF BUSINESS DISCOUNT!:confused:

NikFu S.
06-26-2006, 08:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/aybnfu.png

I have no chance to get a hood make my time. :/

T___T

Szalkerous
07-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Hmmm, what's the shipping cost to 03062? And do it residential. I'd ship it to the dock at my work, however I'd have to way to get it home. (I work 45 miles from home)

In either case, I need a hood, and want to be rid of the tank armor hood I have now. I'll have to bite cost. (EDIT: This is not to say I'm not impressed with the ClassGlass hood- it's the best I've seen to date, and looks identical to stock while shut... with some small underhood noise dampening material, I think it's perfect for what I need.) Also, where is it shipping from? I work in the shipping software industry and might be able to find an alternate LTL shipper for cheaper...

PS - Nikfu, good reference. Gave me a slight laugh, not at your expense of course.

-Sz

svxfiles
07-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Also, where is it shipping from? I work in the shipping software industry and might be able to find an alternate LTL shipper for cheaper...

-Sz
Cumberland Maryland 21502
If you can find a cheaper method of shipping it, please let me know!

Nik, I just spoke with a friend oif mine in WV who will probably be moving to Alaska, and she can bring one up then.:)
It might be a while...:rolleyes:

Szalkerous
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
What's the size of the package dimensions? What's the weight?

NikFu S.
07-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Cumberland Maryland 21502
If you can find a cheaper method of shipping it, please let me know!

Nik, I just spoke with a friend oif mine in WV who will probably be moving to Alaska, and she can bring one up then.:)
It might be a while...:rolleyes:
That would be HOT.

I'll start saving doughs up right now.

Put me down for one if that idea ever goes through. :DDDDDDDD

svxfiles
10-18-2006, 11:04 AM
After talking with LAN yesterday he hooked me up with
www.freightquote.com
and I set up an account :) (promising one delivery a month:rolleyes: )
In the continental US the shipping is now $107.50, and the box is $15.00.
I can sell the hoods for $350.00 cash and carry,
or shipped for $350.00+$107.50+$15.00.
$472.50 total.
Loose 28.5#s, look sleeker, and hotter all without dieting!
Order Today!:D

Nik, Jan is still planning to move there, she just does not know when.

svxfiles
10-18-2006, 11:13 AM
What's the size of the package dimensions? What's the weight?
Class Glass Hoods
Shipping box is 54” X 57” X 8”
Shipping weight is 40#s

I thought I sent you this:confused:

Stevebsy
10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
That is quite a reasonable price for the hood, and for the shipping.

I should know, as I work for a hood company :D We make truck/SUV hoods mostly, though..

Oh and yeah, Freightquote.com is as good as a little guy is going to get for shipping rates. I use them to ship my bumpers.

PS make sure you pack those hoods really really well, or the freight guys will destroy them on a regular basis. :( Be sure they can survive a 4 foot drop
because that's the treatment they're going to get :O
PM and I can possibly share some trade secrets on packaging...

svxfiles
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
PS make sure you pack those hoods really really well, or the freight guys will destroy them on a regular basis. :( Be sure they can survive a 4 foot drop
because that's the treatment they're going to get :O
PM and I can possibly share some trade secrets on packaging...
Thank you Steve!
When I was talking to bob at Class Glass, he said he only used Yellow Freight, because they never damaged any hoods.

But they are about $70.00 more.:(
The freight Quote guys use several carriers, UPS Freight, A Duie Pile, AAA Cooper, Bullet Freight, Central Freight, Daylight, Dayton, FedEx, Jevic, Lakeville Motor Express, Mid States, New England Motor Freight, New Penn, Oak Harbor, Old Dominion, Pitt Ohio, Roadway, Saia, Southeastern Freightlines, Southwestern Freightlines, USF(a bunch of them) Watkins, ETC.
PM sent.

SVXRide
10-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Thank you Steve!
When I was talking to bob at Class Glass, he said he only used Yellow Freight, because they never damaged any hoods.

But they are about $70.00 more.:(
The freight Quote guys use several carriers, UPS Freight, A Duie Pile, AAA Cooper, Bullet Freight, Central Freight, Daylight, Dayton, FedEx, Jevic, Lakeville Motor Express, Mid States, New England Motor Freight, New Penn, Oak Harbor, Old Dominion, Pitt Ohio, Roadway, Saia, Southeastern Freightlines, Southwestern Freightlines, USF(a bunch of them) Watkins, ETC.
PM sent.

[Hijack] So, when is Class Glass going to come out with a cowl induction-version of the stock hood? [/Hijack done]:D

-Bill

svxfiles
10-18-2006, 01:06 PM
[Hijack] So, when is Class Glass going to come out with a cowl induction-version of the stock hood? [/Hijack done]:D

-Bill
Class Glass sells tons of
(SPORT COMPACT
1995-2002 CAVALIER
1995-2002 SUNFIRE
1995-99 NEON
2000-02 NEON
2000-01 STRATUS
PT CRUISER
HONDA
ESCORT
COUGAR
TRUCK PARTS
1932 CHEVYS
CHEVROLET
DODGE & PLYMOUTH
FORD
STUDEBAKER
ROADSTER
3 WINDOW COUPE
5 PASSENGER COUPE
( VICKY )
FENDER PACKAGE
& PARTS
1965 & UP CAR PARTS
CAMARO
CHEVELLE
MALIBU / EL CAMINO
NOVA
MUSTANG
FIREBIRD
BARRACUDA
1923 FORD T BUCKET
BODY & PARTS
1933 WILLY'S
RACECAR BODY
CHASSIS
RACING GO KARTS
MARTZ CHASSIS
BODIES & PARTS
ORDER INFORMATION
WARRANTY
MONTE CARLO
FRONT PAGE /
88-94 CAVALIER
2005 COBALT)
stuff, but not many SVXers step up and buy things.

Jerry and I were talking about a different hood yesterday.
One that allowed engine heat to be vented, perhaps a more agressive design.
What do you think would look good?
If someone would like to photochop something we could all look at, that would be great!

curly2k3
10-18-2006, 01:54 PM
if you guys come up with something to vent out the heat from the bay, consider one sold. i can draw some up if you would like, i have a few ideas in mind.

stallion
10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Agreed with Curly. I hate the design of the engine bay... it looks so cramped and kinda frustrates me every-single-time I open the hood. I'm definetly in for one if you guys come up with a design to get some serious ventilation going.

n00b on demand
10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Agreed with Curly. I hate the design of the engine bay... it looks so cramped and kinda frustrates me every-single-time I open the hood. I'm definetly in for one if you guys come up with a design to get some serious ventilation going.

Take the underbody cover off in the summer time...it will be a little cooler. I would suggest keeping it on for the winter though. You wouldn't want all that crap from the road getting up into the engine.

svxfiles
10-18-2006, 03:44 PM
if you guys come up with something to vent out the heat from the bay, consider one sold. i can draw some up if you would like, i have a few ideas in mind.
I love the vents that The Hunter installed in his hood, all though I am not a fan of the hood scoop.:o
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/The_Hunter/36799.JPG
And I would position them a little differently.
There was someone else who had a dark SVX with NACA ducts tastefully placed towards the front outside edges of the hood and IT looked great, but I can't yet find it in any lockers.:confused:
Darn having to actually work for a living.:(

NikFu S.
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Nik, Jan is still planning to move there, she just does not know when.
I still have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket. :D

This ventilated hood idea intrigues me as well.

svxfiles
10-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I still have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket. :D
Send it to me so that you will not be tempted to spend it on, say groceries!

This ventilated hood idea intrigues me as well.
I can understand how heat can be a problem, Where do you live again?:confused:

TomsSVX
10-18-2006, 09:52 PM
quality hood... I love mine and I couldn't help but giggle when I lifted it up... I almost threw it across the driveway of Tom's shop because I wasn't expecting it to be that light... Either way, it is a good investment for anyone who is looking to shave some weight off the front of the car...

Tom

curly2k3
10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
i like the vents that the italian guy did too, the side ones.

black beast
10-19-2006, 07:43 AM
they won't make cf, I already tried, race quality only, which means that they don't want to take the time to make sure it is a god looking peice of fabric. ok maybe I am being too harsh, but i asked and they said no to a nice show quality hood (which by the way, it is normally show quality hoods that you see...)

curly2k3
10-19-2006, 08:12 AM
i personally would not care if it was show quality or not, as long as its hella light and fits pretty well....good enough for me!

SVXRide
10-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Jerry and I were talking about a different hood yesterday.
One that allowed engine heat to be vented, perhaps a more agressive design.
What do you think would look good?
If someone would like to photochop something we could all look at, that would be great!

Tom,
I think a short (~2" high) cowl induction scoop with vents at the forward edge of the hood (right behind the radiator) would be very cool (pun intended;) ). The vents would be similar to what EVO hoods have now.
-Bill

svxfiles
10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Small NACA Duct - Black
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/naca.htm
SPA-D102 I think would look good, and they are only $16.00 each.
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3627
3627 is a little smaller.

TomsSVX
10-19-2006, 09:27 AM
they won't make cf, I already tried, race quality only, which means that they don't want to take the time to make sure it is a god looking peice of fabric. ok maybe I am being too harsh, but i asked and they said no to a nice show quality hood (which by the way, it is normally show quality hoods that you see...)

These hoods are meant to be lighter.... not so you can feature your car in the fast and the ficticious:rolleyes:

Tom

curly2k3
10-19-2006, 09:32 AM
along the lines of venting and induction scoops....why not do something like an Evo hood or like the 22B hood?

TomsSVX
10-19-2006, 09:59 AM
There is no reason they wouldn't do it. I would imagine you would have to send them the scoops so they can mold it into the hood

Tom

curly2k3
10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
yeah i guess they could do basically whatever huh?

svxfiles
10-19-2006, 12:49 PM
There is no reason they wouldn't do it.TomActually there is.
Since not enough people have bought the stock looking hoods, they have not recouped their investment of the FIRST SVX hood mold.:o
And unless we had a group agreement on the style, and a commited group buy they would not go for it.
I think it has been WONDERFUL of Class Glass to keep open the group buy price for as long as they have!
My thinking is to graft or bolt the desired scoops or vents on the hoods from Class Glass, that way everyone could pick out the scoop/vent they desired.:)
This is what I had in mind in the first place, but kept my hood stock looking and unpainted so that people could see how it held up.

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
I went to Class Glass today to pick up another hood, and talked to Bob about hood vents.
He said that he makes some 7"X7" NACA hood scoops that allow air to enter if they point forward, and pulls air out if they face "backwards".
Meaning if the pointy end is the trailing edge it would suck air from the engine compartment. Like on their Bonniville Racer.
Here is a link to their NACA ducts on the side of their racer.
http://www.classglassperformance.com/NEWS.html
He can make them smaller and shallower and all though he is not ready to make another hood mold, he would graft these (or another style scoop) onto the existing SVX hoods.:)
It would be an extra $90.00 for two vents installed, or $50.00 for the pair if you wanted to install them yourself.

I know that I saw a dark colored SVX with two NACA ducts near the front of the hood, but just cant find the picture.:confused:

On another note I spoke with FreightQuote today to ship the hood, and there CAN be a variation in shipping prices.
The price she quoted me was for a business to business to the same zip code, not all over the country.
But still it should not be over $140.00 EVEN to LA CA!
And it was a little less to neighboring states.:)

All in all, good news!
More later
Tom.

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
The NACA ducts would do it, but please draw or photochop something.:)

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
RedHotSVX $170.91
TheSTig $173.56

CORRECTION!
NOW
RedHotSVX $93.44 TO A BUSINESS
via New England Motor Freight, 1 day!:)

TheSTig $100.63 TO A BUSINESS
via Roadway Express, 3 days! :)

Nik, still :eek:

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Hmmm, what's the shipping cost to 03062? I'd ship it to the dock at my work, however I'd have to way to get it home. (I work 45 miles from home)

-Sz
If sent to your work, $93.44, two days,
New England Motor Freight.:)
If sent to residential $179.69

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
RSVX, if your zip is 29301, it's #100.63, Roadway Express, 3 days:)

stallion, if your zip is 95101, it's $137.15, FedEx National TL, 6 days:)

Curly, if your zip is 55343, it's $100.63, Roadway Express, 4 days:)

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Mark5
Cincinatti

Quoted on: 10/26/2006
Carrier Estimated transit Total price
Roadway Express
Less-than-truckload 3 business days $100.63
Pitt Ohio Express
Less-than-truckload 1 business day $104.68
Fedex Freight
Less-than-truckload 1 business day
Guaranteed * $108.67

Don't tell Caroline!:eek: ;)

sicksubie
10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Going to all the extra effort of trying to adapt hood scoops is not worth it as far as I'm concerned. I have a FG hood with a scoop on my red LS and it looked cool at first, but when I park them side by side I like the stock hood better. Also, is anyone running into cooling problems? If not then, why all the effort to graft in a hood scoop? Just my .02, but remember I have both and can compare.

sicksubie
10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
P.S. SVXfiles how much to 01520 to a business?

svxfiles
10-26-2006, 06:51 PM
P.S. SVXfiles how much to 01520 to a business?
$93.44, New England Motor Freight, 1 day.:)

svxfiles
04-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Does anyone want one brought to Reading?
If so, call me.
301-707-3437:)

AlcyoneDaze
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Also, is anyone running into cooling problems? If not then, why all the effort to graft in a hood scoop?

because some people might like hood scoops?

the payoff in engine cooling is probably not worth it, but if you think it looks good and its actually functional, go for it. The only reason I wouldn't do any major exterior mods is this: with a drag coefficient of 0.29, you can only mess things up

ensteele
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
I have a hood scoop on my Laguna Blue and it is a carbon fiber hood. I like the scoop on it. It is functional and does cool the engine. It is not too big, so it give it a little more agressive look as well. Just my opinion. You can see the hood scoop here. (http://photos.svxwn.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1817) :) :)

svxfiles
04-03-2007, 11:13 AM

the payoff in engine cooling is probably not worth it, but if you think it looks good and its actually functional, go for it. The only reason I wouldn't do any major exterior mods is this: with a drag coefficient of 0.29, you can only mess things up
These are STOCK LOOKING replacements.
If you want a scoop grafted on you have to ask for it, pick one out, and pay extra.

The big advantage is that they weigh less than half the 48# factory hood,
they don't hail dent,
they de-badge the hood for a cleaner look, (unless you install the badge)
and are hard to chip.
Loose 28.5# in 30 minutes for $350.00:eek: ;)

TomsSVX
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/37990.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/33728.JPG

Just a couple pics of mine... I never painted the hood either... with a good wax job it still shines on the gel coat...

Tom

sicksubie
04-03-2007, 01:03 PM

I think I am changing my tune about the scoop. The red SVX looks great with it and my silver looks great without it. Earl, that blue is absolutely gorgeous. That is the only SVX I have seen with the relocated spoiler that I think looks good. Maybe it is just your pic cuz the SVX that had the spoiler relocated further back that I saw in person looked ugly. Is that stevesby's bumper by the way?

longassname
04-03-2007, 01:31 PM
what's that white stuff?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/37990.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/33728.JPG

Just a couple pics of mine... I never painted the hood either... with a good wax job it still shines on the gel coat...

Tom

TomsSVX
04-03-2007, 02:08 PM
what's that white stuff?

why does your coolant boil in august when the car hasn't been started in days??:p :p :D

Tom

BTW Tom had a stock alt pulley machine on the rear portion to fit another rib.... 6 rib belt comming soon!!!!

sicksubie
04-03-2007, 04:30 PM
When we get cold up here we just throw on an extra layer or a hoodie and gloves. When it is 95 degrees with 85% humidity you can guys can take off as many layers as you want and go naked and you will still be hot.:D

Plus, think of the hp robbing hot air that your motor has to swallow versus the cold dense air we have.:p

svxfiles
04-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I think I am changing my tune about the scoop. The red SVX looks great with it and my silver looks great without it.
You ought to see it on a Pearlie!!!!!
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/29721.jpg

NikFu S.
04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Here I am, still wanting one. :/

ensteele
04-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Is that stevesby's bumper by the way?

Yes, it is one of his. :) :)

svxfiles
04-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Here I am, still wanting one. :/
Are you going to be at Reading?:eek:

Jan is going back to Ancorage, again,:rolleyes: but allways by plane.....
It's just too big for carry-on.....:( :( :(

ensteele
04-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Jan is going back to Ancorage, again,:rolleyes: but allways by plane.....
It's just too big for carry-on.....:( :( :(

You need to make one that folds up. :rolleyes: ;) :) :)

benebob
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
You need to make one that folds up. :rolleyes: ;) :) :)

Why they already make one that will roll up provided you warm it up nicely. You'll see it at reading. Its the price for saving 10 lbs.:D

NikFu S.
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll see if I can pull some strings with a moving company and have it trucked from Seatle.

nightrider
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
so wha is the details about getting one of those hoods? and how much would shipping be to 10980, would it be cheaper to have it shiped to my job?

TomsSVX
08-17-2007, 10:32 AM
so wha is the details about getting one of those hoods? and how much would shipping be to 10980, would it be cheaper to have it shiped to my job?

Contact SVXfiles about them. he is the main source. Shipping is going to be pricey considering the size but I am sure a commercial adress would chop off a few bucks

Tom

XT6Wagon
08-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Shame they didn't reverse the lowered section in the middle of the hood.

Usualy a raised centersection in Japan = performance model, and a lowered center section is = not perfornance model....

and with people modding these cars needing every mm of hood hieght for some of the projects... a bulge as high as the lowed section is deep could make for some very nice gains in room.

JaySVX
08-24-2007, 09:13 AM
I want a fg hood... but with them being relatively unpaintable, it would be tough to match. My car is getting repainted to the factory barcelona red on the bottom, with black hood and trunk lid, similar to other 2-tone's. I don't know that i would like it if the black extended down to the hood as well. Is it at all possible to have one done in barcelona? I doubt it, but worth a try.

svxfiles
08-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I want a fg hood... but with them being relatively unpaintable, it would be tough to match. My car is getting repainted to the factory barcelona red on the bottom, with black hood and trunk lid, similar to other 2-tone's. I don't know that i would like it if the black extended down to the hood as well. Is it at all possible to have one done in barcelona? I doubt it, but worth a try.
:confused:
Fiberglass is not at all unpaintable, just look at all of the Corvettes out there.
It is best if you let it "size" and set for a while before you prime it and paint it.
I'll be painting mine as soon as I get the time.:rolleyes:

I am not sure to do a two tone Black on Claret, or paint the glass hood stock Claret.
I think the Black hood, and the top of the front fenders down to the body line, and black mirrors would look good.
Not as GREAT as a two tone Pearlie would look.

JaySVX
08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
i know fg is paintable, but i thought someone said that they experienced problems getting it to stick properly on the hood.

svxfiles
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
i know fg is paintable, but i thought someone said that they experienced problems getting it to stick properly on the hood.
As with any painting preperation is the key.
I will let much more experienced painters answer that one.

Jerry....

JaySVX
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Great stuff tom, thanks for the heads up. I still haven't decided where to take my svx, as $3000 is a lot, but you get what you pay for. I've little experience with paint, but i'm excessively paranoid about them painting stuff i don't want painted...

svxfiles
08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Jay, Jerry was teling me that with Class Glass products, you only have to wet sand the surface with 400 grit, AFTER making sure the wax is removed!

(They wax the mold every time they cast a hood/fender, whatever so that it removes easily from the mold.)

longassname
08-26-2007, 02:20 AM
come on now..painting jell cote isn't a mystery. Every fiberglass boat or fiberglass anything for that matter has a jell coat surface. Remove the wax and propperly rough the surface and paint will stick just fine. Honestly though, 400 is for wussies. Sand it with 220-250 and lay your paint down like a man. It's a relatively flat surface for crying out loud. I could spray a glass like finish on a 220 sanded hood with my eyes closed.

Jay, Jerry was teling me that with Class Glass products, you only have to wet sand the surface with 400 grit, AFTER making sure the wax is removed!

(They wax the mold every time they cast a hood/fender, whatever so that it removes easily from the mold.)

cozykat
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM

So can they make SVX fenders as well??

How much does a stock fender wiegh, I wonder?...

(Please forgive my ignorance) When lightening the hood, wouldn't it be better to lighten the trunk as well? (To keep weight more proportionate to stock) Or is the weight difference too small to matter?

94SubieSVX
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM

(Please forgive my ignorance) When lightening the hood, wouldn't it be better to lighten the trunk as well? (To keep weight more proportionate to stock) Or is the weight difference too small to matter?

I think the trunk is fiberglass too..correct me if I'm wrong

It's Just Eric
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
.....220 is too rough.Doesnt matter how much you can bury it in clear, it'll shrink back, and a month later, you'll see.

They make special detergents to break up the mold release. Also, you could pass over it with a propane torch(quickly) to burn off the shmoo. Afterwords, it'll need to be sanded down with 400.even though it's gel coated, it is a good idea to have it primed anyway, and then wet sanded with 400 (Then again with 600 if you're ocd like me. I reccomend doing 600 if the hood is going black)

to save alot of trouble, and to be like "look, its fiberglass" you could leave the underside raw. It should stay black because it doesnt get roasted by the sun

It's Just Eric
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Please forgive my ignorance) When lightening the hood, wouldn't it be better to lighten the trunk as well? (To keep weight more proportionate to stock) Or is the weight difference too small to matter?

Actually, the car is a tad front heavy. taking weight off the front via hood, fenders, ect, will improve weight distribution

Crazy_pilot
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM

The SVX is such a nose heavy beast that lightening the front end gives it much better weight distribution.

The trunk lid is fiberglass already, and isn't really all THAT heavy. The hinge geometry just makes sure all of it's weight is working againt you when opening/closing.

Crazy_pilot
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Blast, Eric beat me to it.:mad: :p ;)

svxfiles
08-28-2007, 02:31 PM
1)So can they make SVX fenders as well??

2)How much does a stock fender wiegh, I wonder?...

(Please forgive my ignorance)
3)When lightening the hood, wouldn't it be better to lighten the trunk as well? (To keep weight more proportionate to stock)
4) Or is the weight difference too small to matter?
1) They CAN make fenders, but do not as the requests have been nill.
2) As I remember the front fenders are about 10#s each.
3) As our cars are heavier in the front than they are in the back
(as weighed at the tires/axles)
it is better to remove weight from the heavy end, making the car more balanced, ie; closer to a 50/50 weight distribution.:)
4) Since the front fenders only weigh about 10#s each, and a replacement would weigh about 5#s each, it is not really worth bothering with, unless you have UNLIMITED money!!!!!:cool:

These hoods weigh in at 19.5#s.
The stock hood weighs 48#.
These hoods are more for Gear Heads, Speed Freaks, OR people who need/want a hood THAT WILL NOT BE DAMAGED BY HAIL!!!:eek: :) :rolleyes:
Your Mileage May Vary!;)

Actually they ARE less prone to hail damage, and while that can important, the main reason people buy them is to
lighten their car, for better accelleration,
and improve weight distribution,
while at the same time they actually slightly lower the center of gravity,
for improved handeling.:)

svxfiles
08-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I think the trunk is fiberglass too..correct me if I'm wrong
Subaru "back in the day" just said the trunks were a "composite".
And once off the car really do not weigh that much.:)

svxfiles
08-28-2007, 02:54 PM
JEEEZE!!
In the time it takes Trog to answer Pretty Lady on answer box FOUR posts by young Guys!:confused:

:o

Szalkerous
09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Soooo.... are these hoods still up for sale?

Feel free to toss me a PM.

-Sz

svxfiles
09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Soooo.... are these hoods still up for sale?

Feel free to toss me a PM.

-Sz

Yes, they are still available.:)

Szalkerous
09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Sweet! What's the lead time? What form of payment do you accept?

Depending on what you take will depend whether I can order now or the next time I get paid :rolleyes:

-Sz

svxfiles
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Sweet! What's the lead time? What form of payment do you accept?

Depending on what you take will depend whether I can order now or the next time I get paid :rolleyes:

-Sz

When you place an order it takes about two weeks for the hood to be made for you.
Checks, cash, PayPal, whatever..
Note, PayPal costs me 3.9%:(

Johnybeas
02-10-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm interested in one and would love to kill some of the weight. Not only for my own purposes, but to say to some of the svx haters... HA! look I killed some of the weight it's not such a tank! AND I'm increasing the hp! SO THERE! hahaha no really though, I'd love to kill some weight without sacrificing luxury, (aka swapping my electric seat for an STI one...) ya I like my luxury with my speed.... sooo I'm definitely interested in one of these, but my question is, I have yet to see one of these on a black svx and would be interested to see the contrast of colors. Can someone post a pic of one of these, or has no one done it yet? Also I'm kinda leaning toward the scoop with some of the other guys, I've always thought the SVX looked cool with the scoops that were not bolted on after like earl's and bobby's I think it looks really sharp. And yes I'm not able to fit in a TMIC, so what.... It looks sexy alright... goodness... so... tom, how many would it take???

It's Just Eric
02-10-2008, 11:49 AM
out of that entire sentance, I will answer the one question I can.

paint the hood when it goes on the car. The black gelcoat is not going to match ebony, even at 20 feet away. Also, they fade to grey after a year or so

ensteele
02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
The black primer was not intended to match anything, because it is just primer. If you have not read the entire thread, I would suggest that you do so to get all of the information and see some pictures of it. :)

Johnybeas
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
gah! well I was reading it all... but um... 9 pages worth... I started skimming eventually...I guess I'll go back and try and find what I missed... :barf:

Johnybeas
02-13-2008, 07:25 PM
These are STOCK LOOKING replacements.
If you want a scoop grafted on you have to ask for it, pick one out, and pay extra.

The big advantage is that they weigh less than half the 48# factory hood,
they don't hail dent,
they de-badge the hood for a cleaner look, (unless you install the badge)
and are hard to chip.
Loose 28.5# in 30 minutes for $350.00:eek: ;)

ok so this is the section I'm most confused about... is this. Do you find an after market scoop and have it put in when they make it? or can I say for example, "ok, the one I pick is the one that is the same style as the ones dayle sells on his, that looks like a legacy gt or early model wrx scoop. aka the same scoop that's on earl's blue one and the red one that was formerly bobby's. " That more clear??

EDIT: Also on another note, say I don't have it shipped and just bring my svx to wv on the way to or from florida, and have you put it on, how much would it cost?

svxfiles
02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
ok so this is the section I'm most confused about... is this. Do you find an after market scoop and have it put in when they make it? or can I say for example, "ok, the one I pick is the one that is the same style as the ones dayle sells on his, that looks like a legacy gt or early model wrx scoop. aka the same scoop that's on earl's blue one and the red one that was formerly bobby's. " That more clear??

EDIT: Also on another note, say I don't have it shipped and just bring my svx to wv on the way to or from florida, and have you put it on, how much would it cost?

If you want a scoop on this hood, you have to add it to the hood.
Either by glassing it in, or by bolting it on.
Class Glass would install one of their hood scoops, for a fee, but only after the hood is made.
Otherwise they would have to make a new mold.
If you don't have it shipped its the same price, $350.00.
But I can install it, if you stop in on the way to FLA,
tom

Johnybeas
02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
when it's glassed in would it look like it's all one piece? or would the lines be visible and look like it's a separate thing.

aust92pearl
01-01-2009, 05:18 PM
hey guys ive been looking at other hood scoops i thought would look good on the svx personaly i kinda like the one on the 2nd monaro but if it were an inverted version or the first one wat do you think ? and

haha this is the funniest thing on ebay haha http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180316329553&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=180317610416&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3 DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

NikFu S.
01-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Scoops on the SVX are absolutely silly.

Files, I'm still waiting for the right moment to obtain this hood. I can most likely get it trucked here form Seattle for free. How much would it cost to get it shipped to a Seattle trucking company? Pick any zip.

I think I may have asked this long ago but no doubt charges have changed.

Ooh, and do we have to drill our own holes for washer nozzles?

--
Shipping box is 54” X 57” X 8”
Shipping weight is 40#s

You know I would order one right now if I didn't just spend $330 on a phone bill. :mad:

svxash
01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Scoops on the SVX are absolutely silly.

Even this one?
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/500/scoops.JPG

SVXRide
01-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Photoshop anyone? Not bad, but you've got to work on getting the reflections right on the pieces you paste in ;)
-Bill

svxash
01-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Never used photoshop before. Just cut and pasted on Appleworks.

Johnybeas
01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Scoops on the SVX are absolutely silly...

I personally disagree. I think that especially if you build the motor getting some more cool air in the engine compartment helps, this car and it's motor as well as transition have been known for their heating issues and the lack of airflow into the engine compartment. It's like a big oven in there. I personally think that a scoop would add some extra air flow in there to help keep things just a bit cooler and also IMHO looks good.

svxfiles
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Gary, aka The Hunter put some actual Ferrari NACA ducts on a stock steel SVX hood and imho, looked AWESOME!!!!!:cool:

I can't however find a picture.

His new scoops are nonfunctional other than hood vents.

ensteele
01-11-2009, 11:42 PM
I have a scoop on my CF hood. It allows air into the engine area when driving and I notice it stays much cooler. I think it looks good as well. Here is a Link to a picture (http://photos.svxwn.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1817). :)

Freeman
01-12-2009, 06:44 AM
I have a scoop on my CF hood. It allows air into the engine area when driving and I notice it stays much cooler. I think it looks good as well. Here is a Link to a picture (http://photos.svxwn.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1817). :)

To be honest, this is the same SVX that made me want a FG hood with a scoop.. It's beautiful!

Gary, aka The Hunter put some actual Ferrari NACA ducts on a stock steel SVX hood and imho, looked AWESOME!!!!!:cool:

I can't however find a picture.

His new scoops are nonfunctional other than hood vents.

Ta-da!!!

Sov13t
01-12-2009, 08:01 AM

I personally disagree. I think that especially if you build the motor getting some more cool air in the engine compartment helps, this car and it's motor as well as transition have been known for their heating issues and the lack of airflow into the engine compartment. It's like a big oven in there. I personally think that a scoop would add some extra air flow in there to help keep things just a bit cooler and also IMHO looks good.

Hate to be a Grinch... but any of the hood scoops you are referring to are in no way functional. The hood scoops you guys are describing are low-profile scoops that get absolutely no air into them when the car is driving... due to aerodynamics. When the car hits the air it splits it and pressure is formed at the edges/lines of the car... The hood has low air pressure. Guess why ram air intakes are usually placed in the front fenders? ;)

Now, in order to create a functional hood scoop you would need to raise it about 2-3 inches above the hood in order to catch the air and guess what... then your "Oh it looks cool" statements turn into "Oh man I should've bought some Underglo lights instead yo!". Or you can always buy a Hydra and route the intake off the throttle bodies directly upwards so the engine sucks air right out of the scoop, having no need for a MAF would significantly ease this project. (However, that would create a lot of other issues that you will have to deal with... water being one of them)

Also, correct me if I am wrong, after you reach a certain speed... air cooling is inefficient due to the engine radiating the heat at a higher rate than the air is able to carry it away....

There are quite a few articles on this...
-Sov13t.

sicksubie
01-12-2009, 08:21 AM
My engine bay was cooler after I put on my FG hood with a scoop. I cant say how much air was actually being pulled in but it was "functioning" to a certain extent. The scoop on that hood was modeled after the Legacy turbo scoops from the early 90's. Those Legacy scoops did not raise up 2-3 inches and they were definitely functional as beneath the scoop was where the TMIC was....

Freeman
01-12-2009, 08:31 AM
About the water issue..

I've often thought about the water going from the hood into the scoop... Where would it go from there?

Sov13t
01-12-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.redlineimports.co.uk/display_car_image.php?car_id=25050704&img_id=01

Granted we do not have the luxury of a wind tunnel to argue this on a more scientific basis... Which car do you think is more aerodynamic ours or the legacy? Specifically at the front of the car (including the hood)

-Sov13t.

svxfiles
01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Ta-da!!!

Actualy ths is a later rendition of his hood.

I can not find the one I was referring to.:o

Gary?

Freeman
01-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Magic tricks are hard to do Tom... Thanks for bringing me down....

Maybe you could answer my question about the water?

Wikedjuggalo
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Granted we do not have the luxury of a wind tunnel to argue this on a more scientific basis... Which car do you think is more aerodynamic ours or the legacy? Specifically at the front of the car (including the hood)

-Sov13t.

I gotta say ours. Its angled more and more gentle of curves.

Sov13t
01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Because a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/21/211263.2-lg.jpg

Of course its no SVX... looks fugly... but it gives you an idea of what is going on...

-Sov13t.

SVXMAN2001
01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
no need for a wind tunnel, generally, to compare the aerodynamic's between two cars simply compare the drag coefficients. The SVX is .29, a relatively low number...meaning quite aerodynamic

Freeman
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Hell personally I think adding any kind of body modification will only slow you down unless it's lighter.. Take fiberglass for example..

Never the less, it won't sway my thoughts and opinions that the SVX with a hood scoop, much like the blue one, just looks good.. Please keep in mind that I'm not one to rice out my vehicle and no I wouldn't put underglow or an enormous spoiler*cough* on my vehicle. Nor would I use chromed out 18" rims.. But the hood scoop looks hot... lol

sicksubie
01-12-2009, 09:26 PM
All I can say is that my underhood temps went down after installing a hood scoop....

NikFu S.
01-13-2009, 12:15 AM
By how much?

Seems to me you'd get similar/better results with a more open bumper.

sicksubie
01-13-2009, 01:18 PM
It was around 20 degrees or so...

sicksubie
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM
the hood scoop in conjunction with the phenolic spacers though were the great. My intake manifold temps fell drastically with those two 'mods'...

Freeman
01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
the hood scoop in conjunction with the phenolic spacers though were the great. My intake manifold temps fell drastically with those two 'mods'...

From what I understand, the water when it rains runs up the hood and just falls on the engine? Or do you filter it somewhere else? If you have a setup, please tell me about it..

Johnybeas
01-25-2009, 07:53 PM
what are 1/4 mi. time kills with the lighter hood??? is it only tenths or is it more significant?

NikFu S.
01-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Probably next to nothing. Mods like this only work when cumulative.

Freeman
01-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Still, the SVX is front heavy. Wouldn't hurt to shed some of that weight you know.

Johnybeas
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I have a 5spd wrx tranny green intake and a custom magnaflow exhaust set up, and new lighter wheels. I haven't dynoed it yet since I've done anything nor have I taken it down the track, I'm planning on putting the hydra with base maps and suspension on next, but I'm just curious if the lighter tranny and lighter hood would really make a difference. I know the lighter hood helps bring the weight off the front and balance it more but 30 lbs isn't much of a difference. I'm just curious if anyone has noticed if they had made any significant time differences with this and other minor weight reductions.

Freeman
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't yet have the hood so I can't say for sure.. But what I can say is that it is less prone to hail damage.. Also, since when is lighter not better? I'd say if you have the funds, go for it.. If not, then get something cheaper done if you want.

NikFu S.
01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I have a 5spd wrx tranny green intake and a custom magnaflow exhaust set up, and new lighter wheels. I haven't dynoed it yet since I've done anything nor have I taken it down the track, I'm planning on putting the hydra with base maps and suspension on next, but I'm just curious if the lighter tranny and lighter hood would really make a difference. I know the lighter hood helps bring the weight off the front and balance it more but 30 lbs isn't much of a difference. I'm just curious if anyone has noticed if they had made any significant time differences with this and other minor weight reductions.

I also have the lighter tranny, lighter exhaust, lighter wheels, A/C delete, temporarily removed passenger seat, and I suspect if/when I get this hood the cumulative effect of dropping this weight will shave off .2 seconds from stock 0-100, probably all within the first 60'. :rolleyes:
The 3.9 gearing and stage 2 software will help me a bit more, but when it comes to weight reduction what you should really be focusing on is handling. Acceleration is improved slightly but more importantly the car will roll less and probably respond more quickly. These characteristics are magnified in low traction conditions which is why I consider this type of modification.

If you want straight line numbers (and a full interior), save your money and get something that puts more fuel/air into the chambers.

Johnybeas
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Before I can afford a turbo, would upgrading the injectors help with this? I already have the green filter that I did have routed down in the wheel well but my rubber/plastic covers underneath are scuffed up and have some holes in them from slightly bottoming out. Seeing as it doesn't have any sort of water bypass I didn't wanna suck up any water and screw up my motor. So right now it's running as a short ram. I don't wanna do a complete intake like the tomyx intake because I do plan on turboing and wanna save my money for that.

What sort of mods are you referring to? Sorry I don't want to jack the thread, I'm just curious. I'd like to lose weight and gain power and try not and sacrifice too much of the interior. I know I can improve the air and fuel input with the hydra once I get it, but are there any other hardware mods I can do??

RoughSilver92
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Shipping to 46545? Residential and Business, please. If it is a big enough difference, I may have to see who can do me a favor.

svxman07
09-12-2009, 03:09 AM
do you happen to have a fiberglass hood with a hood scoop? or maybe know of anyone that does?

Johnybeas
05-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm getting mine with a scoop glassed in, Tom has been an absolute joy to work with. However busy, he's still gonna come through with the finished product! pictures when it's done and I get it! :) Totally Stoked!

92 SVX
01-15-2011, 06:01 PM
wow not a bad price for that, or has the price changed in the several years this topic has been going?

svxfiles
01-15-2011, 08:25 PM
wow not a bad price for that, or has the price changed in the several years this topic has been going?

Yep. The price is now $7,000,000,000.00, but just listen to Johny.
"Tom has been an absolute joy to work with. However busy, he's still gonna come through with the finished product! pictures when it's done and I get it! Totally Stoked! "
Ok, they are really like $399.00 plus whatever shipping is.:)
But I am pretty sure that shipping is $6,999,999,601.00

NikFu S.
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm going to be snagging one of these from you soon, Files. Get ready.

svxfiles
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm going to be snagging one of these from you soon, Files. Get ready.

OK, but you know how much more it is to ship to Alaska!:eek::eek::eek:
Just kidding.
In the lower 48 its usually under $200.00.:rolleyes:

NikFu S.
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
My friend whom I thought mysteriously disappeared is back from "vacation". He'll handle the shipping issue.

svxfiles
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
My friend whom I thought mysteriously disappeared is back from "vacation". He'll handle the shipping issue.

Cool!:cool:

92 SVX
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
If I didnt have so much else to take care of, namely those koni's I would love to get one.
Speaking of those koni's does Mychailo Toloczko
Still sell them? looking on his website they are listed, however dont see any way to order.

92 SVX
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Tom would it be possible to get one with this type of cowl induction?

http://www.e-bodyparts.com/Ram_Air_Hoods/Steel_Hoods/4042-200-691_Camaro_67-69_Cowl_Hood_Steel.jpg

Later this year, maybe early summer I really would like to get one.

icingdeath88
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Speaking of those koni's does Mychailo Toloczko
Still sell them? looking on his website they are listed, however dont see any way to order.

Are you talking about the struts or the springs he used to have made? Struts can be purchased here (cheapest place I found when I bought mine like a year ago): http://classicgarage.com/subsvx19fron.html

92 SVX
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Are you talking about the struts or the springs he used to have made? Struts can be purchased here (cheapest place I found when I bought mine like a year ago): http://classicgarage.com/subsvx19fron.html

Thanks, I found that already however I also found this
http://rallyeng.selfip.com:8080/SVX/svx_koni.html

And thought much cheaper, but even if not the correct price anymore if he is still selling them I might help boost up a svx forum vendor.

Johnybeas
02-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Tom would it be possible to get one with this type of cowl induction?

http://www.e-bodyparts.com/Ram_Air_Hoods/Steel_Hoods/4042-200-691_Camaro_67-69_Cowl_Hood_Steel.jpg

Later this year, maybe early summer I really would like to get one.

on an SVX??? yuck!:barf:

XT6Wagon
05-13-2011, 01:08 AM
To be fair we can get a good increase in hood clearence if someone made the central area of the hood that is lower on the OEM hood higher. IE make it rise above the fender line by the same ammount its currently depressed.

in the 90's it wasn't uncommon to have the lower grade cars have the hood with a recessed center and the highperformance version have a raised center regardless of need.

And if you really want more, you can buy fiberglass parts for a bodyshop to modify a current hood with.

http://www.jegs.com/c/Hoods-Scoops-Body_Hood-Scoops-Plugs/10355/10002/-1

LetItSnow
05-13-2011, 06:40 AM
I did a test-fit of a black ABS cowl scoop like the one shown above (except without the center ridge) and it actually looked pretty slick. It didn't fit at all because the leading edge of the uber custom intake manifold is sooo far forward and sooo tall.

I'm going to wind up doing one of those "power bulge" dealies that XT6Wagon mentioned.

Freeman
05-13-2011, 06:46 AM
I did a test-fit of a black ABS cowl scoop like the one shown above (except without the center ridge) and it actually looked pretty slick. It didn't fit at all because the leading edge of the uber custom intake manifold is sooo far forward and sooo tall.

I'm going to wind up doing one of those "power bulge" dealies that XT6Wagon mentioned.

Don't like the sti scoops?

LetItSnow
05-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Don't like the sti scoops?
Far too short front to back, and far, far too far forward on the hood.

Besides, 404: Intercooler not found.

92 SVX
05-13-2011, 02:09 PM
on an SVX??? yuck!:barf:

hmm I missed this reply I think.

I dont want that exact type but I would love to see a cowl induction hood for the svx. maybe flow the rise so it isnt so abrupt and widen it I think.
And definitely no raised ridge.

SubaruJawn
12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
these hoods still available ?

whats the weight difference to stock ?

svxfiles
12-19-2011, 07:39 PM
When I weighed my spare stock hood I got 48#s on my digital scale, before I gutted it down to 37#s by removing the underhood bracing.
Making it shake, flap, flex, and sound like a Cavalier hood.When they (Class Glass) weighed the hood they used for the mold they got 44#s as I remember :confused:
The new street weight hood, like the one on my car weighs, (according to Class Glass) 19.5#s! :cool:
It feels VERY light!
When I get the chance I'll bring my digital scale down to them and weigh my old Claret hood and the next street weight black fiberglass one.
The street weight hood has TWO layers of 2oz fiberglass for the hood surface, and TWO layers to make the underhood bracing, and 4 layers where the "nutzerts" go.
BTW, a single layer lift off race weight one will weigh about 10-11#s.
The race weight hood will have one layer of 2oz fiberglass, and 1 layer of 6oz backing where the MANDATORY hood pins go.
More later.

From an earlier post.
And yes they are still available.
When last I checked they were $400.00 without shipping or a box.

Conn SVX
12-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Is that the same as the Carbon Fiber Hood ?

svxfiles
12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Is that the same as the Carbon Fiber Hood ?

They are fiberglass, not carbon fibre.
(So eventualy you have to paint it so that it looks pretty.)
They do not have the hood scoop,
(unless you pick one out and send it to them.)
As a fiberglass hood they seem to hold up much better than the carbon fibre ones that as far as I know are now unavailable.

Conn SVX
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
My CF hood with scoop is now 8 years old

Green1995SVX
12-20-2011, 05:52 PM
My CF hood with scoop is now 8 years old

You're right. That does look considerably faded. It is better than most CF SVX hoods ive seen, but clearly they dont hold up too well.

Conn SVX
12-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Not really faded , just hard to get a picture with out reflections .
this is a little better

Conn SVX
12-22-2011, 06:05 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/JustVideo/IMG_0100.jpg
Something happened the first time . I think I got it now . As I said reflects everything . the CF really shows up

SubaruJawn
12-25-2011, 11:41 AM
now see thats the hood i want.

with the scoop.

92NJSVX
01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Im gonna need a new hood. Last Tuesday a 21 year old kid texting hit my baby. We were doing 40 down the road and side swiped me. He got the bumper, right fender, turn signal and hood. Knoked out the allignment too. I need to fix her!!!
I have to say that the car is awesome. It was raining out when he caught me with the left rear side of his car. Slid me out but she corrected and I was able to get the kid. Im hoping they wont total her due to costs of the repairs.

I'll be looking for a new hood to replace my fiberglass one. The cooler looking the better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Adam

Johnybeas
07-28-2012, 10:36 PM
My classglass hood with scoop glassed in all painted up and blended in, lights not in right now, it's getting some love I'll post more pictures when she's all done and I do a shoot. https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311666_872093176518_1134818347_n.jpg

icingdeath88
07-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Looks good man. I have acquired a carbon fiber hood with scoop that I'll be restoring to some presentable condition and putting on mine. The race is on.

Conn SVX
07-29-2012, 08:13 AM
I love looking out and seeing the hood scoop in front of me. Looks good nice job.

Conn SVX
07-29-2012, 08:15 AM
I love looking out and seeing the hood scoop in front of me. Looks good nice job.
What did you do to block the opening, I like it... I just have screen. I was sitting in my car one day getting ready to start it when a chipmunk stuck his head out. That's when I decided I needed a screen:lol:

Johnybeas
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
it's just a mesh grill that came with the scoop. It's a duraflex scoop.

NikFu S.
01-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Alright, it's time. How do I get this thing?

gwynethh
01-19-2015, 12:06 PM

http://www.svxfiles.com/products.html should get you there.

EdWindows
02-04-2015, 02:47 PM
I'll start saving doughs up right now.

Put me down for one if that idea ever goes through. :DDDDDDDD

9 years later :eek: :p

Btw, I know one of the techs that used to work at whichever dealer you take your car to. Somehow he ended up at the dealership in my city.

NikFu S.
02-05-2015, 12:05 AM
9 years later :eek: :p

Yes, back when I use to refer to money as "doughs". Disgraceful.

The funniest part is these days I can blow $400 without even thinking about it.

Btw, I know one of the techs that used to work at whichever dealer you take your car to. Somehow he ended up at the dealership in my city.

He must have heard I was putting my car back together and decided to skip town.

svxfiles
02-10-2015, 03:41 PM
I just checked with Class Glass yesterday and the hoods are now more expensive to have built so any future hood will be a little more.

svxfiles
02-10-2015, 03:46 PM
From an earlier post.
And yes they are still available.
When last I checked they were $400.00 without shipping or a box.

Oh!:eek:
Aparently the price has been $400.00 since 12-19-2011 and I never changed the website!:eek::confused:

This explaines why I've been loosing money on almost all of the website sales...Sigh.

svxfiles
02-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Yep. The price is now $7,000,000,000.00, but just listen to Johny.
"Tom has been an absolute joy to work with. However busy, he's still gonna come through with the finished product! pictures when it's done and I get it! Totally Stoked! "
Ok, they are really like $399.00 plus whatever shipping is.:)
But I am pretty sure that shipping is $6,999,999,601.00

Update, January 15th, 2011 the price was $399.00.
Plus a box if needed and shipping if needed.

Hey! I've been busy!
:p

NikFu S.
04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
You CAN NOT use the stock hood props, as they are made for a 48# hood, and would be way too strong for a sub 20# hood.
I have more pictures in my locker, and the sizes of the longer bolts you would need.

For future reference:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?svxfiles|28667

NikFu S.
04-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know the size of ball stud I will need for the struts or where to find some?

svxfiles
04-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know the size of ball stud I will need for the struts or where to find some?

:confused: I believe that the thread size is 8X1.25, but why don't you take them off your old hood?

NikFu S.
04-22-2015, 12:51 PM
They are too big, don't fit.

I have been all over creation looking for ball studs with a smaller diameter thread and have come up empty. Running out of ideas. Really don't want to have to drill the receivers out.

svxfiles
04-22-2015, 03:19 PM

I'll call Class Glass tomorrow as they close at 4:00 Eastern Time.
But the hood bolts fit?

NikFu S.
04-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Hood latch and hinge bolts are good. Nice and secure. I can't put the hood all the way down, though. It's as if something on the engine is too high on the right side but I can't figure it out.

NikFu S.
04-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Anything? I have a couple of 50lb struts ready to go in, just need the ball stud or some other solution to fit. If they have the stud receivers in this size surely they have something to bolt into them?

gwynethh
04-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Hood latch and hinge bolts are good. Nice and secure. I can't put the hood all the way down, though. It's as if something on the engine is too high on the right side but I can't figure it out.

Can you lay in a sheet of corrugated card board and bring the hood down gently to see where it causes a dimple in the card board that would correspond to the interference?

svxfiles
04-28-2015, 01:55 PM

I have been all over creation looking for ball studs with a smaller diameter thread and have come up empty. Running out of ideas. Really don't want to have to drill the receivers out.

Sending PM.:)

NikFu S.
04-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Can you lay in a sheet of corrugated card board and bring the hood down gently to see where it causes a dimple in the card board that would correspond to the interference?

Ooh, good idea.

NikFu S.
05-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Sending PM.:)

Responded to PM a few days ago. Checking in.

svxfiles
05-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Responded to PM a few days ago. Checking in.

:confused:I read your PM.
It was one word,
"Confirmed."
and I , sorry did not understand its meaning...
If that means that you nead 6 mm ball studs,, then cool, I will find and ship some out to you.

NikFu S.
05-08-2015, 01:21 AM
Oh, haha! I'm a dummy. I started up the message then later realized there was no way to attach pictures. I must have left and then came back thinking it was ready to send. :confused:

Here are the pictures showing the size of the bolt which fits

svxfiles
05-08-2015, 03:52 AM
OK, does that mean that the bolts that fit are 6mmX1.0?
With a 10 mm head?

NikFu S.
05-09-2015, 03:44 PM
OK, does that mean that the bolts that fit are 6mmX1.0?
With a 10 mm head?

Yes, that's affirmative.

Obewon
12-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Hi, SVXfiles.

Do you know if Class Glass will still make this fiberglass hood.

Some clown driving an SUV with the spare tire mounted on the rear (with a metallic cover) backed into the front of my pristine '92 SVX.

Result .. hood bent into a tent-shape, one of teh headlights pushed out of line, etc.

Other person 100% at fault. However, here in Quebec they have chosen to write it off because it's spo old and the used-car market here in Quebec (which is what they use to estimate value) has no SVX's to compare against.

The adjuster says $5,200 to repair. That includes stuff like paint, AC, new hood, new bumper cover, new headlight housing.

I think I can just replace the hood, push the headlight housing back into place, and get a replacement radiator support so that the hood closes properly.

But ... first things first. Is the fiberglass hood still available from Class Glass, and how much is it cost-wise ?

Any response, plus any wisdom available, will be warmly welcomed.

I do NOT want to write this car off. It runs so very nicely.

svxfiles
12-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Sorry to taake so long to get back to you, I've been trying to save a transmission. sigh...
Yes I can still get you a Black Fiberglass Hood from Class Glass but the costs have gone up slightly. $445.00 plus box and shipping if necessary.
Expect shipping to be at least $200.00 and about $15-$20 for the box.
I can find out.
Tom
BTW;
(I also found out that he will no longer ship to Canada.)

DallasSVX92
12-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Are theses hoods always available to get? I'd love to have one but more than likely wont be able to afford it for months and months to come. Also, if it's the Class Glass in Arlington Tx, I wonder if they let you do pickup instead of shipping, im only about 20min away from them.

svxfiles
12-14-2016, 06:00 PM
1) Are theses hoods always available to get? I'd love to have one but more than likely wont be able to afford it for months and months to come.
2) Also, if it's the Class Glass in Arlington Tx, I wonder if they let you do pickup instead of shipping, im only about 20min away from them.
1) They have been available since September, 2005.
2) You can do pickup but it is in Cumberland Maryland, about 1500 miles away.
Jerrry Wilson (subicrosser) and I talked to Bob,
(Jerry knew him and was the person instrumental in having them produced)
eleven years ago and he agreed to make a mold and produce them, Thanks Bob and Jerry!)

clarkrp1027
01-09-2017, 07:44 PM
What struts should we be using with this hood?

Conn SVX
03-07-2017, 07:27 AM
Struts are a problem. To strong and the hood can crack. And too soft and it will not stay open. I gave up. PO. Owner got his at NAPA. They lasted 2 years. I open the hood and use a small vice grip on the rod cyclinder to hold it open . Or you could go the old fashion route and user a rod. :rolleyes:

92 SVX
03-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Struts are a problem. To strong and the hood can crack. And too soft and it will not stay open. I gave up. PO. Owner got his at NAPA. They lasted 2 years. I open the hood and use a small vice grip on the rod cyclinder to hold it open . Or you could go the old fashion route and user a rod. :rolleyes:

I remember someone had a solution for them on the lighter hoods, but at the moment I can't recall it.

svxcess
03-09-2017, 08:43 PM
I remember someone had a solution for them on the lighter hoods, but at the moment I can't recall it.

Use a bad strut. Raise the hood all the way up and drill a hole. Use a hood pin clips with a tethered piece of wire so you have it handy... or a nail...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19038&stc=1&d=1489117346

svxcess
03-09-2017, 08:45 PM

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19039&stc=1&d=1489117490

sikend667
07-29-2017, 03:09 PM
do we have contact information for the people producing these? im interested as the hood to my polo is BER, but i need to figure out shipping costs and all that good stuff.

svxnavyvet
07-29-2017, 05:55 PM
I would like to get one also.

svxfiles
07-29-2017, 07:52 PM
do we have contact information for the people producing these? im interested as the hood to my polo is BER, but i need to figure out shipping costs and all that good stuff.

I am the contact for getting these.
Three oh one seven oh seven two eight three seven

sikend667
07-30-2017, 07:48 PM
I am the contact for getting these.
Three oh one seven oh seven two eight three seven

perfect thank you will be back home on friday and will give you a ring

svxnavyvet
09-29-2017, 10:45 PM
so got my two hoods today thank you Tom.
They look great well packed not a scratch on them shines like a new paint job.
they both get the new style hood locks no front latch.
one is going get wild hood scoop something like 2000 trans am. also looking at vents to get some heat out of engine compartment.
more of you should get these

svxfiles
10-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Class Glass and Performance has some new owners, Chris is The Man. Previously the Owner wanted everyone to go through me, and while you still can (three oh one, seven oh seven, three four three seven) You can now go directly to Chris. : ) Phone number; 301-777-3456 Hope that helps. Oh, and shipping is now less than it used to be, so you are most likely under $200.00 for shipping. And, as always, pick up is free.

GC 2 NV
03-01-2018, 09:35 PM
This is a very Ling thread... Is pricing listed at all?

svxfiles
03-02-2018, 11:14 AM
"Yes I can still get you a Black Fiberglass Hood from Class Glass but the costs have gone up slightly. $445.00 plus box and shipping if necessary.
Expect shipping to be at least $200.00 and about $15-$20 for the box.
I can find out.
Tom
BTW;
(I also found out that he will no longer ship to Canada.)"