PDA

View Full Version : right rear strut top making clunking noise, what did i Miss?

svxsubaru1
08-16-2005, 10:46 PM
After the instalation of my koni, GC combo in my car. The right rear strut makes a clunking noise when ever you hit even a small bump. It sounds like its coming from the the top section of the strut. What did i miss on instaltion, Theres no washer in the rear, so its just, konis GC coller over koni, gc spring top mount, then you place it in the top mount, correct? I have to leave for washington state university thurday this week so i need to do itow or live with the clunk.

SilverSpear
08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
take the rear dash cover out and see if the bolts are loose... if not you will have to take out the whole strut out again and see maybe you installed something not as it should

svxsubaru1
08-17-2005, 01:57 PM
I forgot to add that there was some play between the top of the strut shaft and the top mount.

mbtoloczko
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I forgot to add that there was some play between the top of the strut shaft and the top mount.

Wouldn't that be the cause then? The first time I replace my rear struts, I didn't get the shaft nut on one side completely tight, and it caused the most annoying rattle, even on relatively smooth road.

TomsSVX
08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
you need a washer on the top of the mount where the shaft comes through. the washer needs to be wide enough so the shat can gop through it an thin enough so it will fit in the top of the mount. This will stop the rattle and knocking.

Tom\

svxsubaru1
08-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I fixed the probelm, iput a washer in it. Thanks for the repleys.