PDA

View Full Version : have you guys seen this?

black beast
07-10-2005, 09:39 PM
This in my veiw is cool. I can't find a internet pic but pick up the most current modified mag and go to the real JDM part. They took a Elise and put on all dry CF body panels, everything was CF, and they left it that way, it looked hott! The price tag: 50K for the Elise, what would it be for the SVX, it looked so good. :cool:

b3lha
07-11-2005, 03:56 AM
A JDM Elise? :confused:

mikecg
07-11-2005, 05:02 AM
This in my veiw is cool. I can't find a internet pic but pick up the most current modified mag and go to the real JDM part. They took a Elise and put on all dry CF body panels, everything was CF, and they left it that way, it looked hott! The price tag: 50K for the Elise, what would it be for the SVX, it looked so good. :cool:

Depends. Do you just want the look or do you want the wait savings too? The Elise your taking about had all the body panels replaced. I'd say that would be about $55K - 75K. There are companies that can do a carbon fiber overlay. The overlay adds wieght and givs you the look, but offers no benifit.

black beast
07-11-2005, 05:55 AM
The one I saw took weight off, 1/4 the weight off is the claim. I mean damn. But I don't care about weight too much so the look would be very cool.

Matthewmongan
07-15-2005, 06:09 AM
to be honest i wouldn,t mind some polymer front fenders. they dent so easy.

mikecg
07-15-2005, 08:32 AM
to be honest i wouldn,t mind some polymer front fenders. they dent so easy.

I just try to avoid hitting things. :D

SvXit
07-15-2005, 09:28 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. The first McLaren F1 was left unpainted. From a distance, it looked black in pictures, but up close you could see the CF weave. And I mean from, like, 10 feet away. Very, very nice.

But yes, laying up and curing carbon fiber is a very expensive process. Also, there are certain sections of the SVX body that would be difficult (read expen$ive) to do, like the trunk. But if the panels could be redone in CF, it would cut all sorts of weight.

Weebitob
07-16-2005, 07:22 AM
I'de say fabricating and fitting in CF doors alone would shave off plenty of weight.