PDA

View Full Version : SFI approved flexplate?

87f383
06-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Is there a better stronger option than the stock subaru flexplate. Mine is rattling when I start the car now and I have shattered one before. Just curious if there is a better option in case mine is taking a dive on me again....

TomsSVX
07-02-2005, 01:42 AM
I have another stock one if u need it.. if you are not running more than stock power, the stock flexplate should be just fine. Even with the 165shot of nitrous that Mike is running in hos stage 2 kit, the flexplate held up.

Tom

87f383
07-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I have another stock one if u need it.. if you are not running more than stock power, the stock flexplate should be just fine. Even with the 165shot of nitrous that Mike is running in hos stage 2 kit, the flexplate held up.

Tom

Im just running bolts ons... I think better check the bolts when I get back from PA (leaving in 5 hours). Maybe they only put in garden variety junk bolts and they are failing... If so... its grade 8 bolt time. ;)

I'll check it when I get back... hopefully I wont have to take you up on your offer... but thank you in advance for offering.

Aaron

Beav
07-02-2005, 08:01 PM
You may have a torque convertor issue. TCs can distort and cause the flexplate to break. Lock-up convertors are more prone to this due to the lock-up clutch or the pressure applied to it going awry. Also the bushing that supports the transmission end of the convertor can be worn out allowing the convertor to run off center but is generally accompanied by leakage past the seal.

87f383
07-03-2005, 09:42 AM
You may have a torque convertor issue. TCs can distort and cause the flexplate to break. Lock-up convertors are more prone to this due to the lock-up clutch or the pressure applied to it going awry. Also the bushing that supports the transmission end of the convertor can be worn out allowing the convertor to run off center but is generally accompanied by leakage past the seal.

Looks like I'll have two things to check out when I get back to dallas. Thank you very much for the further info.

Aaron