PDA

View Full Version : Numbers Please

poweredx2
05-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I truly plan on purchasing the stage two software,but I was wondering when will some hp numbers are better yet quarter mile numbers get posted.Stage 1 would should put a stock svx around a 15 flat,stage 2 a high 12 is possible,stage 3 well mid 13s I hope with all that low end torque.

Chiketkd
05-21-2005, 03:05 PM
I truly plan on purchasing the stage two software,but I was wondering when will some hp numbers are better yet quarter mile numbers get posted.Stage 1 would should put a stock svx around a 15 flat,stage 2 a high 12 is possible,stage 3 well mid 13s I hope with all that low end torque.
Walter,

The stage 1 wouldn't put an n/a SVX at 15 flat. The admin Chris did before and after g-tech tests with the chip (after giving the ECU time to learn), and saw improvements in the 1/4 mile of ~0.1s and 1mph.

Most awd n/a SVXs run anywhere between 15.5-16.5 @ 87-88mph (on stock gears). Only adding a stage 1 chip isn't going to make any n/a awd SVX run anywhere close to 15 flat. ;)

-Chike

poweredx2
05-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I see now because the main increase in power is around the lower rpm area,but that should help the awd leave a little stronger.With a fwd you already have a 3.70 final drive,that may be why I really couldn't understand why so many people said the the svx was weak between 2-3500 rpm.Also running a 225/45 or 225/40 would increase your final drive somewhat.My new continental tires are about 1/2 inch shorter than my 225/45 kumhos were and that tire was stock rolling diameter,it just differs from company to company.My opinion was based on a svx like yours with a few mods that already run nearly 15 flat an those rare 92s that ran low 15 stock.

SVXRide
05-22-2005, 10:35 AM
and one of these Fridays -- if and when the weather Gods decide that they are tired of having it rain -- we should have even more Stage 1 v4 track data...
-Bill

Chiketkd
05-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I see now because the main increase in power is around the lower rpm area,but that should help the awd leave a little stronger.With a fwd you already have a 3.70 final drive,that may be why I really couldn't understand why so many people said the the svx was weak between 2-3500 rpm.Also running a 225/45 or 225/40 would increase your final drive somewhat.My new continental tires are about 1/2 inch shorter than my 225/45 kumhos were and that tire was stock rolling diameter,it just differs from company to company.My opinion was based on a svx like yours with a few mods that already run nearly 15 flat an those rare 92s that ran low 15 stock.
Fastest time I've seen on a stock geared SVX with a few mods is from Bwana who went 15.37 @ 89mph with his '96. Fastest I've ever seen for a '92 was SolarSVX who went 15.4 using 104 octane gas. The 92's aren't any faster than any other year - the biggest factor seems to be weight. The luxurious awd LS-L or LSi models are the slowest, while entry level awd LS or L models are faster (~100lbs lighter).

-Chike

immortal_suby
05-22-2005, 04:35 PM
The 92's aren't any faster than any other year -
-Chike

Blasphemy! Everyone knows the 92's are fastarest.

NikFu S.
05-22-2005, 05:13 PM
The luxurious awd LS-L or LSi models are the slowest

-Chike

http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_gonk.gif

Budfreak
05-22-2005, 05:57 PM

i fully agree. every test i've seen so far says 92's are fastest:) i've talked to capuano and he test drove my car before i bought it and told me it had much better acceleration than his 94, till he got the chip and shift kit that is.:) now he says there about equal. i'll find out for sure when i meet up with him hopefully.

Chiketkd
05-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm talking about real-world results here. If you think your '92 has a 1/4 mile time faster than Bwana's 15.37 @ 89mph - by all means, go to the track and prove me wrong! ;)

-Chike

Speedklix
05-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I know that when i got mine, i drove a few... and the 92 that I bought seemed to be the quickest. even though it was an LSL and some of the newer years where base. They were all stock.
Never put too much thought into it, and just assumed it had something to do with a change Subaru made to the ecu in the interest of fuel economy.

Just thought I would put it out there.

TomsSVX
05-23-2005, 10:14 AM
The luxurious awd LS-L or LSi models are the slowest, while entry level awd LS or L models are faster (~100lbs lighter).

-Chike

Whoa WHoa whoa....when did the LSI become slower??? I seem to remember this little time slip from and LSI 2 years older than urs running in the 14's?? I cannot put my finger on the name but it was so catchy.....argh i hate this I will be tying to figure it out all day.

Tom(looking at my sig and coming to a shcoking realization :D )

lhopp77
05-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Like I have said before, my 94 FWD is definitely the quickest and fastest of my cars. It also has the most mileage on it. It is an LE (very base model) so is significantly lighter with no stock sunroof and no ABS (does have a dealer installed glass sunroof). Single airbag. Did have cloth seats, but changed to leather.

And I have a 92 (96K miles) with Stebro exhaust and K&N filter to compare it with.

Lee

Budfreak
05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm talking about real-world results here. If you think your '92 has a 1/4 mile time faster than Bwana's 15.37 @ 89mph - by all means, go to the track and prove me wrong! ;)

-Chike

give me a little time and i'll do just that when funds and time allow. i work weekends so it's hard to go to the track, but i've made my own personal mods and i think i can beat that time once i get everything together like i want it.no gears, no five speed, just good old shadetree mechanics:)

TomsSVX
05-23-2005, 03:12 PM
um they do have dyno #'s out but i dont think they have legit time slips yet. Just ask subafreak after he burns up the track with his 12 sec 6mt(estimate) on our June 2nd meet.

Tom

Chiketkd
05-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Whoa WHoa whoa....when did the LSI become slower??? I seem to remember this little time slip from and LSI 2 years older than urs running in the 14's?? I cannot put my finger on the name but it was so catchy.....argh i hate this I will be tying to figure it out all day.

Tom(looking at my sig and coming to a shcoking realization :D )
You're a funny guy. But we're talking about 4EAT SVXs here. A 5MT will have a lower driveline loss to the wheels. Plus, switching to a 5MT in any LSi/LS-L will lower the weight by ~100lbs due to the trans being much lighter. ;)

-Chike