PDA

View Full Version : Teh NASIOC Dragon meet (FALL) thread link

Rd96SVX
06-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Dragon Meet Thread (FALL) (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805779)

HEY!!! We're going to the Dragon.. AGAIN... Looks like the interest is in the first weekend of October.. that also being Columbus Day weekend would make it especially nice... come on down to Western N.C. and play with all the cool WRXi and RSs, as well as a few SVXi and XTs.. it'll be fun, I'm sure.

GreenMarine
07-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Somebody really likes these meets :rolleyes:

It's alittle early to start planning the Fall meet.... still atleast 3 months away.... But atleast everyone will know when it is :)

Noir
08-16-2005, 01:05 AM
i wonder how mad people would be if i drove a semi up into the dragon and got stuck up there during a subaru or biker meet. :p

you bring the parade and i'll bring the rain. muohahahaha...

jeez, i'm really bored.

huck369
08-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I figure I'll be there, either in my XT6, or in my 2.5RS....

Noir
08-16-2005, 03:20 PM
I figure I'll be there, either in my XT6, or in my 2.5RS....

hey huck, your rs is hot. when did you buy it? can you get me one for a good price? i need a car that doesn't guzzle gas like my svx. i've been offered a few jobs but unfortunately it'll involve alot of driving and the svx isn't going to cut it with the expensive gas and gas consumption. thanks!

huck369
09-25-2005, 04:14 PM
OK...it's just 2 weeks away now, so is anybody here going?

I may just drive down Sat morning and drive home Sat night, as I haven't seen many people I know say they are going...I still don't have a room

immortal_suby
09-25-2005, 04:24 PM
I can't make it to this one - got family in town that weekend. :(

This is one of the better meets. Smaller crowd - my first dragon run was a fall dragon.

Noir
09-25-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah, i can't make it either. there's a bunch of CDL tests that needs to be taken in order for the license to be issued. no one wants to rent me a 52 foot truck and trailer cause i ain't got a license. :( :mad: :p

AppStateSVX
09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I might be able to make it, but i'm not sure. I will be home for fall break that friday night, so I might be able to come out that saturday. I need to get my exhaust work done first though, as well as pull out a dent from the front fender that someone left me the other day.

Rd96SVX
09-27-2005, 11:26 PM
from what I hear/see on the Nasioc board... not many of them are going either.. maybe 10ish confirmed. Sadly, I think I too will pass on this one. and I don't see much point in just making a day trip out of it(what a glorious waste of petrol) lol. Oh well, the dragon isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I'm sure there will be better groups to go with another time. :rolleyes: ;)
I also... don't have a room.

huck369
09-28-2005, 05:35 AM
from what I hear/see on the Nasioc board... not many of them are going either.. maybe 10ish confirmed. Sadly, I think I too will pass on this one. and I don't see much point in just making a day trip out of it(what a glorious waste of petrol) lol. Oh well, the dragon isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I'm sure there will be better groups to go with another time. :rolleyes: ;)
I also... don't have a room.

Ahh...but I like it with fewer cars....but would like a few people I know to be there, as I can go by myself anytime...

Noir
09-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Ahh...but I like it with fewer cars....but would like a few people I know to be there, as I can go by myself anytime...

the smaller the group the better...like for the smokies meet. ;)

i always enjoy meeting svx'ers...not as much wrx'ers. :p

<shrug>been to a few of those meets in atlanta and i must say, it ain't my cup o tea.</shrug>

Rd96SVX
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM

my concern is not too few cars.. it's too few subies.. there will be plenty of other cars and bikes.. I think the M3s are having it that weekend, and some kind of bike rally.. etc.
Also...I sold my honda today, so at least I have the "funds" to do it now... I'm about 70/30 right now.. leaning towards going, just for the hay of it(test new tires)

dcarrb
09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh well, the dragon isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

Not necessarily so.

Interstate 3 (http://www.chattoogariver.org/index.php?req=i3)

If this thing is built (and I have my doubts), it would follow the route of the Dragon. Only straighter.

dcb

Noir
09-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Not necessarily so.

Interstate 3 (http://www.chattoogariver.org/index.php?req=i3)

If this thing is built (and I have my doubts), it would follow the route of the Dragon. Only straighter.

dcb

i'm sorry, i don't read too good dcarrb. what does that mean? no more dragon?

Rd96SVX
09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
i'm sorry, i don't read too good dcarrb. what does that mean? no more dragon?

lol, mullet country.. wooh, just saw that Noir.. :D
Anywho, dcarrb..in the link you provided for I-3 and everything I read concerning it in my Google search. I did not see a "proposed" route, nor anything about the Dragon US-129( I think) BUT in any event.. would be sheer insanity to try to construct an interstate "wider than three football fields" (-see dcarrb's article) that follows the route of the dragon with all the waterways and such in the area.. not to mention the conservation ppl and forestry department throwing a hissy fit (like they are) ;)

awdsvxh6
09-29-2005, 11:25 PM
hey alot of people have mullets down here. believe me i work at wal-mart remember.

Noir
09-30-2005, 07:26 AM
hey alot of people have mullets down here. believe me i work at wal-mart remember.

:p

walmart is the mecca for mulleteers. :p