PDA

View Full Version : Ready For The Smoky's

montypython
04-18-2001, 05:07 PM
List of thing to do Thursday:

1. Sleep in cos I'm off work :)
2. Look out of the bedroom window to check wife didn't take the SVX to work :eek:
3. Wash and Wax SVX :)
4. Make sure she's not thirsty for anything :)
5. Pack
6. Go and get a bottle of Talisker for the whisky taste off - although it's bound to be wasted on anyone who'll drink bourbon regularly ;)
7. Wait for wife to get home from work @ 5:00pm
8. Wait for wife to get ready :mad:
9. 5:30pm HIT THE ROAD :D :D

Aredubjay
04-18-2001, 10:34 PM
10. Stop and let Irene drive half way there.

11. Stop for State Trooper

12. Listen to Irene tell how she's never going to another SVX meet ever, cuz they're bad luck.

But, seriously. You and Irene be careful and have a safe trip. I've already acquired my entry for the "taste-off." Now, if I can just squeeze in a wash/wax job.

BTW, when will you be coming through KY? Shari and I will be setting out on Friday morning around 8 a.m. If you're taking I-65 through Nashville, we may see each other. It's about two and a half hours from here to Nashville.

montypython
04-19-2001, 06:44 AM
<<BTW, when will you be coming through KY? Shari and I will be setting out on Friday morning around 8 a.m. If you're taking I-65 through Nashville, we may see each other. It's about two and a half hours from here to Nashville.>>

I thought about that, but because we can't leave till 5:30 this evening I'm not sure how far we'll get tonight before we call it a day.
I'll do some number crunching later and see how it looks.

svxter
04-19-2001, 07:45 AM
Travel safely, Colin. Looking forward to seeing you Friday. Give me a call when you get to O.R.

Aredubjay
04-19-2001, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by svxter
Travel safely, Colin. Looking forward to seeing you Friday. Give me a call when you get to O.R.

Yikes! Colin, you're haveing SURGERY before the meet? How noble! :D

1994SubaruSVX
04-19-2001, 10:30 AM
my svx's suspension is just not up to the task. i got my gc springs, my iac valve and bushings are due to arrive tomorrow, and then i will order the koni's from juan in ca. damn this sucks.....really wanted to meet everyone. when is the next meet???:mad:

svxter
04-19-2001, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it this weekend, although we'd be glad to have you, even without the SVX.

As far as the next meet is concerned - don't know of any on the schedule, other than the 10th Anniversay meet in IN in 2002. The folks in the St. Louis area have made some noises about a meet there, so maybe they will put together something for the summer? (Hint, hint :))

Again, sure sorry you weren't able to get the car back together in time.

Aredubjay
04-19-2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
my svx's suspension is just not up to the task. i got my gc springs, my iac valve and bushings are due to arrive tomorrow, and then i will order the koni's from juan in ca. damn this sucks.....really wanted to meet everyone. when is the next meet???:mad:

Darn it! Was looking forward to meeting you. We're still planning to have the Reading, PA meet, the first full weekend of April, 2002. Oh yeah, and, I believe there is even going to be a "Snowshoe II" in the fall. You should be able to make that one. Again, sorry you won't be there (but, it just leaves more "Blantons" for me :D)

sith
04-19-2001, 12:51 PM
Somebody remember to take pictures!

Aredubjay
04-19-2001, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by sith
Somebody remember to take pictures!

Don Addington (SVXphile) has been designated "Official Meet Photographer." If we can only keep him away from the "Tasting," we may get some picts in focus. :D

svxxx26
04-19-2001, 08:49 PM
1994svx, I hate that you won't be able to make it :(

<<when is the next meet???>>

Snowshoe II is tentatively planned for October in WV. Hope to see you then - we'll post info on the meet when we know something ;)

svxxx26
04-19-2001, 08:55 PM
Well, it's almost 11:00 and I haven't even started packing for the trip tomorrow :rolleyes: Standard operating procedure!

Think I'll turn in and try to get up early. The SVX is freshly washed and vacuumed, the oil and ATF has been changed and no rain is in the forecast for the Smokies.

It's going to be a good one . . . :)

Aredubjay
04-19-2001, 10:54 PM
Same here, Jerry. Clothes all over the bedroom. Can't decide which jeans to pack. :) I managed to go by the car wash today (hated to do it, but, I couldn't arrive TOTALLY dirty -- much rather hand wash). I'll throw things in a suitcase in the morning -- then, gotta take the kid to school on the way out of town. Gotta pick out some tunes to travel by. Oh, how 'bout "OOO EEE OOO AH AH, TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG" (Oh, that one'll roll around forever!!!! HAHAHA!):D