PDA

View Full Version : Bay area 5 spd upgrade - recommended shops

htyei
06-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Can any one recommend a shop thats done a svx 5 speed swap before in the San Francisco South bay? How much did it run and how happpy were you with the job?

tangwichjustin
07-21-2005, 02:24 PM
I would love to know of a local (bay area) mechanic for the 5mt conversion too. I plan on changing over to a 5mt when the 4eat dies. If you do get the job done somewhere please post on your results and where you got it done. When I get mine done if I get the work before yours I'll post where I finally went. Good luck man.

nordique14
07-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Sorry, no help in finding a shop for you guys. Just busting into your thread to let you know some Bay Area folks are kicking around the idea of a meet in Aug. If interested in showing off you pre-5MT SVX :), check out this thread:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27274

GOod luck with the swap. If you don;t come to this meet, definately make it to one after the swap. I'm sure everyone would love to see it.

-Matt

htyei
07-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Gah! another accident to my car that wasn't my fault. And I let the guy go, cuz I didnt see the damage and was late for work Thats three this year. At this point I'm embarrassed to show my poor svx.