PDA

View Full Version : knocking noise in rear

SVX JAZZ
02-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Chris,

My SVX has developed a hollow knocking noise in the rear. I hear the noise when I am driving over roads with many small bumps. Also... When I go over a speed bump at an angle I can hear the noise. The noise can be heard better when the rear seat is folded down. I have taken the rear shelf cover off and checked the strut bolts and they are tight. I have also checked the spair tire area and rear fender wells and everything seems tight.

I did have my driver's side rear bearing replaced not too long ago.

Thanks for your help,

maximvsv
02-08-2002, 02:03 PM
I'm going to theorize it is one or more bad universal joints. Have you had those checked?

Skinwrangler
02-28-2002, 01:22 AM
I too have a crunch crunch sound when I go over bumps slowly. It eminates from the rear right. I am going to change out my struts for new OEM and the little rubber coil pads, I think the strut might be shot. I should probably take a ride in the trunk while my sweetie drives over speed bumps. You know, slowly.

By the way, when I was having my tranny replaced at Carter (they did a pretty good job other than the dent in my hood from it being closed on a left behind tool) I mentioned it to the mechanic. He replied that a lot of them did that. I end my conversations when that kind of answer comes back.

Carter fixed the dent very nicely, thanks for almost asking.

Jerry