PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger?

ArchangelSamael
08-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone, recently i've been driving around with my buddy who owns a supercharged Ford f-150 Harley Davidson truck, and that supercharger sounds freakin' MEAN! so mean, it makes me want one on my SVX.

I've been searching around the forums a little bit, and actually did find a post about someone putting a supercharger on the SVX engine in the back of a dragster or dunebuggy, and someone had said it would work in the SVX, would just have to cut into the hood just a little bit to make it fit

So, my questions are: Any ideas on how much it would cost to have this done to an SVX, would it be worth the effort, and how bad would the hood have to be trimmed?

Thanks guys.

Tony117s
08-28-2005, 11:16 AM
www.ecutune.com look under svx stage 3

immortal_suby
08-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Look at the 2 stickies at the top of this forum (mod mania)

SVXRide
08-28-2005, 08:26 PM
and SVXFiles has a s/c (different than LAN's) already running on his SVX....
-Bill

mikecg
08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
The ECUTune supercharger will fit under the stock hood, and is the same basic style S/C that ford uses on it's trucks. Not to mention all the other stuff you get with it. The kit sounds exspensive, until you start adding up all the stuff you get. If you try to do your own, you'll end up spending as much, if not more.

SVXRide
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
The ECUTune supercharger will fit under the stock hood, and is the same basic style S/C that ford uses on it's trucks. Not to mention all the other stuff you get with it. The kit sounds exspensive, until you start adding up all the stuff you get. If you try to do your own, you'll end up spending as much, if not more.

No question that Michael is putting together a very comprehensive, all-in-one package! :cool:
-Bill

svxfiles
08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Actually, Mike, mine fits under the stock hood, and can be duplicated for about $3500.00.
:)

Noir
08-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Actually, Mike, mine fits under the stock hood, and can be duplicated for about $3500.00.

:lol:

svxfiles vs LAN???? :eek:

Matthewmongan
08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
i wouldnt say vs.

just two diferent views of the same street.

i like lan's kit because it is a kit but the ability to produce more hp beond is limited. if you look at svxfile's kit you can add an intercooler to it which is a big plus. more so, if i decided to get one we would get some high quality svx bonding time because their is no doubt he would help me install it.

mikecg
09-01-2005, 07:36 AM

Sorry, I didnt mean to insinuate yours didnt fit. Does the $3500 include fuel system up-grades too? (i.e. injectors) I understand the adding boost on the stock injectors puts them at there max. I thought that was the biggest problem with the old turbo kit that was for sale.

SVXRide
09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Sorry, I didnt mean to insinuate yours didnt fit. Does the $3500 include fuel system up-grades too? (i.e. injectors) I understand the adding boost on the stock injectors puts them at there max. I thought that was the biggest problem with the old turbo kit that was for sale.

Mike,
Having had the stock injectors flow tested up to 60psi of fuel pressure, I don't believe there is any issue with them being able to support boost up to around 5-9 psi, as long as you install an adjustable FPR in the system (a walbro 255 fuel pump would also be a good idea). This said, I think you'd definitely want to run Michael's 2v4 chip with the z32 MAF to make sure you got the most out of the system.
-Bill

svxfiles
09-01-2005, 09:07 AM
The complete setup for a 7.5 psi, system, including fuel management, can be had for $3500.00. :)

I found out during the course of this project, started November 2003, that some of the "old wisdom", was flat wrong!
I wanted to make a system that people could duplicate, at a price they could afford.
We have ALL learned alot since then!
I can not afford LAN's beautiful, well engineered, supercharger.
I did not keep track of my expences on my project, which is probably a good thing, seeing as I have $11.44 in the bank :eek:
I have been through three superchargers, two impellers, three or four different s/c mounting systems, three different pulleys, and I'm probably going to carve out a new 8" overdrive/4.25" underdrive pulley :rolleyes: just to see how much boost that will do.
I started this project because people said it could not be done.
I have 4000 more miles on my Claret now, than when I took it to Reading this past year, and It was installed, but not worked out yet, at Reading the year before!
By tomorrow I will have a 6.5"X25"X2.5" innercooler(aftercooler) installed and connected.
If anyone is interested, feel free to look in my locker.

SVXRide
09-01-2005, 09:27 AM
The complete setup for a 7.5 psi, system, including fuel management, can be had for $3500.00. :)

I found out during the course of this project, started November 2003, that some of the "old wisdom", was flat wrong!
I wanted to make a system that people could duplicate, at a price they could afford.
We have ALL learned alot since then!
I can not afford LAN's beautiful, well engineered, supercharger.
I did not keep track of my expences on my project, which is probably a good thing, seeing as I have $11.44 in the bank :eek:
I have been through three superchargers, two impellers, three or four different s/c mounting systems, three different pulleys, and I'm probably going to carve out a new 8" overdrive/4.25" underdrive pulley :rolleyes: just to see how much boost that will do.
I started this project because people said it could not be done.
I have 4000 more miles on my Claret now, than when I took it to Reading this past year, and It was installed, but not worked out yet, at Reading the year before!
By tomorrow I will have a freekin' awesome 6.5"X25"X2.5" innercooler(aftercooler) installed and connected.
If anyone is interested, feel free to look in my locker - make sure to have tissues ready, as you will cry.

Tom,
Fixed your post...
-Bill

Matthewmongan
09-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Tom,
Fixed your post...
-Bill

hahahahaha god bless you bill