PDA

View Full Version : dash layovers

KCROGUEDOG
06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
these are stickers right? how satisfied are you with them? do they stay on with out peeling even in heat? do you have to remove the wood grain to lay over and install or just stick on?

black beast
07-04-2005, 10:49 AM
it would not make much sense to have the woodgrain come off, I don't know if you have ever had the woodgrain fall off but there is nothing there. and by the pics it looks like a sticker.

SubaSteevo
07-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I believe he means the ones such as the ones offered by Dayle at www.planetsvx.com. They are not exactly stickers, they are basically a piece of plastic with an adhesive backing.

I have the aluminum dash kit 2, and I am very happy with it. The woodgrain pieces do not need to come off, but I did anyway, then painted them with silver paint to fill any gaps that the overlay does not cover. Click the link in my sig to go to my locker, I have 2 pics there of the kit installed on my car.

black beast
07-04-2005, 11:12 AM
would it be the same idea for the cabon fiber?

KCROGUEDOG
07-04-2005, 01:48 PM
im not the biggest carbon fiber fan but i am painting my ride two tone black and red. so the black and red c f looks like a good replacement. my wood grain is in fair shape.

SubaSteevo
07-04-2005, 02:20 PM
would it be the same idea for the cabon fiber?

Yup, it's a piece of carbon fiber with an adhesive backing. Had I done carbon fiber I probably would have painted the dash black.

KCROGUEDOG
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
just gloss black spray paint?

SubaSteevo
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
just gloss black spray paint?

I used a spray gun + air compressor for the silver on mine
If you don't have either of those, I'd use the Krylon Fusion paint

Either way it doesn't matter, you won't see much of it.

Motorsport-SVX
07-06-2005, 01:37 AM
if you need more pics too installed or not installed
email me, I have several I can send you. The material
is a few mm thick and not just sticker or vinyl.

KCROGUEDOG
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
man i want to order but i think im going to hold off till after painting wife is complaining about to much moola going to the ride (g/c konis new tires and painting plus minor repairs for long journey to the states)