PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area SVX Meet September 18th.

Kiteless
09-07-2005, 06:00 PM
OK all the information is the same except the date. The drive as a group to San Jose is totally optional. We can caravan some place else or not at all. I am mostly excited about meeting other SVX owners.

This meet is going to happen on September 18th at beutiful Lake Elizabeth, also called Fremont Central Park. The event starts at noon.

You can see the exact location thanks to the amazing Google Maps.

Click to see Google Map. Look in the center for the lake. (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.547708,-121.958885&spn=0.104859,0.158675&hl=en)

Fremont also has a web site on this park here:

Click here to go to the official web site for this park. (http://www.ci.fremont.ca.us/Recreation/CentralPark/default.htm)

We will hang for an hour or two, how ever long we want, and then drive down as a group to East Ridge Mall in San Jose, CA(Optional). Mainly just to shake hands and part ways. I chose this location because it has a BIIIIG parking lot.

The address is
1 Eastridge Mall
San Jose, CA 95122

Link to the Google Maps. (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=East+Ridge+Mall,+San+Jose+CA&ll=37.325471,-121.818549&spn=0.105171,0.158675&num=10&start=0&hl=en)

It does not exactly say Eastridge Mall but it is in the middle where Tully & E. Capitol Expy meet.

So I guess that is about it. I would like to do this at least once every 4 months or so. If that is too frequent, then what about twice a year? The destination would change every single time, but I would like to keep starting it at Lake Elizabeth for now.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

- Jason

PLEASE RSVP. I will be supplying soda and snacks, but will not know how much to bring unless everybody RSVP's for me. Of course, please feel free to bring some stuff to share as well.

SVXcellent
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Sounds good! Hopefully it happens!

nordique14
09-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I'll be there. I'll even have Saturday to wash the car. :)

--Matt

Kiteless
09-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Awesome! Well that is a total of 3 SVX owners for the meet. That is enough for me, of course, I would like to see more! Please spread the word.

- Jason

nordique14
09-08-2005, 01:38 PM
I suspect blk96lsi will be there. I'm sure he'll chime in when he gets back from vacation next week.

--Matt

DaLiqiudSVX
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey everybody, I'm a newbie on the site and just wanted to let you guys know I'll be their next weekend w/ my new SVX. I'm looking forward to meeting some more SVX junkies like myself, Goodtimes - I can't wait! :D

Earthworm
09-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the site! :)

nordique14
09-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey everybody, I'm a newbie on the site and just wanted to let you guys know I'll be their next weekend w/ my new SVX. I'm looking forward to meeting some more SVX junkies like myself, Goodtimes - I can't wait! :D

Cool. Glad to see some Sac guys making the trip down! Welcome to SVX ownership. If you ever see a blue SVX on I80 with big ass skis...that would be me. :D I pass through SAC a lot in the winter time on the way to Tahoe.

--Matt

Kiteless
09-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Woohoo. Well that gets us up to 4 or possibly 5 counting myself.

How to folks feel about driving some place after the meet in a big line? Does not have to be the mall in San Jose. Driving south on 880 sucks anyway. Oh we could drive to San Ramon. Take Niles Canyon Pass to 680 from Mission. That is a nice twisty fun road till the freeway.

OK. so far we are around 4 or 5 people. I think 3 6 packs will be more than enough. Can I hear some preferences for soda? Personally I do not think any thing in a can tastes better than Mointain Dew. The long named "Diet Cherry Venilla Dr. Pepper is suprisingly good & then there is the boring but can not really go wrong Coca-Cola. SO lets hear some suggestions. But there will be at least 1 6 pack of Dew in the cooler. It is just requirement! ^.-.^

- Jason

nordique14
09-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Woohoo. Well that gets us up to 4 or possibly 5 counting myself.

How to folks feel about driving some place after the meet in a big line? Does not have to be the mall in San Jose. Driving south on 880 sucks anyway. Oh we could drive to San Ramon. Take Niles Canyon Pass to 680 from Mission. That is a nice twisty fun road till the freeway.

OK. so far we are around 4 or 5 people. I think 3 6 packs will be more than enough. Can I hear some preferences for soda? Personally I do not think any thing in a can tastes better than Mointain Dew. The long named "Diet Cherry Venilla Dr. Pepper is suprisingly good & then there is the boring but can not really go wrong Coca-Cola. SO lets hear some suggestions. But there will be at least 1 6 pack of Dew in the cooler. It is just requirement! ^.-.^

- Jason

Call to all Bay Area folks:
Come to Fremont. Drink Mountain Dew and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Meet other SVX owners and talk about cars. You know you want to. :)

^^Sorry. Had to promote the event. No better way than with Dew.^^ :D

I'm up for a drive afterwards. I would prefer something in the South Bay as it would get me closer to home at the end. I880 to Saratoga and them up into the Santa Cruz Mountains would be fun. Mt Hamilton would also be fun, but very long, slow, twisty, dangerous and very cold at the top. But very cool view from the observatory at the top.

--Matt

Red SVX 92
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Wish I could meet up with you guys, but I won't be coming up north this weekend. Repairs aren't complete on my car up north yet.

I saw a pearlie with the black top down here in LA (Hermosa Beach) last weekend and almost got obssessed enough to leave a note on the car to tell the owner to check out this forum (if they're not a member here), but I calmed myself. :) Man, I want another SVX.

blk97lsi
09-13-2005, 08:02 PM
I should be able to make it. I agree with nordique, in that I hope we can end somewhere near south bay. I hate to add miles to the car, but I can always spare a few for a meet :D I don't drink a whole lot of soda, but Dew will work for me.

Kiteless
09-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear we have another one here. And um, Yeah thanks for the propes there Matt. ^.-.^

Red SVX 92, sorry to hear about your car not being ready. I plan on hosting one of these every once in a while.

See you all on Sunday.

Oh and is anyone unclear about the instructions provided? Has anyone ever been to Lake Elizabeth?

- Jason

blk97lsi
09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I've never been, but I'm sure my GPS buddy will know exactly how to get there ;) Looking forward to it. I'll be interested to see how many people actually show up. This could be a fun thing to do 2-3 times a year. See you guys on Sunday!

nordique14
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
"Red", you have to get a SVX. Just make sure it's a red 92 or there will have to be a name change. :D

Everyday on my way to work I pass a SVX parked on the street. The pearlie looks well taken care of. Should I leave a note on the windshield and let them know about the meet?

--Matt

Kiteless
09-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey that is a good idea. Although it is a bit of a short notice. If they show up I would be really suprised. Just point them to the forums. They will prolly think we are all a bunch of freaks or something.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Who all had a GPS. I I was thinking about getting over there and getting a GPS reading and can provide exact location info. Geeky yes, but it works.

- Jason

P.S. - If there is anyone there who does not have my phone number yes please PM me and I will give it to you.

DaLiqiudSVX
09-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that I will be unable to attend this weekend but will be looking forward to the next meet. Keep me posted w/ new event dates. I hope all of you SVX junkies have fun and enjoy the company! :D

Kiteless
09-18-2005, 04:48 AM
DaLiqiudSVX: Hey sorry to hear that you will not be able to make it. See you at the next one.

Damn I just realized that I never ever mentioned what time this started. See you all at noon. Thanks...

Ok guys. Well it is early Sunday, I still need to go to bed. See you all at noon.

- jason

prash
09-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey Matt, Wes, Jason & Ken - It was really great meeting you all proud SVX owners in person y'day ! I learnt many new things abt SVX... We should definitely have this meet more often, atleast 3 times a year !! It was good meeting Robert & Kevin too !

Jason, thanks for the sodas & getting the camera... Ken thanks for the asian candies !
Matt thanks a ton for the CPC & CPP (Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish), helping me out with my wiper setting & the front emblem ! yohooo !!!
and Wes, thanks for helping out with my moon roof !! I love my SVX more than ever now !!!!

And folks, can't wait to see the pics... please post it sooooooon.....

nordique14
09-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Started a thread in the Upcoming Meets section for pics. I know it's no longer an upcoming meet, but the regional forums do not allow hot linking of pics. So there. :p
--Matt

Kiteless
09-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey folks, Yeah thanks for coming out all! Everyone was really cool. I learned that my back seats actually DO go down! LOL, I felt like such a tard! Anyway yeah thinks went smoothly, even though I was about 30 minutes late. Can actually blame my friend Robert for that, he was the guy with the Tiberon. :p

Anyway I am working on getting those pic's posted. Work is just crazy and I am still kinda finishing up moving, so free time is sparse this week. I need to upload them from my gaming PC not my little 'net station' PC because it has a neat program on it that will make a littlw web page with thumbnails and all that.

Please expect that I will post all 55 pictures (including the ones of me getting my picture taken while I am jumping up in the air next to my SVX) very soon, Wednesday night hopefully. Yeah,

- Jason

Oh yeah and BIG thanks to Matt for the plastic cleaner stuff. I have like almost brand new head lights, no more yellow. Just need to get some HID's now! (kidding)