PDA

View Full Version : When is the fall Tri-State meet?

AFBeefcake
09-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I know its in October.

I just want to plan a head so I can go.

jscorse
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I'dl like to go if I can, so please let me know too.

I can now be emailed directly at jscorse_svx@verizon.net

Thanks guys.

I need to snoop around and see if I can find a cat. for my baby.

Jeff

AFBeefcake
09-08-2005, 07:34 PM
If its the center cat you can get a rebult one from napa. I got one from them. It only took 2 days to get.

Subafreak
09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
If its the center cat you can get a rebult one from napa. I got one from them. It only took 2 days to get.

How much did that cost you?!?!

And when is the next meet? :D

AFBeefcake
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
It was about $180 I think after core.

jscorse
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Nah, it's the right hand front one. I found a 'kit' with all the shields and parts on Autoparts.com for $384. Any other ideas.

Jeff

red95svx
09-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I'll have some info shortly on the next Tri-State meet. We're probably looking at mid October. I know that one of the ideas they were kicking around was for us to meet at Tri-State, drive to their Vernon, CT dealership to eat, and then back to Tri-State. I guess they want to start doing these meets at the Vernon dealership and they want us to drive down there so they can kind of see how it goes and to drum up some interest with the locals. I'm not in favor of it because I think a lot of people already do plenty of driving just to get to Tri-State. There is also the issue of sky high gas prices. Just an FYI.

Jeff,
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. At the moment Subaru does not have any of those cats on hand....anywhere. That price you mentioned to me was very high.....are you sure it didn't include labor? Your best bet will probably be to get one from a member who is parting out, since a junkyard can not legally sell you a used cat.

Jesse, any exhaust pieces left on that 94??

Dave

red95svx
09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
The fall Tri-State meet is October 8th. There will not be a drive to Vernon. That's the latest.

Dave

AFBeefcake
09-12-2005, 01:59 PM
cool :cool:
Thanks Dave.

red95svx
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
No problem Aaron. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Dave

jscorse
09-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info. Dave.

I was quoted $650 at Tri-state for the cat. WITHOUT labor. Crazy. I just can't swing that right now especially after all I just put into her.

I'll probably get the one from Autoparts.com when I feel financially up to it and try to install it myself. Still at $385 PLUS $85 shipping it's more than I've ever spent on two entire exhaust systems in my life!

....arg! .. this car is getting expensive.....

It looks like I'll be able to make it for the 8th.

Jeff

Subafreak
09-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Sounds good to me.

Sorry no good exaust stuff left.

red95svx
09-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the info. Dave.

I was quoted $650 at Tri-state for the cat. WITHOUT labor. Crazy. I just can't swing that right now especially after all I just put into her.

That's insane. There isn't any ONE piece of exhaust on the SVX thats worth $650. That front pipe with cat retails at $430.......where in the world did Tri-State come up with $650??? They must have made some sort of mistake.

Are you sure you need that pipe? I thought I had a bad front pipe once (and was told by one mechanic that I had to replace it), but it turns out it was repairable. Tri-State repaired it for me and it's been fine ever since. I can beat autoparts.com price by a huge margin....I just need Subaru to get a hold of one (none of their warehouses show any...still). So don't order anything yet.

Anyway, glad to hear you are on board for October!

Dave

red95svx
09-13-2005, 07:00 AM
This is weird. Subaru shows a handful of 96 front right pipes, but no 97 front right pipes. I didn't know they were different :confused: Does any one know how they are different? I show different part numbers, but no explanation as to what the difference is. I'm guessing the difference is that Subaru used a different vendor to supply the 97 pipe, and there is no physical difference. If someone can confirm that a 96 r/f pipe will fit on a 97 I can help Jeff out.

Dave

jscorse
09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I know I haven't been a regular here, but I have excuses, which aren't important now. Still, I really appreciate you all helping me out. I looked under the car on a lift and saw myself that the cat's seam on the outside edge is split and open. The muffler shop guy told me it was impossible to weld and that I'd simply need a new part. He didn't want to mess with it because he didn't want to deal with the possiblility of braking the studs (presumably on the header) off in the front of that pipe.

I thought of 'repairing' the seam with some of the exhaust cement, but I know it would last all of a week and I'd be under the car again.

So far now I listen to some extra rumbling. I'm patient and you guys are the best. Thanks a bunch.

Jeff

kuroneko_sama
09-14-2005, 10:21 PM
howbout a rundown on the what, when, where, and cost, id like to pop in as well

red95svx
09-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Tri-State Subaru, Webster, MA (just off of Rt 395). To be held on October 8th, time not definite, but probably around 11-4. BBQ, door prizes, tech session, scenic drive, no cost. Everyone is welcome no matter what they drive, but keep in mind this is an SVX meet.

Dave

AFBeefcake
09-15-2005, 08:19 AM
On NASIOC this meet is listed as a SVX and Impreza meet.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844505

red95svx
09-15-2005, 01:49 PM
On NASIOC this meet is listed as a SVX and Impreza meet.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844505

Interesting. I was told SVX. Well at any rate, everyone is welcome. It was a joint SVX/Impreza meet last time and no Imprezas showed up at all so......
who knows!

Dave

pnyklr
09-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Damn since when did the tri-state area change from New York New Jersey and Connecticut :rolleyes:

Maybe I can get a ride up there in my friends car .... :p

http://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/9b/10/65_1_b.JPG

Anyway... any meets in NYC area coming up?

AFBeefcake
09-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Its called the tri-state meet because most of the time its at Tri-State Subaru In Webster Mass.

pnyklr
09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Gotcha my friend has a garage in springfield right across from the Big E ..
also I had my car done at Cotton 's Performance on walnut street in Agawam

Whoru465
09-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Let's just hope Jesse actually brings his SVX and not that...antique, like last time :D Actually, I should probably shut up until he fixes my exhaust this weekend :eek:

black beast
09-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I was at the last tristate, jessie did bring his svx.

black beast
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
And pray the weather is nicer then last time!!!! Remember that? the rain the wind the cold the well you get the idea...

black beast
09-29-2005, 05:50 PM
You can add my brother Nick, best friend Craig, and me to the list. See you guys at the meet

Whoru465
09-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Yes, but I don't think you attended the Anti-Tri State we had last year, when they canceled the regular meet.... :p

I was at the last tristate, jessie did bring his svx.

kuroneko_sama
09-29-2005, 10:34 PM
i dont know if ill be able ot go now, some jack-off hit my car in a parking lot while i was celibrating my birthday.... i came out and i now have a section of my bumper that no longer has any paint on it.

Earthworm
09-30-2005, 10:33 AM
i dont know if ill be able ot go now, some jack-off hit my car in a parking lot while i was celibrating my birthday.... i came out and i now have a section of my bumper that no longer has any paint on it.A paint scrape make your car undrivable?

black beast
10-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Ya I do have to agree Ray that is pretty lame. My rear bumper is hurt and I am still going to go.

kuroneko_sama
10-01-2005, 07:44 PM
it doesnt make it undriveable it just takes it away from being a good example at the meet.

Subafreak
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Don't feel to bad Romeo, I crashed my car last night all by myself :o Hit a patch of sand or something comming out of a parking lot and the car swung around and drove right over some dudes mail box, I felt like such an idiot. :(

So now I have a bunch of dents all across my hood, a small ding in the top of the fender and a 1/2" size dent right on the top of the rear quarter panel I'm guessing from when the mail box went flying over the top of my car. :eek:

So don't anyone expect to see my car again untill after winter. I always need a winter prodject on my SVX so I guess this year it will be body work. :rolleyes: I wanted to get the fiberglass hood and I still need to install the Stevesbe bumber I've had for two years anyway, plus I had a few dents and nicks down that side of the car already. (trying to look on the brite side) :)

I'f I do go it will probly be in my beater wagon or the wifes Baja. My wife is going to Florida to visit her sister and I will have the kids that weekend so I would need to bring a car with more seats and seat belts than my SVX has anyway. But I'm not sure if I will make it all becouse I might have to bring my daughter to riding lessons also. But I'm gonna try! :) Chances are I will also not be compeating in the last auto-x of the year for similar reasons. :(

Anyway, we'll see. :cool:

black beast
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Wow Jessie that sucks. try to make it though

red95svx
10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
A message from Tri-State:

"Long Subaru’s (formerly Tri-State Subaru) WRX/SVX rally has been postponed until October 15th, due to the expected inclement weather.

Thank you for your understanding!"

They are under a lot of stress because of the buyout, and on top of that they don't want another meet to take place in bad weather.

Dave

Subafreak
10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
AWSOME!!!!! Well yeah, it kinda sucks....but this meens I can make it next weekend!!! :D

Whoru465
10-06-2005, 06:56 PM
AWSOME!!!!! Well yeah, it kinda sucks....but this meens I can make it next weekend!!! :D

You and me both. Be sure to bring the Mig welder, that whistle is making me want to punch babies...I can't take it :D

Subafreak
10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
You and me both. Be sure to bring the Mig welder, that whistle is making me want to punch babies...I can't take it :D

That bad huh? OK I'm gonna look into a different way to add the flex joint, I'm sure thats doing it. I think my car does it to but the louder mufflers dround it out. :rolleyes:

~*~JenSVX~*~
10-06-2005, 11:21 PM

haha... punching babies, i was just listening to dane cook and he does a bit about sounds that make you want to punch babies... not sure if thats where where you got it from but it made me giggle... :D

black beast
10-07-2005, 06:14 AM
I'm glad I could not have made this one. Had a crash last night, hit some potholes and ruined my rims. Gone, never to return. I may not be able to make it next week (out of town) but have fun.

Whoru465
10-07-2005, 01:40 PM
haha... punching babies, i was just listening to dane cook and he does a bit about sounds that make you want to punch babies... not sure if thats where where you got it from but it made me giggle... :D

Dane Cook is my hero :D And if you like him, you're good in my book ;)

~*~JenSVX~*~
10-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Dane Cook is my hero :D And if you like him, you're good in my book ;)

Yes, he rules... I saw him at Madison Square Garden in september, and it was amazing.

Oh and so as to not be hi-jacking the thread, i won't be at the tri-state meet, damn college, it's making me broke!

Subafreak
10-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Yes, he rules... I saw him at Madison Square Garden in september, and it was amazing.

Oh and so as to not be hi-jacking the thread, i won't be at the tri-state meet, damn college, it's making me broke!

College is over rated, (come to the meet!) And who the hell is Dane Cook? :confused:

~*~JenSVX~*~
10-07-2005, 08:54 PM
It's not that i have to go to college that day, just that getting there with gas and everything has made my money situation semi-tight... And dane cook is a comedian... He has a web-page
www.danecook.com

Jen :D

Whoru465
10-07-2005, 09:15 PM
It's not that i have to go to college that day, just that getting there with gas and everything has made my money situation semi-tight... And dane cook is a comedian... He has a web-page
www.danecook.com

Jen :D

Yeah, you tell him! :D I saw him at the Connection in Boston, in front of the home town crowd it was great. Check him out Jesse...

~*~JenSVX~*~
10-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh wow Mike.... i just looked at your profile and we both have the same birthday!!!! Wow we are truly the coolest people in the northeast right now... But, you've got a year on me, not that i mind... being 21 is cooler anyways :D !!
And just to toss a dane reference in there.... I dont even like jelly! :eek:

Whoru465
10-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh wow Mike.... i just looked at your profile and we both have the same birthday!!!! Wow we are truly the coolest people in the northeast right now... But, you've got a year on me, not that i mind... being 21 is cooler anyways :D !!
And just to toss a dane reference in there.... I dont even like jelly! :eek:

Well, now that we have completely hijacked this thread, let me just say that Bostonians are much cooler than New Yorkers anyhow...so I have the slight advantage there :p Other than that, yes..we are the coolest :cool:

P.s. Can't wait for that Tri State Meet...haha

A Fake Vision
10-10-2005, 09:12 AM
>:0 Wern't the red sox swept?

Whoru465
10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
>:0 Wern't the red sox swept?

Hey, just wait 'till last year!!! :D :D :D

And, if I can fix my water pump/thermostat/timing belt before Sat. morning I'm at that meet. Hooah. Hopefully the rain is mostly gone by then...

pnyklr
10-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, now that we have completely hijacked this thread, let me just say that Bostonians are much cooler than New Yorkers anyhow...so I have the slight advantage there :p Other than that, yes..we are the coolest :cool:

Oh definetly the guys from bastan are much cooler :rolleyes: :confused:

We can see that by the way Chicago smoked you guys and you choked :D

NYC is the city that never sleeps you cant compare diamonds to coal :D

I've been in Bastan,Chicago, LA, San Fran,NYC, as well as many other places including Europe theres no palcee like NYC at night when I stayed in Bastan I slept for two nights

PS Say Bastan just like they say it
Say Fuggedaboutit like we say it :D

Whoru465
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh definetly the guys from bastan are much cooler :rolleyes: :confused:

We can see that by the way Chicago smoked you guys and you choked :D

NYC is the city that never sleeps you cant compare diamonds to coal :D

I've been in Bastan,Chicago, LA, San Fran,NYC, as well as many other places including Europe theres no palcee like NYC at night when I stayed in Bastan I slept for two nights

PS say Bastan just like they say it Fuggedaboutit

Yeah, but Boston has that one thing NY is missing...Charm :cool: Plus, unlike New York, we've won a World Series in this Millenium :D And let's not even begin to talk about how Boston is the cradle of this fair Union.... But I digress...Back to Subarus!

pnyklr
10-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but Boston has that one thing NY is missing...Charm :cool: Plus, unlike New York, we've won a World Series in this Millenium :D And let's not even begin to talk about how Boston is the cradle of this fair Union.... But I digress...Back to Subarus!

Ya thats Bastan's tradition you guys are the halley's comet of baseball :D

The cradle of what a bunch of babies that cry that they won the world series twice EVER

Bla bla bla charm this :)

Whoru465
10-12-2005, 02:59 PM

The cradle of what a bunch of babies that cry that they won the world series twice EVER

Hey, that 'effin Comet is consistant! :D And, I'm sorry, nothing will ever...ever eclipse the biggest choke in the history of sports. Can I thank you New Yorkers for that one again? It just made the eventual victory that much sweeter... :cool:

pnyklr
10-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey, that 'effin Comet is consistant! :D And, I'm sorry, nothing will ever...ever eclipse the biggest choke in the history of sports. Can I thank you New Yorkers for that one again? It just made the eventual victory that much sweeter... :cool:

The only thing you gals in bastan can thank us for is that you guys will always remain beneath us as #3 in baseball :D

Maybe if we take 15 years off to give you guys a chance to catch up?

But hell if we go on your record it would probably take you guys 900 years to catch up based on your winning skills :D

Actually its 1,548 years if you gals continue the record of winning every 86 years :D

Subafreak
10-13-2005, 04:51 AM
So what is the status of the meet? Seems they extended the great flood forcast into the weeekend. :(

darioc
10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
well the meet was going to be rescheduled for this saturday,the 15th, but the rain got the best of us again. its cancelled for now and we will reschedule asap. as of now it wont be for a couple of weeks.

-dario

pnyklr
10-13-2005, 11:25 AM
the only meet I see is the rain meeting the paint on my car ;)

Whoru465
10-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Now I can take my time with the Timing Belt hooah....Sigh... :rolleyes:

The Goat
10-13-2005, 09:00 PM

Actually, they've won it seven times. If you're gonna be a smug, obnoxious Yankees fan, at least be an ACCURATE smug obnoxious Yankees fan. ;)

Having spent time in both cities, they're both unique, and both have very cool and very sucky aspects. I will definitely say that working in NYC for four years made me a Yankee hater for life.

pnyklr
10-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Actually, they've won it seven times. If you're gonna be a smug, obnoxious Yankees fan, at least be an ACCURATE smug obnoxious Yankees fan. ;)

Having spent time in both cities, they're both unique, and both have very cool and very sucky aspects. I will definitely say that working in NYC for four years made me a Yankee hater for life.

Actually as per the MLB website aka

world series results (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/history/postseason/mlb_ws.jsp?feature=club_champs)

They have won it SIX times

I guess I didnt count anything over 85 years old :D

PS That is accurate....

Seems like no rain for the weekend :D

red95svx
10-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I have been informed that the meet has been postponed once again. No date has been set yet.

Dave

AFBeefcake
10-26-2005, 10:27 AM
So has this meet been canceled until the spring meet?