PDA

View Full Version : 5 Speed Questions

AvPPoW
06-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Anyone know if the a flywheel from a 90-94 legacy will work with a 2002 2.5 tranny swap? Are the flywheels the same?

TomsSVX
06-26-2005, 03:24 PM
get the flywheel and clutch for your trans... mixing and matching parts is not recomended in the swap.

Tom

AvPPoW
06-26-2005, 08:00 PM
get the flywheel and clutch for your trans... mixing and matching parts is not recomended in the swap.

Tom

He found the original clutch and starter, he found a flywheel but he's not sure if it's the impreza one or another laying around the shop. Is there any quick way to tell? He's still looking.

I'm looking to get a spec stage iv clutch after the swap, so the clutch doesn't have to last too long, but I'd be pushing it throwing another 400+ for a performance flywheel. What flywheels work if I do need a replacement? Only the 2.5rs one or will a wrx/legacy flywheel work too? Anyone know?

BTW Tom, I'm in NYC right now, but when I get back to Little Egg you can have the trunk lid, just throw me some money for it. I'd give it to you but I'm watching my funds right now, CA in a week+5speed=tight budget. I'll call you tomorrow.

TomsSVX
06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I would imagine any push style clutch flywheel will work but a pull style(WRX and STI) flywheels will not. Find out what kind of action the clutch makes and base your decision on that

Tom

mbtoloczko
06-27-2005, 03:10 PM
He found the original clutch and starter, he found a flywheel but he's not sure if it's the impreza one or another laying around the shop. Is there any quick way to tell? He's still looking.....

Isn't there a part number on the flywheel?

AvPPoW
06-27-2005, 04:34 PM
I would imagine any push style clutch flywheel will work but a pull style(WRX and STI) flywheels will not. Find out what kind of action the clutch makes and base your decision on that

Tom

Clutch is hydraulic, push type, out of a 2002 Impreza 2.5RS. I'll ask him for the part #