PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual Dragon Meet!!!! (1st June - 5th June) **Attending and Caravan Thread**

GreenMarine
05-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Alright guys.... The 5th Annual Dragon meet is now only 3 weeks away!!! I want to get as many SVXi there this year!!! I have noticed that there are more and more people in North and South Carolina, Georga, and Tennessee(sp?)... Lets get you guys to this event!!! It is awesome!!!

Here are some details on the meet:
- Put on by NASIOC every year (5th year now)
- Meet is based out of the BEAUTIFUL mountian region around Fontana Village (http://www.fontanavillage.com)
- Usually around 70 WRX's show up
- Last year the only SVXi there were Me, Porter, Huck, Stevebsy and Arondale
- Meet is named after the famous strech of road on HWY 129 called "The Dragon" (318 curves in 11.3 miles!!)
- Other Awesome roads in the area include but are not limited to:
*** HWY 28
*** Southern Stretch of HWY 129
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
- I am incharge of planning the activities at the Village and so far we have:
*** Drinking
*** LAN Party on PS2 or Xbox (Gran Turismo 4, Ace Combat 5, HALO, ect.)
*** Bond Fires on Friday and Saturday
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing
*** FREE Whitewater Kiacking(sp?) on Friday morning -- Edit: time and date set at 11:00am on Friday

I will be going up for the entire 5 days. I will be leaving from Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA) some time around 1200 on Wednesday June 1st. If there are any SVX owners that want to come up to the meet on that say, let me know and we can caravan up!! If you want to come up another day, this is the place to look into your caravan options. If interested, PM me and we can work out a driving route that works to meet up!!

I hope to see alot of SVXi there this year... My SVX will be finished by then and will be at the Dragon leading the way for the "Slow Group"... Hope to make a good video this year with all the equipment that I have now... For more information on the meet, you can visit the NASIOC thread on the meet which is located here. (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719496)

Here are some pics of the years gone by...
The "Subaru Wedding" at the Dragon
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/baseball-groupshot.jpg

Porter's SVX under Bridal Veil Falls
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/svx-waterfall-small.jpg

Noir
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Alright guys.... The 5th Annual Dragon meet is now only 3 weeks away!!! I want to get as many SVXi there this year!!! I have noticed that there are more and more people in North and South Carolina, Georga, and Tennessee(sp?)... Lets get you guys to this event!!! It is awesome!!!

- Meet is based out of the BEAUTIFUL mountian region around Fontana Village (http://www.fontanavillage.com)
- Last year the only SVXi there were Me, Porter, Huck, and Harry
- Meet is named after the famous strech of road on HWY 129 called "The Dragon" (318 curves in 11.3 miles!!)
*** HWY 28
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
*** Drinking
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing
*** FREE Whitewater Kiacking(sp?) on Friday morning

I will be going up for the entire 5 days. I will be leaving from Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA) some time around 1200 on Wednesday June 1st. If there are any SVX owners that want to come up to the meet on that say, let me know and we can caravan up!! If you want to come up another day, this is the place to look into your caravan options. If interested, PM me and we can work out a driving route that works to meet up!!

I hope to see alot of SVXi there this year... My SVX will be finished by then and will be at the Dragon leading the way for the "Slow Group"... Hope to make a good video this year with all the equipment that I have now... For more information on the meet, you can visit the NASIOC thread on the meet which is located here. (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719496)

Wasn't this Harry, maybe another. Didn't Arondale go? I had a set of keys stolen and my alarm the night before so I was too pissed to go. Have fun dude.

SVXer95
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I really really really REALLY want to go, but I am afraid it is just too far for me. That, and I can't take the vacation days to get down and back.

RSVX
05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I "Might" be able to swing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th... at worst the 4th and 5th.

Perhaps some other GSP region members would like to caravan up there?

GreenMarine
05-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Common Chris :):)... I know some of my friends down here in Beaufort are coming up that weekend... There is really no reason why everyone in South Carolina and North Carolina shouldn't atleast beable to get out there for the weekend :)

RSVX
05-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Like I said, the weekend shouldn't be a problem, but seeing as I am contracted to do a job for people that... aren't here to do the job... I can't get the time during the week off. Friday at BEST.

Basically, I am the one stop IT shop guy... yes, I know it sounds like a convenience store, but beleive me, nothing that I have to do for the users is... convenient, to me or them!!

RSVX
05-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Is there a code for a discount rate at any of the area hotels? Or is it FFY(Fend for yourself)?

huck369
05-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Like I said, the weekend shouldn't be a problem, but seeing as I am contracted to do a job for people that... aren't here to do the job... I can't get the time during the week off. Friday at BEST.

Basically, I am the one stop IT shop guy... yes, I know it sounds like a convenience store, but beleive me, nothing that I have to do for the users is... convenient, to me or them!!

I'll be there again this year with the XTer's.....3rd-5th

It's a great meet, everyone that has the chance should be there.

Absolutely incredible roads, every one should drive them at least once……and we need the sacrificial Virgin SVX to offer up to the Dragon this year…..last year it was Chris’s….the year before it was Harry’s…….
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/huck369/12261.JPG

huck369
05-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Is there a code for a discount rate at any of the area hotels? Or is it FFY(Fend for yourself)?

The Fontana Inn, just tell them you're with the Subaru Group.

RSVX
05-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I am really hoping to be there this year, its way too close to miss, especially since I moved out of NJ and missed Reading this year.

My car might be a virgin to the Dragon, but she's coming home in one piece... dammit!

Hope to see you all there.

immortal_suby
05-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Not sure if I'll make this one with the baby and all, but I'll give it a shot.

Stevebsy
05-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey..I was there last year in my SVX

This year the XT is going - high compression EA82 and Megasquirt and intercooler all aboard.

And I'm driving up from Texas this year, so if anyone is going from that direction...let's hear.

Noir
05-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey..I was there last year in my SVX

This year the XT is going - high compression EA82 and Megasquirt and intercooler all aboard.

And I'm driving up from Texas this year, so if anyone is going from that direction...let's hear.

whoa, when did you move to texas? :p

Earthworm
05-09-2005, 06:27 PM
whoa, when did you move to texas? :pWhere have you been??

Stevebsy
05-09-2005, 08:55 PM
whoa, when did you move to texas? :p

Aug 2004. Got a job, so I had to go. Beats driving a school bus and making $9 an hour where I was...

Now I cross the border every day and work in a border city in Mexico at a large fiberglass products manufacturer. I live about as far south as you can go and not be in Mexico.

You know they still have R12 in Mexico? $8 a can..just smuggle it back with you, not that I would ever do such a thing...but just a thought for you vacationers w/ R12 SVXi

awdsvxh6
05-10-2005, 12:18 PM

*** HWY 28
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
*** Drinking
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing
*** FREE Whitewater Kiacking(sp?) on Friday morning -- Edit: time and date set at 11:00am on Friday

i would love to go but i dont know if i would have my car fixed or be able to get off of work

GreenMarine
05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
i would love to go but i dont know if i would have my car fixed or be able to get off of work
Hope that ya can make it man!!! Where are ya located?? I'm sure that I could come help ya fix your car if ya need it.... PM me and let me know!!! :D:):cool:

awdsvxh6
05-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Hope that ya can make it man!!! Where are ya located?? I'm sure that I could come help ya fix your car if ya need it.... PM me and let me know!!! :D:):cool:

im in paulding county GA. i took my timing belt cover off and checked the timing and that is off so i have to fix that. i dont get how my timing has jumped when i never cranked it for 2 weeks.

huck369
05-10-2005, 08:06 PM
im in paulding county GA. i took my timing belt cover off and checked the timing and that is off so i have to fix that. i dont get how my timing has jumped when i never cranked it for 2 weeks.

Why do you think it's jumped time...?

awdsvxh6
05-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Why do you think it's jumped time...?

as of right now anything is a guess. me and my dad have no idea what the problem is with it. im am gonna replace the entire intake manifold on it and all the sensors like the knock sensors while i have the manifold off. so far i have replaced all 6 injectors, all 6 spark plugs, all 6 coil packs, a new ignitor for the coil packs, sifened out all the gas and replaced it with fresh gas, cleaned up all the grounds and cleaned up the MAF and it still runs bad.

immortal_suby
05-10-2005, 08:37 PM
as of right now anything is a guess. me and my dad have no idea what the problem is with it. im am gonna replace the entire intake manifold on it and all the sensors like the knock sensors while i have the manifold off. so far i have replaced all 6 injectors, all 6 spark plugs, all 6 coil packs, a new ignitor for the coil packs, sifened out all the gas and replaced it with fresh gas, cleaned up all the grounds and cleaned up the MAF and it still runs bad.

ouch. :eek: :eek:

awdsvxh6
05-10-2005, 08:50 PM
i only paid for the ignitor and gas

huck369
05-11-2005, 05:23 AM
Have you checked your fuel pressure?
With the SVX's t-belt design, it is highly unlikely that it "jumped time", the SVX's system will generally stay in time till the belt breaks, so if the belt is intact, it's probably still in time.

And the fact that it runs, but poorly makes me think maybe a poor fuel supply, possiably a weak fuel pump?

Just some thoughts....

GreenMarine
05-11-2005, 06:48 AM
With the SVX's t-belt design, it is highly unlikely that it "jumped time", the SVX's system will generally stay in time till the belt breaks, so if the belt is intact, it's probably still in time.

And the fact that it runs, but poorly makes me think maybe a poor fuel supply, possiably a weak fuel pump?

Just some thoughts....

That was what I was thinking.... I would check that :) Where exactly are ya located?? I wanna come and help, but I'm not sure where ya are and if I'd be able to because of location.... I am in Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA)...

SVXer95
05-11-2005, 06:58 AM

Just some thoughts....
My timing belt jumped once. Just floored it merging onto the freeway and bam. Felt like I was running on three cylinders. This was less than 1000 miles after I had it replaced by the dealer. They would not pay for it either :(

huck369
05-11-2005, 08:09 AM
My timing belt jumped once. Just floored it merging onto the freeway and bam. Felt like I was running on three cylinders. This was less than 1000 miles after I had it replaced by the dealer. They would not pay for it either :(

Then it was likely a bad tensioner, not a bad belt....

SVXer95
05-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Then it was likely a bad tensioner, not a bad belt....
Tensioner was replaced. Nothing else was replaced when I had the timing reset at a different dealership. Very strange. I suspect something wasn't fastened properly when the first stealership did the repair.

I don't know what is going on in this situation, just saying it IS possible for timing to jump.

Noir
05-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Aug 2004. Got a job, so I had to go. Beats driving a school bus and making $9 an hour where I was...

Now I cross the border every day and work in a border city in Mexico at a large fiberglass products manufacturer. I live about as far south as you can go and not be in Mexico.

You know they still have R12 in Mexico? $8 a can..just smuggle it back with you, not that I would ever do such a thing...but just a thought for you vacationers w/ R12 SVXi

sweet man. guess i've been outta the loop. $8/can. hmm..can make a few bucks there. :)

Rd96SVX
05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
wow, I'd love to make it down there and meet a bunch of you guys, but I'm coming from the opposite direction so caravaning is out, unless huck might be willing to meet up with me somewhere along the way in his XT. And I believe my SVX is virgin enough to make it worthy for sacrifice, but I would also like it to stay in one piece. I may also need some troubleshooting help, my gas mileage is attrocious, a mere 15-18 mpg, any ideas?? I don't have a job yet for the summer and beyond, so this trip is definately do-able.
And Stevebsy, I've been wanting to meet you as well, that is a fine looking bumper you have cranked out down there over the border. Any plans for a featherweight hood? or rear bumber cover?
anyway, back to subject at hand, yeah, any of you guys heading down from IN/IL/OH/KY/TN want to meet up, I'm in. :D

huck369
05-11-2005, 02:18 PM
wow, I'd love to make it down there and meet a bunch of you guys, but I'm coming from the opposite direction so caravaning is out, unless huck might be willing to meet up with me somewhere along the way in his XT. And I believe my SVX is virgin enough to make it worthy for sacrifice, but I would also like it to stay in one piece. I may also need some troubleshooting help, my gas mileage is attrocious, a mere 15-18 mpg, any ideas?? I don't have a job yet for the summer and beyond, so this trip is definately do-able.
And Stevebsy, I've been wanting to meet you as well, that is a fine looking bumper you have cranked out down there over the border. Any plans for a featherweight hood? or rear bumber cover?
anyway, back to subject at hand, yeah, any of you guys heading down from IN/IL/OH/KY/TN want to meet up, I'm in. :D

You're welcome to caravan down with me, I hope to leave Friday morning, as I was thinking about getting in on the white water rafting....
Crash from Louisville followed me down for one meet....

As for you poor mileage, most likely culpret is the O2 sensors....not cheap....but not that high either as far as SVX stuff goes.

Rd96SVX
05-11-2005, 02:26 PM
damned o2 sensors, that would be why my check engine light is on, dangit
I've been meaning to get to those in the forst few weeks I've had it. Thanks, I'll see if I can get those done before June. Yeah Huck, I'd be thrilled to follow you down, is there any particular place that you would like to meet up or just somewhere along I-75 or what route would you take?

huck369
05-11-2005, 07:44 PM
damned o2 sensors, that would be why my check engine light is on, dangit
I've been meaning to get to those in the forst few weeks I've had it. Thanks, I'll see if I can get those done before June. Yeah Huck, I'd be thrilled to follow you down, is there any particular place that you would like to meet up or just somewhere along I-75 or what route would you take?

Do you know how to get to Somerset?
As we could meet here and then head on down..
I usually take hwy27 down to hwy 63 over to I-75, as it's the fastest way from here.
It's about 3 hours from here to the Dragon.
My Daughter Sommer is going with me, but I don't know yet if she is driving her car (just got her licence) or if she's riding with me...so it might be a 3 car caravan....

PM me closer to the meet, and I'll get you my phone numbers.....and bring a FRS radio, if you have one..

Rd96SVX
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Do you know how to get to Somerset?
As we could meet here and then head on down..
I usually take hwy27 down to hwy 63 over to I-75, as it's the fastest way from here.
It's about 3 hours from here to the Dragon.
My Daughter Sommer is going with me, but I don't know yet if she is driving her car (just got her licence) or if she's riding with me...so it might be a 3 car caravan....

PM me closer to the meet, and I'll get you my phone numbers.....and bring a FRS radio, if you have one..

Sure I can get to Somerset, my great uncle and my grandfather own a horse farm in russell springs and a cabin on lake cumberland, whew, good times. Anywho, yeah I can get there.. I will PM you closer to the meet and yes, I have FRS radios.
Just got her license did she? So that makes Sommer 17ish.?.. What kind of car does she have? The trip would definately be a good driving experience for her.
Talk to you a bit more later Huck

Rd96SVX
05-12-2005, 12:35 AM
I think I read it too fast before huck and it didn't register that there was white water rafting, good times.. But not for me while in a canoe(flash flood). If you actually are READY for white water then it's pretty cool, but quite the opposite when ill-prepared(my scout leader would be ashamed). So, friday would be the 3rd of June, k Looking forward to it. I'll be in touch.

huck369
05-12-2005, 05:31 AM
The white water rafting is a guided tour, not in a canoe, shouldn't be a problem for an amature like me :)
Sommer drive's the 95 Impreza Sedan in my sig(so of course she drive's a Suby...and a stick at that :cool: )....and she's 16, turns 17 in October

awdsvxh6
05-12-2005, 07:45 AM
how much will all this cost?

huck369
05-12-2005, 08:08 AM
how much will all this cost?

Cost will be your room, and fuel for you car and eats...

I Think they're doing the white water rafting for free, as one of the members works for the rafting company, and sets it up every year....

GreenMarine
05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Cost will be your room, and fuel for you car and eats...

I Think they're doing the white water rafting for free, as one of the members works for the rafting company, and sets it up every year....

Yeo, White Water Rafting is Free :)

Since I am one of the organizers this year, I have set up some pretty impressive driving routes... Should be a blast... Also some pretty cool events going on in "the village" as well... If you have a small TV and want to help support the GT4 LAN party that I am throwing, Bring it!!! We will need a seperate TV for every Playstation... I have a router and can dig up some CAT-5 cable... All we need now are small TV's (13"-21") that people are willing to bring... Hopefully we can set up a prize for the champion of the "Drive off" There will also be "Drunk Driving" on GT4... That will probably be going on after 11pm on Saturday night... I'll explain more once we are there... :D It's gonna be a good meet!! I'm so glad that I get to arrange some of the activities this year~!!!! Hope everyone enjoys it there!!

GreenMarine
05-12-2005, 09:18 AM
**Update**

Get your rooms FAST!!! They are disapearing quickly.... If there are no more rooms left, then there is camping ($15) a night... The link for all the Fontana Village Lodging is www.fontanavillage.com

If the rooms are all gone and you don't want to camp, then there is a Microtel in Robbinsville (closest real town) about 20 minutes drive from Fontana Village down the south end of 129... Their contact info is:

111 Rodney Orr By-Pass
Robbinsville, NC 28771
(828) 479-6772

Or to reserve a room online.... Go here and scroll down to Robbinsville ---> http://www.microtelinn.com/reservations/cityselect.asp?State=NC&pagecode=hdir

Great to see that there is some response for this meet!!!

rvnmaniac
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I've ridden everyone of those roads on a motorcycle. There is some great riding to be had in that area. The Cherahala is my road of choice. you could just put me on there and leave me all day. There is a KOA in Tellico Plains Tenn at the foot of the Cherahala. The Kabins sleep 3 - 4 people minimum. I've stayed there the last 3 years and it's not that far from the Gap.
Unfortunately those dates conflict with a trip to Indianapolis June 3rd. I will be in that area, the Gap, the third week of Sep for our annual Yamaha FJ1200 Motorcycle Fall Rally. I love that area, too bad it takes me 10 hours to drive there......

*** HWY 28
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
*** Drinking
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing

Rd96SVX
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
The Fontana Inn, just tell them you're with the Subaru Group.

hey huck, did you mean the fontana village resort, or is the inn something separate? Is that where everyone usually stays, etc? I'm probably gonna go ahead and book a room for the 3-5th sometime tomorrow and just wanted to make sure I get one in the right place. thanks

huck369
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
hey huck, did you mean the fontana village resort, or is the inn something separate? Is that where everyone usually stays, etc? I'm probably gonna go ahead and book a room for the 3-5th sometime tomorrow and just wanted to make sure I get one in the right place. thanks

Yeah the resort is where most people stay (it's where I'm staying), tell them you're with the "Subaru Group" and I think the rooms are something like $57 a night.

GreenMarine
05-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I've ridden everyone of those roads on a motorcycle. There is some great riding to be had in that area. The Cherahala is my road of choice. you could just put me on there and leave me all day. There is a KOA in Tellico Plains Tenn at the foot of the Cherahala. The Kabins sleep 3 - 4 people minimum. I've stayed there the last 3 years and it's not that far from the Gap.
Unfortunately those dates conflict with a trip to Indianapolis June 3rd. I will be in that area, the Gap, the third week of Sep for our annual Yamaha FJ1200 Motorcycle Fall Rally. I love that area, too bad it takes me 10 hours to drive there......

There is also a Fall meet at the Dragon.... I'll be sure to post when exactly it will be as soon as we decide :)

GreenMarine
05-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah the resort is where most people stay (it's where I'm staying), tell them you're with the "Subaru Group" and I think the rooms are something like $57 a night.

Correct :).... But Camping is a better deal IMHO... = $15/night :D:D:cool:

Rd96SVX
05-12-2005, 11:42 PM
As much fun as camping sounds, and I do love camping.I've made many a week-long backpacking journeys in the smokies. I think I'll stick with the indoor crowd this trip...unless I can't get a room.

Rd96SVX
05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
as of this moment my reservation is made and there are 22 rooms left to go at the fontana village resort

call 18008492258 for reservations tell them you are with the subaru group and the rate is 51 dollars per night... if you neglect to tell them you are with the group, as i nearly did, room rates are 89 dollars per night.. don't make that mistake

svxhunter
05-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm gonna try and go!!

Rd96SVX
05-13-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm gonna try and go!!

Awesome, I've been wanting to get a look at that racer (if that's the one you're bringing)
No matter, I'll be glad to meet a bunch of the "guys", you should get in touch with greenmarine and follow him up..

ALSO, if anyone wants to split the cost of a room, I can take a roommate as I am only one person and will not use both beds.. PM me if interested

awdsvxh6
05-13-2005, 10:35 PM
man this is pissing me off!!!

i wanna go soooo bad but i dont know if i will have my car fixed in time and if i do go then im campin 15 a night aint bad and i will prolly only be up there for like 2-3 days.

Rd96SVX
05-13-2005, 10:59 PM
man this is pissing me off!!!

i wanna go soooo bad but i dont know if i will have my car fixed in time and if i do go then im campin 15 a night aint bad and i will prolly only be up there for like 2-3 days.

How close are you to greenmarine?, I'm sure he'd be willing to help you get your car together in time for the meet...

svxhunter
05-14-2005, 05:05 AM
Awesome, I've been wanting to get a look at that racer (if that's the one you're bringing)

I don't think it will be the racer- not road legal.

I think it will be my 5-spd claret. But I'm kind of in the same position as GreenMarine...I think I can, I think I can.... ;)

immortal_suby
05-14-2005, 05:29 AM
so - which one of you will be performing the yearly sacrifice?

awdsvxh6
05-14-2005, 07:12 AM
How close are you to greenmarine?, I'm sure he'd be willing to help you get your car together in time for the meet...

him and me already talked about this. today im replaceing my whole EGR valve system to see if that helps it. im hoping it will cuz when i press the valve it the idle goes up on my car instead of stalling it do i'll see what happens.

Rd96SVX
05-14-2005, 01:06 PM

NOT IT!!!!!

GreenMarine
05-14-2005, 02:32 PM

Yea... .He is on the other side of Atlanta... That's a good 5 hour drive for me :(... Can't help him there.... But I wished him luck :)... I know he;ll figure it out soon... Just keep at it man... I'm betting on the ECU as being the problem...

GreenMarine
05-14-2005, 02:33 PM

There will not be one this year... :)

I will make sure of it... I have alot of neat events planned up there and we will be taking it careful... If I lead any of the drives (Usually Porter's duty) then we will be enjoying the road, not getting careless....

awdsvxh6
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
i replaced the EGR valve(NOT FUN TO DO!) didnt help and now my dad is gonna have a technition come back out from SOA to check to connections again and then i might just have to replace the ecu but im not sure.

GreenMarine
05-14-2005, 07:56 PM
damn man.... Good luck.... hope everything works out....If ya don't want to drive your car up try to catch a ride with Porter...

awdsvxh6
05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
damn man.... Good luck.... hope everything works out....If ya don't want to drive your car up try to catch a ride with Porter...

well the thing is my lil brother has a brat but we are nervous about biringing it up there cuz thats a long drive and since it only has 4 gears it will be cherpin all the way up there

immortal_suby
05-14-2005, 09:29 PM
The meet is very cool. Drive the brat up and then ride along with someone on the dragon. It's worth it. I'd be going again if it wasn't for the baby. I've been 3 times and enjoyed every one.

awdsvxh6
05-14-2005, 10:41 PM
we should try to bring it up there. it backfires so loud sounds like a shot gun is going off. i think if i talk my dad into it we might be able to go if my car isn't done.

Rd96SVX
05-14-2005, 10:50 PM
LOL, that would be HIGH-LARRIOUS to have a brat there... you should really try to bring it.....

huck369
05-15-2005, 06:23 AM
I'm gonna try and go!!

That's great Paul!

It'll be great to meet you face to face :cool:

awdsvxh6
05-15-2005, 11:12 AM
ok....we've decided to try and talk my dad into taking the brat up there if my car isn't fixed yet. if we go we will end up just campin out. is there any trails to ride on out there? cuz these thing are badass off road.

also is there a way if we do end up going anyone could meet up with us cuz we arent that good with directions so we would prolly end up somewhere way out of the way.

GreenMarine
05-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Just meet up with the Atlanta crew on NASIOC... There is a good 15-20 of them.... I wouldn't try to ride any off road trails... YOu know what happens when ya go offroad... Ya break things... A towtruck ride back home is not cheap either....

svxhunter
05-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey Chris:

I think he meant off-road with a Brat.

You tried it with an SVX!

immortal_suby
05-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey Chris:

I think he meant off-road with a Brat.

You tried it with an SVX!

LOL! :D :eek: :D

GreenMarine
05-15-2005, 07:01 PM
That's what I meant... If he breaks something in the Brat, it will be a long and expensive ride back home in a tow truck....

awdsvxh6
05-15-2005, 08:31 PM
i meet another guy down here when i was working today that had a svx. i was bringing a row of carts up and i was like "oh **** thats a svx" so i ran over there and i met the guy and he said he wouldent mind going up to NC for the meet since he didnt know about it. and the messed up thing is i saw his same svx on autotrader for 3000 and he ended up getting it for 270 at the dealer oction so i was kinda mad since we were thinking about getting that same one. only had 97,000 miles on it when he got it.

GreenMarine
05-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Awesome man!!! Bring him along!! If worst comes to worst, atleast ya could try to get a ride with him and be in an SVX atleast :D:D

'96SVXBluetiful
05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
It would be my first Meet if I can come I'd probly be able to come anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th :D :D Can't wait!!

Haley-

'96SVXBluetiful
05-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Not many TN people around I'm guessin I seem to be one of three that I know of :confused:

Rd96SVX
05-20-2005, 04:49 PM
It would be my first Meet if I can come I'd probly be able to come anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th :D :D Can't wait!!

Haley-

hey Haley,
I've not seen you around the forums before, oh well, the weekend is when most people show up anyway, probably only half of everybody that will be there is there wed & thur. I look forward to meeting a bunch of happy SVXers, etc. Hope you can make it, should be fun if greenmarine has anything to do with it.. also Huck and I and I understand his daughter too, we'll be meeting up somewhere in somerset and going down on the 3rd, I'm not sure if we go near nashville, but we could probably meet up somewhere along the way if you need help getting down to the dragon(let me know)

awdsvxh6
05-20-2005, 08:26 PM
OMG!!!! my dad filled up my gas tank and i started it up this morning to check and see if anything was loose and when it was warmed up.........it sat at 610rpm's and didnt even move. it has never ran like this b4. i drove it around and i got the throttle cable a lil to tight so u barely push the gas and it takes off. i have a leak where tha gaskets are on the cat. i replaced all the gaskets and it leaks so i dunno. im really looking forward to heading up there and i got my radar detector so im set.

svxhunter
05-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Awdsvxh6:

Where's Paulding County?

awdsvxh6
05-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Awdsvxh6:

Where's Paulding County?

it is just west of atlanta near cobb county and douglasville. where is americus i have never even heard of that.

huck369
05-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Not many TN people around I'm guessin I seem to be one of three that I know of :confused:

I just sold my 95 SVX to Jayahalasi in Knoxville, TN.....granted thats a ways from Nashville....but it is TN ;)

svxhunter
05-21-2005, 07:29 AM
it is just west of atlanta near cobb county and douglasville. where is americus i have never even heard of that.

LOL!!

I'm about 3 hrs. south of you.

awdsvxh6
05-21-2005, 08:23 AM
LOL!!

I'm about 3 hrs. south of you.

are you headed up there? if so when?

svxhunter
05-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm probably going up on the 3rd. Not completely sure- I'm trying to coodinate something with Huck, and trying to get my SVX ready.

If I can't get the SVX running, I might still go.

awdsvxh6
05-21-2005, 10:42 AM
ok i just made my reservation for friday saturday and sunday. so im gonna try and leave that friday mornin and i was just gonna call into work that night. i just got my svx runnin right and now i need to clean her up. i might have my dad order the 97 grill for me cuz the lens on mine is starting to get moisture in it and i hte it when i does that.

GreenMarine
05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear that ya are gonna be making it up there now....

Maybe ya would like to pass out some of those 97 grills there at the meet... Ya know I am rebuilding my car and sure could use one.... Ya know, since it isn't all that hard for ya to get them and stuff :cool:

Hop
05-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi, I'm a new 92 SVXer, had it for less than a week now and already have 900 miles on it. I've been checking out the site and think that this meet would be a great way to learn about the car - like where is the freakin' cup holder??? I've been looking all over and just can't find one anywhere.

Is this area where the gathering is small enough so that I'll be able to find other SVX's? I've been out on the Dragons tail once before years ago but don't know the area all that well.

Checking in from Greensboro, NC.

Greg

huck369
05-24-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi, I'm a new 92 SVXer, had it for less than a week now and already have 900 miles on it. I've been checking out the site and think that this meet would be a great way to learn about the car - like where is the freakin' cup holder??? I've been looking all over and just can't find one anywhere.

Is this area where the gathering is small enough so that I'll be able to find other SVX's? I've been out on the Dragons tail once before years ago but don't know the area all that well.

Greg

Welcome Greg,
and sure come on to the meet, finding the other SVXers won't be a problem, I'll be there in my XT6, but will try to keep an eye out for you.

Rd96SVX
05-24-2005, 11:07 AM

Greg

Hello and welcome,
We would be more than happy to share our knowledge of the car with you.. and to strt things off.. stop looking for the cup holders, there really aren't any(unless you have a passenger) the center console lid flips up and there is usually an insert that acts as a cupholder, but that could very well be gone. The SVX presence at the dragon is looking promising from what I hear.. about 5-6.. plus the guys that own SVXi but will be driving something else(so there shouldn't be a problem finding us.. we should stick out pretty bad) Hope you can make it to the meet.. call fontana resort and set something up, not much time left. You can get their address from them, then mapquest it, I imagine it won't be difficult to find.
Alex

GreenMarine
05-24-2005, 11:46 AM

Greg

AWESOME!!! A fellow Greensboring SVXer!!! What's up man :) I enlisted in the Marines from Greensboro :) Definitly have to come up to the Dragon man... I have family in Greensboro still, but will be moving to Raliegh (most likely) in about 2 months when I am out of the Marines... Hope to catch ya up there man!!

RSVX
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
For those of you that are going, and hell, for those of you that arent... here is what you will be a part of, or be missing :cool:

Courtesy of http://maps.google.com

GreenMarine
05-24-2005, 10:38 PM
For those of you that are going, and hell, for those of you that arent... here is what you will be a part of, or be missing :cool:

Courtesy of http://maps.google.com

Still not going man??

RSVX
05-25-2005, 06:13 AM
still undecided. A few things need to fall into place, and Im hoping that they will.

GreenMarine
05-25-2005, 07:40 AM
still undecided. A few things need to fall into place, and Im hoping that they will.
well man... I hope ya can make it...

If there are no rooms left there is always camping at $15 a night and also the Microtel in Robbinsville, NC...

awdsvxh6
05-25-2005, 11:18 AM
how much is gas up there? it's like $2.25 a gallon for premium here.

GreenMarine
05-25-2005, 11:38 AM
how much is gas up there? it's like $2.25 a gallon for premium here.

Hahahahhaa!!!! Expect atleast that much up there... Possibly alittle cheaper in Robbinsville.... But Asheville (last week) wasn't all that cheap :rolleyes:

awdsvxh6
05-25-2005, 07:45 PM
me and my older brother went to taco bell in my car and the guy at the window was so amazed about my car he forgot to ask for out money and just gave us our food. he was like wow does it come with those windows like that?
we just luaghed cranked my stereo up vibrated taco bell and left.

Hop
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking forward to meeting the group. I'm getting the car into shape so that I don't look too awful bad next to you guys. She's in the shop tomorrow for bearings. I just can't cope with the roar. I think that I got a pretty sweet deal. $450 for both rear bearings. I also found that I have a cracked rad. got a patch now and have the alum rad on order. One of many mods.

A friend of mine stopped by today and he's into cars and detailing. he has a 67 Chevelle that is just jaw dropping georgeous. He took one look at my car and said 'Oh no, that's just wrong.' then he went and got a hose, washed it and polished it with some kind of compounding polish. I couldn't believe it, what a freak. He wouldn't let me help at all. He'd mumble 'This is what I do, Just get the hell out of the way.' After he was done, I have to admit that the car looks amazing. I would have never guessed that the car could clean up so well. the guy was a little freaked about the windows too :eek: LOL

Hey, are they going to sell anything like 05 SVX shirts or any other momemtos there? I sure would like to come back with more than a trunk full of empty beer bottles.

Oh yea, that reminds me, Yo Green Marine, I'm an old AF dude and I know about you Marines so try to save a few beers for me. :D I'm aiming for Fri.

Greg

huck369
05-26-2005, 05:45 AM
I'll have some "Alcyone at the Dragon" shirts for sell there....really for the XT group, but would work on a SVX too, since they're both Alcyone's

GreenMarine
05-26-2005, 08:10 AM
I'll have some "Alcyone at the Dragon" shirts for sell there....really for the XT group, but would work on a SVX too, since they're both Alcyone's

Good stuff Huck :):)....

Just 6 days now till I leave!!! I hope I get my car back tomorrow :(:(:(... Gonna need a few days to detail it and everything...

huck369
05-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Yeah,
I've been busy trying to get the XT6 ready, installed a new radiator, tuned it up, new brakes all around, and hope to detail it this weekend, (We have a car show in town this Sat, "Somernites Cruise") so I'll detail it out for the show, so it should be pretty good for the Dragon the next weekend.

I'll end up washing it at the Dragon anyway to clean all th ebugs off from the trip down there....

Rd96SVX
05-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah,
I've been busy trying to get the XT6 ready, installed a new radiator, tuned it up, new brakes all around, and hope to detail it this weekend, (We have a car show in town this Sat, "Somernites Cruise") so I'll detail it out for the show, so it should be pretty good for the Dragon the next weekend.

I'll end up washing it at the Dragon anyway to clean all th ebugs off from the trip down there....

Is there going to be a "Dirtiest Vehicle Award"?... I think I might be going for that then, cause there's no way I can get this car into the condition you guys are talking about, but that's ok... I haven't had it long enough to make it shine. Perhaps by next year I'll have it ready :rolleyes:

svxhunter
05-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Don't worry, Alex. I'm going to worry about getting the car RUNNING. It is currently under a layer of about 3" of sawdust. I won't have much time to deal with that, so if I get it running I'll be competing heavily for the dirtiest award. Maybe I can win the fuzziest award... :rolleyes:

Detailing will definitely have to wait 'till next year.

If I don't get it running, I'll have the SVX that most looks like a Ford pickup truck.

awdsvxh6
05-26-2005, 02:04 PM
oh since now there is a dirtiest award we're deffinutly bringing the brat covered in mud!

awdsvxh6
05-26-2005, 09:56 PM
whats the closet city i could get a hotel at arounf there? my friends doesn't wanna camp out so he is gonna look for a cheap hotel that is around there. but im gonna try and talk him into it since it is only like 13.50 a night there. and we will be coming up late friday night around 9-11 depends on how fast we drive.

huck369
05-27-2005, 05:20 AM
whats the closet city i could get a hotel at arounf there? my friends doesn't wanna camp out so he is gonna look for a cheap hotel that is around there. but im gonna try and talk him into it since it is only like 13.50 a night there. and we will be coming up late friday night around 9-11 depends on how fast we drive.

Fontana Resort is the meet hotel, and if they have any rooms left, tell them you're with the Subaru group, and the rooms are around $55 a night....the next closet one is the Microtell in Robbinsville, NC which is abour 30 Minutes from the Dragon.

I think http://dragon.drbiggly.com/ is the official Dragon Meet web site, and has links to all the info you'll need...

See you there!

svxhunter
05-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Anybody camping? What's the info on that (where, phone, cost, etc.)?

huck369
05-27-2005, 06:02 AM
Paul,
I think Chris is camping, you can call Fontanna village and ask about the Fontana camping area.

But I believe one or Two XTers will have extra room, if you want to split a room with one of them..
If you wanna stay with one of them and split the cost, let me know and I'll see whos got room for you and your son.

awdsvxh6
05-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Anybody camping? What's the info on that (where, phone, cost, etc.)?

i still might end up campin i mean it is only 13.50 a night to do that.

Rd96SVX
05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a reservation made for a 2 bed room, and I am only one person, I'd be glad to split cost.. say 25 bucks a night.. for two nights( friday and saturday is what the reservation is made for) If I don't get anyone interested in sharing the room, I will act as a severe weather "bastion" for campers[ free of charge] PM with questions/ comments

huck369
05-27-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a reservation made for a 2 bed room, and I am only one person, I'd be glad to split cost.. say 25 bucks a night.. for two nights( friday and saturday is what the reservation is made for) If I don't get anyone interested in sharing the room, I will act as a severe weather "bastion" for campers[ free of charge] PM with questions/ comments

Well, there you go Paul, you and your boy can stay with Rd96SVX.....it all works out... :cool:

Hop
05-27-2005, 06:23 PM
GM,

Can I still sigh up for the white water rafting on Fri? If so, sign me up for 2 please. I've had some plans change and I'll be up there Thurs and Fir night.

Greg

GreenMarine
05-31-2005, 01:09 AM
GM,

Can I still sigh up for the white water rafting on Fri? If so, sign me up for 2 please. I've had some plans change and I'll be up there Thurs and Fir night.

Greg

You'll be fine..... 10am at the parking lot.... I'll have adgendas at the Fontana Village Checkin desk for everyone to pick up... They will be there on Wednesday night...

GreenMarine
05-31-2005, 01:12 AM
BAD NEWS :(:( I don't think that the SVX is gonna make it there this year :(... After all that hard work to get it done, we are stumped because the engine is running with less power than a 1.8ltr and won't idle below 1,500rpms...

We have checked/replaced:
- Fuel filter
- Sparkplugs
- Vaccume Lines
- Timing

Left to check:
- Primary CATS
- Rest of the Exhaust for any restrictions...
- Compression

As it stands now, I am planning on taking "Thumper" up there and just riding with friends while I'm up there.... Damn.... I'm already feeling like an outcast :(

Rd96SVX
05-31-2005, 01:20 AM
did ya check all the electrical conx... also the grounding wire apparently can cause severe issues if it is even slightly loose.. if not that.. i dunno.. list the problems here and have Beav look it over.. he seems to have a knack for that.. don't worry about bringing :rolleyes: the rabbit.. you'll have the car that gets the best mpg by far... and if i have anymore trouble out of my SVX.. i'll have my honda accord there.

huck369
05-31-2005, 05:17 AM
BAD NEWS :(:( I don't think that the SVX is gonna make it there this year :(... After all that hard work to get it done, we are stumped because the engine is running with less power than a 1.8ltr and won't idle below 1,500rpms...

We have checked/replaced:
- Fuel filter
- Sparkplugs
- Vaccume Lines
- Timing

Left to check:
- Primary CATS
- Rest of the Exhaust for any restrictions...
- Compression

As it stands now, I am planning on taking "Thumper" up there and just riding with friends while I'm up there.... Damn.... I'm already feeling like an outcast :(

I know you said you checked vacuum lines, but check the ones on the intake tube again, there is one on the bottom, that WILL cause those symtoms...

Rd96SVX
05-31-2005, 11:31 AM
not saying to do anything drastic, but will it run well enough to drive it up to fontana as is... I'm willing to bet that the group of us can have it fixed there. just an idea, also huck has a good point the vacuum lines on the airbox can do that if one is left unplugged ,there are several hoses on the underside

GreenMarine
05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I know you said you checked vacuum lines, but check the ones on the intake tube again, there is one on the bottom, that WILL cause those symtoms...

Hahahha, it's funny that ya said that.... The first time, I actually forgot to do that one... Now the Cats don't glow anymore, but still runs rough and has almost no power.... Oh yea, it also backfires when accelerating and blows blue smoke (oil :().....

huck369
06-01-2005, 05:35 AM
Hahahha, it's funny that ya said that.... The first time, I actually forgot to do that one... Now the Cats don't glow anymore, but still runs rough and has almost no power.... Oh yea, it also backfires when accelerating and blows blue smoke (oil :().....

If you had th ecats glowing red, there is a good chance they are collaped and clogged up now, this would explain the power loss...try either replacing them, or removing them.